• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Micaiah for Brawl *Radiant Dawn Spoilers*

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Who said she's a shoe-in?

Yeah, we all have to admit, her chances are really fragile.
Her chances for inclusion are not the best, but they're certainly not one of the worst. To me she kinda has this middling feel of whether or not she'll be included. If she was confirmed as a playable character on Monday I'd lose my mind. x_x

Side-note. I really hope FE10 has Maniac mode (Super Hard Mode) for people who like a challenge. Someone did make note that RD had I'm suspecting 3 modes to start with one unlockable.

-Knight

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
And yeah, Sothe can rot in hell for all I care. It doesn't matter if he got promoted to main character, Volke is still 10x more awesome then he will ever be!
FE10 Sothe<<<Volke

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
At the very least, Sakurai should include a FE character who doesn't wield a sword. It's too stereotypical. However, if Micaiah is in, I don't mind what other FE characters are in.

Hong

The Strongest
Keep in mind, the creators of the game have some say or at least the ability to suggest certain characters if they involve their own work. If Sakurai were to say, ask for a main female lead (lord or equal) in Brawl, I think Intelligent Systems would recommend Micaiah in a heart beat for two reasons.

1) The other options are Eirika, Lyn and Celica. Do I need to say anything else?
2) They believe Super Smash Brothers Brawl would be released later that year, so it'd be a good advertisement and also a recent character that people would understand better than Roy.

Of course the second part is untrue at this point, but not like they would have known Brawl would be delayed. Of course all of this would be ruled out in an instant of Sakurai was previewing Fire Emblem games to find characters and found one he liked. In such an event, Micaiah would be much less likely but not impossible.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I did that in my first playthrough. But I read around that Sothe is good enough without having to give him stats boots from PoR.

Plus, I'm not a fan of Sothe. I ignored him completely in my second playthrough. I gave my remaining BE to my final team.
Got Sothe to level 20 in my first PT. He was kicksmash until the final level.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
has a moveset been posted here?
Moveset:

A, A = Light Punch, Magic Attack
Performs a light punch followed by a magical attack that blows the opponent away.
Side A = Magik Kick
Round-house kicks the opponent while her leg in enveloped in magic.
Down A = Light Star
Touches the ground and causes a small light ray to shoot up in front of her.
Up A = Barrier
Spins her hand above her head, forming a small barrier which can cause small damage opponents and protect her.
Air A = Magik Boost
Stops for a second, shoots magic from her body to knock opponents back.
Air Side A = Magik Push
Thrusts her arms forward and produces a high knock-back magik spell.
Air Down A = Leg Barrier
Thrusts her feet downwards and envelopes her legs in a barrier for added damage.
Air Up A = Rainbow Light
Makes a arc with her arm which leaves a magical rainbow-like trail.
Running A = Barrier Tackle
Runs at the opponent with a barrier in front of her, knocking any opponent out.
Side Smash = Light Fist
Reels back and thrusts her fist into the opponent; causing them to shoot away from magical knockback.
Down Smash = Sunny Ray
Reels back and performs a stronger Light Star which, depending on how you hold, it causes 1-3 rays.
Up Smash = Ray Kick
Reels back flips backwards causing a large lighting strike from her feet.

B = Light Diamond
Fires a very fast and powerful light spell which causes three beams to split apart and travel across the stage, crisscrossing eachother.
Side B = Yune
Micaiah goes into a trance and you are given control of the bird, Yune. You can do the following attacks: B= Pierce, Side B= Divebomb, Up B= Flight, and Down B= Grapple.
Down B = Holy Crystal
Surrounds herself in a crystal of light. Any attacks bounce of her and can cause damage. She can then release her crystal which explodes and damages anyone around her. The longer it takes damage, the stronger the final attack.
Up B= Hope
She surrounds herself in light and, with great speed, jumps extremely higher.

Grab =
A = Magik Zap (zaps the opponent with magic)
Front Throw = Shoots the opponent forward with a blast of magic.
Back Throw = Uses magic to hold the opponent and then throws it behind her.
Up Throw = Punches the opponent, flips back and kicks them upward.
Down Throw = Flies up using magic, and then using magic around her legs, kicks them back down to the ground.

Final Smash: Galdr of Release – Macaiah sings the song and transforms Yune into a giant bird of light. She jumps on top and they both perform a powerful light beam attack on the entire arena.
I think people are getting a little confused with this Ike matter. Ike's running speed inself is not that slow, it's his attack speed that is abysmal.

I could see IS and Sakurai working on a character (Micaiah) to shed this image of the Fire Emblem series that it's not only just about sword fighters.

Here are Micaiah's growths in FE10(I'm pretty sure).
Micaiah:
Hp: 40%
Str: 15%
Mag: 80%
Skl : 40%
Spd: 35%
Luk: 80%
Def: 20%
Res: 90%

With Micaiah's low HP and Def growths I would expect her to be able to be knocked around quite a bit by a strong attack and have low weight. Her speed is low so I would expect her to be around Zelda's speed perhaps a little faster. With that 80% mag growth she would have very very strong magical attacks (Perhaps around Ganon's power in Melee?), with her high luck growth perhaps they could implement that by giving her a very good roll and spot-dodge.

-Knight
Judge for yourself.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
She can crawl, she is light tier, middle tier and she cant wall jump

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
RD, just can't come soon enough, I'm almost done training my Sothe, here are his current stats:

Lv: 20
Hp: 32
Str: 20
Mag: 8
Skl: 20
Spd: 20
Lck: 25 + Ashera Icon
Def: 20
Res: 12

I was going to go all out and abuse his Res, but I think 10 is fine.

EDIT: Finalized ^_^

-Knight

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
RD, just can't come soon enough, I'm almost done training my Sothe, here are his current stats:

Lv: 20
Hp: 32
Str: 20
Mag: 8
Skl: 20
Spd: 20
Lck: 25 + Ashera Icon
Def: 20
Res: 12

I was going to go all out and abuse his Res, but I think 10 is fine.

EDIT: Finalized ^_^

-Knight

Those stats are not that bad. But they won't do you any good in the final chapter in PoR.

Btw, did you use him at all or you just lvled him up with Bonus Exps?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Those stats are not that bad. But they won't do you any good in the final chapter in PoR.

Btw, did you use him at all or you just lvled him up with Bonus Exps?
I used all BEXP, I didn't want to take the risk by using him in battle and him failing to miss capping stats. Of course I'm on Easy mode so EXP is so easy to come by (lol promoted Boyd on Chapter 8).

-Knight

Rakath

Smash Ace
Based on Micaiah's growths she should have some special defense against damage from projectiles/ranged combat what with her 90% resist growth. It'd be interesting to have a character that takes limited knockback and damage from ranged combat. Maybe even be immune to the minor damage Fox's Blaster causes.

Then again her stats and power could be completely unused in Brawl and she's just whatever Sakurai wants to use.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Based on Micaiah's growths she should have some special defense against damage from projectiles/ranged combat what with her 90% resist growth. It'd be interesting to have a character that takes limited knockback and damage from ranged combat. Maybe even be immune to the minor damage Fox's Blaster causes.

Then again her stats and power could be completely unused in Brawl and she's just whatever Sakurai wants to use.
That and if she uses a franklin badge she is kinda invincible from projectiles of all kind

Hong

The Strongest
Ike, Marth, Roy and Mewtwo is a fine example of how Sakurai won't use the character stats in the Brawl.

My guess is that Micaiah will have a weight rank around Lucas and use an annonymous staff to strike enemies for her basic quicker attacks. Weaker light magic would be left for her smash attacks and her special moves will be reserved for the actual staff effects and more powerful light magic.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Ike, Marth, Roy and Mewtwo is a fine example of how Sakurai won't use the character stats in the Brawl.

My guess is that Micaiah will have a weight rank around Lucas and use an annonymous staff to strike enemies for her basic quicker attacks. Weaker light magic would be left for her smash attacks and her special moves will be reserved for the actual staff effects and more powerful light magic.
^Detailed post. A true FE fan.

Pichu could hurt itself could it do that in the pokemon games?

Hong

The Strongest
He uses glaring qualities, not numerical statistics. Something like Pichu damaging itself with electricity is also like "Ike is very strong and wields a sword named Ragnell" or "Mewtwo is a powerful psychic type Pokémon." Something like "Micaiah has x amount of Magic compared to y amount of def" isn't what he will pick at. Sakurai previews games very briefly, and something as long as Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is something he will probably only have time to play once.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
He uses glaring qualities, not numerical statistics. Something like Pichu damaging itself with electricity is also like "Ike is very strong and wields a sword named Ragnell" or "Mewtwo is a powerful psychic type Pokémon." Something like "Micaiah has x amount of Magic compared to y amount of def" isn't what he will pick at. Sakurai previews games very briefly, and something as long as Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is something he will probably only have time to play once.
True, because in PoR, Ike isn't slow. He's actually quite fast.

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai previews games very briefly, and something as long as Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is something he will probably only have time to play once.

But what's to say if he doesn't get to play it? It would be a great shame if he was looking for female characters and didn't get to know Micaiah. Even if he got to know Micaiah, what if he dismisses her as a minor character for some reason? I don't know. All I know is that there had better not be only sword FE characters in Brawl. If that becomes the case, Sakurai obviously didn't consider Micaiah.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
But what's to say if he doesn't get to play it? It would be a great shame if he was looking for female characters and didn't get to know Micaiah. Even if he got to know Micaiah, what if he dismisses her as a minor character for some reason? I don't know. All I know is that there had better not be only sword FE characters in Brawl. If that becomes the case, Sakurai obviously didn't consider Micaiah.
Unless he had the time to research or play the game until at least the 4th chapter then maybe Sakurai won;t add her. =(

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I wonder if Sakurai not paying attention to these qualities is a good thing or bad? Would we want Ike fast? I Kinda like the whole idea of Ike being a beast.
Are all swordsmen in Brawl speedy and powerful right now?

Looks like sakurai did play PoR, he knows about the powder

Hong

The Strongest
Micaiah has been around for over a year. (Since we knew about her several months before the release in Japan.) Don't forget that Sakurai gets feedback from the studios who produce characters that will be in Brawl. Shigeru Miyamoto gives feedback on Mario, Eiji Aonuma gives feedback on Zelda ect ect. Thus the producers at Intelligent Systems can recommend characters, especially when Sakurai needs suggestions. Sora doesn't have to use their ideas, but they WILL suggest ideas.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
He should have some idea who she is. I mean, everyone should have known she is in FE10 (even though we didn't know who she really was then). Plus, FE10's been out since last February.

Also, I was really glad that there was no FE related updates this whole week. Hopefully.... We can see her in her glory this Monday..... Wishful thinking, but a man can dream.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Since when has Sakurai coordinated his updates with game releases? Remember Metroid Prime 3 and how we all thought we'd get something Metroid related? How'd that turn out? e_e
Way to kill a dream....:(

We haven't had anything FE related since last August, so there's always a possibility to have anything FE that day! At least Ike's FS or his SE appearance!

Hong

The Strongest
The only time Sakurai has ever coordinated with any date was his birthday (remember that week of game breaking updates?) and Solid Snake's 20th year anniversary. It's possible that he could do something for the American FE10 release, but Japan has had it for a while so he wouldn't care that much. :/

But hey, anything's possible.

I'm honestly expect "Fire Emblem Medley" to be a music update next week.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
With Ike using the warp powder, Black Knight definitely wont be playable.
Micaiah's chances are looking really good now.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
The only time Sakurai has ever coordinated with any date was his birthday (remember that week of game breaking updates?) and Solid Snake's 20th year anniversary. It's possible that he could do something for the American FE10 release, but Japan has had it for a while so he wouldn't care that much. :/

But hey, anything's possible.

I'm honestly expect "Fire Emblem Medley" to be a music update next week.

Don't forget he also coordinated the 100th update (Wifi play)

Top Bottom