• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Micaiah for Brawl *Radiant Dawn Spoilers*

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Seeing how every FE character (or any character in Smash) uses there strongest weapon in their game for Smash, it would only make sense that Micaiah would use a staff in Brawl (since a staff is her strongest weapon by the end of the game).
I guess your right. But mages aren't supposed to carry staves until they promote. They're more known to carry books. But then again, Ike has his Ragnell and he's not supposed to get it till he promotes.

Guess its a possibility.

Drake3

Smash Ace
It would be great seeing her hit people with a book, but they're probably just going to give her a staff if she makes Brawl.

More importantly, I can't find Path of Radiance anywheeeere and I really want to play Radiant Dawn. Dawn comes out...very soon actually and I'm wondering if I can just skip to it without playing PoR.

Rakath

Smash Ace
It would be great seeing her hit people with a book, but they're probably just going to give her a staff if she makes Brawl.

More importantly, I can't find Path of Radiance anywheeeere and I really want to play Radiant Dawn. Dawn comes out...very soon actually and I'm wondering if I can just skip to it without playing PoR.
You can, but you lose out on some things:

For starters, a complete FE9 savefile with LV20 Promoted characters gives some stat boosts to their reappearances in 10. Also certain conversations won't happen without the savefile, and Any A rank Supports in 9 become a Dodge boost in 10. Otherwise, the game doesn't need the previous game data to go through.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
You can, but you lose out on some things:

For starters, a complete FE9 savefile with LV20 Promoted characters gives some stat boosts to their reappearances in 10. Also certain conversations won't happen without the savefile, and Any A rank Supports in 9 become a Dodge boost in 10. Otherwise, the game doesn't need the previous game data to go through.
realy? then I am glad I bought fire emblem Path of Radiance, and I also have fire emblem(gba) to boost it, sweet! I must get FE10!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
realy? then I am glad I bought fire emblem Path of Radiance, and I also have fire emblem(gba) to boost it, sweet! I must get FE10!
You have to beat PoR though to get those stat-boosts, Im avoiding this thread until i get a chance to get the game or beat it, if not guess im saving up for Brawl.

Mikaya 4 BRAWL!

P.S. I dont care how people spell her name.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Thank god I already have a completed save file. But I'm trying to beat it again.

I'm in Chapter 19 of PoR after playing about 1 week. Hope I can make it before 11/05.

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
I want her in, a person from FE that does not uses a sword (we all ready have 4 swordmens confirm in SSBB and if Ganondorf gets in it will be 5), a female charcter, and new type of fighter Magic users.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I want her in, a person from FE that does not uses a sword (we all ready have 4 swordmens confirm in SSBB and if Ganondorf gets in it will be 5), a female charcter, and new type of fighter Magic users.
Ganon could or could not use his sword

GenG

Smash Lord
I don't know what's wrong with FE swordmen, since the sword users from other series are deviations. If you want to play with a real swordman, you have to pick Ike or Marth. Link, Metaknight and Pit have swords but play very different, don't have the technique and the style of a pure FE swordman.

Fire Emblem main characters have all swords, that's a fact, and can't fight against that. Swordmen are fine when they are different.

And Micaiah isn't the only magician out there. Zelda (magician); Ness, Lucas, Mewtwo (psychics); Ganondorf (warlock); Hans (geomancer); Geno (wizard)... to name some characters with different magic styles, just like the sword styles. People is giving her too much credit for her uniqueness to the point of bashing the rest of FE characters.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
And Micaiah isn't the only magician out there. Zelda (magician); Ness, Lucas, Mewtwo (psychics); Ganondorf (warlock); Hans (geomancer); Geno (wizard)... to name some characters with different magic styles, just like the sword styles. People is giving her too much credit for her uniqueness to the point of bashing the rest of FE characters.
Exactly, people blow Micaiah's " uniqueness" way out of proportion. Her magic attacks would for the most part just be light versions of Mewtwo's dark attacks. And with Krystal pretty much a shoe in, having a staff isn't that amazing anymore for Micaiah either. Yes she would be a unique character, but its not like shes bringing anything completely new to the table.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
It be funny to see her smacking people with a book.

One unique, methinks, thing about her is that she can heal herself with a glow from her hand but maybe other people can do that as well, IDK

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I don't know what's wrong with FE swordmen, since the sword users from other series are deviations. If you want to play with a real swordman, you have to pick Ike or Marth. Link, Metaknight and Pit have swords but play very different, don't have the technique and the style of a pure FE swordman.

Fire Emblem main characters have all swords, that's a fact, and can't fight against that. Swordmen are fine when they are different.

There's nothing wrong with FE swordsmen. The thing that people are saying is that Micaiah will show the magic side of FE, which so far hasn't been represented. She would be perfect for that spot, since she is the most recent lord. Plus, mages in FE are as awesome as swordsmen.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
There's nothing wrong with FE swordsmen. The thing that people are saying is that Micaiah will show the magic side of FE, which so far hasn't been represented. She would be perfect for that spot, since she is the most recent lord. Plus, mages in FE are as awesome as swordsmen.
Thank you, this is what I was trying to promote about Micaiah the entire time. The fact will still remain that "some" people will simply want her because she's not a sword user. If I was a company that was having a character or characters represented I would want the target audience to see all the variety within that series; as in representing the magic side of the Fire Emblem series.

-Knight

GenG

Smash Lord
Chidosengan said:
I was checking my mail box and 3 posts notifications from this thread were basically "We don't need more swordmen", "Magic is amazing", "Swords are boring"... so I had the urge to point that.

Characters are playable because they are worthy and timeless classics, not because unrepresentation of one certain weapon among dozens in a particular series or novelty value.

The way some people are putting it, is like if Sakurai didn't add Micaiah he would ruin the FE roster with swords only... which makes me sad. Magic isn't that important for FE. Swords are, as the main characters use swords and the best weapons which can harm evil and finish the final boss are swords.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Exactly, people blow Micaiah's " uniqueness" way out of proportion. Her magic attacks would for the most part just be light versions of Mewtwo's dark attacks.
Now this is just completely wrong.

Micaiah is the only one here besides maybe Zelda who actually uses real magic, which could make her capable of doing all sorts of things... kind of.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
For example?
Considering that SSBB isn't exactly canon to the characters franchise. Micaiah could using any and all light magic in the entire FE series. (I think light magic started in FE4, but if it didn't can someone please tell me what game light magic orginated in?).

I highly suggest you watch the Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn critical collection, they show Micaiah using some awesome spells that could be incorporated into her moveset if she's included in Brawl.

-Knight

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I've already seen it.

And i never said Micaiah wouldn't be a good character, because she would be. Shes actually the next FE rep i want in (after Marth).

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Considering that SSBB isn't exactly canon to the characters franchise. Micaiah could using any and all light magic in the entire FE series. (I think light magic started in FE4, but if it didn't can someone please tell me what game light magic orginated in?).

I highly suggest you watch the Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn critical collection, they show Micaiah using some awesome spells that could be incorporated into her moveset if she's included in Brawl.

-Knight
LINK ME PLZ

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
Human Nike has the most anti-climatic crit.

Anyway, how can they make it so she won't be like a Zelda clone.

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah. Magic can be used in more ways than a sword or fist. It becomes even more expanded considering she can kill a freakin' dragon using a staff. I think she'd be heavier than the other casters in Brawl, but still relatively light. (A rank above Lucas.)

Drake3

Smash Ace
Anyway, how can they make it so she won't be like a Zelda clone.
Well, she has a staff, the bird, and light magic. The latter being the one with infinite possibilities. The only similar move she will have to Zelda will be Up+B because I'm sure they would make it a teleportesque move.

Top Bottom