• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Circuit East (Standings before championships are complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kel

Smash Master
Sorry guys, Hurricane Ike rocked Cincinnati and 800,000 customers are without power. I have power but I don't have access to internet. I just randomly happened across the Wi-Fi I'm using right now.

I'l have circuit points updated as soon as my internet is back up and running.

As for October, Joe and Vidjo have expressed interest in holding a circuit event in the Cleveland area. I'm cool with this, but I wanted to make sure that our farther West loyals would still be able to make it. It's looking like this Mentor on the Lake tournament would be good, but I have to double check with Joe and all. So, Western people, how do you feel about Cleveland?

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I was ready to go to WG's tournament when it was in Cleveland, I'll be ready for this one (pending date, money, and school)

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
St. Louis is still interested in hosting at some point. Max travel times, rounded up:

Springfield: 2 hours
Indianapolis: 4 hours
Kansas City: 4 hours
Louisville: 4 hours
Memphis: 4 hours
Chicago: 5 hours
Nashville: 5 hours
Cincinnati: 5.5 hours
South Bend: 6 hours
Omaha: 6 hours
Milwaukee: 6 hours
Columbus: 6.5 hours
Ann Arbor: 8 hours
Cleveland: 9 hours

That's a vague idea of what we're up against.

St. Louis disowns the Midwest West and joins the Midwest East.

lain

Smash Master
That reminds me, abba-zabas are DELICIOUS.

Also MI definitely can't come for this if it's 8 hours away.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Yeah... even though we drove the 11 hour haul between MI and KY, so I wanna say no johns. That was just us being stupid though.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Dude, St. Louis be all about putting our hands up for Detroit.

...wait, am I still awake?

Kel

Smash Master
Wow, the EC is closer than St Louis for a lot of people.

Thinkaman, it's great that you want to hold a tournament, but this is why the Circuit was divided in the first place. The Melee circuit had this problem when tournaments were too far away from the central states, so we divided the Brawl circuit in two.

I'd love to go to a tournament that you hold, especially if it gets a lot of people. I've been to St. Louis before for a smash tournament so I'd have no problem going again. But it can't be a circuit event for East. VB's tournament had so few people that it'd be hard to justify going farther West.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Not to be a smart *** or anything, but you guys complain a lot...

But gas and number of attendees does matter...

lain

Smash Master
Ok guys, so I think I can confirm a venue here at my college for a circuit event if need be.

ehh?

chewyy

Smash Ace
If Springfield hosted one, that would cut out around an hour or so for some people.
IDK, if you guys would be up for coming down for one though...

times!
format! (city):(hours):(minutes)

Springfield: 0:00 - I'm already there!
St. Louis: 1:41
Chicago: 3:25
Indianapolis: 3:28
Milwaukee: 4:41
South Bend: 4:24
Cincinnati: 5:03
Louisville: 5:04
Kansas City: 5:15
Memphis: 5:48
Nashville: 6:09
Columbus: 6:10
Ann Arbor: 6:35
Omaha: 7:12
Cleveland: 8:14

all courtesy of google maps

nojoes

Smash Ace
Kel shoot me a PM so we can talk about hosting a circuit event up here, I want to shoot for November so we can use Lain's venue for October if he can host.

Kel

Smash Master
that sounds good Joe

Attention Midwest:
I am currently updating teams points, singles are done. The results from each tournament are posted on the first page on my second post. I know more people entered MSOP, so the points list is incomplete If you have any information regarding placements with MSOP, or if you see anything inconsistent (points tallied, names appearing twice) PLEASE tell me.

I'm very sorry it took this long to update the points. Thanks for your patience. I hope everyone is enjoying the circuit and will continue to go to future events. I still think the MW is going to be a powerhouse in Brawl!

wangston

Smash Lord
I know the guys in Louisville are trying to see if they can get a regional tournament together. Is there anyway that they can host a tourney for the circuit in October? They have their weekly that gets around 20 people a week but I know some of them want a regional tourney because all the other ones were to far away to make a trip and they want a big tourney. They already have a venue that can host it so thats no big deal. So is there still a chance that Louisville can host a regional tournament for the circuit?

Vayseth

Smash Master
Yeah, it might be at nojoes, or it might be with lain, but since lain doesn't have a phone anymore, I'm not so sure what's going to happen.

Kel

Smash Master
a couple problems with Nojoes:
1) season's beatings and Area 51 are both this weekend
2) it's only 3 weeks away.

I'd love for Joe to host one, but this weekend may not be the best time.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
a couple problems with Nojoes:
1) season's beatings and Area 51 are both this weekend
2) it's only 3 weeks away.

I'd love for Joe to host one, but this weekend may not be the best time.
1) I don't understand what the heck those things are. Are they TV shows or something?
2) I don't understand the logic behind this statement. There are 4 weeks in a month. 3 weeks is almost at the end of October. The saturday after the 25th is November 1st. Are you expecting October's circuit event to not be in October?

lain

Smash Master
Okay guys, so here's the scoop:

The lecture halls here are the biggest for a circuit event, but we'll probably have to get 2 classrooms next to each other to accommodate ~50 people.

Sleeping will have to occur at everyone else's houses who live in the area. There is no venue fee for this place so that money can go towards maybe a hotel, and you can get discounts at the hotels/motels around the area since it's a big group/meeting thing. So I'll check into that and see.

We can get all that tables and chairs we need, and I'm pretty sure we actually won't need anyone's tv either since the school can provide them all. And a projector too! :D

So basically, October or November will work.

I only have a problem with mine being in Octobor because it's such short notice, so people may not come :(

Kel

Smash Master
Yeah Lain, that sounds awesome. Let's aim for November! Housing is always an issue :(

Kyari; he changed the date to a week later than what it was originally.
Season's beatings is a big fighting game tournament held in columbus that has some of the best players of MVC2, SF, Etc. attending. I know the guy running it from my DDR days. There's going to be both Melee and Brawl here.

Area 51 is Darkrain's HUGE Melee tournament. There are some people that still play both games, so I wouldn't want to make someone miss a circuit event simply because they play both games. I wouldn't want to take numbers away from Darkrain, and I wouldn't want Darkrain taking them from me either.

lain

Smash Master
What date should I aim for? The 15th-16th, or the 22nd-23rd?

That's assuming people want it to be a Sat-Sun thing, and not a Fri-Sat thing.

Regardless, I'll make a thread in the next day or two once I get all the info.

Edit:

WTH. I SHOULD HAVE 22 POINTS.

Vayseth

Smash Master
It's definitely more important to have it Fri-Sat. With school, we can't have people coming back super late on Sunday due to classes being on Monday. Do Fri-Sat like the usual.

We got a thread for your tournament yet lain? Do you need help with this?

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, "****ING CALL ME, LAIN!"

Cups

Smash Ace
Our Kansas City tourney is called Event 52, not Area 51, just so you guys know what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom