• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mid-South Power Rankings (AL, AR, MS, TN) - Updated: 6/20

ragnarock

Smash Lord
i feel a need to post this:

ragnarok would be top 20 by now probably but he has a serious tournament environment issue. When i played him before the end of the first match i already knew that he had lost this set before he even started playing smash. The worst case of choking i've ever seen.

I dunno... i felt bad for rag because it was so painfully obvious that he would have done much better if he had just entered the set with an appropriate mindset.

But alas, PR's arent about potential =/
Maybe XIF, but I know how good you are because I seen you at LTEC, so I know at exactly I was up against, and then G4S4 was the first tourney I want to since G4S2 and thats been a while, that tourney was the 1st time a played people in a very long time. But anyways I appriciate what you said and take it up concenteration.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
*Bump*

Is Mookie still a panelist? If not, who are all the panelists now? By the sound of how this thing works, it looks more like a subjective way of making the list than some others (weird point systems and stuff for NorCal and stuff that I don't get). Is it all panelist voting that counts or is there minimum placings in tournies or what?

I am just curious how this works. I think Raggy, Ambix, and some of the BLADeZ crew should be up there when the new one updates. =D I really don't know about some of the people up there so my opinion is probably not that good. lol

-Chad-

Slackerator
There's a fair amount of people on the list that'll probably get dropped off if this thing ever gets updated....but I don't see that happening really =x

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
Hellllllloooooo bump.

With the biweeklys canceled what is to become of the power rankings? I know the rankings are an over all kind of thing, but wasn't the biweeklys the focal point? Yes its close to brawl and things will change drastically, but I was just curious.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hellllllloooooo bump.

With the biweeklys canceled what is to become of the power rankings? I know the rankings are an over all kind of thing, but wasn't the biweeklys the focal point? Yes its close to brawl and things will change drastically, but I was just curious.
Well, DML still goes to tournament frequently, and Boon tries to find time to go with them. I try to make all the Georgia tournaments I can. With the biweeklies gone, I don't really know what will happen to the rankings.

I guess we should just forget about them until we have some Brawl tournaments?

3GOD

Smash Ace
The power rankings are based too much on tournament placings when they should be based on more objective things like who can multi-shine the most or who can pillar with Link the best. Luckily, I fall WAY out of the top 20 in both categories!

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
hey guys, i know this probably isnt the thread for this, but im looking for any kind of tenessee thread to find people to play when i go there on the 26th do any of you guys live there or know of a thread where i can find people that do?

help would be much appreciated.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Remember, the power rankings were never about the biweeklies alone. It was about the people regardless of where the tournaments are held.

That being said, I've faded out of the smash scene quite a bit and it's been a refreshing break to say the least. I'll definitely be back for brawl though. :D

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
More guys talking about smash. Fun stuff oh well back to the point, i was talking to edward/brandon and he asked me to could i have holloween party at my house. I agree in other words party with iori hahah. To get in you have to bring a dish. The only requirement, yes there will be smash and yes there will be decorations.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
More guys talking about smash. Fun stuff oh well back to the point, i was talking to edward/brandon and he asked me to could i have holloween party at my house. I agree in other words party with iori hahah. To get in you have to bring a dish. The only requirement, yes there will be smash and yes there will be decorations.
THat sounds tight, I wish I lived close to the area or I would come.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I just figured it would be best on the weekend because of school, but I'll try to come to this. I havnt played smash since g4s4 (I think). And hopefully I dont have to go to football games anymore.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
i'll be in tn this weekend, wanna play?
sure here is my numbah 901 9499107

Yeah it will be on a friday, i will try to get the rest of my crew to help me out. Iori has no plan on decorations but with help im sure we will think of somthing. Also since iori is lazy can some one else make that iori thread, I would love you for it. :093: HAND HUG i started one yeahz http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=122328

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I've been back in the M-Town since September, for those who haven't known, and I would like to play some Super Smash, yayz!

...just depends when I can though, XD. Kinda' busy with work.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Most of the people who have been posting live in and around Memphis, so, yeah it is ;_; Sorry. Try IM or PMing JMOAN, KO Kingpin, or other Nashvillians and see if they're free.

Top Bottom