• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Circuit East (Standings before championships are complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kel

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm against communism.

OS, I really disagree with the "it's MY event" attitude when you're looking to include an entire region. It's completely understandable that others want in the mix now. I just want it to be known that I DID ASK IF ANYONE WANTED TO HELP AND NO ONE STEPPED UP TO THE PLATE. I'm VERY, VERY grateful to the TOs that helped me and, ultimately, made the circuit a success though (you guys rock).
I'm glad that others want in, but I don't believe it should be 'one person's circuit'. I'm sorry that the first circuit was shaky. My original plan was to post about it in Spring of 08, prepare the events to start in summer, and have the first circuit in September or October. Instead, everyone wanted it to start in the Summer. I acknowledged that events weren't set in stone (as they should be), so things were going to be shaky and on-the-fly. I'm sorry for any uncertainty, but I am only one person, and this was my first time with this sort of thing.
Those things being said. I don't think it should be SP, or OS by themselves. I think having BOTH of them would be a great idea though! I'd definitely nominate SP (and or Vayseth) to rep MI in a new circuit. This is why we should have two persons per state. Either way though, you don't want this to be one person's circuit. Not because of any burden, or anything like that, but because the purpose of the circuit is to bring our region together, get us up to speed competitively, and above all- have tons of fun.

Even if I'm not here for any future 09 circuit events, I'd still love to help and lend any advice I can.

SP, OS, Vayseth, BloodHawk, BlueBlade, the Iliinois area guys/ chewey's crew, maybe even nojoes would be good candidates.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I agree with Kel's idea =)
It seems logical to have 1+ representatives from each state running the circuit.
Maybe this will entice players farther west like Kansas =D Who knows?
Anyways...I'd nominate nojoes for Ohio, possibly myself too since I'm trying to get a hold of a venue for our March opener =)

Vayseth

Smash Master
If we look at the regions themselves..

MI crew
Cleavland OH (nojoes, kingyoshi, all those guys)
Cincinnati OH
Chicago IL
Places, IN (BH, BigC, TBB)
Springfield, IL (Ripple, Chewwy)
Kansas

Those are all the regions that have been getting consistent groups joining events. We might want reps from each state, but note that regions like the ones in OH are big enough to warrant 2 from each group.

In case you're all unfamiliar, we (some of us) are already working behind the scenes on this as we speak. OS is doing a great job and really trying to make sure this season is organized and all laid out beforehand. Don't you all dare crucify him without knowing how much effort he's putting into it already. The man is organized, responsible, and unlike almost every crew in here, Cincinnati is the one who stays back to help all the TOs clean up the ungodly messes people like to leave at venues post-tournaments. Overswarm deserves respect in all areas except his opinions on the rule set, which I will fight with him to the death on.

OS is doing a good job already, but I think having representatives from each area is a good idea. Oh wait, WE'VE ALREADY DONE THAT. OS might be the "leader" but trust me, we're all talking about it and getting things done as a group. In case ya'll were wondering, it is me and SamuraiPanda back there for MI.

You're in good hands.

Zjiin

Smash Master
You can contact Dark Kakashi for a Chicago Brawl TO. He has good connections with a good venue and gets a very decent turnout for each one.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I honestly don't know what the bickering is about.

Whoever is going to hold a tournament this year, go talk to each other, figure out if you want to link all your tournaments together, and then create a ruleset/rules for the circuit. Each person who is holding a tournament are the people that vote. Simple.

This is the advice I literally told OmegaWhiteMage(or was it Black mage?) when he asked me how he could create an EC circuit. I said it was simple, figure out who was going to hold tournaments, talk to them about if they wanted to be a part of a circuit, and then call all their tournaments as part of a circuit instead of as individual events.

It makes no sense to have a random authority who isn't actually holding an event to be the person in charge of the events that are being held. If you are the person holding an event, then you have a say, or if you are the person who is getting all the tournament organizers to work together, I guess you would also have a say.

Off the top of my head events that could happen:
MI event (Ann Arbor run by Vayseth)
OH event (Cincinatii run by Doctor X)
IN event (MWC Champ venue)

Bam, three events just like that.

