• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Micaiah for Brawl *Radiant Dawn Spoilers*

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Micaiah is one of two main characters in the recently released in North America Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Her first tier class is Light Mage and she uses only Light magic but she also has the unique skill healing hand which can heal her allies, this obviously can't be used in Brawl. She then at the end of part one promotes into a Light Sage where she gains a staff and then her final promtion is into Light Priestess when she gains the Dawnlight skill which ignores enemies resistance when she attacks.

Micaiah's Healing Hand​

Expect Spoilers here.

Micaiah is a branded, she is part Heron which explains why she can speak the ancient language, some of the Laguz in her army are unsure of whether or not to trust her at first because she is a branded in hiding.
Micaiah is also the vessel to the dark goddess Yune which also takes the form of the little bird that follows her around. The Dark Goddess is not evil unlike many think, neither is the Light Goddess Ashera (even though she's the final boss) they are two parts of the one goddess split apart.
She is the elder sister of the Apostle Sanaki who was thought to be dead and is thus the true successor to Apostle Misaha.

Micaiah reveals her Mark of the Branded.

Spoilers will be less frequent from now on.

Why would Micaiah be good in Brawl?
Well Micaiah would be good in Brawl because of several reasons. The first of all would be she is female, the SSB series lacks females and the FE series lacks popular Female Lords but Micaiah is popular and a "lord". Another reason would be is she is brand new and fresh on everybody's minds, allthough some people can't remember her name or spell it correctly. My final main point is that she is unique, as a user of Light Magic she would bring a whole new gameplay element in, Magic! Allthough Zelda uses Magic it's very watered down well Micaiah could improve on that.

If she's in that means Sothe has to be too right?
No this is not true, contrary to popular belief Sothe is not a lord. Sothe has the class called Rogue which is a generic class shared by someone else called Heather, he then promotes into Espion a generic 3rd tier class, after part 1 he can also die without it being game over. Micaiah on the other hand is the lead lord of part 1 and parts of part 4, she plays a very important role to the story, she's possibly the most important character in the game. Micaiah and Sothe do not come as a package anymore than Marth and Jeigan, Sigurd and Cuan, Celice and Oifaye, Roy and Marcus, Eliwood and Marcus, Eirika and Seth, Ephraim and Orson or Ike and Titania. Sothe is Micaiah's Jeigan.

Micaiah is the first lord to use magic right?
That isn't true, Celica from Fire Emblem Gaiden (FE2) used both Magic and Swords allthough Fire Emblem Gaiden is usually considered the worst of the series and usually ignored

Some other questions you my have about Micaiah.

I thought it was Mikaya?
Well that was the common spelling but more recent translations spell it Micaiah so that is generally accepted as fact.

How is she linked to Sothe?
Micaiah is Sothe's older sister allthough they are not related by blood. She is the person that Sothe talked about in his FE9 supports.

Ya'll come back now ya hear?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I was thinking of making a thread for all FE magic users called FE magic users but then I remembered there was a magic thread so I made one for Mikaya.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of a FE magic user. The only thing with this one is that we still know nothing about her. I mean has it even been confirmed for sure that she is one of the main lords other then the fact that she has been revealed in the trailor?

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Ok, don't get me wrong. I'm not flaming, but this is ridiculous. We don't need a thread for every FE character under the sun. Search, use the broad, general topics for your ideas. I really enjoy coming here ( and don't get me wrong, I have posted some stupid crap too) but this has gotta stop. All these excess threads are taking up bandwith, which is eventually going to lead to more advertising, or God forbid, mandatory donations/paid accounts. I seriously doubt they would ever do that to us, but desperate times......

This is a FE mage, so use the FE MAGE thread......

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=84697&highlight=fire+emblem

Or the general FE characters thread......

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=75690&highlight=fire+emblem

or this.....

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=81488&highlight=fire+emblem

or this.....

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=75398&highlight=fire+emblem

or this....

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=74387&highlight=fire+emblem

or this....

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=71515&highlight=fire+emblem

or this....

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=71517&highlight=fire+emblem

plus the fact that there are 8 character specific threads not including the ones you started.

If I am crossing the line then by all means, admins let me know. But I don't want to see the boards swamped with a million and a half FE character threads when we could condense these into 2 maybe 3 at the most.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Yeah but this one is an important lord and Sadaharu Inui I never said she was from Elibe I said Tellius.

She isn't confirmed to be the lord but the thingo goes back to her immediatly with the thing and yeah.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Yeah but this one is an important lord and Sadaharu Inui I never said she was from Elibe I said Tellius.

She isn't confirmed to be the lord but the thingo goes back to her immediatly with the thing and yeah.
That bears no importance here. Bowser should have his own thread because he is Mario's main enemy WTF NO! I was trying to be nice about this, but this thread is spam and you know it. You're opinion doesn't rain supreme around here Xian (that right is reserved for McFox, Mic, and Koichi).

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Why doesn't she deserve a thread, I want her in, I like her so I made a thread to see if anyone else liked her or wanted her in, this isn't one of my crappy suggestions like Mike or Glover, this is one of my better more serious, more realistic suggestions like Tom Nook, Wolf, Ridley and Diddy.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
xianfeng said:
I think that Mikaya would be way better representation for Elibe than Ike, Ike has a sword boring, Ike's body structure is the same as Marth's he could easily be a clone.
GJ.

Ike has a rough sword style he learned from his father, a former General from a tough army and a mercenary. Marth has a very formal sword style he learned from Jeigan, his country's Knight Commander. They wouldn't be clones of each other. Ragnell is also a more bulky blade than Falchion.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
My mind must have been elsewhere when I made this thread... Ike has a larger chance to be a clone than Mikaya does plus I just don't find Ike interesting at all.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
What i say to EVERYONE else that suggest ANYONE from FE10

No. Sakurai wont be advertising new people in the next Brawl, he is taking suggestions from fans now ala poll, not orders ala Roy.

Also, there is NO reason to advertise FE10 anyways. The only reason Roy was in melee in the first place ws because the mainstream fans of FE havent played a FE game since FE4 in 1996. Thracia 776 was released in 1999 for the snes by magazine order(thus little sales)then in 2000 by retail....very few fans ever got their hands on this game obviously(in comparison to FE4, a very graceful 240,000+ copies was bad for a FE game....). So they took the oppurtunity of meele to advertise their new FE game in 2001 to try to recapture FE might, it sorta worked, but it never was the same.

FE now has games poping out twice a year, no need toadvertise it now, when awareness is high.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Now, I don't know anything about the FE series. As such, I can't really have an opinion on which FE character deserves it more than another. Therefore, if you really want to convice people like me that Mikaya should be in Brawl, you've really got to sell the idea of the character, and this:

Mikaya is a light mage or monk or whatever.
she is unique and coolish looking, that and I would prefer her over Ike.
seriously isn't cutting it. I can't support a 'coolish looking monk or whatever.'

xianfeng

Smash Hero
No. Sakurai wont be advertising new people in the next Brawl, he is taking suggestions from fans now ala poll, not orders ala Roy.
Because of course you know everything all great and mighty Manashima you know exactly what Sakurai will and won't do

Also, there is NO reason to advertise FE10 anyways. The only reason Roy was in melee in the first place ws because the mainstream fans of FE havent played a FE game since FE4 in 1996. Thracia 776 was released in 1999 for the snes by magazine order(thus little sales)then in 2000 by retail....very few fans ever got their hands on this game obviously(in comparison to FE4, a very graceful 240,000+ copies was bad for a FE game....). So they took the oppurtunity of meele to advertise their new FE game in 2001 to try to recapture FE might, it sorta worked, but it never was the same.
I never said she would be in for advertising I said to boost female numbers and because she is unique.

FE now has games poping out twice a year, no need toadvertise it now, when awareness is high
I never mentioned advertising, Don't jump to conclusions you may fall short.

How about this then Hidden Tiger.

Mikaya is the lord in the newest Fire Emblem title Goddess of Dawn for the Wii (It will be the 10th for Japan and 4th for everywhere else). From what has been revealed from the game Mikaya is a light mage or monk (I'm not sure on her exact title yet) and Magic is sorely under used in Smash Bros, it is used only by Zelda and that is a pretty pitiful use of magic. Smash Brothers not only lacks Magic users but it also lacks females in which Mikaya is one of. Fire Emblem will get some more representation in this game but most of their lords are Sword weilders and a lot of people have been complaining about the amount of swordsmen in the game so I propose an alternate a unique, female, non-sword weilding Fire Emblem character.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
The only way her chances are gonna increase is if FE10 is released before Brawl. Don't care whether it gets released in Japan first or North America first.

I do have a shred of support for Miyaka and what she can bring to the table, however.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I doubt it would be released afterwards I don't think Brawl's coming out until like Christmas, I expect goddess of Dawn to come out around Winter time.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Mikaya is the lord in the newest Fire Emblem title Goddess of Dawn for the Wii (It will be the 10th for Japan and 4th for everywhere else). From what has been revealed from the game Mikaya is a light mage or monk (I'm not sure on her exact title yet) and Magic is sorely under used in Smash Bros, it is used only by Zelda and that is a pretty pitiful use of magic. Smash Brothers not only lacks Magic users but it also lacks females in which Mikaya is one of. Fire Emblem will get some more representation in this game but most of their lords are Sword weilders and a lot of people have been complaining about the amount of swordsmen in the game so I propose an alternate a unique, female, non-sword weilding Fire Emblem character.
That's better. That makes sense to me now. A lot more than 'coolish looking'. I still can't say that she deserves it any more than any other FE character, but I could see her working in Brawl. You are right, Smash could use more magic users.

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
xianfeng said:
Nergal would be a way better Fire Emblem Villain he's a dark druid
The whole dark bishop thing is overused in FE, if we were going to see a villain, it'd probably be a more unique one, like the Black Knight (Laydrick would make my day :p).

If you want proof, look at the games. FE1, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8 were all basically about a dark bishop/priest/druid summoning an evil force (dragon, demon, whatever) and you have to stop it.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
"Both of these are based on opinion."

This is Xianfengs work, all opinion

"Because of course you know everything all great and mighty Manashima you know exactly what Sakurai will and won't do"

When did i say that? All i did was repeat what sakurai said in his blog

"I doubt it would be released afterwards Brawl's not coming out until like Christmas, I expect goddess of Dawn to come out around Winter time."

Xianfeng,Xianfeng....you dont know much do you? All of this stuff just comes outta your arse

FE10-February 2007
SSBB- 2007

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I dunno xianfeng - this chick looks pretty weak, like pretty much every FE mage - except for Soren :)
If we're getting any FE females, it's most likely going to be among Lyn, Ayra, Sheeda (a spear weilder BTW), and maybe Eirika. Personally I'd like to see Nephenee but I KNOW that ain't happenin'... :(

xianfeng

Smash Hero
FE10-February 2007
SSBB- 2007
Earlier then I expected, I havn't looked much into this game really I just saw the trailer and read her name (incorrectly) I still think that SSBB will come out late 2007 around Christmas.
I dunno xianfeng - this chick looks pretty weak, like pretty much every FE mage - except for Soren
There is still a chance she could be stronger.

The whole dark bishop thing is overused in FE, if we were going to see a villain, it'd probably be a more unique one, like the Black Knight (Laydrick would make my day :p).

If you want proof, look at the games. FE1, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8 were all basically about a dark bishop/priest/druid summoning an evil force (dragon, demon, whatever) and you have to stop it.
Black Knight sounds generic which is why I don't want him really and I think he's just another swordsman.

Xianfeng,Xianfeng....you dont know much do you? All of this stuff just comes outta your arse
you spelt it the british way, first yank I've ever seen do that, except frookie at gprime but he's fat and does stupid robot donces and was trying to be cool so he doesn't count.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I still want to know where the info about FE10 is. I haven't really looked much recently, but I thought that it was still veiled except for a couple more seconds more we got from yet another Wii Comnpilation video that released recently. And her name came out a while ago.

But she looks quite unique and well-designed. Looks as thoguh they actually put thought into it.
::cough:: yet another FE9 insult ::cough::
Sorry, they just happen because, well, I don't have to say it. I think the majority of my FE posts involve some sort of FE9 dis. Really, she does look good, obviously unique, female, quality representation.

Cos.

Smash Journeyman
Hhm, interesting thread. A reason to be supportive would be the fact that I can't think of too many important mage characters from FE (or even other games really :( ) that would be a proper choice for Smash. Who else could have a chance? Lilna fits the same description (until now)... but I somehow think she won't be as well known (I mean to say that I believe Mikaya will catch up with her quick enough in popularity)... (next to the fact I didn't like Lilna's stats that much... but that only a thing of personal preference (though she was one of my favorite characters in FE 6 :) )).
There are alot of other mages, sages, monks and druids (don't correct me on the names... I'm aware there are other and more magic classes) but when I think abot them they all seem to slowly fade away after time (I'm sure Azel was liked enough at his time... but not as many will remember him now). Anyhow after some thought the ones that compete most with her in my opinion would be Soren (also for the fact he's a cool
halfbreed
) or Lyon ( FE 8 was cool... but there were other games that were better (as far as I've read there are other people who think similarly), nonetheless I really liked Lyon, and he's still one of my favorite FE villans).

When looking at Mikaya I also saw how fragile she appears... you might have the feeling she'll fall apart when Ganon tap A's her. Then I thought of this picture I saw:

http://http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/fire1.jpg

I was somewhat :confused: at the sight... but she must be one mean magic user to take such a opponent head on. Let's not forget those 60 hp :dizzy: . The fact on who your opponent is... well is interesting enough too.
Mikaya looks promising and has possibly the best chance of the FE magic users to make it to Brawl, but can she compete with the other lords?
(I'll also mention here that I'm supportive here since FE9 was among my favorite FE games along with FE4 (I really liked the game mechanics along with the storylines) then followed by FE7 (FE8, FE6, FE2... and FE3, FE5 I can't say since I never played them... though I wasn't to tempted to play FE5 )

On a sidenote: the fact that the dark knight was a cliché, made him somehow interesting... he was a character shrouded in mystery. Also, he didn't seem wholey evil (more absolutely loyal to Ashnard and his duties) and the fact you're not sure what happens with him... make him fun. Nergal wouldn't seem to different than Ganondorf to be... but that's just my thought.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Well she is more unique than the other lords because she doesn't use a sword, she is a female too which Sakurai wants so she could have a decent shot.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
"I still want to know where the info about FE10 is."

Japanese magazine famitsu

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
OMG, I love Mikaya, I think she's going to be my favorite mage type character since Lilina(She was adorable.) Anyway I'm pretty sure when FE10 comes to American shores, Her class will be light mage or something close, I don't think she should be called a monk because that would mean she's well a guy.(Lol if anyone has see Serra's and Lucius's supports from FE7, though somehow I always knew he was a guy, maybe I watch too much anime). I think that she would make a great character for brawl.

Mikaya would be a great choice for brawl. She is a magic user which Super Smash brothers is lacking and a female character to boot. IS really designed her well she looks really cool, and I think she has a great chance of making it in Brawl( I honestly would rather see her than Ike ) she's new she's fresh and I expect she'll be very popular(lol I almost like her more than Lyn) and I don't even know that much about her other than she's supposed to be the main lord, perhaps along with Sothe, I hope not though Sothe doesn't need to take away Mikaya's lordship title, she also speaks Heron sp? a Language from FE9.

If you want more info about Mikaya you can look here:
http://www.eaichu250.superbusnet.com/fe10.php
That has some pictures of Mikaya and Sothe and a vid.(FE 10)

http://www.velthomer.net/fe10/index.html
This is a link to speculation about Mikaya.(FE10)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well I've got serval questions... First one is: how do the characters promote? I've seen alot of youtubes where the characters promote at lv 20 with a Master Seal or an item similair to it. Did they used it to show off the 3rd tier classes, or isn't there another way to promote?? Also, what are Micaiah's stats and growths like?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'd really like Micaiah to get in, and I think she has a fairly decent shot. I just hoe Sakurai doesn't think she's too new, or only wants Ike to support Tellius as a whole. Magic is quite a big part of the FE series, and Micaiah is the first mage lord.

As for Diddy Kong's question, promotions work like they have in the last few games (or FE in general, but I've only played from FE7) and use items to promote the characters. For 3rd tier promotions, there's an item called the 'Master Crown' (I think) that premotes them, but you only get a handful of them, around 10 iirc. I don't think they are class specific though. The exceptions to this rule are Micaiah, Ike and Sothe, who are force promoted at certain points in the game. I think Mist may also get her own master crown, but I'm not sure on that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Aww daymn! That's some sucky news! Well atleast Micaiah and Ike premote without an item. >_>; I was just getting used to FE9's promotion system! Bah, and SO many returning characters... Makes it hard to choose.

Btw, do still use "normal" units later in the game? I'm talking about units like Boyd, Oscar, Mia, Marcia you know. Or do you only use uber units like Tibarn, Giffca and Neasella? I've seen some YouTubes where the guy only used characters as King Caineghis and those sort of overpowered characters... Was that just a Trail Map perhaps?

Top Bottom