• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Micaiah for Brawl *Radiant Dawn Spoilers*

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord

I would honestly be a little disgusted with the character that would be Sigurd if he used his lance more than he used his Tyrfling
And can you point out the part of my post that said he would use the lance more than the Tyrfling? He could easily use Tyrfling as his main weapon with the lance as a secondary to spice up his moveset.
do you have any idea of how akward that would be to design and incorporate?
Thats really your own opinion, not fact. Like someone said his Tyrfling could be used for his mid ranged attacks and the lance could be used for a couple long ranged attacks. He doesn't have to be holding both weapons at the same time. The lance could for example be on his back and pulled out quickly when he uses it.
You don't know the real reason as to why Marth isn't using his shield in SSBM
Well neither do you. Of course i don't know for sure I only mentioned the Link theory because it just made sense. Maybe you have a better reason why he didn't use the shield?
They can take a few liberties but Sigurd's Tyrfling is one of the most important parts of his legacy, you cannot forgo something like that for a "lance" just to make his moveset more unique, imo it would be a disrespect for the character that is Sigurd.
That didn't stop them from giving Ness a ton of moves that weren't his. You don't see all the Earthbound fans crying because Ness wasn't "in character". Ness is a good example of how you blow out of proportion the whole "legacy of the character" bullsh*t.
This isn't about characters using their main weapons (because the should and will), its about being able to be reasonably creative when designing a character for Smash (and not being completely restricted to what the character was in the original game).

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
And can you point out the part of my post that said he would use the lance more than the Tyrfling? He could easily use Tyrfling as his main weapon with the lance as a secondary to spice up his moveset.
When you said, that Sigurd should use his Tyrfling and lance at the same time, I thought you were implying that they would equally be used, I have don't have a problem with Sigurd using a lance as a sub weapon but they way you worded your statement I assumed you were speaking that Sigurd could use his lance equally or more than his respective Tyrfling.

Thats really your own opinion, not fact. Like someone said his Tyrfling could be used for his mid ranged attacks and the lance could be used for a couple long ranged attacks. He doesn't have to be holding both weapons at the same time. The lance could for example be on his back and pulled out quickly when he uses it.
As long as his lance doesn't overshadow his Tyrfling, I don't have a problem with him using a lance.

Well neither do you. Of course i don't know for sure I only mentioned the Link theory because it just made sense. Maybe you have a better reason why he didn't use the shield?
Perhaps they didn't have time to implement it? I was under the impression that Melee was rushed to an extent. I don't see anything wrong with incorporating Marth's shield into a B move of some sort in order to deflect some projectiles in Brawl do you?

That didn't stop them from giving Ness a ton of moves that weren't his. You don't see all the Earthbound fans crying because Ness wasn't "in character". Ness is a good example of how you blow out of proportion the whole "legacy of the character" bullsh*t.
This isn't about characters using their main weapons (because the should and will), its about being able to be reasonably creative when designing a character for Smash (and not being completely restricted to what the character was in the original game).
It's not my fault that you were very vague on the Sigurd Tyrfling when compared to his uses of a lance, which you only now stated that you agree that it should be a sub weapon when compared to the Tyrfling.

I don't think I was blowing it out of proportion when you presented a vague statement of lance usage when compared to Sigurd's Tyrfling. Which again you only now stated that Sigurd should use his main weapon. :ohwell:

-Knight

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Enough with frickin Sigurd! All of his discussion to his respected thread! Back on topic!

So this Monday RD releases (It can't come any sooner can it?). What are the chances of a coordinated update?

Rakath

Smash Ace
If they were going to use a Lance weilding Lord, they'd use Ephraim from 8.

Arguing the idea Sigurd uses a Lance in Brawl is like suggesting Ike use an Axe. Yes, certainly, its canon due to 10, but, realistically, Hector with an Axe makes more sense.

Hong

The Strongest
So this Monday RD releases (It can't come any sooner can it?). What are the chances of a coordinated update?
We up north can't actually get the game until November 6th.There is a one day delay here in Canada when a store should start distributing a game VS when you can actually buy it. Not sure if it's the same in other places. Though I made a full payment so it's 100% guaranteed to be in my hands on Tuesday. I'm just going to rub my hands together and wait patiently.

As for a coordinated update, I'm not sure if Sakurai would even know about or care for the North American release. :/ I mean, Americans care about Japanese release dates since they get the game first (generally) and we can harvest all kinds of information from Japanese media and imports. But if Japan already has the game then there would be 0 regard to the American or especially European release.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
We up north can't actually get the game until November 6th.There is a one day delay here in Canada when a store should start distributing a game VS when you can actually buy it. Not sure if it's the same in other places. Though I made a full payment so it's 100% guaranteed to be in my hands on Tuesday. I'm just going to rub my hands together and wait patiently.
It's sometimes the same here where I live. I sometimes go to get the game in Gamestop and they end up telling me they haven't gotten it yet. It sucks. But oh well. Gotta live with it.

As for a coordinated update, I'm not sure if Sakurai would even know about or care for the North American release. :/ I mean, Americans care about Japanese release dates since they get the game first (generally) and we can harvest all kinds of information from Japanese media and imports. But if Japan already has the game then there would be 0 regard to the American or especially European release.
I'm pretty sure he knows but I can't say if he cares or not. Hey, maybe IS wants to promote their game through this update. Just a thought.

Hong

The Strongest
I'm pretty sure he knows but I can't say if he cares or not. Hey, maybe IS wants to promote their game through this update. Just a thought.
I never thought about it that way! When Ike was put on the DOJO!!, there was an explosion of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance discussion and people looking for the game. If they were to put up something Fire Emblem related this monday (especially a character update), it'd be great advertising and a way to please the viewers.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I never thought about it that way! When Ike was put on the DOJO!!, there was an explosion of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance discussion and people looking for the game. If they were to put up something Fire Emblem related this monday (especially a character update), it'd be great advertising and a way to please the viewers.
Right you are! I also bet a bunch of people here went hunting for a translated MOTHER 3 ROM when Lucas was announced.

I should know, I was one of them.

Hong

The Strongest
xD We were right. We got something Fire Emblem related.

The Fire Emblem Medley is one of my favourite songs in gaming history, but I feel it's best left untouched (like Ridley's theme). This arrangement is quite epic, but I'd really have preferred it in original form. Ah well. Good stuff regardless.

Another Fire Emblem update tomorrow maybe? Let's wait and find out.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I hope so, they need more character updates, well not really but not game mode updates.

Hong

The Strongest
I really hope to get a Fire Emblem character update this week. I'm so disappointed with the way Ike turned out. :/

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I really hope to get a Fire Emblem character update this week. I'm so disappointed with the way Ike turned out. :/
I really liked the Fire Emblem update, I was hoping we would get some sort of musical update sooner or later.

I hope we get a Fire Emblem character revealed as well.

-Knight

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Wednesday? What's happening on Wednesday?
Nothing. People just want a character update

Anyways

The game releases today have fun playing it all, I will sadly be not be able to due to the fact that I don't own a wii. And I will now really avoid this thread. Until Her update comes, later all.

~Mikaya 4 BRAWL!~

Hong

The Strongest
xD I've wondered about that too. Is there a pattern or something I don't know about?

Hong

The Strongest
So Lunadis wants Elincia for Brawl huh... Think that really will happen?
Not at all. At least not before Marth or Micaiah. But it's possible and I'm allowed to hope, right? She's my favourite Tellius character after Ike, and before Mia (I love her personality. xP). That and she has the second most screen time in Tellius I believe. Could be wrong with Soren and Titania.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Not at all. At least not before Marth or Micaiah. But it's possible and I'm allowed to hope, right? She's my favourite Tellius character after Ike, and before Mia (I love her personality. xP). That and she has the second most screen time in Tellius I believe. Could be wrong with Soren and Titania.
I guess Elincia is alright. I just wish she came earlier in the game. The only way to get her in to fighting shape is to give her ALL the frikin Bonus Exp.

Yes she gets more screen time then Soren and Titania in PoR.

I like Mai better (maybe because she's crit crazy). But that's IMO.

Rakath

Smash Ace
I guess Elincia is alright. I just wish she came earlier in the game. The only way to get her in to fighting shape is to give her ALL the frikin Bonus Exp.

Of course Mia/Wayu is a Crit crazy unit, Myrmidon lines work like that.

Mia is my favorite character in 9 (probably in 10 too, but waiting till I play to decide that), shortly followed by Largo (I miss Berserkers... ;_; ). And is my main want, however she hasn't got a shot compared to the other characters in 9/10.

Hong

The Strongest

xD There isn't a lot of support for her because it's not that she's a bad character, but a bad unit. They go "Ugh, her!? That pathetic character you get late game? Why waste a perfectly good spot on the roster?". I however, support her because I loved her character and I feel Brawl could use more strong female roles and less pushovers/generic characters like Peach or Zelda. However, she is improved in Radiant Dawn so I hope to see some new faces in the support topic. I also hope Sakurai liked her character as much as I did.

thedup

Smash Cadet
I never expected Micaiah to be introduced, even though she's my main want in the game and I think her chances are really good. I'm one of the people that thinks all the characters that have been announced will be playable from the start, and the rest will be unlockable. Even if that isn't true, I don't think the 2nd (and possibly 3rd) fire emblem character will ever be announced. You'll just need to play it and unlock them. So don't worry that she wasn't released today.

Also, Mia was my favourite in PoR as well, followed by Nephenee.

and I'm really excited to start playing RD tomorrow

Hong

The Strongest
I think after seeing King Dedede that there won't be that many unlockable characters.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I want it to be tomorrow already!!

First thing I will do is train Micaiah, and possibly cap her. I wonder how good Ike is this time.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Ugh. I checked practically every store website. They all say it arrives today.

I call all the stores to clarify, they say it comes tomorrow.

Good job, Colorado. Way to suck in the video game department.

Rakath

Smash Ace
47drift: Not just Colorado, the Nov 5 date is the SHIPPING date, meaning that everyone gets it the 6th.

Which makes me rightly unhappy with the Feb 10 date for Brawl, Sundays lack mail service.

hypeman

Smash Apprentice
I'm a snake, marth, and zelda in training.
I never expected Micaiah to be introduced, even though she's my main want in the game and I think her chances are really good. I'm one of the people that thinks all the characters that have been announced will be playable from the start, and the rest will be unlockable. Even if that isn't true, I don't think the 2nd (and possibly 3rd) fire emblem character will ever be announced. You'll just need to play it and unlock them. So don't worry that she wasn't released today.

Also, Mia was my favourite in PoR as well, followed by Nephenee.

and I'm really excited to start playing RD tomorrow
I think there is going to be more than 2 fire emblem reps this time around.

And Mia is my favorite character too.

Hong

The Strongest
xD Hehe. I'm surprised to see Mia fans other than myself. A lot of people insult her presence in Path of Radiance. She a funny character and a nice member of the team. I hope she's still a goof in Radiant Dawn.

Rakath

Smash Ace
xD Hehe. I'm surprised to see Mia fans other than myself. A lot of people insult her presence in Path of Radiance. She a funny character and a nice member of the team. I hope she's still a goof in Radiant Dawn.
My favorite Mia supports sadly won't help me in 10... what with Largo being booted to non-playable. ;_;

Rakath

Smash Ace
FE10 reinvented Supports, anyone can support anyone else. FE9 supports become a Dodge (and crit?) bonus.

So you can support Mia/Wayu with Soren/Senerio if you want.

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah. There are bonds and there are traditional supports. The former activates whenever a unit that character has bonded with engages an enemy, providing statistical bonuses. It is signified in game like this;
(spoiler free)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz05IFpXlog

Top Bottom