• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mid-South Power Rankings (AL, AR, MS, TN) - Updated: 6/20

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
so basically last year Pichu and I were on a stroll through Japan one day and we saw Sakurai. I thought "It would be pretty sweet to say hi to him and talk to him about brawl" and Pichu was like "pi pichu pi" I said "yeah me too!" So pichu scuttled ahead and all of the sudden "BAM!" Sakurai Falls to the ground. Im like WTF he flipped. I run over to him and im like "Are you OK?" he was really pissed at pichu for tripping him. "IM GONNA DELETE THAT STINKIN PICHU!! DELETE DELETE DELETE!" im like "whoa buddy calm down" i grab my pichu and run away

as im walking off i see Sakurai writing something in his journal. he was laughing manically. i wonder what he wrote.

PS Batman beats Bane because Batman can defeat any hero in the DC universe because he is the most Anal retentive of all heroes/Villains and always has a plan for EVERYONE up to and including the JLA. Yeah Bane broke his back but Bane is a Bafoon and Batman has monies to fix himself to make his body better.

Batman > DC universe and most of Marvel (not Captain America though) (or Zombie QuickSilver)

Whatever, bane got lucky, lets get that straight. What superhero didn't get got at teast one got time. Hes the only person who took out the Justice League single handedly.
Technically Batman didnt do it single handedly he had help from Ras Al'Goul and that was only a What If Comic

Roxas Org XIII

Smash Apprentice
Iori you went through like every single midsouth thread and some others and pasted that lol!! and it kinda sucks cause theres no more brawl tournies around here =(

ragnarock

Smash Lord
You Guys gonna excuse me for saying this, BUT I F*cking pissed. DO THE MELEE POWER RANKINGS STILL EVEN F*CKING EXIST. And if it does don't some changes need to be made. Or is melee that f*cking under the f*cking ground. This is f*cking bullsh*t.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Go ask in the Melee thread. But since you argument was SO compelling will all that language, I cant help but answer here. No, they dont "exist" anymore and no the game isnt dead yet.

-Chad-

Slackerator
There are too few tournaments now to really get a good update on the list. Most of the panelists aren't interested in continuing the list anyway, and the list itself is not important in the least.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
We'll its just the fact that the scene in the mid-south is kinda dead in my opinion. Me and Nes Nood are pretty much forced to go to south FL for tourneys and comp. And to you your list Janitor I hope that was a joke. I thought reflex stop playing melee even though I do see him goin to the GA tourney.

-Chad-

Slackerator
We'll its just the fact that the scene in the mid-south is kinda dead in my opinion. Me and Nes Nood are pretty much forced to go to south FL for tourneys and comp. And to you your list Janitor I hope that was a joke. I thought reflex stop playing melee even though I do see him goin to the GA tourney.
There's just not enough players now since Brawl took most of the up and coming melee players away, so holding tournaments doesn't happen as often because there'd only be like 30 players TOPS if like all of the melee players that still play in the midsouth came. No one would come wanting to get better because they'd just pass it off as a waste of money.

Vts

Smash Champion
pfft if people would tell me about some tournaments of give me time days that everyone can get off i can host tournaments easy.

btw the power rankings seems little old need to revamp ace imo should be in the power ranks but w/e as they say melee is dead.

plus mesa not on list how mean /emo my poor ic's aren't good enough? how about some rematchs :psycho:

-Chad-

Slackerator
I have been thinking about trying to start some kind of tourny series here, but I have to work a lot right now so it's kinda difficult, and I'm apprehensive about doing a Melee tournywithout knowing for sure that a decent amount of people would show.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
There's just not enough players now since Brawl took most of the up and coming melee players away, .
i dont know if i count as up and coming since i'm still bad but i still play and i know that means nothing right now but im just sayin

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Ok, so many people are disgruntled at the lack of an update. So here we go, the new list:

1.) Manchester United
2.) Pepperoni pizza
3.) Spam in threads
4.) The Inn
5.) Darkrain's knee into the table
6.) Cheetos
7.) Elric of Melniboné
8.) GAWes
9.) Angel headlights
10.) An unimportant list that people put way too much stock into

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Ok, so many people are disgruntled at the lack of an update. So here we go, the new list:

1.) Manchester United
2.) Pepperoni pizza
3.) Spam in threads
4.) The Inn
5.) Darkrain's knee into the table
6.) Cheetos
7.) Elric of Melniboné
8.) GAWes
9.) Angel headlights
10.) An unimportant list that people put way too much stock into
What is going on here am I not good enough to be on anyone list :(, mewtwo shall rise or something...... aw forget it.

Prac352

Smash Lord
I have been thinking about trying to start some kind of tourny series here, but I have to work a lot right now so it's kinda difficult, and I'm apprehensive about doing a Melee tournywithout knowing for sure that a decent amount of people would show.
I'd go. And i could bring another four or five with me.

Make it happen Chadachu.

Vts

Smash Champion
i'll come and try to bring some people from ar-kansas

if you need some wii's i could bring mine and possible my little 19 inch tv (cruse you halo!)

iori i played my friend with mewtwo and 3 stocked him and he got so pissed, he said i only play gay :laugh:

the list is just a joke i don't really care about it (cus i bet i'll never be on it lol)

but we need to keep melee alive cus we all know brawl is trash i only play it cus others play it , if someone says lets play melee i drop brawl and go over there.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
The mid-south just need to have more tourneys. But distance is a problem for most people. Were is a good neutral area so distance can be fair for everybody. But Like spider sense said we need to have more tourneys. Id come to them all. Well at least try. But i'll be at most. And for a tourney in bama wise, B-ham or Hunstville its that bad of a location.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Starkville Mississippi is pretty central but there aren't many local players so everyone would have to drive (except me). Tuscaloosa is centralish except for AR.

Mid-South is too god **** spread out =(

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Memphis is the best, except for those people in AL.
Starkville Mississippi is pretty central but there aren't many local players so everyone would have to drive (except me). Tuscaloosa is centralish except for AR.

Mid-South is too god **** spread out =(
There is no avoiding driving for anybody, The only thing we will have to do is rotate tourney destinations, AR, MS the Al, you know. I think that'll work. every tourney be about 1 month1/2 from each other to give people time to recoop there wallets.

Top Bottom