• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Hmm, what a rad week so far. Fat Mac trophy, 3DS Pokemon stage, Zelda buff... of course, that probably means tomorrows pic will be boring.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
I believe he was referring to the "Sakurai is dead" comment and the fake links.

Alright people, do you guys think Sakurai would delay the pic this much if it were a character? I know he did for Brawl, but has he done it recently?
Recently speaking, he delayed the picture of the finishing move a couple of hours. We waited all night to see Fox kick someone in the face. Nice mechanic, not worth the wait though. I honestly feel like he may be indecisive what to show off today. The last pic shown off was a big one, and many people are hyping this week up in terms of content.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yaay for Din's Fire buff. Considering how bad she was in Brawl, maybe she will break free of the Hyrule tier this time.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Hmm, what a rad week so far. Fat Mac trophy, 3DS Pokemon stage, Zelda buff... of course, that probably means tomorrows pic will be boring.
Nope. He's gonna make this week epic with an assist trophy on Thursday and Yoshi on Friday.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Din's fire is kind of a fun move to use, so I'm glad to see that it's stronger.

I wonder if Faroe's Wind will get any positive changes. It travels far, but is quite a ***** to control.

Sakurai is the god of trolling, what did you expect Paletuna?
I thought that was Hades.

----

Last edited:

peachy!

super princess
Not a bad post, but definitely not one worth waiting an extra hour for.

Wow, Sakurai. So troll. Much rude. Very disappoint.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Glad to see Din's Fire getting a buff.

The explosion looks pretty psychedelic though!

Staarih

Smash Master
Not a Pokemon picture but a nice one anyhow. I am very satisfied with this week so far. And with no character reveal today, the road is paved for Yoshi on Friday.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Is Toon Link yellow or is it just me...
I thought so at first too but I think it's just the crazy amount of bloom coming out of the Din's fire bleaching Toon Link Yellow. Which is a pretty nice graphical touch I suppose.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hate that I stayed up well past 4 AM... but I like this picture... Zelda's Side+B got a buff... she is one of my favorite characters in Smash.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I'm still not seeing how this is going to be a viable move in singles, but it was already pretty good in doubles and could be VERY good in doubles with an increased range and power. The comment is interesting too; it seems to suggest the move powers up the further it moves, and the last part about making them "fall" makes me wonder if the central hit is a meteor now. That would be interesting for sure though I'm not sure if that would actually be a better launch trajectory than the current one.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
And with this generic pic of the day finally posted, the numbers gradually die off, waiting to sprout again the next night.

Natural selection at work?

I kinda want Amazing Ampharos to post his words of wisdom regarding this change for Zelda.

Edit: HE POSTED IT A SECOND BEFORE ME. HOLY COW.

----

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
This is a pretty good update. I predicted a Zelda buff two days ago! Go past me...

I love Din's Fire spamming so this is pretty cool!

iLLuMinati_EYE

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai said:
«Zelda's Din's Fire is now stronger in its core. The farther it's projected, the bigger and more powerful it will be, but you need to hit foes with the core if you want to make them fall.» 12.Mar.2014

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm still not seeing how this is going to be a viable move in singles, but it was already pretty good in doubles and could be VERY good in doubles with an increased range and power. The comment is interesting too; it seems to suggest the move powers up the further it moves, and the last part about making them "fall" makes me wonder if the central hit is a meteor now. That would be interesting for sure though I'm not sure if that would actually be a better launch trajectory than the current one.
Well, there is use as an edgeguarding move. It's a lot bigger so maybe.

I was hoping for PM Din's Fire, but lets see where this goes.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
Her Din's Fire always increased in size, damage and knockback depending on distance travelled.

In terms of how it's now stronger in the core, does that mean it's weaker at the circumference?
If it now has to be sweetspotted, it'll be a serious nerf to an already terrible projectile.

Either way, Zelda doesn't need more kill potential. Her buffs should be implemented elsewhere.

Lovely to see more Zelda anyway.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
ok

okokok

I am so ****ing mad right now

no sakurai, the move did not need to be stronger

the move did not need to be bigger

It did not need to do more damage

It needed to not be channeled in a game where NO VIABLE CHARACTER HAS CHANNELED MOVES

eDIT: ****ing hell i am going to zelda final smash sakurai

Edit 2:

Me irl right now:

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I wake up an hour ago and the first thing I do is go to the official site to see the picture. I couldn't make out what it was and I wanted to see the caption so I come here to see 13 more pages. My first thought is "Wow whatever that pic is it has a lot of people talking" but no. It was late and as a result the majority of those 13 pages were people losing their minds @.@

Anyways, Zelda Din's Fire buff/change. The center is stronger and it becomes stronger the longer it's held. Sounds just like Brawls and maybe Melees as well. No mention of the outer hitbox so it could have been buffed, nerfed or unchanged. Actually, the last part makes it sound like a nerf. "...but you need to hit foes with the core if you want to make them fall." Fall can be interpreted as either a ko or a meteor/spike. If it's ko then that means that you need to hit with the sweet spot if you want to ko someone with it. If it's a meteor/spike then that's a completely new change to it. If it is a meteor/spike then it's more useful on off stage opponents, less useful on ones onstage, however I'm guessing 'fall' means ko.

Anyways, I like Zelda in Brawl and P:M so I'm happy with this update.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Can someone get the Japanese original? I'm sure we'll find out if fall was just another word for KO or not then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom