• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest TOs Banning Meta Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5569637

Yep, it has begun. I know this doesn't mean much to those not living in the Midwest, but I believe it is a sign of things to come.

If anyone is wondering, I'm pretty neutral on the whole "MK should be (banned/not banned)" subject.

Banning him would have a negative effect on me, due to me practicing mostly with MK since April; however, I also believe banning him will balance out the rest the Brawl metagame.

*Please keep all discussion about this IN THIS THREAD. I know they wouldn't want this to leak into theirs.

Discuss, intelligently please

-Affinity

M@v

Subarashii!
Mk is my second, but Im neutral on it as well. If he gets banned, I'll be like "Ok, I can't use him anymore. I got 4 other secondaries, no bid deal." If he doesn't, well he will remain my primary CP character in tournies.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
I think they should incorporate this into the elections somehow.

Brokaw: "Now Senator Obama, as a Snake main, you've been criticized with your support for a soft ban on Metaknight..."

Obama: "Well Tom, I'm glad you asked that question since my opponent mains Metaknight..."

McCain: "Cheap shot, Obama. Cheap shot. *insert bad joke*"

Levitas

the moon
Not all of us are. Vayseth is, but there's another tournament series going on in the same place w/ metaknight not banned. I'm certain of this, because I'm co-hosting it with scotu.

M@v

Subarashii!

Brokaw: "Now Senator Obama, as a Snake main, you've been criticized with your support for a soft ban on Metaknight..."

Obama: "Well Tom, I'm glad you asked that question since my opponent mains Metaknight..."

lol this wins :p

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I think it is interesting, and It will be interesting to see to what character the normal MKs go, and how diverse the results are.

Also, Is anyone else's quick reply box gone, along with smashboards being really, really slow?

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
i was'nt expecting a thread like that for the U.S. till next year. i feel the same as u affinity.

ADHD

Smash Hero
It's okay for the people who like to win down there there's still snake, I mean he takes at least some skill, right?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I didn't know there are many MKs in MW anyways. I thought everybody plays GaW there. I think a ban on the EC would have the most drastic effect...

...we'll see

The Director

Smash Lord
Ugh. This is just a phase. MK won't be banned in circuit events, so what's the point?

Did we ban Shiek and Fox in Melee? lol no so why ban MK?

M@v

Subarashii!
Ugh. This is just a phase. MK won't be banned in circuit events, so what's the point?

Did we ban Shiek and Fox in Melee? lol no so why ban MK?
sheik and fox had bad matchups (marth says hi), and they didn't dominate everyone. MK on the other hand....

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Pulling the Melee argument doesn't apply here. Even though Fox and Sheik were ridiculously broken, you were still seeing significant results out of Falco, and Marth as well. In Brawl's current state, it's MK first, everyone else far behind.

Honestly, I'm starting to become in favor of this ban. A few recent tournies and posts I've seen here are starting to convince me of it.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
The southwest has begun banning MK too

NM already did it. Colorado is about to do it, and AZ will too.
TX is doing a test run, while OK and UT are nowhere to be found.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wasn't that thread a joke thread? I thought it was due to Meta Knight not being unbeatable.

Nic64

Smash Lord
because a handicap will either make him as useless as a ban or not do nearly enough, a slight handicap can actually make him *better*

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
lol @ ppl using hobo as an example. Obviously me and Azen are going to do well as we as we are both top players (Azen used lucario the vast majority of the tourney, as well as 5 other characters, and he only used MK vs Lee since his lucario lost, but most top MKs such as me, Forte, Plank, InfernoOmni, and Stiltz, he did better with lucario than MK ditto, Lee was just an exception), and lee shouldn't have beaten hylian (I was watching the set). Bad example. I recall being the only good ranking MK at FAST1, and wasn't that a national tourney? I recall having to switch to DDD 3 or 4 times because my MK lost (vs afro thunder, hrnut, and reflex, and I stayed DDD the 2nd set vs reflex since my MK lost). Those were like the first times I used DDD all day, but it made me win those sets.

Staco

Smash Champion
lets make a protest and every mk player now plays snake for the future, lol
joking :p

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Next time M2k you'll be fighting my diddy, lol, why are johns so severe from the people at hobo, just get better, obviously M2k and Azen are better than you guys, so don't blame a character its the player, now stop b!tching and start practicing, work on your mind games and what not

Tenki

Smash Hero

I should sig this, just because.

Maybe.

Gindler

Smash Champion

Ha, political humor is on the smashboards now too? :psycho: funny still though

But yeah I'd miss MK too much if he was banned, I don't ever use him (unless I go random block and he comes up) but it's usually an enjoyable fight for me.

Maybe this is just like a melee low tier tournament. But since It's brawl and everyone is under the delusion that MK is in a tier far above the rest maybe it's like a brawl "not MK tier tournament"?

hurricaneap60

Smash Rookie
My main's (sheik/zelda) matchup vs MK sucks... and I don't really want him banned (although the probability of winning tournaments increases by about 30% at least >_>)
But that's the easy way out :p

brinboy789

Smash Champion
this is a midwest tourney ruleset:

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Starter Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island,
Counter Castle Siege, Delfino, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1, Brinstar, Corneria, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Norfair, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens,
Banned Everything else

it doesnt say anything about MK being banned, just his IDC glitch. ??????

Excellence

Smash Champion
I'm sure that Snake will return to the top spot on the Tier List in about three to four months. The reasons I believe Meta Knight is doing so well is because his metagame advanced so quickly and because his raw ability is quite high.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I'm sure that Snake will return to the top spot on the Tier List in about three to four months. The reasons I believe Meta Knight is doing so well is because his metagame advanced so quickly and because his raw ability is quite high.

Snake will *never* be the top spot on the tier list. He's got way more counters AND more neutrals than both MK and G&W. I can name you four Snake counters and a half dozen if not more neutral matchups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom