• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Circuit East (Standings before championships are complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Vayseth is just a bully. This is the MW, son. We spam all day cuz we got nothin' else to DO. </BigC with grammar check>

Delvro

Smash Ace
Well I'll be!

The UK tournament is done, had insane turnout, 78 (!!!) people

Tactical took my brackets, he said he'd post it later... so yeah...

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Well I'll be!

The UK tournament is done, had insane turnout, 78 (!!!) people

Tactical took my brackets, he said he'd post it later... so yeah...
He still hasnt yet =/..

Luckily we JUST finished the tourney before it was closing time for the student center. I had a blast. Top 3 was:

1st: Tactical (Lucario)
2nd: DraikRoan/Rowan (Peach)
3rd: Ian (ZSS)

Tactical

Banned via Warnings
I just got home, I sorry D:

Anyway,

1: Tactical (Lucario)
2: Rowan (Peach)
3: Ian (Zero-suit Samus)
4: Les (Metaknight)
5: Lucky (Ike)
6: Big Ben (Game and Watch)
7: Hilt (Olimar)
8: Ray (Rob)

I'm sad you weren't there Overswarm, I wanted to test my mettle against you :ohwell:

LinuXY

Smash Rookie
Good games all! That was some sick Peach playing Rowan. If someone gets up some match videos, let me know! Who all is going to the Oneness thing the 15th? (Ian)

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
Whoa, way to go Tactical. Looking forward to playing you over Thanksgiving if there's a tournament at S2D.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
since Joshu missed the first circuit event, it may be that we cannot win 1rst in doubles points unless Lain and Anther don't get 2nd!

Dun dun dun....

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Right now they have 120 and we have 100, I think.

The championships have like 1.5x the points or 2x the points... I can't remember which. Meaning we'd get 60 points for first and they'd get 45 for x1.5, and 80 points for first and they'd get 60 points for second for x2. 1.5 would equal 165 for them vs. 160 for us.... 2x would equal 180 for us and 180 for them... which would have to be settled somehow (if it's by win record, we know we got it there! HEYO!)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
we split the money if there was a tie before....idk how it will work now <_<.
Splitting would work, I guess. I'd rather just go by win/loss record or play another 3/5 for it since we have a 100% tourney victory over them, but that's just me. XD

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
do we have a set date or place for the next event? if not me, chewyy, legan, milk, and thinkaman could organize the next

Overswarm

is laughing at you
do we have a set date or place for the next event? if not me, chewyy, legan, milk, and thinkaman could organize the next
I'd suggest PMing Kel; we don't have anything guaranteed yet, so we'd need sometihng ASAP.

Tink

Smash Hero
well, i thought one of the main reason for the extra bonus money was trying to reward people for traveling and to give them more of an incentive for traveling <_<. so going on just win/loss records kinda lame <_<....i mean, you guys can for sure play for it i guess....its up to u guys.....idk.

Tink

Smash Hero
i think im tied with joel now in points =)....still in the top 3 yayuHZZZ!!

edit: double post ftwww.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
i think im tied with joel now in points =)....still in the top 3 yayuHZZZ!!

edit: double post ftwww.
You definitely need to show to the champs. If you get a high placement you'll stay in the top 3 for surezies.

Vayseth

Smash Master
This circuit has been messed up if Tink is still in top 3 and he's only been to 2 events. He was a surprise at viperboy's for one, and now we've had surprises all over. I think WTON was the only one that went basically how everyone thought it was going to go.

lain

Smash Master
lol.

It wouldn't be fair. We'd have to split it, since we did place 2nd consistently, while you and joshu placed 3rd at rofa's circuit your first time teaming when we 3-0'ed you.

Of course, we're going to beat you guys and settle any doubts at the champs lol

Overswarm

is laughing at you
lol.

It wouldn't be fair. We'd have to split it, since we did place 2nd consistently, while you and joshu placed 3rd at rofa's circuit your first time teaming when we 3-0'ed you.

Of course, we're going to beat you guys and settle any doubts at the champs lol
Or, you'll get knocked out by a different team and then Joshu and I will win and be like BOOM baby.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Anther never had to try before. I charge him $5 per match loss now and he hasn't lost a single match in a tournament since then. This was a bad economic investment for me.

Kel

Smash Master
I'm very sorry I haven't updated the points yet. I'll be doing it shortly.

As far as ties are concerned: I believe it would be most fair to add up the auxiliary prize money for the places that tied, and divide by the placers.

Example: OS + Joshu and Anther + Lain tie for first. First place auxiliary prize is 100$ and 2nd place is 50$ (completely hypothetical). 100+50 = 150. 150/4 =37.5$ per person. (75$ per team instead of 100 or 50).

Are there any objections to this method for ties?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Question:

Let's say, hypothetically, that two teams are giong to be tied if they get their standard placing. Now let's say, hypothetically, that the team that would tie if they got 2nd goes to the loser's bracket. Hypothetically speaking, if the other team in the winner's bracket can only TIE if they get first and the other team gets second, would there be any sort of penalty for going double jigglypuff and losing a set, going to the loser's bracket, then knocking out Lain and Anther and then winning the tournament, thus getting 1rst place points and forcing them into 2nd place?

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Sounds plausible, with the risk being that you lose to them and force yourselves into 2nd place instead...

Vayseth

Smash Master
question:

Let's Say, Hypothetically, That Two Teams Are Giong To Be Tied If They Get Their Standard Placing. Now Let's Say, Hypothetically, That The Team That Would Tie If They Got 2nd Goes To The Loser's Bracket. Hypothetically Speaking, If The Other Team In The Winner's Bracket Can Only Tie If They Get First And The Other Team Gets Second, Would There Be Any Sort Of Penalty For Going Double Jigglypuff And Losing A Set, Going To The Loser's Bracket, Then Knocking Out Lain And Anther And Then Winning The Tournament, Thus Getting 1rst Place Points And Forcing Them Into 2nd Place?
Dooooo It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom