• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I just finished doing a quick 100% run of Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage when I realized what time it was and that I completely forgot about the pic of the day. Now I'm finding out it came late. Guess I made the right use of my time, then. XD

Anyways, didn't expect a buff to Din's Fire. I do like how the explosion looks, though.

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
filler filler filler filler filler filler filler yoshi filler filler filler filler filler filler wario filler filler filler filler filler filler filler Ness filller filller fillller filler filler filller filller filller filller filller filller

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Perhaps, but he never even acknowledged Arceus at all (not even as a trophy cameo), and this was before it was officially revealed one year later. Darkrai did get a trophy cameo though.
wait, wasn't arceus revealed a while after brawl was released? like, WAY later? and i believe it was that way because it's the god of pokemon and whatnot, so why would they keep volcanion secret? especially since they've shown us diance now. i believe we'll be seeing volcanion officially within the next few months.

as for ssb related predictions, i think we may be getting an AT this week
EDIT: wait, why is zelda getting buffed? she was actually one of the easiest characters to be cheap with! din's fire, up smash, forward air, all too easy to hit with and much too strong

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sometimes I feel like the users here need to get a life. There's no point of wasting sleep on something that you can look at later.

Anyway, it's nice to see Din's Fire get a buff, but sadly, buffing a move may just be a wasted effort if fighters can simply just block the attack with their shield.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sometimes I feel like the users here need to get a life. There's no point of wasting sleep on something that you can look at later.

Anyway, it's nice to see Din's Fire get a buff, but sadly, buffing a move may just be a wasted effort if fighters can simply just block the attack with their shield.
I wonder if it would make any difference if it did more shield damage.

Always nice to get information about veteran changes anyway

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hmmmmmm Zelda getting a buff! Blasfemy, back in my day, Zelda and Link were barely usable due to how bad they were. But as a Link/Toon Link main(depending on the game) I would like to see some Link buffs.

link2702

Smash Champion
so....the move has stronger attack power, but more than likely still has a long delay from when she actually releases the move and when its hitbox comes out.

so in other words its still going to be virtually useless as it'll still be easy to dodge....

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
EDIT: wait, why is zelda getting buffed? she was actually one of the easiest characters to be cheap with! din's fire, up smash, forward air, all too easy to hit with and much too strong
Din's Fire is predictable, Up Smash is actually good at low percents, but it can be DI out, and forward/back air need precision. A lot of precision.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
so....the move has stronger attack power, but more than likely still has a long delay from when she actually releases the move and when its hitbox comes out.

so in other words its still going to be virtually useless as it'll still be easy to dodge....
It might have some uses for edge-guarding, but other than that, not much else.

Zelda is actually one of the worst fighters in Brawl, since her approach options are very bad, and she's just too slow to offer much, if any pressure on her opponents. Also, Din's Fire is way too predictable, despite being executed faster than in Melee.

You might receive buffs in your attacks, but that does not equal a better placement in the competitive brackets if the game play elements are not in your favor.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

It might have some uses for edge-guarding, but other than that, not much else.
Din's Fire is a really situational move indeed, but it's not the only one in Smash.
Yes, I'm looking at you, PK Flash.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Glad I slept then. I need something that interests me for a change (besides yesterday's pic).

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Well, I got my hopes up WAAAYY too high. Glad I didn't stay up for that.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It's amazing because when the pic's late everyone's expecting something big, but when the pic's late it's ALWAYS something extremely boring and most of the times useless.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm pretty stoked about this PotD. Zelda was my secondary character in Melee and Din's Fire was something a lot of people didn't expect, it only ever lacked true power. Now it has that, I may go back to her...

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I knew it was too good to be true :/ Although I do like Din's Fire a lot.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer

I do have a life and I chose to spend it refreshing Sakurai's Miiverse profile while listening to Metroid Prime music, it wasn't that bad (yes it was)

juddy96

Smash Lord
And much like that night that we saw Fox actually kicking Samus instead of getting kicked, Sakurai decides to show another gameplay change as a late update. And while these gameplay change captions are appreciated, by the time the picture comes, most of us have lost our ****.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's amazing because when the pic's late everyone's expecting something big, but when the pic's late it's ALWAYS something extremely boring and most of the times useless.
In the Brawl days a late update usually did mean something big so it's largely because, as the saying goes, old habits die hard. I usually go to bed but I ended up waking up randomly so instead of just being like "hurr hurr, yur all dum" I decided to join in on the chaos for a change and, despite not being a big payout, it was still fun.

So, everybody's getting buffs. Seems to be a much different approach to development this time around than with Brawl.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Marth was a late reveal though. I do however agree that it's not worth getting hyped up over.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
I actually prefer these kinds of pics. But I suppose they aren't received so well here because most of you are casually players who would prefer a new item or stage hazard. Understandable.

Either way, should we expect Yoshi as much more likely this Friday now that there are no upcoming Pokemon release? Or maybe we'll get Jigglypuff for Trozei's EU release, haha. Sounds like something Sakurai would do, but I doubt it!

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
This picture is still interesting information, I'm probably not as disappointed as I generally look at the images when I get up in the morning before work, I like my sleep too much to stay up for these things anymore.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Every single time I stay up for the PotD, it's extremely late and not worth staying up late for.

Don't get me wrong, I love Zelda, and I'm glad she got a buff but I COULD'VE SLEPT FOR TWO AND A HALF MORE HOURS. Wait, never mind, I forgot my roommate was snoring like a beast.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sakurai said:
«Zelda's Din's Fire is now stronger in its core. The farther it's projected, the bigger and more powerful it will be, but you need to hit foes with the core if you want to make them fall.» 12.Mar.2014
Wow an upgrade to that attack

I guess the yoshi being revealed next rumor is safe

And if snake is revealed on the 20th he proved newcomers/certain veterans don't need to get revealed at events with trailers (if there isn't one on the 20th)

juddy96

Smash Lord
1 year anniversary of Game and Wario's release in Japan is coming up on March 28th. That's the only date Wario has anything to do with in the next couple months.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
1 year anniversary of Game and Wario's release in Japan is coming up on March 28th. That's the only date Wario has anything to do with in the next couple months.
couldn't he be revealed for Mario kart 8 he is in that as well.
Not compared to Hideo Kojima.
There both very big trolls probably y there such good friends.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I actually prefer these kinds of pics. But I suppose they aren't received so well here because most of you are casually players who would prefer a new item or stage hazard. Understandable.

Either way, should we expect Yoshi as much more likely this Friday now that there are no upcoming Pokemon release? Or maybe we'll get Jigglypuff for Trozei's EU release, haha. Sounds like something Sakurai would do, but I doubt it!
Define 'casual players'. It's kinda hard to do that, since there aren't just the 'Super-Hardcore players with no items and Fox only', and the 'Items on high, in silly stages' players. :/ I don't really see why 'casuals' wouldn't like this more than 'hardcore' ones.

---

I like this update, though Zelda isn't my favorite. At least she got some needed boost.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
couldn't he be revealed for Mario kart 8 he is in that as well.

There both very big trolls probably y there such good friends.
Well the metal gear 5 part 1 is coming out on the 20th of march in japan which is the 25th anniversary of metal gear solid so that's the only reason my gut feels this could save him from being kicked

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Well the metal gear 5 part 1 is coming out on the 20th of march in japan which is the 25th anniversary of metal gear solid so that's the only reason my gut feels this could save him from being kicked
True snake is hard one to see if he will be in game or not isn't there also different types of snake they could change it to can't say i keep up with the metal gear franchise.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
More like if he's actually in the new smash, he'll be confirmed around that time. MGS hasn't had any nintendo releases besides Snake Eater for the 3DS. Part of me thinks he'll stay in.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
More like if he's actually in the new smash, he'll be confirmed around that time. MGS hasn't had any nintendo releases besides Snake Eater for the 3DS. Part of me thinks he'll stay in.
I know of he's not revealed there its pretty much 75% sure hes toast if he's not confirmed that day

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I know of he's not revealed there its pretty much 75% sure hes toast if he's not confirmed that day
Precisely. This is the biggest MGS game release since MGS4. If he doesn't confirm Snake then, yeah he's most likely gone. This is of course assuming Sakurai continues to confirm veterans when the games they star in are released.

Staarih

Smash Master
Snake should get a Direct reveal like Sonic imo, so if one isn't announced I don't see him getting revealed. They might want to keep him behind the curtains for a while anyway because revealing him this month would pretty much promote Nintendo's competitors' game as it isn't for a Nintendo platform. I do personally think Snake would promote the game regardless of when he's revealed, but basically what I'm saying is that even if Snake doesn't get revealed this month he still has a shot of making it in. In my opinion at least.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Ooh nice, Zelda buffs, and I love Din's Fire (when it isn't spammed).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom