• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mid-South Power Rankings (AL, AR, MS, TN) - Updated: 6/20

Vts

Smash Champion
There is no avoiding driving for anybody, The only thing we will have to do is rotate tourney destinations, AR, MS the Al, you know. I think that'll work. every tourney be about 1 month1/2 from each other to give people time to recoop there wallets.
hmm this might be a good idea cus arkansas ones will be easy to do, MS is easy for me but AL would be little harder but most likely.

and have the grand finals for end of the year in MS since its in the middle..kind of...yeah lol.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
When is this getting updated? The smash scene in the midsouth is booming, and now would be an awesome time to get this thread back up and running.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Warning! The last reply to this thread was posted over a year ago. Please make sure you are not unnecessarily bumping this thread before replying.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
1. Sugoi Kawaii Moe Chan
2. Chad
3. Nite
4. G. Vice on stages with platforms
5. Iori when he wants to win
6. G. Vice on stages without platforms
7. Iori when he doesn't want to win
8. ihavestonedballs
9. ihavespaceballs
10. Handorin canceling

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Chamberlain when he is not dash attacking with fox and Andy Anderton of Anderson Incorporated I think should at least be honorable mentions.

Shogun's dead melee self and VTS emoness have to go to more tourneys and place before they get on.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol, so I don't mind this thread being open an all but who's gonna step up and update it?

or create a new PR?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I just think it'd be cool to see the Midsouth have a PR system again. I'm not sure what the normal amount is, but it'd be cool to see one regardless.

lol IHSB <3

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Chamberlain when he is not dash attacking with fox
Lol, I actually took your advice on that but I still catch myself doing it sometimes... It gets crouch canceled too much and it has too much lag. Something strange that I noticed about it is that it hits under the ledge at certain points and can actually be used for strange edge guard tactics...

Oh yeah, and I think Midsouth rankings would be pretty pimp.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that IHSB would totally be up for it...just knowing him and his amazingness at least. Perhaps Chad as well? And I figured you would too NES, but I doubt Iori would wanna be one lol

how many panelists do there have to be anyway? I'm not sure how these things work.

NES n00b

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure that IHSB would totally be up for it...just knowing him and his amazingness at least. Perhaps Chad as well? And I figured you would too NES, but I doubt Iori would wanna be one lol

how many panelists do there have to be anyway? I'm not sure how these things work.
The only one I somewhat see is IHSB. I think chad and Iori would not want to do it.

I think there should be at least two memphis area people who are active. One AL person, one AR person, and maybe one Middle TN. So 4-5 panelist.

I would only be a panelist if people truly did want a list.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Nah, He's from Knoxville. He did really well at TO5.
Winners' bracket
Lost to Dogy

Losers' bracket
Bye
Defeated Moogle
Defeated Joot
Lost to Cyrax from Mortal Kombat

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

-Chad-

Slackerator
I wouldn't mind being a panelist again...I guess....

Okay I would mind a little but I think I'm very unbiased and that's good right? =x

Like NES said, 4 panelists, one from each state I think would be ideal. I think having 8 panelists and top 20 list was too much.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Top 20 would be ranking every smasher in the midsouth.

Including Aurafox.

NES n00b

Smash Master
If we are going to do this, this needs to have set procedures ranging from who is active (since the line between active and inactive in the midsouth is pretty murky) to how the actual list is compiled (compromise from discussion, average of lists, or some kind of weird arbitrary point system from each tournament?).

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Hmm... Arkansas people have little knowledge of Georgia, and the same could be said of Georgia regarding Arkansas... I'm not sure how to bridge that gap. Moogle is the most honorable mention that comes to mind, but there are others that I'm not sure where they should go or whether or not they should be considered active.

Sugoi Kawaii Moe Chan is from Mississippi and is obviously a strong contender for first. I pretty much base this on how well he did at one tournament.

Handorin

Smash Hero
GA isn't part of Midsouth though. Just TN, MS, AR, and AL.

Reverse alphabetical ftw.

I just hate how East TN is sooooo far from us.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I wasn't aware that Georgia was midsouth?

incase anyone has forgotten already lol

Aurafox is from Chattanooga, TN.
Reflex is from Jean Grey, AL

Homes of the Legends.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Seriously, I think it will be tough to rank AL and AR people cause in all seriousness only memphis people have some kind of interaction between two of them (besides that one triweekly :( ) and really not even going to the same OOS tourneys...I don't know how that is going to work.

That is why I suggest making rough lists first then showing the other panelists and have everyone discuss it for a set time. After that, make the final lists then average them together. That is my suggestion at least.

Edit: Aurafox's ghost should be in the "Legend Honorable mention" section under "Furry that lives next to dragons," not in the actual PR. Reflex could be I guess "Lava Combo" or "We miss him sadface" in the same section.

My suggestion for honorable mentions should be people who were put on a panelist's list, but couldn't actually make it on the actual PR list and/or activity problems but we know they are still good at the game (Kyo?). Then maybe some dumb ones.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I actually meant AL when and said Georgia... My bad.

And yeah, Kyo was one of the first people that popped in to my head when considering good players with activity problems.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Well isn't the PR based upon the discretion of those who are panelists? IE when DML holds triweeklies and NES, IHSB/Chad or whoever's that regions panelist, they could play the people who showed up from AL and AR. I mean moogle shows up too, and he'd be the AL panelist correct? Maybe I'm incorrect in this.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Well isn't the PR based upon the discretion of those who are panelists? IE when DML holds triweeklies and NES, IHSB/Chad or whoever's that regions panelist, they could play the people who showed up from AL and AR. I mean moogle shows up too, and he'd be the AL panelist correct? Maybe I'm incorrect in this.
Yeah, but there are different ways the panelist form the final list. It is their discretion, but different means of getting to the final product.

Top Bottom