• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Ball Z-Jan 23-Waterford MI MELEE CONFIRMED

Gates

Banned via Warnings
GodzSon, we didn't get to team at LoLiS5 since I wasn't there so do you wanna team for this?

Vert, if GodzSon doesn't want to team with me and you feel like carrying I'll team with you (MK/Dedede).

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Lol I don't want to carry anyone or be carried but if it comes down to it and neither of us have a partner by then I'll probably say "What the hell, why not?"

After getting 4th in doubles at Digi-Ops with Sumer I started caring about doubles actually loll

Boxxy

Smash Lord
gates if u pick up vh i'll throw away your venu fee/pay some gas money. and i need a dubz partner also =[

Boxxy

Smash Lord
stfu D:

but do that gates. be the kind, college student who ran over my mailbox and pick up vh

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I don't want no gays money. We have too much bromance at MI tourneys as it is.

By 696 and Woodward you mean like 11 mile right? Sure, I can pick you up around there.

And that mailbox attacked me. >.>

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah well...uh...

....maybe you should work on throwing more ice blocks and less controllers?

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
There's no such thing as too much bromance!

And lol mailbox..

But to more specific my house is like in between 9 and 10 Mile/696 off Woodward Avenue. I could give you the address. I would be eternally grateful.

Advertisement time:

I still need a dubs partner! Hit me up if you're interested...or I'll shank someone :o

Gates

Banned via Warnings
There's no such thing as too much bromance!
When the balls touch, it's too much bromance.

But to more specific my house is like in between 9 and 10 Mile/696 off Woodward Avenue. I could give you the address. I would be eternally grateful.
Sure, PM it to me and I'll see what I can do.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Lol I believe when the balls touch that's less like bromance and more like gay sex. But were not going to get into that one lol

And sure I'll PM you my address in just a few. Thanks :)

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
me and mani could throw in some gas money if thats the prob.
That's not the problem. It's my car. It's VERY hard to handle on slick roads and I don't want to take the risk of getting in an accident. It really depends on the weather. I may also just take my brothers van. But either way I requested the day off from work. I'll let you know if I get it off.

Boxxy, I'll team with you if you wanna give it a go. We've both gotten a lot better since our last time teaming. I can Pit/DDD/Weegee/Wario Let me know if I come and you're interested.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Arc, since when can you play Dedede? Did all those Dededecides make you jealous? :p

Boxxy

Smash Lord
Boxxy, I'll team with you if you wanna give it a go. We've both gotten a lot better since our last time teaming. I can Pit/DDD/Weegee/Wario Let me know if I come and you're interested.
asked L a little bit ago, but if he cant make it or has other plans i'm totally down with it :)

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Gates: Thanks again for the ride. I shall treat you to more D3 dittos :D

Lol I'm the only that finds those fun. Mainly because D3 is lulzy to me.

Except when he has his giant penguin hands on my baby :(

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
I call dibs on The Mann as a doubles partner if he goes :)

Hmm I should invite people over my place so I can get some training in. My place is so small though >_<

I just need to get some training in period. I need to buy that stuff in the supermarket that makes the rust come off magically.

BigDaddy4

Smash Journeyman
SoPo DI!!!!!!

i will team

SoPo DI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol is it gonna be like how Smash64 and Infern go around shouting God Kais at tournies you and i are gonna shout SoPo DI?

anywho, might as well do some advertising of my own: Amane (the only girl who played at Lolis 5 lol) is holding a smashfast in Milford the day friday before the tourney. There will be Brawl, Melee, 64, and I believe Brawl+ among other possible games. details here:
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8476

personally im 50/50 on going to the smashfest because of work, but if i do come watch me **** Boxxy at Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games :D

BigDaddy4

Smash Journeyman
That's not the problem. It's my car. It's VERY hard to handle on slick roads and I don't want to take the risk of getting in an accident. It really depends on the weather. I may also just take my brothers van. But either way I requested the day off from work. I'll let you know if I get it off.

Since when did you use anyone besides pit O_o

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
eah im 50/50 about amane's smashfest but im sure me ham rogu will go boxxy we could give u a ride if u need it

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I don't really wanna drive 45 minutes for a smashfest, sry.

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
Since when did you use anyone besides pit O_o
Haha! No worries, I still main Pit! He's still my most well adapted character. I just needed some other characters to cover matchups I still haven't gotten the hang of. Pit isn't going anywhere :D

Edit: Just saw the thing about the smash fest. I was curious if there would be housing there if me and two other people came?

Boxxy

Smash Lord
i really doubt it. it says its like 6-10 lol. And i'll only play you at the winter olympic games =[ oh and Arc i'll team with you this tourney.

WE NEED SET UPS ALSO!!!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'll most likely show up to this.

My attendance is 100% dependent on the weather that weekend.

Thanks for adding Melee.

Xatic

Smash Lord
Venue Fee: $5
Singles: $10
Teams: $10 per person

Payout
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

4 Stock
8 Minute timer
Items are set to "off"
Team Attack ON for teams
Wobbling is allowed
Ice Climbers Freeze Glitch is banned
Techniques such as Jigglypuff's rising pound or Peach's wall bomber are permitted only for recovery purposes, but banned for any stalling purposes.

-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players

-Players may choose to have a double-blind pick for the first match (telling someone what character they'll be picking that is not their opponent), Basically how this works is you have a person not playing come over and you tell them who you will be picking, then after that your opponent will tell the same person who they will be picking, after this both player will pick the character they have said to the agreed personel. Failure to pick the character they were supposed to will result in a forfeit of match one.

-Controller Port disputes are settled via Rock Paper scissors. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

-Players are allowed to ban ONE stage before the first match. Whether it be neutral or a counterpick stage is up to them.

-After match one. The loser will pick their counter-pick stage. immediately after the winner will choose their character. and then the loser can choose theirs. The winner cannot switch upon seeing the loser's character selection.

-"Coaching" (the act of telling a friend what to do in a tournament situation) is not allowed DURING a match. You can however give them advice inbetween matches (like where to counterpick, what they're doing wrong, etc.).

Starter Stages:
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams (not in teams)
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stages:
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Dream Land: Green Greens (not in teams)
DK Island: Jungle Japes
F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City (not in teams)
Kanto Skies: Poke Floats
Lylat System: Corneria
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Boxxy

Smash Lord
alright yeah we NEED SET UPS! still need to confirm the times with the church as well

D

Deleted member

GodzSon, we didn't get to team at LoLiS5 since I wasn't there so do you wanna team for this?

Vert, if GodzSon doesn't want to team with me and you feel like carrying I'll team with you (MK/Dedede).
Yayo.

I'm not 100% sure if I'm going yet though. If I do I'll bring a full setup too.

Top Bottom