• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mid-South Power Rankings (AL, AR, MS, TN) - Updated: 6/20

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Lol

I don't think rankings are sexy to me unless you count the whole nation, then that's when it gets sexy. If I ever did make national rankings and someone beat me, more power to them, just means they're better than me. Which brings me to the question....why do people worry about their ranking? Bragging rights, popularity, sexy coolness? What is it be's.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I think it's mainly to give other regions a good idea of who the top places from our region are, so they know when they're playing someone who's actually good or just random sh*t-talker #46.

Also, Shogun for power rankings when we update it.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Heh I really didn't care too much about them, I sorta got elected to be a panelist so..

But yeah, to me they're not really that important. I just wanna smash and have a good time.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Heh I really didn't care too much about them, I sorta got elected to be a panelist so..

But yeah, to me they're not really that important. I just wanna smash and have a good time.
I agree on that sh*t, I know a few people better than the ranked people and the people who are better aren't even ranked, but that life for ya. But the power rank does mean something though. The aren't meaningless.

Handorin

Smash Hero
The PR are basically mainly those in our area who go to a lot of tournaments where we can easily see and track progress.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
kk, thanks guys for all those sexy answers. XD

I agree, smashing all togather is great, I just get nervous when anything is ranked cause it starts arguements. Not saying this does, but i've seen it happen before

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It's much more fun to just own face. I'm good at this game, and I don't need a ranking to show it. As much as I like the community, I don't need it to back me in order to have fun. It's the love for the game that should keep you going.

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
yes but its nice to get recognition for something you love and are good at right? I mean honestly if you think you are good its going to be human nature to want to be on the power rankings and saying it doesn't matter to you at all is kind of kidding your self.

maybe im just full of shiz but i do think i know one person who deserves to be on the rankings.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
It's kind of like that "Who's Who" thing at summer camps and high school. Most likely to succeed, friendliest, etc.

To be recognized as your peers as one of the best, to me, is quite an honor - especially in a competitive world.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Well spoken Zane...Just to have other's who share the common faith that is smash know that you exist is an honor.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Well spoken Zane...Just to have other's who share the common faith that is smash know that you exist is an honor.
I exsist, at least I'd think i'd exsist. :(

Lol, also GL guys to whoever's going to that GA tourney, Rep for the Mid-south.......we're taking over!!

ragnarock

Smash Lord
It's much more fun to just own face. I'm good at this game, and I don't need a ranking to show it. As much as I like the community, I don't need it to back me in order to have fun. It's the love for the game that should keep you going.
I see what your saying, but we both know that some people take the game way more seriously than that though. But to be honest I want to be ranked one day, I practice hard you know, and I was happy to see my name on the potentials list. I was glad to finally see my hard work finally paying off and I 'm looking foward to being ranked.

Sensai

Smash Master
Zane spoke very well in what he said.

That being said, I can also see Reflex's side as I'm like that, also. Which is why...I'm picking up Yoshi.

*dun dun dun*

He's so fun.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Nes Noob do you main Link? I was just thinking what charcter or (s) that I play with that go well with him sense we are playing teams at G4S. I know we can play teams when you get here Friday and we can figure something out. How does that sound to ya playa.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
I say old chaps.

hmm about this power rank talk, the only way to truely understand the ranks is that you have to be first. That is the only way the ranks have meaning. That and meeting friends, which i enjoy. Truth is we all like this game very much and no matter what we do it will reamain that way. Think about it if you go to a power rank thread who do you look for, friends and who is first.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
I say old chaps.

hmm about this power rank talk, the only way to truely understand the ranks is that you have to be first. That is the only way the ranks have meaning. That and meeting friends, which i enjoy. Truth is we all like this game very much and no matter what we do it will reamain that way. Think about it if you go to a power rank thread who do you look for, friends and who is first.
Yea 1st place do have weight on their shoulders cause that means ur representing the whole midsouth being up there.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
I don't like the sound of that =X I have too much fun playing to be really good at this game and well represent us >_>
Chad dude you're awsome at this game!! :) And it's so fun playing you and the rest of the peoples.

And my apologies if I sounded like I was offending anyone. I think it would be a cool think to rep mid south is why I said it.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
One use for power rankings: being able to back up the fact that you only lost to really good players.
For example, Chad lost to the #2 and 5 from Georgia, Iori lost to the #4 from Florida, and I lost to the #2 and 3 from Georgia.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
That make sense. But what about random people that beat the really good players, it doesn't mean that there not good either, you know.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
lol yet again i phail in singles.

25th lost to Prac (he got 5th) and Tong.
i thought i could have won both matches but oh well.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I think Rag is more trying to say that even players not on the PR can be good, which is very true.
No way. Power rankings aren't decided upon and updated regularly concerning skill level, they dictate the skill level of the state's players. If you're ranked lower than someone on the PR, then you simply can't beat them. It's the way of the world.

That was a joke, for those not keeping up.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Ragnarock should definitely be on the mid-South power rankings. At G4S4 he beat JMoan (#10 midsouth) and Gerbil (#10 GA) and lost to Carter (#5 GA) and XIF (#4 FL).

chamberlin

Smash Ace
One use for power rankings: being able to back up the fact that you only lost to really good players.
For example, Chad lost to the #2 and 5 from Georgia, Iori lost to the #4 from Florida, and I lost to the #2 and 3 from Georgia.
The only person I lost to was you... TWICE... at the last bi-weekly. *shakes his fist*

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
i feel a need to post this:

ragnarok would be top 20 by now probably but he has a serious tournament environment issue. When i played him before the end of the first match i already knew that he had lost this set before he even started playing smash. The worst case of choking i've ever seen.

I dunno... i felt bad for rag because it was so painfully obvious that he would have done much better if he had just entered the set with an appropriate mindset.

But alas, PR's arent about potential =/

Top Bottom