• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Ball Z-Jan 23-Waterford MI MELEE CONFIRMED

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I"LL BE THERE!

WELL I REALLY WANT TO BE THERE.

No TvC side? lol jk

And cool, not many big-big names! Will be more interesting I hope XD

And doesn't seem like there will be 50% Metaknights either. I actually plan on using Falcon as a main.

Thanks for this tourny! Second one I will be going to since it's in convenient driving time from my house for my parents :)

Boxxy

Smash Lord
Well, the only thing I can say about hacks would probably be to confirm it with the people you play if they are fine with it. I don't think anyone would really mind the music hacks, but the characters and stages could mess some people up some how so i'd double check. Though for teams, I'd probably have to say turn off the hacks (probably not music) cause you could have some colors that dont correspond (like being a green team vs a blue team and one of the text hacks on the green team is blue) and get a lot of confusion. Again, singles is probably fine, but check with the people you play. I'll probably be bringing text hacks.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Well I have the Japanese version Gates :)

But yeah omg TvC coming out soon for the USA!

And yes I forgot to post about that yesterday Boxxy. But if you could do that, then that'd be great :).

It's so annoying when you play on a set like on Final Destination against a totally Black Snake and the background is all flashing green and red... so bad lol.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Do you have time to go to Gamestop/similar retailer and get a new one?

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
So I haven't kept up on this thread, but if anyone is going to this from Ann Arbor I'm going to need a ride. Or if anyone is driving through there on the way or something.

tl;dr
I need a ride

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Vert could you PM me about what exactly the situation is with me driving you there? ie. where should I pick you up?

Boxxy

Smash Lord
k I just had a hella crazy idea. for brawl a mk only side tourney (like $2-$5). thoughts??? inb4 that's what the main tourney is going to be

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Music hacks are cool. BlazBlue music would be sweet. But stage and character texture hacks tend to mess me up a little :o

And yeah Gates I'll PM you.

And mannnn I am so not entering that side tourney. Itd just be a waste of money for me considering I hate Metaknight and fail with him. Plus the only MKs I like watching in action are Judge and Mew2King.

Xyless

Smash Master
I'll be bringing a setup with music/texture hacks, and a TV. No worries, my textures/music aren't distracting, they're the talk of the town! Make sure you save your replays on my Wii if you want games recorded, since I finally configured my Mac to use my capture card (so I can record while in MI). You'll know it's mine when the results screen says SAVE REPLAY.

Also, I'll be bringing along the files needed to hack Wiis, if anyone needs. And Brawl+/pBrawl! Those will be off, but I can enable them later on if people want to mess around with them. And I have a tri-wing screwdriver, if still needed.

EDIT: I can take up to 4 other people with me in my hatchback from Ann Arbor. It's about a 10-15 minute drive from my house to the mall, so it's not too much trouble.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
k I just had a hella crazy idea. for brawl a mk only side tourney (like $2-$5). thoughts??? inb4 that's what the main tourney is going to be
that's what the tourney is gonna be

Instead of MK, why not an epic low tire character? Like...

CAPTAIN FALCON!!!

Or Ganon with Ganon Items? (Items that let him do crazy cool things including legit combos and flying and such... check out Super Ganon Time on youtube and the Ganon Items Combo video)

I would join either of them :D

I'm pretty sure many people there for Brawl have played and liked Falcon back in Melee too anyways.

pBrawl? I know Brawl+ though. But why not BBrawl? Although I'm guessing because that one's not crazy like the others. But if you can, could you please bring Brawl- ? Much more epic than Brawl+ :D.

It's the fast-paced-quick-fingers-epic kind of fighting action.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
+1 for brawl+ side tourney!

and since amane cancelled her smashfest what r we gonna do? anyone wanna hosties?

Xyless

Smash Master
Or we could do the crazy idea I came up with and a few IL people have developed from.

Reverse Pick Tournament. Each player gets to ban like 12 characters at the beginning of the tournament, and everyone can carry around a list with their 12 bans so it's easy to keep track. Then, at each round of a match, you choose your opponent's character, and he chooses yours.

WOULD BE FUN IF IT WORKED OUT

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Low tier is boring imo =[
So is all MK.

It's the fast-paced-quick-fingers-epic kind of fighting action.
MvC2 side tourney?

What we really need is a Dedede only side tourney with a different stagelist.

Neutrals:
Bridge of Eldin
Green Greens
Onett
Corneria
Shadow Moses Island

Counterpicks:
75m
Castle Seige
Delfino Plaza
Distant Planet
Green Hill Zone
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom
Yoshi's Island Melee
Final Destination

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
LOL Nice list Gates XD.

The Reverse thing sounds cool too, and doesn't seem too hard to pull off either.

And yeah, MK's are boring... in the end, if you can't overcome the other with skill, his metagame literally just devolves (or evolves?) into using tornado ONLY. Because in reality, that's the only move you really really need. You can check this out in a match ( i think it was close to semifinals ) about a month ago, where Havok used Nado at least 80% of the time against Sonic (X) in the last match (like 3 of 3). Only other noticeable moves were dsmash and Up B. And I was watching the stream, and me and some others agreed to leave if Havok won with Sado spamming lol.

Hmm MvC2? I have it, on Dreamcast. And I could also bring PS2 so that would be 2 setups lol. I'm not really competitive in it though, so idk if there are any differences between the two or if they're manageable. The only combo (besides jabbing) i really know is Sentinel, where he jumps, does that spiked club thing that hits in front and below him, then land on ground, rocket punch, then laser... I saw it at this arcade in Canada that i go to whenever I visit cousins.

I can bring Japanese TvC, but it probably won't work unless if one other person brings it. Either that or the matches will be real spread out. If there's one setup only then the tourney would probably be smaller... like 6 or 8 people... but with 2 setups, things would go twice as fast and may attract first-timers too XD.

Moooose

Smash Champion
I'll be bringing a setup with music/texture hacks, and a TV. No worries, my textures/music aren't distracting, they're the talk of the town! Make sure you save your replays on my Wii if you want games recorded, since I finally configured my Mac to use my capture card (so I can record while in MI). You'll know it's mine when the results screen says SAVE REPLAY.

Also, I'll be bringing along the files needed to hack Wiis, if anyone needs. And Brawl+/pBrawl! Those will be off, but I can enable them later on if people want to mess around with them. And I have a tri-wing screwdriver, if still needed.

EDIT: I can take up to 4 other people with me in my hatchback from Ann Arbor. It's about a 10-15 minute drive from my house to the mall, so it's not too much trouble.
that would be beast. could i reserve a spot?

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
michigan playurz... thats cool. if you have another tourney in the near future me and a few others might be able to make it just for the lulz. as long as you have melee

DerkTheJerk

Smash Journeyman
Also, I'll Be Bringing Along The Files Needed To Hack Wiis, If Anyone Needs. And Brawl+/pbrawl! Those Will Be Off, But I Can Enable Them Later On If People Want To Mess Around With Them. And I Have A Tri-wing Screwdriver, If Still Needed.
Yes Please!!!!!!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Hmm maybe I should host a Smashfest. Or at the very least I may invite just a few people over and have them spend the night/smash/get trashed ;)
I actually might come to that if it's on Thursday or Friday.

NOOOOOO I forgot that I've got a Harlem Globetrotter game to go to that day!

I'll try to talk out of it.
Hmm, watch the Globetrotters do amusing but ultimately pointless things with basketball or watch me do amusing but ultimately pointless things with Dedede.

Tough call.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Alright, if it'll be a bother, I can always take off the music and textures and leave the infinite replay time and tags. But I still want to leave the Dragonball Z Theme song for the menu music...just to fit the theme. ;)

Still trying to decide if I can come. If I'm reasonable with my money, I should be able to last until my birthday...at the end of March, where I'll be getting more money. I just don't want my parents to pay for my gas eventually one day, they do enough for me, which is why I'm debating whether to wait until LoLis comes around a couple weeks afterward. I figure if I bust my *** to find a job working hard every weekend, why not reward myself with a tournament? :p

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
I got people talking about they want to play before MBZ.

Okay screw it:

Is anyone up for a Smashfest on Friday night in Ferndale,MI at my friends place? If enough people want to do this I can probably pull it off. May also be able to have a few people spend the night (if you bribe me with alcohol I probably won't deny you)

For a backup plan I can still have a few people over at my place in Pleasant Ridge. Its just small is all. But if I can't do a smashfest and no one else can then a few people can come over for a little practice session. SamuraiPanda is within walking distance I may be able to coax him over if his schooling allows him.

Thoughts?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Where in Ferndale specifically? I'm in but if it's >30 minutes away from my house (read: downtown Birmingham) I might not come.

Top Bottom