Vayseth

Smash Master
You can contact Dark Kakashi for a Chicago Brawl TO. He has good connections with a good venue and gets a very decent turnout for each one.
I am a TO of those events and I can tell you he's right. Dark kakashi has a 1-per-month circuit event planned already so he can possibly do may if we contact him and let him know that we just want to do brawl (and naruto of course! =D). DK likes to run multiple events at once and I need to make sure priorities are given to brawl at DK's possible circuit because we need all the time in the world to ensure that there are pools and everything is the same. DK will almost definitely want Naruto to be run as well though.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I've learned from experience it is important to have one person who is leading the group and not have a community-led organization. The latter ends up being one guy anyway until there's an issue, and then everyone flips out. This way, if everyone flips out I'll point to myself and say "is vetoing your idea".

I'm more concerned with actually having a circuit that is run well and doesn't have issues rather than making everyone happy. TOs will still have choices, people will still be helping me come up with answers, but if I'm going to put the time into this to run it... I'm going to have the authority to say "no u" when I want to move on. Don't attend if you don't want to, but chances are you'll be pleasantly surprised at the circuit if you do.

lain

Smash Master
I'd like Panda to do it, but in all honesty I agree with Alphazealot. We can appoint someone to add up all the points and hold onto the money (someone that would go to EVERY tournament obv.), and then just have a connection of tournaments setup. There's not really a whole lot of work involved with "running" the circuit. No offense to Kel of course, I thank him for doing all the points and keeping the money safe and all.

But yeah.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Me, I don't really care who runs it. I only asked because I was afraid there'd be nobody stepping up to do it. The controversy could be seen as a good thing, because that means people actually care enough to argue... unlike last time.

Sliq

Smash Master
Dont let Gunpunch run your circuit......

thats all i have to say on this matter.
It should be noted I did absolutely nothing to help with the Circuit, and I have no idea how much OS helped.

Kel did most of the work. Also, it's not like our crew is trying to monopolize the circuit, considering it isn't a FUCKING PAID POSITION.

Kel put in his own time and money to make this happen, and really didn't get anything out of it, so don't go acting like we landed ourselves a sweet deal and we want to hang on to it.

Tink

Smash Hero
ya, were not saying kel wasnt the MAN for stepping it up and going, but its not like, nobody else had to pay to travel 3 hours+ to all these events <_<....and to just shun the people that make the circuit so great is ********.

OS, see, now i can get behind that reasoning, as long as it isnt "yo, im taking over, thats how its gonna be, tough skittles if you dont like it".just gotta play more to the people sometimes <_<.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
ya, were not saying kel wasnt the MAN for stepping it up and going, but its not like, nobody else had to pay to travel 3 hours+ to all these events <_<....and to just shun the people that make the circuit so great is ********.

OS, see, now i can get behind that reasoning, as long as it isnt "yo, im taking over, thats how its gonna be, tough skittles if you dont like it".just gotta play more to the people sometimes <_<.
I'll play to the people when I'm apologizing for doing something wrong. If someone, or a large group of people, happens to have a sense of entitlement and a fear gripping their hearts that "their circuit" (fun fact: the people complaining didn't ****ing go to all the circuit events) will be "ruined" and demand to have (player) and (player) be on a (type of organization) when I already have a group being built of people that I know to be helpful... well, they can eat dirt and drown in their tears for all I care. I'm not a politician. I'm a guy who gets things done, and that includes making sure everything is organized well in advance, the money is safe, and no stupid crap like a TO suddenly deciding to ban planking or D3's infinite happens. You get what is on the table, and I'm not gonna pull the rug out from under you.

If you don't like it, don't come.

If the TOs don't like it, they can tell me. In our private group. That some of them are already a part of.

-_-;;

edit:

Also, after directly seeding brackets via points when necessary, getting crap organized, and helping Kel out in various ways throughout all this I think I may just have an idea of what needs to be done... so I don't think you have much to worry about.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I'm glad that a couple of stoners from MI can put me in my place. You guys are cool.
What does that have to do with anything?

Basically you did a ****ty job keeping track and records of the money and there were WAY to many ****ing shenanigans dealing with the championships... so I say instead of letting you say "oh, well we'll do better next time", in hopes that MAYBE you'll do it better next time, we should just let Panda lead it... he actually listens to what the mass of people say and won't **** up the money... and going back to your completely irrelevant line about stoners, he doesn't smoke...

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
What does that have to do with anything?

Basically you did a ****ty job keeping track and records of the money and there were WAY to many ****ing shenanigans dealing with the championships... so I say instead of letting you say "oh, well we'll do better next time", in hopes that MAYBE you'll do it better next time, we should just let Panda lead it... he actually listens to what the mass of people say and won't **** up the money... and going back to your completely irrelevant line about stoners, he doesn't smoke...
no u!

that is all

Tink

Smash Hero
rofll...well then...im sure with those to last posts from kel/OS that things will work themselves out for a new circuit(not OS's <_< ).

GL with yours OS, i suggest calling it something like, the Douche bag circuit....seems to fit just right.

Kel

Smash Master
Lain and NOJ smoke marijuana all the time. A lot. Even in places they aren't supposed to. You know, like, communal church areas that Dastrnn is putting his neck on the line for that he asked people to be responsible at.

I thought the venue fee had already been taken out of the pot when I made the doubles pay out pots. Blueblade accidently mixed in the venues with the doubles pot, so I had two choices; recall the correct percentages from the doubles winners, or have a really low pot for singles. I chose the correct option.

I have the list of money obtained from each event (singles and doubles) along with the signatures of every TO and at least one other person under neath. In additon, I added $40 of my own money to the pot (on top of still paying the entry fee and venue fee myself).

No one else wanted to help me, and the ONLY time I hear anything from Michigan is when they bitch (unless it's panda). You guys sure do know how to bitch about everything and anything you can. there's always something fucking wrong. It's impossible to please some of you assholes. If you didn't like it, weren't having a good time, then you shouldn't have fucking come. So, yes, Lain, Needle of Juntah, and Bowyer can all suck my left nut.

Sliq

Smash Master
I'm going to use this time now to blame Brawl for fucking everything up.

Also, at this point, I want to get into one giant internet fight, so fuck everyone. That's right. FUCK YOU ALL.

Man, it must be a great life to just blame all of your problems away. Then you never have to feel bad when you fail. I should start taking less pride in myself, too. That way, even though I never really accomplish anything, at least I won't have to feel bad knowing someone else will be taking the blame for me.

I'll start now! Kel, it is your fault that I had a bad time. Phew! Now I feel less bad about myself for being an intolerable shithead that offered nothing valuable to the community.

Seriously, there was less bitching when the ENTIRETY of VLS's pot was stolen, some thousands of dollars.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
To Everyone...except Samurai Panda:

We ain't gonna eat, we ain't gonna sleep
Ain't gonna breathe, til we see, what we wanna see
And what we wanna see, is you go to sleep, in the dirt
Permanently, you just being hurt, this ain't gonna work
For us, it just wouldn't be, sufficient enough
Cuz we, are just gonna be, enemies
As long as we breathe, we don't ever see, either of us
Coming to terms, where we can agree
There ain't gonna be, no reason, speakin wit us
You speak on my seed, then me, no speakin engles
So we gonna beef, and keep on beefin, unless
You're gonna agree, to meet with us in the flesh
And settle this face to face, and you're gonna see
A demon unleashed in us, that you've never seen
And you're gonna see, this gangstas pee on themselves
I see you Louisville, and thanks, but we need no help
We do this one all by our lonely, I don't need fifteen of my homies
When we see you, we're seeing you, us and you only
We never met, but best believe you gon' know us
When we're this close, to see you exposed as phony
Come on, *****, show us, pick us up, throw us
Lift us up, hold us, just like you told us
You was gonna do, that's what we thought, you're pitiful
We're rid of you, all you, yeah you'll get it too!

:)

Sliq

Smash Master
To Everyone...except Samurai Panda:

We ain't gonna eat, we ain't gonna sleep
Ain't gonna breathe, til we see, what we wanna see
And what we wanna see, is you go to sleep, in the dirt
Permanently, you just being hurt, this ain't gonna work
For us, it just wouldn't be, sufficient enough
Cuz we, are just gonna be, enemies
As long as we breathe, we don't ever see, either of us
Coming to terms, where we can agree
There ain't gonna be, no reason, speakin wit us
You speak on my seed, then me, no speakin engles
So we gonna beef, and keep on beefin, unless
You're gonna agree, to meet with us in the flesh
And settle this face to face, and you're gonna see
A demon unleashed in us, that you've never seen
And you're gonna see, this gangstas pee on themselves
I see you Louisville, and thanks, but we need no help
We do this one all by our lonely, I don't need fifteen of my homies
When we see you, we're seeing you, us and you only
We never met, but best believe you gon' know us
When we're this close, to see you exposed as phony
Come on, *****, show us, pick us up, throw us
Lift us up, hold us, just like you told us
You was gonna do, that's what we thought, you're pitiful
We're rid of you, all you, yeah you'll get it too!

:)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You guys might have been in the group I'm asking to help me out if, ya know, you had come to the circuit events instead of just complaining on the forums about every event, not showing up due to random car/work johns, and then complaining about the next one on loop ad infinitum. No one cares about scrubs, and no one cares about people who don't travel.

Nope

Smash Lord
regardless of who is in charge I would love to host a tourney for the next circuit in springfield, OH. It's pretty centrally located in Ohio. (40 min from Columbus, 1:15 from Cincy, 3 hours from Cleveland, 3 hours from Ann arbor, 2 hours from indy, 5 to chicago) There are a couple venues here available in springfield that we would be able to use. Not to mention we could house 20 people here between the various smashers in the area. Whoever decides to get this going or when it is resolved I would like to get involved by hosting a tournament.

lain

Smash Master
I'm glad that a couple of stoners from MI can put me in my place. You guys are cool.
I'm glad such a cool guy understands that I wasn't insulting him at all, where I BLATANTLY stated that I meant no offense to you and etc. and that you did a GREAT job running the circuit (the pot was right). BUT I guess such a judgemental person like you doesn't need to read what I said and think "hey, maybe he was telling the truth".

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Everyone needs to learn from minoriteam and work throught ur differences and walls of hate to form the greatest crew the world has ever known, THE GOD KAIS!!!

Sliq

Smash Master
I'm glad such a cool guy understands that I wasn't insulting him at all, where I BLATANTLY stated that I meant no offense to you and etc. and that you did a GREAT job running the circuit (the pot was right). BUT I guess such a judgemental person like you doesn't need to read what I said and think "hey, maybe he was telling the truth".
Take that lain! Wait...

Vayseth

Smash Master
You know what, this is getting us nowhere. People here are contributing nothing to this process except for pointless criticism while some of us are actually working on getting the circuit up and running again smoothly and more organized. However, some of us are horribly stubborn to the point where the midwest might just split in half. I do not want this to happen. Worst case scenario if we cannot find an agreeable schedule we will host 2 circuits, one for north MW and one for south MW and hold a championships for North vs South after each individual circuit has had its fill. I think that was Chewwy's idea, and I'm in favor of it. I'm sure it'll cut down on driving for most of us too. I think we'll all have reached a decision after the weekend.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Lain and NOJ smoke marijuana all the time. A lot. Even in places they aren't supposed to. You know, like, communal church areas that Dastrnn is putting his neck on the line for that he asked people to be responsible at.
Look, I don't have a problem with you irl and I'm not going to actually hate you for doing some shenanigany things and the same goes for OS, but when you go around saying **** that has absolutely no bearing in the discussion what so ever in an attempt to discredit the opinions of good friends of mine, I'm gonna get ****ing pissed and say something about it...

So if you keep the personal **** out of it and do talk about things straight up, we will too.

You guys might have been in the group I'm asking to help me out if, ya know, you had come to the circuit events instead of just complaining on the forums about every event, not showing up due to random car/work johns, and then complaining about the next one on loop ad infinitum. No one cares about scrubs, and no one cares about people who don't travel.
umm... from what I've seen and from what I've heard from talking to people, it's not only the people who didn't go to the circuit events that are pissed about how you and kel ran some of the **** for the circuit event. A lot of people who went to most of the events want a change... and imo Panda would be the best guy to run things...

Kel

Smash Master
I really don't get where this "OS ran the circuit" stuff is coming from. He announced matches and helped me seed the bracket at the championships. Samurai Panda, Bloodhawk and Blueblade contributed toward the tournament a LOT more than that. Overswarm was simply helping me out, because instead of being destructive, he wants to help. So while you're getting sandbagged on some MM and losing to a low tier with Brokenknight, Overswarm were helping me get things back under control.

