• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mid-South Power Rankings (AL, AR, MS, TN) - Updated: 6/20

Nite

Smash Champion
Alex is the leader of F5, I believe. A lot of them played MoH, so that's how we know them.

Tapion played with them online with GH3.

Why can't you be in 2 crews? I'm sure that most of F5 doesn't live around here anyway. It wouldn't be smart to break up a group of friends that you play with locally.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Alex is the leader of F5, I believe. A lot of them played MoH, so that's how we know them.

Tapion played with them online with GH3.

Why can't you be in 2 crews? I'm sure that most of F5 doesn't live around here anyway. It wouldn't be smart to break up a group of friends that you play with locally.
Well I never knew people had the presence of two crews. Usually it's either one or the other. I don't wanna leave my friends and what I've started with them is basically what i'm saying. But I can't help but be honored to be labeled on the same ranks as those guys too. I"m so confused right now it's not even funny.

:confused: = yes

:psycho: = no

Handorin

Smash Hero
Will you lose anything by joining the crew?
Will you gain something by joining the crew?

The answers to those questions should give you the answer you seek.

Roxas Org XIII

Smash Apprentice
yah! brawl power rankings!! lol and thanks nes noob for saying me and vexen should be in top 5 =) but yea for sure Reflex and Nes noob 1 and 2 they are beasts ill beat you guys in a tourney eventully!

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
Shogun- You should flip a coin!

Nite- Call me sometime, I have an idea.... :chuckle:

Everyone else- What's up everybody?! I haven't seen anyone who plays smash in soooo long! I'm thinking
that we should get together and have a smashfest in the near future. Also totally off-topic,
who all is planning on attending this GA tourney of much sex and Melee?

:ness:

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Will you lose anything by joining the crew?
Will you gain something by joining the crew?

The answers to those questions should give you the answer you seek.
Well either way they have it's advantages and disadvantages. One on one hand could be a oppourtunity that could come only once in forever. And the other is that I could break a friendship up that was bound by a single game. Lol, crazy as it may sounds it's true. Stuff like "he puts fame over his friends" and "he's too soft to try anything above the next level" comes into play, and it gets me bugging when that happens.

Nite

Smash Champion
Shogun, I don't think it's like that man. I have a crew too, but I won't hesitate to team with someone good outside of my crew. It is most likely a once in a lifetime opportunity especially if you go to a big tourney and team with someone from halfway across the country. If it's something you really wanna do, then I wouldn't pass it up. Though I don't see too much of a point being in a crew with people who live far away from you. Especially people you've never met before. If you think it'll cause drama with your friends though, of course they come first.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Shogun, I don't think it's like that man. I have a crew too, but I won't hesitate to team with someone good outside of my crew. It is most likely a once in a lifetime opportunity especially if you go to a big tourney and team with someone from halfway across the country. If it's something you really wanna do, then I wouldn't pass it up. Though I don't see too much of a point being in a crew with people who live far away from you. Especially people you've never met before. If you think it'll cause drama with your friends though, of course they come first.
Nooo uuuu
Do what you want sho, You only live once and also if you want the true answer look in your heart. (shoguarding)

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
KO- WOO! Please tell me you're dragging the rest of your middle Tennekkee cohorts along for the ride!

Iori- I'm not sure that really qualifies as conclusive advice. Being unsure as to what he should do, Shogun can't just look in his heart, because if that were the case then he wouldn't have such a dilemma, would he? ^^ You're so silly!

*edit* Nite makes a nmad good point.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
K thanks guys, I came to a conclusion and i'm gonna look more into this F5 thing. If they standards don't meet mine i'm not gonna do it. Once again, thank you everyone.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
KO- Yoshi. Falcon. I'm sorry. LOL
that was luck. i totally had you running. even though it was 4 stock 3 stock.
now Ganon is coming back with a vengeance since you hurt his yoshi.

PS tell Lance to come to so we can play some Battle Hunter. Im totally needing some sexyness and cut throating.

KO- WOO! Please tell me you're dragging the rest of your middle Tennekkee cohorts along for the ride!.
gonna try to get some. I know at least JMOAN is coming.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
KO- WOO! Please tell me you're dragging the rest of your middle Tennekkee cohorts along for the ride!

Iori- I'm not sure that really qualifies as conclusive advice. Being unsure as to what he should do, Shogun can't just look in his heart, because if that were the case then he wouldn't have such a dilemma, would he? ^^ You're so silly!

*edit* Nite makes a nmad good point.
Come on zero in every adventure you always have a choice that is life altering. The catch is you can continue to finish the quest or you can give up and go home. Zero my question for you is where do you find the resolution. :p

Handorin

Smash Hero
When ever someone A)decides if what states are being represented B)makes a thread and C) we decide on a panal

Nite

Smash Champion
I can't say. Most people who visit the forums don't seem to take Brawl too seriously, so I don't see us getting a top 20 like we did for Melee. Maybe a top 10.

Roxas Org XIII

Smash Apprentice
im thinking that we use the same states as we did in melee and use the same panel if the people play brawl and if not let the people are on the panel reccomend the ones for the other states? And i agree with the top ten power ranking sounds great. But yea just an idea lol

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ok, looking at the list:

The Panel - The panel is currently comprised of 2 members in the 4 states that are involved in this thread. Chamberlin (havnt heard from.) and Zane (is busy with work now) will represent Arkansas, MookieRah (I assume is active, I just havnt seen him) and Chad (doesnt like brawl) will represent Mississippi, Nite (doesnt like brawl) and Lance (not sure) will be in charge of Tennessee, and Thief (inactive?) and Moogle (Not sure either, but is active) are handling Alabama. This is not to say, that the ranking is done on a regional basis, and that each of us gives votes as such. The process simply makes it more reasonable to keep up with how players are doing in individual matches between each other, outside of the major tournament scene.

(Update 5/27: Ihavespaceballs (doesnt like brawl I think) is now an official panelist. Yay!)
(Update 6/10: ...so is KOKingPin) (plays brawl)

looks like we need a new panel >_>

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
honestly we cant really go by a list for this game.
A) cause not everyone who playing in the areas are on Smashboards
B) cause the game is to random and deciding a top10 would be insanely difficult. You might be able to decide a top 5 but that would leave people wanting. so i say we dont need a PR thread

Handorin

Smash Hero
Meh, I think we can do it. And it's easy if we just limit it to smashboards only. If they arnt on smashboards or AiB, they probably wont travel that far for tournaments.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
honestly we cant really go by a list for this game.
A) cause not everyone who playing in the areas are on Smashboards
B) cause the game is to random and deciding a top10 would be insanely difficult. You might be able to decide a top 5 but that would leave people wanting. so i say we dont need a PR thread
I don't think the game's any more random than Melee was; edges gayed you for definitive reasons, just like they do now. So far, none of these drastic glitches (like passing through Pokemon Stadium) have been complained about at an actual tournament; we know what to watch out for.

I also think that we'd be able to get an accurate list of the good players in the area. Even if there are good players that aren't on SmashBoards (which is still a small number, IMO), if they go to tournaments enough, we can get that information.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I think Moogle and Reflex or possibly nice1 could represent AL. they are all known players who all play brawl

Nes Noob might be an MS rep. he plays brawl at least

Brawl isn't more random, and even if it is, its not so random that the good players don't beat the bad players, which along with the game rewarding practice and being fun, is good enough. Poker is much more random than Brawl and no one denies its competitive viability.
Also, people don't have to be on smashboards for everyone to know their name from tourney results and see that they belong on there.

it's not fair people to stifle the power rankings for the new game just because they don't particularly like it.

i also think the melee rankings should be continued to be updated.

Roxas Org XIII

Smash Apprentice
i agree we should keep melee power rankings as well but we need brawl... and we do need a new panel. even though chad doesnt like brawl he would be on the panel i think... SO chad and nes n00b for ms. reflex and i dunno who else for AL... uhh Tennessee lance and spaceballs maybe i dunno lol and then from arkansas... i dunno somebody in the cabot crew or my crew maybe not really sure we could just let the people already on the panel choose the remaining spots...

Handorin

Smash Hero
Well, I think the best way to start a panel is to have people submit nominations. We can go from there

Handorin

Smash Hero
I dunno, maybe just post 1 or 2 people from each state here and have somone tally it up? XD
or PM me I guess. Im uber bored cause I have lots of free time now and I dont mind doing it.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
I nominate VTS and Chamberline for Arkansas, Nes n00b for Mississippi. Spaceballs and Iori for TN, I don't know many bama peeps that pop their head in here so I can't really say there. No disrepect to anyone I didn't nominate but that's who I see on the boards the most. And if anyone had thoughts of nominating me please don't, I have too much going on and trying to help run a smash section of the nation would add to the stress lol. I might pick up Melee again just to take a shot at the rankings again, only if I don't get pissed off at the fact of how hard I gotta work with Mario just for a victory. I'll most def go for brawl rankings though.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
the only real candidates in Alabama are nice1, Reflex, and moogle as of now. no one else really is known by anyone outside of the state.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I second the nomination for VTS for Arkansas. He's the only one running a steady brawl tourny scene in Arkansas at the moment. He's on the boards a lot also. I also second NES Noob, Iori, and Spaceballs. I nominate Chad for the other Mississippi guy. I don't know that much about Alabama, but Reflex sounds good for that.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm going to throw my vote, for what it's worth, behind Moogle and Reflex for Alabama, since Thief is almost completely inactive now-a-days.

Roxas Org XIII

Smash Apprentice
ive never seen chamberlin or VTS. lol... there werent at any of the big tournies lately... are they coming to inevitable? its hard to be on panel without seeing everyone play =(

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I dunno, maybe just post 1 or 2 people from each state here and have somone tally it up? XD
or PM me I guess. Im uber bored cause I have lots of free time now and I dont mind doing it.
That's what Florida appears to have done. I don't see why not.

<3 Handorin.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I've never seen chamberlin or VTS. lol... there werent at any of the big tournies lately... are they coming to inevitable? its hard to be on panel without seeing everyone play =(
VTS runs bi-weeklys for Brawl in Cabot. If you looked at the Arkansas Smashers Chat (http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=74229) or the bi-weekly thread (http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=151885) you should have probably hear of VTS and the bi-weekly, 'cause that's what everyone's been talking about for the last several months in those threads. Regarding Arkansas Smash, those threads are about the only thing going on lol. He should definitely be on the panel.

I've won several tournaments in Arkansas over the past few years for Melee, and was on the power rankings panel for that. College has taken a lot of my traveling money away from me, so have haven't been able to go to any big Brawl tournaments. I probably shouldn't be on the power rankings panel for Brawl, because I don't have enough money to go to far away tournaments anymore.

Top Bottom