• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Micaiah for Brawl *Radiant Dawn Spoilers*

NukeA6

Smash Master
Micaiah should be in Brawl, isn't she like the most important female in the Fire Emblem series?
I can't think of any other who has status near hers. There's Ayra but she just has a big fanbase in Japan. She was only important during one chapter of the game.

And there's Lyn who has a huge fanbase in the States but she wasn't as important as Eliwood.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I can't think of any other who has status near hers. There's Ayra but she just has a big fanbase in Japan. She was only important during one chapter of the game.

And there's Lyn who has a huge fanbase in the States but she wasn't as important as Eliwood.
There were also Celica (Fire Emblem: Gaiden) and Eirika (Sacred Stones), but they're pretty well hated due to being from the worst two games in the series. Which yeah, basically leaves Micaiah as the most important female character of the series.

Zevox

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
There were also Celica (Fire Emblem: Gaiden) and Eirika (Sacred Stones), but they're pretty well hated due to being from the worst two games in the series. Which yeah, basically leaves Micaiah as the most important female character of the series.

Zevox
SS was not bad, but Erika was.

Michaiah would be like Zelda except more close range and no Sheik.

NukeA6

Smash Master

Zevox
I could've sworn that Celica was popular. I guess that was all Sheeda (who's a secondary character in FE1 and FE3)

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I could've sworn that Celica was popular. I guess that was all Sheeda (who's a secondary character in FE1 and FE3)
But sheeda's not a lord, just a normal recruit (storywise, she would be a lord though. Maybe they'll fix it in the remake).

Never heard of Celica.

And I like Eirika. She just no well liked by everyone else.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
But sheeda's not a lord, just a normal recruit (storywise, she would be a lord though. Maybe they'll fix it in the remake).

Never heard of Celica.

And I like Eirika. She just no well liked by everyone else.
Erika is a sad excuse for a lord.

Celica is a discontinued car.

Also, why would they change the guy's class?

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
Come on, Sakurai! You expressed that you wanted more female characters, and Micaiah is the next best character to fill that spot (besides Krystal, but whatever...). I'd find it astonishing if another male sword-user like Marth makes it into this game and not Micaiah.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Marthgreil: Sheeda is a girl, she's a Pegasus Knight in FE1/3. She's also the romantic female lead of the game and being decently plot important.

She isn't a Lord, however she's got the same rank of importance as the likes of Oswin and Marcus in 7.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Come on, Sakurai! You expressed that you wanted more female characters, and Micaiah is the next best character to fill that spot (besides Krystal, but whatever...). I'd find it astonishing if another male sword-user like Marth makes it into this game and not Micaiah.
Krystal? D:

I for one approve of Micaiah for Brawl. I'm not much of a Fire Emblem fan, and admittedly have only played a few of the games, but just enough to know who she is. I mean, what else of a perfect choice for a female Brawl character? Lyn's sadly been treated with the Assist Trophy treatment, so we need another leading lady from Fire Emblem to make a move!

Also, if I recall, Krystal is the reason for the game that ruined the Star Fox franchise for most people... Blasted distress signal... Shouldn't have gone for it Fox... Shouldn't have gone...

Hong

The Strongest
I actually see Micaiah as being far from a Zelda variation. I see her as being the "heaviest caster", which isn't exactly heavy compared to the other characters in Brawl, but about Mario's weight. I say this because being a lord, Micaiah is just a bit tougher than average casters and it could reflect on that in Brawl.

I could also see her carrying a staff as a weapon, since Fire Emblem 10 featured staff attacks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz05IFpXlog
Zelda couldn't do that! Even though Micaiah kind of had a bond bonus boosting her power. xP

Anyways, I think many of Micaiah's weaker attacks could be staff attacks and her stronger attacks could use light magic. Her special moves could be status effect staffs or more explosive light magic, possibly utilizing a warp staff as a recovery (albeit that might be too Zelda-ish). I can definately see her using her exclusive light magic, Seini since it's wrong to put in a Fire Emblem character and not give them their exclusive weaponry and abilities.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Micaiah would be good for Brawl, however there is a female character I wish for more (even if Neph has no time, Neph is a beast of a Lancer). Also a Femme Swordmaster (who's costumes cover 4-5 different games) would be awesome too, but that's just me.

Yeah, I know Fir and Neph have no chance and the last femme hopes are Sheeda and Micaiah, but it's fun to dream.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmmmmm.
Micaiah is not a very fast person, is she?

I would really, really love to see her, but since Ike is so horribly slow and heavy, I could see Sakurai choosing a very fast swordsman as an antithesis to him...
Although I suppose Micaiah could have very fast tilts... and maybe she could run quickly?
Actually, what is Ike's running speed like... nobody ever dashes in those videos... *scratches head*

... I wants Micaiaaaaaah!

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Hmmmmm.

I would really, really love to see her, but since Ike is so horribly slow and heavy, I could see Sakurai choosing a very fast swordsman as an antithesis to him...
Although I suppose Micaiah could have very fast tilts... and maybe she could run quickly?
Actually, what is Ike's running speed like... nobody ever dashes in those videos... *scratches head*

I definitely think she would be fast though. Most mages are fast.

If Sakurai indeed want a fast swordsman, it would be Marth, obviously.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Chido is at his 999th post!
Use the 1000th well!

Well, mages probably are usually fast...
And I guess it's not technically important to balance out stats in the representation of a franchise... it just seems like something that would happen with the Fire Emblem franchise considering the great wealth of characters that can be chosen from and the nature of the potential characters... and stuff.
It wouldn't be such a concern to me if Ike was in any way balanced, but he's stronger and slower than frikkin Bowser. Which is especially jarring considering how fast he apparently is in the games... Doesn't seem like a suitable representative of swordsmen in FE in general...

I would make a purdy moveset for the girl if I wouldn't have to spoil the game for myself for the sake of research.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Hmmmmm.

I think people are getting a little confused with this Ike matter. Ike's running speed inself is not that slow, it's his attack speed that is abysmal.

I could see IS and Sakurai working on a character (Micaiah) to shed this image of the Fire Emblem series that it's not only just about sword fighters.

Here are Micaiah's growths in FE10(I'm pretty sure).
Micaiah:
Hp: 40%
Str: 15%
Mag: 80%
Skl : 40%
Spd: 35%
Luk: 80%
Def: 20%
Res: 90%

With Micaiah's low HP and Def growths I would expect her to be able to be knocked around quite a bit by a strong attack and have low weight. Her speed is low so I would expect her to be around Zelda's speed perhaps a little faster. With that 80% mag growth she would have very very strong magical attacks (Perhaps around Ganon's power in Melee?), with her high luck growth perhaps they could implement that by giving her a very good roll and spot-dodge.

-Knight

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Chido is at his 999th post!
Use the 1000th well!
Sure will!! Oh... Gosh darn it!

I think people are getting a little confused with this Ike matter. Ike's running speed inself is not that slow, it's his attack speed that is abysmal.

I could see IS and Sakurai working on a character (Micaiah) to shed this image of the Fire Emblem series that it's not only just about sword fighters.

Here are Micaiah's growths in FE10(I'm pretty sure).
Micaiah:
Hp: 40%
Str: 15%
Mag: 80%
Skl : 40%
Spd: 35%
Luk: 80%
Def: 20%
Res: 90%

With Micaiah's low HP and Def growths I would expect her to be able to be knocked around quite a bit by a strong attack and have low weight. Her speed is low so I would expect her to be around Zelda's speed perhaps a little faster. With that 80% mag growth she would have very very strong magical attacks (Perhaps around Ganon's power in Melee?), with her high luck growth perhaps they could implement that by giving her a very good roll and spot-dodge.

-Knight
Nice! Now we got stats!

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
Krystal? D:

I for one approve of Micaiah for Brawl. I'm not much of a Fire Emblem fan, and admittedly have only played a few of the games, but just enough to know who she is. I mean, what else of a perfect choice for a female Brawl character? Lyn's sadly been treated with the Assist Trophy treatment, so we need another leading lady from Fire Emblem to make a move!

Also, if I recall, Krystal is the reason for the game that ruined the Star Fox franchise for most people... Blasted distress signal... Shouldn't have gone for it Fox... Shouldn't have gone...
I didn't mean I wanted Krystal in Brawl. I'm just saying she'd be very suitable for Brawl (for good or for bad). But honestly, I don't care about Krystal. :/

Anywho, now that Brawl's delayed and Fire Emblem 10 will be released in the US before then, I'd say it gives Micaiah more chances of getting in. The delay is a good thing. Without it, her chances of getting in would be lower.

Rakath

Smash Ace
I didn't mean I wanted Krystal in Brawl. I'm just saying she'd be very suitable for Brawl (for good or for bad). But honestly, I don't care about Krystal. :/

Anywho, now that Brawl's delayed and Fire Emblem 10 will be released in the US before then, I'd say it gives Micaiah more chances of getting in. The delay is a good thing. Without it, her chances of getting in would be lower.
Her chances are the same either way for two reasons:

Fire Emblem: Akatsuki no Megami has been out forever in Japan.
The fact that Fire Emblem: Fuuin no Tsurugi was released a few months after Melee and yet Roy is in Melee means release date matters not.

Even with the Dec 3rd release date, Radiant Dawn is Nov 5th, a month ahead of time.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
only thing that sucks for her is...

Roy was in Melee to promote his game which did horriable but lets hope with Mikaya she does better!^^

D

Deleted member

it didn't help that roy was awful, possibly the worst lord of any of the series. taking a standard female swordfighter character model with mediocre bases, poor growths, and an extra late promotion. What an awful combination.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
If it weren't for the Sword of Seals he would be absoloutly useless.
If it wasn't for Melee, Roy wouldn't have t3h ph13r.

But as far as advertisement goes for Micaiah, I think it wouldn't work. Since in Japan its been out since February, and Brawl has been pushed back till next year, and FE10 comes out in less than 2 weeks, advertisement is out of the question.

The only saving grace Micaiah has is her uniqueness. But that didn't save Lyn, Munchlax, or Little Mac.

All we can do is wait. Hopefully, she'll be confirmed on 11/05. If not, I fear the worse.

EDIT:: By the way you seen IGN lately? Its overrun by FE10 ads! All featuring Ike and Micaiah. I guess Nintendo acknowledges that they are the stars of this game!

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
If it wasn't for Melee, Roy wouldn't have t3h ph13r.

But as far as advertisement goes for Micaiah, I think it wouldn't work. Since in Japan its been out since February, and Brawl has been pushed back till next year, and FE10 comes out in less than 2 weeks, advertisement is out of the question.

The only saving grace Micaiah has is her uniqueness. But that didn't save Lyn, Munchlax, or Little Mac.

All we can do is wait. Hopefully, she'll be confirmed on 11/05. If not, I fear the worse.

EDIT:: By the way you seen IGN lately? Its overrun by FE10 ads! All featuring Ike and Micaiah. I guess Nintendo acknowledges that they are the stars of this game!
So if Micaiah was put into Brawl party because she'd advertise FE10, she'd now be taken out because of Brawl's new date? Regardless if Brawl comes out in Feb, 10 if Micaiah is in it's still going to garner more sales for FE10 because people will be curious about her. It's still advertistment it just many not have as great of an effect as before brawl new date.

When it comes to uniqueness Micaiah is (I'm sad to say) more unique than Lyndis, therefore that may give her the edge she needed to be included into Brawl.

I don't see why IS would want the Fire Emblem series to be represented as only being about swords (even though there are many varations in style), it's not really good for sales of the franchise as a whole to be regarded as nothing but bland and boring sword fighters by the general public.

-Knight

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
So if Micaiah was put into Brawl party because she'd advertise FE10, she'd now be taken out because of Brawl's new date? Regardless if Brawl comes out in Feb, 10 if Micaiah is in it's still going to garner more sales for FE10 because people will be curious about her. It's still advertistment it just many not have as great of an effect as before brawl new date.

When it comes to uniqueness Micaiah is (I'm sad to say) more unique than Lyndis, therefore that may give her the edge she needed to be included into Brawl.

I don't see why IS would want the Fire Emblem series to be represented as only being about swords (even though there are many varations in style), it's not really good for sales of the franchise as a whole to be regarded as nothing but bland and boring sword fighters by the general public.

-Knight
You're right on the money there.

But we're just going to wait and see now won't we.

Rakath

Smash Ace
I had an interesting thought (though technically for a playable Mist) that wouldd make a more dynamic Micaiah or Mist playable: Staves.

Now, in Akatsuki no Megami Staves can be used as both weapon and healing (when used as a weapon they do nothing damage with a nothing critical and only a saving accuracy and weight).

Now, this was originally an idea for Mist, having Mist's Up and Down specials being Staff tricks, and her Standard and Side specials being Sword tricks. After using a Standard or Side she has out her Florette (stronger attacks, nothing special about them) and after using her Up and Down specials she has out a Healing Stave (which does almost no damage at all, has no kick, but does minor healing effects on her as she fights).

Now, this idea could also be applied to Micaiah, only instead of Florette it'd be Seini. And it'd be a Light Tome and not a Sword. It would mean Micaiah would have double the set of Standard attacks (except maybe taunts and throws), but it'd make her a bit more unique. Opinions?

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I had an interesting thought (though technically for a playable Mist) that wouldd make a more dynamic Micaiah or Mist playable: Staves.

Now, in Akatsuki no Megami Staves can be used as both weapon and healing (when used as a weapon they do nothing damage with a nothing critical and only a saving accuracy and weight).

Now, this was originally an idea for Mist, having Mist's Up and Down specials being Staff tricks, and her Standard and Side specials being Sword tricks. After using a Standard or Side she has out her Florette (stronger attacks, nothing special about them) and after using her Up and Down specials she has out a Healing Stave (which does almost no damage at all, has no kick, but does minor healing effects on her as she fights).

Now, this idea could also be applied to Micaiah, only instead of Florette it'd be Seini. And it'd be a Light Tome and not a Sword. It would mean Micaiah would have double the set of Standard attacks (except maybe taunts and throws), but it'd make her a bit more unique. Opinions?
Who knows. Maybe she will get a staff. But I rather her not to.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Who knows. Maybe she will get a staff. But I rather her not to.
Seeing how every FE character (or any character in Smash) uses there strongest weapon in their game for Smash, it would only make sense that Micaiah would use a staff in Brawl (since a staff is her strongest weapon by the end of the game).

Top Bottom