• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Circuit East (Standings before championships are complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
ouch....so how far away from louisville will this be? and how long do circuts last?
circuit events are generally all day things. We try to end as early as possible so we can drive back home awake! We come up on Friday and spend the night at the venue (a good decision, trust me).

If you guys wanted to stay at my apartment at NKU after the tournament so you didn't have to drive all the way down to Louisville, that'd be fine by me.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I bet Vayseth would be pleased with that "best fighting game on the Wii!" Naruto ad that's currently on my page.

nojoes

Smash Ace
Cincy look for a venue for the circuit event if you want it on the 20th because there's no way my tournament can go on that date. Unless we can agree on a different date somehow?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry for holding ya'll up. I'll put some energy into scoring my venue for Blood_Hawk to run the tournament. Wish I could be there!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS and Joshu get 1rst seed at champs because I have points with Dr.X

yeahyuhzzzzzzzzzzzz

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
One point behind my own teammate? Blasphemy.

But being a good 8 points above Lain makes sense.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I'm going to start looking for venues just as a "fail-safe" in case Hawk's stuff falls through. (Knowing both him and Dastrn, it sounds like it won't). I am going to try to get the FC church back, I think I can change some minds, and these venues will be searched all within South Bend.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I talked to the guy who runs my venue. They have an event on the 13th already. He said the 6th and the 20th both work.

Since the 6th is THIS WEEK, that is too soon. What's the other event on the 20th? is it too big to move to another date?

Also, would anyone really want to travel on the weekend before christmas for smash instead of just going to see family?

It might be a good idea to push the championships back to early january. I could lock a date in for my venue in that time frame if ya'll want.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
20th works, that was the original date.

Travel to see family? Most schools are getting out then, so it'd be just going there to play with no college worries ^_^

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I kind of agree with Dastrn as it being the weekend before Christmas, it would probably deplete me of some Xmas money. Nice thing, however, is that it is only an hour away. But, I already have family party on 20th... boo...

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not there, so it doesn't matter to me, but it just seems like 4-5 days before christmas means you'll lose a handful of people who would LOVE to be there for the finals because of holiday traveling. Seems too close to the biggest holiday there is to expect that everyone can make it.

Just my thought though. Maybe it just happens that everyone can make it.

It'd be best to make a decision by this thursday so I can make sure to lock in that venue on the 20th. It'd be a shame to wait too long and someone else might book the venue at any time.

Also, it would be pretty essential to the deal that whoever was going to run this was committed to cleaning up retardedly well. I always worked my *** off for most of the day keeping the mess manageable so that it wasn't overwhelming at 2am when everyone leaves. If ya'll can plan on having 3-4 people to be committed to taking the trash out all day, wiping down the bathrooms and whatnot.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Not like I was in the running for anything, but I've already got other plans for the 20th so it's no good for me. -_---------------------- I'm guessing it'll probably the last good event the Midwest is gonna see before big Winter weather hits, so I'd be disappointed to miss it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm not there, so it doesn't matter to me, but it just seems like 4-5 days before christmas means you'll lose a handful of people who would LOVE to be there for the finals because of holiday traveling. Seems too close to the biggest holiday there is to expect that everyone can make it.

Just my thought though. Maybe it just happens that everyone can make it.

It'd be best to make a decision by this thursday so I can make sure to lock in that venue on the 20th. It'd be a shame to wait too long and someone else might book the venue at any time.

Also, it would be pretty essential to the deal that whoever was going to run this was committed to cleaning up retardedly well. I always worked my *** off for most of the day keeping the mess manageable so that it wasn't overwhelming at 2am when everyone leaves. If ya'll can plan on having 3-4 people to be committed to taking the trash out all day, wiping down the bathrooms and whatnot.
All of cincinnati would prolly help clean

I'd rather not have the finals in, ya know, March, because then it'd be a different game completely by then.

Tink

Smash Hero
heh, 5 days before christmas is too close? thats almost a week <_<. btw, ill most likley be coming to the championships since im still somehow tied for 2nd in points....how is it working out for the bonus? also, do we even have like, any bonus money to give out?

Tink

Smash Hero
so are you still planning to do whatever we did last year with it? on the split wise(dont rem what it was)? also, does anyone have an actual number on how much there is? cause i know vipers tourny didnt even give anything. atleast, i didnt think it did.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Kel's got all the moolah, and we still collect from the champs... which give double points

If two people / teams tie, they split the money 50/50

Kel

Smash Master
I'm scared of the 20th and holiday travel. It's also VERY soon.

Would people rather wait until MLK weekend where they have that Monday off of school? It might work out better. But if most people are cool with the 20th, I am too.

PANDA! MAKE A POLL! Either December 20th or January 15th (or whenever that weekend is)

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
I don't care what date it is. I can run it either of those dates. I will need someone with a laptop and Tio though. Am I right in assuming that Cincy would like to help run it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom