• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle of Ohio VI [Melee MWC Event] 4/18/09 ***$100 OOS bonus***

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I was so worried that this would suck because of a really cramped venue... Guess I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Also, I'm not able to get that address to work in google maps through copy-paste. And you need to edit out the venue unconfirmed from your post...

aquteen

Smash Ace
try Greenbrier spelled "Greenbriar"

even though it's spelled with an e on my street sign google maps and such think it's an a.

edit: I'm currently in negotiation with my parents about housing oos/far away people so hopefully that will work out.

Corigames

Smash Hero
hold tourneys in WV if u can, u'd get pittsburgh participation garanteed and probly husband =)
1. Sig, check it. I'm doing one on the 4th =D
2. I have chatted with Husband on AIM a couple of times. HE told me he's just really not interested in traveling for smash any more, but, if I were to go to him, he would definitely play me.

Edit:
Thanks people offering a controller for him if he doesn't have one by then. Also, confirmed venue is confirmed, awesome. It's 3.25 hour drive from my house to there (so says google maps). Few questions:
A) When is sign-ups and what time do the stop being available?
B) If I were to get housing, I would need room for 2 now. So, if anyone can, please keep that in mind when offering space. We don't need much, just a spot on the floor would be fine. Blankets aren't hard to carry with you.
C) I am going to bring my TV, Wii, 2 copies of smash, and a n00b. Would there be anything else you would want me to bring?

I know it's only a 3-and-some-odd hour drive, but getting over-night housing would be great. I haven't played another decent player in a while, I wouldn't have to drive, be tired from it, then have to play on top of that, and then drive home all on the same night's sleep, and so that my friend can possibly get some friendlies in with someone other than me.

/post

4% APR

Smash Champion
I would try to house some poeple but I'm a good 2 hours from the venue so it would be sorta pointless

edit-so i looked at the paths you said we could take and would your neighbors care if there were a bunch of goofy looking guys carrying tvs through their yard?

.Rance.

Smash Apprentice
I would try to house some poeple but I'm a good 2 hours from the venue so it would be sorta pointless

edit-so i looked at the paths you said we could take and would your neighbors care if there were a bunch of goofy looking guys carrying tvs through their yard?
One of the yards is DNA Instant's house, so he/his parents wouldn't care. The other one I think still doesn't have anyone living in it...

We use the paths all the time, so it shouldn't be an issue at all.

Dopey

Smash Lord
hell yea house tournys are old school.

also i still need a partner.......

aquteen

Smash Ace
oh ya a schedule

9:00 - people can start showing up and help with the setup and play friendlies and stuff
10:00 - signups start
11:30 - signups end*
12:00 - doubles pools start
after doubles pools - doubles start
after doubles - singles pools start
after singles pools - singles
after singles - maybe some other **** depending on how late it is

*If you come between 11:30-12:00 we can still put you into the doubles pools we'll just be very angry, however if you come after 12:00 we will not put you into pools because it's to much of a hassle and you should have been there on time. If you know your gonna be late but not extremely late give me a call (614)-551-0399 and I will sign you up.

You can signup for singles anytime before they start, I'll give warning calls to let people know it's there last chance to signup for singles.

both of the doors will get you through the fence and onto my street. The blue path takes you through the yard of some guy who's in a nursing home right now, and the orange path takes you through the yard of dna_instants house.

D

Deleted member

One of the yards is DNA Instant's house, so he/his parents wouldn't care. The other one I think still doesn't have anyone living in it...

We use the paths all the time, so it shouldn't be an issue at all.
Yea everyone can walk thru my yard for sure. I've made the trek down from my house carrying really big TVs and its not bad at all. There is a fence which goes from the parking lot onto our street, I will tape it open on the day of the tournament so people have easy access thru the yard.

The image above shows the path down from my yard to his house. It's about 125 feet from my house to his.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yeah

this whole thing with the tourneys and the entering and the pools and the brackets and the mind games and all is just plain silly like jello puddin pops

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Soooooooooo If my teams partner dosent come with me I'd probably need a teams partner. I'm better in singles/ Crews but...... I still love teams xD I can play quite a few characters as well!!!!! Any takers "like I said (IF) my partner dosent come" I'm looking for someone who's about as good as I am. :D anywayz thanks guys!

4% APR

Smash Champion
I'm really glad you want to come all the way from texas, but to be honest I'm not sure it will be quite worth the trip for you

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Soooooooooo If my teams partner dosent come with me I'd probably need a teams partner. I'm better in singles/ Crews but...... I still love teams xD I can play quite a few characters as well!!!!! Any takers "like I said (IF) my partner dosent come" I'm looking for someone who's about as good as I am. :D anywayz thanks guys!

it's been a while arc I hope we get to play some friendlies

.Rance.

Smash Apprentice
HEY, so we decided to switch this to an ALL BRAWL TOURNEY!

THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME! HYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPE

JK, fuuuck that shiat.

This is going to be the best tournament in Ohio since i dont know when.

soap

Smash Hero
thats all i thought of on the way to that tourney.

lol, captain falcon high school.

that tourney was so good.

Top Bottom