My point about the pot thing is that it's been stated to NOT do that stuff around that venue. Dastrn has talked to these people repetitively. We could have/ should have kicked people out of the tournament for that **** and called the cops. We didn't, but it still wasn't cool. In addition, those people tend to be the ones that are most vocal about their opinions. They also do very little to help the tournament set up, run smoothly, clean up, or give constructive criticism. Organizing and tending to a region-wide circuit isn't as easy as complaining about anything you want. And it's disrespectful and aggravating when the people that help the least, also complain the most.

Holtz, a springfield tournament sounds great. But you're going to have to check with King Samurai Panda on it now.

Sliq

Smash Master
So if you keep the personal **** out of it and do talk about things straight up, we will too.
Shut up fatty.

umm... from what I've seen and from what I've heard from talking to people, it's not only the people who didn't go to the circuit events that are pissed about how you and kel ran some of the **** for the circuit event. A lot of people who went to most of the events want a change... and imo Panda would be the best guy to run things...
Who are these people, what are the problems they had with it, why did they not voice any solutions to said problem as opposed to bitching, and why did they not offer any assistance?

There's a distinct difference between bitching and constructive criticism...

...fatty...

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I really don't get where this "OS ran the circuit" stuff is coming from. He announced matches and helped me seed the bracket at the championships. Samurai Panda, Bloodhawk and Blueblade contributed toward the tournament a LOT more than that. Overswarm was simply helping me out, because instead of being destructive, he wants to help. So while you're getting sandbagged on some MM and losing to a low tier with Brokenknight, Overswarm were helping me get things back under control.
The champs were run great and smoothly. I couldn't have done it better myself. What I'm pissed about is the bullying of rules and allowed tourneys because you both had the money.

My point about the pot thing is that it's been stated to NOT do that stuff around that venue. Dastrn has talked to these people repetitively. We could have/ should have kicked people out of the tournament for that **** and called the cops. We didn't, but it still wasn't cool. In addition, those people tend to be the ones that are most vocal about their opinions. They also do very little to help the tournament set up, run smoothly, clean up, or give constructive criticism. Organizing and tending to a region-wide circuit isn't as easy as complaining about anything you want. And it's disrespectful and aggravating when the people that help the least, also complain the most.

Holtz, a springfield tournament sounds great. But you're going to have to check with King Samurai Panda on it now.
Are you honestly surprised that the people who smoke pot a lot are the ones speaking out? Do you know anything about how humans generally think and what motivates them in everyday life? What the **** do they have to lose by speaking up to someone with power? huh?

Shut up fatty.
No yer the fatty... I'm simply beautiful.

Who are these people, what are the problems they had with it, why did they not voice any solutions to said problem as opposed to bitching, and why did they not offer any assistance?

There's a distinct difference between bitching and constructive criticism...
I'm not going to speak up for them. If they wanted their opinions known to everyone then they would have spoken up. If they want to be ****ing cowards then whatevs.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I don't understand this crap...

How can the entirety of MI not remember just sitting there playing TvC while TheBlueBlade and Blood Hawk cleaned up all their garbage for them, and me Infern and Steeler moved like eighty chairs by ourselves? Or how about disappearing and holding up the bracket for god knows what reason and later moaning about how we didn't have enough time for pools? Or badgering OOS players who drove like 15 freaking hours about how they're not really good even though they took 3rd place? Or playing friendlies complaining about how the bracket hadn't started yet when Overswarm-- who had absolutely no obligation to do so-- put the whole thing together manually-- and you'd be surprised how much of a headache that is with 64 entrants and two simultaneous seeding methods-- when the TO's were having a hard time? Or johning about stages and *****ing at Kel for believing facts about the game instead of made-up crap like "MK's tornado is inescapable on Mansion?"

I don't have a personal problem with any of you guys, but you are not perfect. Not even Panda. Hell, Louisville are the most cooperative and helpful guys around and even they've almost set my house on fire three times, stole all my roommates' soda, left the front door hanging wide open in the winter with the heat on full blast (also not to mention in the inner city literally the next street down from where someone was shot and killed about a month ago), and walked off with one of my controllers. Most of you have no idea how much of a hassle some of these people have put themselves through for your enjoyment.

So if Kel, Bloodhawk, and BlueBlade mix up the money a little bit-- yet in the end still got it right for anybody who isn't too lazy to do the math-- I think you can afford to chill the **** out. Seriously. -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom