• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Circuit East (Standings before championships are complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
you uhh... did that once. if i recall, we 3-0'ed you guys at rofa's circuit as well.

don't talk **** when you can't back it up.

:D
Tournament we lose: OS uses predominately ROB

Tournament(s) we win: OS uses non-stop Metaknight

Games we lose in tournament with OS playing MK: Joshu's awesome leaks out so much that his f-smash sucks me in and it's 3 v 1 to give you guys a fighting chance

RAR RAARARARARARARAR

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Overswarm's sig said:
- I used Dedede and Snake against Kai and this was before I mained MK, or even used him.
lol. just lol.

..hay guyz wutz goin on in dis thread >_>

Vayseth

Smash Master
For those hosting circuit championships: I strongly advise whoever is responsible for that event to make a thread and claim a different date other than December 13th, seeing as my tournament is on the same day. This is the last tournament for me, since I'm graduating and going off into the world and since this is the only weekend I can do it, I would hate for those responsible to ruin my last tournament by forcing my friends to chose between circuit points and seeing me at a tournament. Please be advised: DO NOT PUT THE CHAMPIONSHIPS ON THE 13TH.

Thank you.

P.S.- If you guys still haven't figured it out in the near future, we can hold it at my event. The only issue being no overnight housing.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
For those hosting circuit championships: I strongly advise whoever is responsible for that event to make a thread and claim a different date other than December 13th, seeing as my tournament is on the same day. This is the last tournament for me, since I'm graduating and going off to college and since this is the only weekend I can do it, I would hate for those responsible to ruin my last tournament by forcing my friends to chose between circuit points and seeing me at a tournament. Please be advised: DO NOT PUT THE CHAMPIONSHIPS ON THE 13TH.

Thank you.

P.S.- If you guys still haven't figured it out in the near future, we can hold it at my event. The only issue being no overnight housing.
Might be the case that we have to hold it on the 13th. We're looking for venues at the moment, and the 13th is the best date by far. 20th is a possibility though.

Vayseth

Smash Master
You shouldn't do that. Plus it's the circuit championships, so this stuff should have been planned ages ago. What's taking so long? You can just have it at my event and solve both problems: venue + date that works for everyone + I get numbers bigger than circuit events so HUGE cash money flow.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You shouldn't do that. Plus it's the circuit championships, so this stuff should have been planned ages ago. What's taking so long? You can just have it at my event and solve both problems: venue + date that works for everyone + I get numbers bigger than circuit events so HUGE cash money flow.
Venues around here cost, oh, $700 on average. So we have to look elsewhere.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I agree with the ages ago thing but we have to do with what we can. I was contacted about this at the end of October in order to see if I could help out, I said I'd try and now I've become GUNPUNCH's PR/venue scout.

But, you want to know what's taking so long?

Fine.

I'm busting my @$$ over junior year in high school, that's what's taking so long.

You guys have school johns, I have school johns. A lot of people will say "lol hs is nothing compared to college". Going to the two-years-ago 34th (now 57th) best HS in the nation, maintaining a 4.0 GPA, taking three AP courses (our school has ridiculously good AP averages, well above national average in multiple cases for subjects like US History, English 11+12 AP, Psych AP, Macro/Micro Economics AP), having ACT + SATs coming up, hard-@$$ finals to study for...I have so much bs on my plate that I only get about 30 minutes TOPS per day to look and ask venues stuff.

Consider that if we were to go for the optimal venue it would be about 700 dollars on December 20th. That's a boatload of money, especially if people flop out - this would be a one day event, so making it Melee as well wouldn't alleviate ANY of my problems. I only JUST started considering the church option after wracking my brains - call it obvious but I have had bad experience with religion in general so I'm not very inclined to look into those places.

I have until Tuesday, I'm pretty sure. If I cannot get it by Tuesday, then the MWCEast hosting is now free from the reigns of Cincinnati.

I will accept all responsibility for any "lack of preparation" johns on the parts of all possible participants in championships.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I agree with the ages ago thing but we have to do with what we can. I was contacted about this at the end of October in order to see if I could help out, I said I'd try and now I've become GUNPUNCH's PR/venue scout.

But, you want to know what's taking so long?

Fine.

I'm busting my @$$ over junior year in high school, that's what's taking so long.

You guys have school johns, I have school johns. A lot of people will say "lol hs is nothing compared to college". Going to the two-years-ago 37th best HS in the nation, maintaining a 4.0 GPA, running three AP courses, having ACT + SATs coming up, hard-@$$ finals to study for...I have so much bs on my plate that I only get about 30 minutes TOPS per day to look and ask venues stuff.

Consider that if we were to go for the optimal venue it would be about 700 dollars on December 20th. That's a boatload of money, especially if people flop out - this would be a one day event, so making it Melee as well wouldn't alleviate ANY of my problems. I only JUST started considering the church option after wracking my brains - call it obvious but I have had bad experience with religion in general so I'm not very inclined to look into those places.

I have until Tuesday, I'm pretty sure. If I cannot get it by Tuesday, then the MWCEast hosting is now free from the reigns of Cincinnati.

I will accept all responsibility for any "lack of preparation" johns on the parts of all possible participants in championships.
Why are you working so hard? Blood Hawk has access to the venue we used for WTON, I have a venue here and a date set. Cinci is a really long drive for most people in the points and it's going to already be on short notice by this point. I mean, for Ann Arbor people it doesn't matter since Dastrn's venue and Cinci are both like 3 hours away but it makes the most sense to have it in Ann Arbor, because we're guaranteed to get the best turnout.

Tink

Smash Hero
what about the Indiana venue hmmmm? did that suddenly drop out or something? cause that was by far the best venue for cost yet.

edit: i thought IN got the best turnout for circuit events? was i wrong and Mi went over 40? cause i thought that wasnt the case <_<.

edit#2- im not just pulling for the IN venue cause im close either...its takes me 2 and a half hours to get there...just a good venue.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Given it is Vay Vay's last tourney. I'd really like to see him one last time.

As far as having the MWC finals in IN, I still have to talk to Dastrn about the venue, but I'm sure he could set me up to meet with the person who owns the property. So I can work on that if you guys really want to have the circuit at a more centralized point. Even if that falls through, I know of some more possible venues. Just keep me posted on what is going on.

Vayseth

Smash Master
what about the Indiana venue hmmmm? did that suddenly drop out or something? cause that was by far the best venue for cost yet.

edit: i thought IN got the best turnout for circuit events? was i wrong and Mi went over 40? cause i thought that wasnt the case <_<.

edit#2- im not just pulling for the IN venue cause im close either...its takes me 2 and a half hours to get there...just a good venue.
We got 75 people entered into Rofa's/My event but it ran WAY over because we did doubles pools and had no one used to the stage strike system which also took forever, leading to a 4 am finish when most people had to leave around midnight so we didn't get as many people entered as they should have. But yeah, Ann Arbor is pretty close to the air port, which is better for Out of Staters traveling long distances.

I'm find with making my event a circuit event or going back to IN. Both are perfectly acceptable. If we want to advertise this to like east coast and etc we'll prolly need to stick with Ann Arbor since we'll get a better turnout since we'll get random people from the store wanting to enter.

Instead of doing doubles pools we can just seed using the current standings followed by random numbers out of a hat or something similar.

Vayseth

Smash Master
i john on dsf for the high attendance at that event :p.
Or the efforts of me and Rofa advertising the hell out of it. No one knew DSF was coming until the week of, and even then it's not like people were there FOR DSF. They were there to play.

Tink

Smash Hero
rofllll....a week before? i thought rofa was saying dsf was coming a long time before a week when he was in cali.....my memories not what it used to be <_<....not trying to throw hate anywhere or anything.... but buying your tickets officially, and stating your coming are 2 diff things. i know the onlyyyy reason i considered going to that WAS because dsf was going to go. i guess i couldve just been me feeling that -_-.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Ooooo, yeah. It wasn't confirmed until like a week before. Rofa and I thought that DSF coming could either bring a lot of people or hurt attendance big time. Luckily, it either didn't effect anything or helped.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Blood hawk, talk to Dastrn. That'd be the best venue, with the whole overnight housing in the venue thing.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It's snowing like crazy here, so we might want to move the event up a week to the 6th.
Unlikely. This is another reason having it down in cincinnati would be better, it rarely snows much down here >_>

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
Why don't you guys just give the money to Anther now? He's basically got a lock on both singles and doubles pots. I mean if he actually shows up to the event, it's almost definetly his.

Kel

Smash Master
BloodHawk, if you can get Dastrn's venue, that would be AWESOME. It's a great venue and pretty central.

We're still looking around in Cincy.

We MAY have to wait until Spring if something doesn't get arranged soon. Hopefully not, but it is an option.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Why don't you guys just give the money to Anther now? He's basically got a lock on both singles and doubles pots. I mean if he actually shows up to the event, it's almost definetly his.
You sir, are a fool and can't do math.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Haha, this is the last event correct? If my understanding of the scoring system is correct as long as Anther places top four in both tourneys, and history shows he has an excellent chance of doing so. He will win both singles and doubles, no?
Double points for champs.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
Double points for champs.
That would explain the difference between me being "A fool who can't do math", and me double checking my math and it turning out to be right.

Edit: Why double points for the last event? Couldn't that really mess the results? I mean I know it's more exciting, just wondering.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That would explain the difference between me being "A fool who can't do math", and me double checking my math and it turning out to be right.

Edit: Why double points for the last event? Couldn't that really mess the results? I mean I know it's more exciting, just wondering.
Excitement is a big factor, but so is making sure every single player goes there. It also helps create clear distinctions between good and bad players/teams because the stakes are raised and everyone knows it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Gotcha. Working on it.

Edit: Just got my PM back from Dastrn. Looking very good and I should be able to score the venue pretty cheaply. More details as I get them.
If you need any help running this, just let me know and I'll hlep you out. If Vayseth is able to make it I'm usre he can lend his expertise and no-***-hattery-allowed aura.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I'll be there as long as I have a ride and if it is not on the 13th. If it MUST be on the 13th, I will simply move my event to the 6th or cancel it. I don't think I can do the 20th.

Let me clarify:

I will run my event on either the 6th, 13th, or the 20th. I just got this all okayed. You have to let me know SOON when I am going to. I have an event in Chicago on the 20th that I would like to go to so the 6th or 13th would be best for the Championships and I'll have my event on the opposite day.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'll be there as long as I have a ride and if it is not on the 13th. If it MUST be on the 13th, I will simply move my event to the 6th or cancel it. I don't think I can do the 20th.

Let me clarify:

I will run my event on either the 6th, 13th, or the 20th. I just got this all okayed. You have to let me know SOON when I am going to. I have an event in Chicago on the 20th that I would like to go to so the 6th or 13th would be best for the Championships and I'll have my event on the opposite day.
6th is a Louisville tournament I think

Vayseth

Smash Master
20th I heard is also Niko_K's Canada tournament, and I think I'm going to that over Chicago.

Therefore, blood hawk: Hook it up for the 13th and I'll change mine to the 6th. I'm only changing it once you have confirmation that you can hold it on the 13th.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Between Fort Wayne and South Bend, right off US-30, if that helps position it any.

Maybe not, since "outside Warsaw" is pretty specific and you can always look at a map. I just wanted to post here again. :[ It's about the same distance for me as Ann Arbor is. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom