• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Micaiah for Brawl *Radiant Dawn Spoilers*

Hong

The Strongest
I'm not too suprised we didn't get anything today. The music is already asking for a lot, right? xD

I mean, look at the poor F-Zero series. All it has gotten was a single Assist Trophy! Smarten up, Sakurai!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm just glad Micaiah is still a wish character, that update was the worst update of all time.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I really hope Micaiah is in but i have my doubts, hopefully FE will get 3 reps and she will be the third after Ike and Marth.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I think after seeing King Dedede that there won't be that many unlockable characters.
What do you mean by that?
There is no doubt in my mind that Dedede will be unlockable, and I'm pretty certain that all characters shown ever since Snake's update counts as unlockable already. The game will be released in about a third of a year from now... why on earth would Sakurai release all the starters now, then refuse to update the unlockables and then try to keep us interested with item and music updates?

Hong

The Strongest
What do you mean by that?
There is no doubt in my mind that Dedede will be unlockable, and I'm pretty certain that all characters shown ever since Snake's update counts as unlockable already. The game will be released in about a third of a year from now... why on earth would Sakurai release all the starters now, then refuse to update the unlockables and then try to keep us interested with item and music updates?
The thing is, Sakurai said he'd be making third party character unlockable way back in like, 2005 and 2006? Things change. A lot of things he has said have changed. I don't see why people use all of his statements so literally. They are general ideas he spoke of off hand while replying to e-mails. Not some set of rules or strict guidelines which he MUST follow at all times. That'd be pure stupidity and agianst any kind of development project. If he disbanded flexibility, then we'd all be playing bugged Brawl in a month but no, we're getting it later because he is allowed to change anything he wants. Really, give it a rest people.

That and I feel he'd say something if a character was unlockable. Just like he said he will make third party characters unlockable, he also said he will reveal how to unlock unlockable characters. Both things have/can/will change. To top it off, we haven't even seen Captain Falcon. These primitive age old guidelines are quite silly. Dedede will be playable from the start. I can guarantee you that.

Fawriel

Smash Master
The thing is, Sakurai said he'd be making third party character unlockable way back in like, 2005 and 2006? Things change. A lot of things he has said have changed. I don't see why people use all of his statements so literally. They are general ideas he spoke of off hand while replying to e-mails. Not some set of rules or strict guidelines which he MUST follow at all times. That'd be pure stupidity and agianst any kind of development project. If he disbanded flexibility, then we'd all be playing bugged Brawl in a month but no, we're getting it later because he is allowed to change anything he wants. Really, give it a rest people.

That and I feel he'd say something if a character was unlockable. Just like he said he will make third party characters unlockable, he also said he will reveal how to unlock unlockable characters. Both things have/can/will change. To top it off, we haven't even seen Captain Falcon. These primitive age old guidelines are quite silly. Dedede will be playable from the start. I can guarantee you that.
Easy there. I never said anything about the old principle of unlockable 3rd party characters, but even then, why would he change his mind on that? There's no reason for that at all. ... well, some people who support characters are like "I hope he's not cruel enough to make my character unlockable"... what on earth is up with that? Having to work for your character just makes it more exciting, doesn't it?

And I can guarantee you that Dedede will be unlockable. I mean, come on. Kirby AND Metaknight AND Dedede... all of them right there from the start. That just doesn't seem right to me at all. Falcon, on the other hand, was unlockable in the first game, so it's not unthinkable that he's been reversed to that status.
Now granted, my theory is based on more of a gut feeling than common sense, but so is yours. And you didn't refute my point about how Sakurai would soon run out of interesting updates if he refused to update on unlockable characters.

Hong

The Strongest
Easy there. I never said anything about the old principle of unlockable 3rd party characters, but even then, why would he change his mind on that? There's no reason for that at all. ... well, some people who support characters are like "I hope he's not cruel enough to make my character unlockable"... what on earth is up with that? Having to work for your character just makes it more exciting, doesn't it?
It was just an example. The point of the example is things are just casually said. People took "one or two more characters?" as "THERE CAN BE NO MORE THAN TWO". If we were building a bridge, and I said "Test it a few more times", would you test it just twice? It's very loosely said, especially when Sakurai said it as a question, meaning he is unsure. This means we will be getting a very little amount of third party characters. This could be anywhere from 2 to 5 for all we know.

Sorry if you took offense from my post. Not intended.
And I can guarantee you that Dedede will be unlockable. I mean, come on. Kirby AND Metaknight AND Dedede... all of them right there from the start. That just doesn't seem right to me at all.
Another silly rule smashers made up based off only two games of consistancy? Kind of funny how half of what was consistant in the last two games were already broken.
Falcon, on the other hand, was unlockable in the first game, so it's not unthinkable that he's been reversed to that status.
Would be kind of odd to see Samurai Goroh running around before Falcon. But I guess that's an opinion.
Now granted, my theory is based on more of a gut feeling than common sense, but so is yours. And you didn't refute my point about how Sakurai would soon run out of interesting updates if he refused to update on unlockable characters.
He'd reveal them later, and it is later, right? Especially since he can easily go weeks and weeks without any character updates as he has before. D:

Fawriel

Smash Master
It was just an example. The point of the example is things are just casually said. People took "one or two more characters?" as "THERE CAN BE NO MORE THAN TWO". If we were building a bridge, and I said "Test it a few more times", would you test it just twice? It's very loosely said, especially when Sakurai said it as a question, meaning he is unsure. This means we will be getting a very little amount of third party characters. This could be anywhere from 2 to 5 for all we know.

Sorry if you took offense from my post. Not intended.Another silly rule smashers made up based off only two games of consistancy? Kind of funny how half of what was consistant in the last two games were already broken.Would be kind of odd to see Samurai Goroh running around before Falcon. But I guess that's an opinion.He'd reveal them later, and it is later, right? Especially since he can easily go weeks and weeks without any character updates as he has before. D:
Apology accepted.
For the record, I also can't stand it when people talk about "3rd party slots" as if he had such a rigid system for them... and when some company comes and offers a heap of money to have their character in, Sakurai is gonna have to be like "sorry we're all booked out :<"...

But his reasoning for the unlockability of 3rd party characters made sense and I don't see any reason why he would change it. Sure, he could, but it wouldn't serve much of a purpose.
I'm actually kinda curious why some people are opposed to the idea of their favourites being unlockable. I mean, default characters are so... unspectacular. It's like they're just waiting there in the living room reading the paper and you come in there for the first time and are like "OHMYGOD HI" and they're like "sup".
Another reason why unlocking 3rd parties is much more appropriate. Rule of Cool applied right there.

And, my gut feeling about Dedede is not based on any rules whatsoever, actually. After all, Bowser is a default character. But the Kirby franchise is so small and there's such a clear gradient of evil going from Kirby to Metaknight to Dedede... it just feels like "If Dedede doesn't require to be unlocked, then who?"
I actually expected the same of Metaknight since he's such a Worthy Opponent. *shrugs*

Aaaaaaand I guess he could just give us a long drought. ... a very long drought. ... so very, very long...

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I'm still totally baffled about Sigurd's popularity. Is it true? Why am I hearing more "LAWL SIGURD OVER MICAIAH" IN AMERICA over international waters, when FE4 has never even touched stateside?

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I'm still totally baffled about Sigurd's popularity. Is it true? Why am I hearing more "LAWL SIGURD OVER MICAIAH" IN AMERICA over international waters, when FE4 has never even touched stateside?
It has... through illegal methods though. The games is pretty hard, it's unlike the FEs we have here.

.....Btw, has anybody got RD yet? My Gamestop don't even have them in stock yet! :urg:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It has... through illegal methods though. The games is pretty hard, it's unlike the FEs we have here.

.....Btw, has anybody got RD yet? My Gamestop don't even have them in stock yet! :urg:
I finally do. The store had one in stock, that was a close one.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Ah the beauty of pre-ordering...

My GameStop guarantees that, if you have a pre-order, you WILL get a copy. They set aside all the pre-orders and whatever's left over goes on the shelves.

thedup

Smash Cadet
I'm hoping that my preorder guaranteed me a copy, but I'm worried that my schedule won't give me time to pick it up today.

I don't understand how people can even suggest Sigurd, no matter how popular he is, because *spoiler for anyone who cares* he dies at the end of the game. I didn't play it but I've seen the end on youtube. This isn't a problem for returning characters like Ganondorf, (he's really the only example I can give of someone who has died and then appears in another game anyways) but since Sigurd was only in one game and is now no longer in existence, it doesn't make sense that he would come back to fight in brawl. Especially not over Micaiah

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I'm hoping that my preorder guaranteed me a copy, but I'm worried that my schedule won't give me time to pick it up today.

I don't understand how people can even suggest Sigurd, no matter how popular he is, because *spoiler for anyone who cares* he dies at the end of the game. I didn't play it but I've seen the end on youtube. This isn't a problem for returning characters like Ganondorf, (he's really the only example I can give of someone who has died and then appears in another game anyways) but since Sigurd was only in one game and is now no longer in existence, it doesn't make sense that he would come back to fight in brawl. Especially not over Micaiah
Well, Sigurd is the "one-man army" of FE4, which is considered the best FE ever. Of course he is bound to be the most popular.

What I don't get is how people here in states and everywhere else that's not Japan think that he has a chance when probably most of them haven't even played the game.... or at least get past the first chapter *raises hand*. Maybe its because to them it seem like Japan > All.

Hong

The Strongest
EB Games called and said they had my preordered copy today ready for me. But I can't go to EB Games until later. :/

Rakath

Smash Ace
No character not already confirmed will be my main (unless somehow Mia or another cute female Swordmaster/Sword Saint gets in). As Pikachu is almighty.

My second will be a Fire Emblem character, the question is who gets that spot. If Micaiah/Mist/Elincia is fast and decently useful they'd get that spot over Marth (he's not so good lookin') or Ike (I'm not too good at the slow powerhouses.

My third will be either a FE character, Lucario if he's in, or Meta Knight. All dependant on how the whole cast plays.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I picked up Radiant Dawn today myself - had no trouble getting it at Best Buy, just walked in after school and they had plenty. Its pretty good so far (not that I've gotten far, just to chapter 4), though the early levels seem harder than in the previous US-released Fire Emblems. Perhaps thats just because you don't get a Jeigan-esque character until chapter 3 (
when Super Sothe comes in - seriously, hes insane; his skill and speed even start at 20, and I never used him in PoR, so thats not because of a transfer boost
), but even then I had trouble with that chapter. Maybe I'm just getting RNG screwed on my characters... it is odd that Micaiah has only boosted magic twice at level 7, and her speed hasn't gone up at all. Actually, except Edward (the myrmidon), none of my characters are getting much speed when they level up.

Anyway, I don't know if I'd main Micaiah if she got in, but she'd likely be a secondary at least. There are too many characters I'm interested in maining for me to be sure (Sonic, Pit, and Diddy are my main choices right now, and if more characters I want get in, that list will just grow and grow...).

Zevox

Rakath

Smash Ace
Sothe is a Prepromote by technicality. Thief class doesn't exist in playable for 10 (Rogue then something else NOT ASSASSIN, as Volke just comes in as an Assassin). His stats are godly because he's technically LV21.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Sothe is a Prepromote by technicality. Thief class doesn't exist in playable for 10 (Rogue then something else NOT ASSASSIN, as Volke just comes in as an Assassin). His stats are godly because he's technically LV21.
I know - thats why I called him a Jeigan-esque character (Jeigan was the original pre-promoted ally from FE 1, a Paladin from Marth's group). Still, I've never seen a pre-promoted early-game ally with his stats before (two twenties at level 1 promoted is more than most characters I train to promotion ever seem to get). He may even be worth using all the way to the end, unlike Titania/Marcus/etc of past games.

Incidentally, its interesting to note that Rogue was the second option for a Thief promotion back in Sacred Stones, the alternative to the Assassin.

Zevox

Rakath

Smash Ace
It has to do with his Growth rate in 9. 20 Skill and Speed is almost assured due to Blossom. 10 stats are pretty well based on how his 9 growths would get him. My 9 Sothe had 20 Skill Speed around LV14 I think. Also Sothe is pretty well required use (
if you don't use him you're wasting a promotion
).

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I really want a female Lord in Brawl, I strongly believe Fire Emblem needs a female spot for Brawl. I want Elincia the most, but I'll settle for Eirika, Celica, Micaiah, or Sheeda if needed.

Hong

The Strongest
Hehe. I went to EB Games and they were sold out of Radiant Dawn! Thankfully I made full payment on a preorder some time ago. xP
In regards to character traits and personality, Micaiah isn't bad. She's much, much better than the other female main characters, but when it comes to Lords I still like Elincia more (she counts as a lord in my books). Though as actual units, Micaiah is awesome so far. My standings on who I want to see in Brawl hasn't changed, but it's nice to finally get to play this wonderful game.

Who I'd want to see from Fire Emblem not counting Marth;
1) Elincia
2) Micaiah
3) Mia (/flameshield)

Rakath

Smash Ace
Considering my organization of that list is what Lunadis has but in reverse order...

*Joins Lunadis behind the Flameshield*

Mia is hilarious, I'd love to see her in Brawl. ^_^

RWB

Smash Ace
US-released Fire Emblems. Perhaps thats just because you don't get a Jeigan-esque character until chapter 3 (
when Super Sothe comes in - seriously, hes insane; his skill and speed even start at 20, and I never used him in PoR, so thats not because of a transfer boost
), but even then I had trouble with that chapter. Maybe I'm just getting RNG screwed on my characters... it is odd that Micaiah has only boosted magic twice at level 7
That's weird, Micaiah has a 80% mag growth.

, and her speed hasn't gone up at all. Actually, except Edward (the myrmidon), none of my characters are getting much speed when they level up.
O_o... Noyce has equal growth rate(60%). XD

Your team is strange. Leonardo and Micaiah has a 35% spd growth.

Then again, they could've changed the growth rates in the american version.

BTW, Sothe IS excellent in this game(on average), but held back by his str cap at the end of the game. 28, and the guy has a 60% str growth. O_o

Hong

The Strongest
Considering my organization of that list is what Lunadis has but in reverse order...

*Joins Lunadis behind the Flameshield*

Mia is hilarious, I'd love to see her in Brawl. ^_^
I originally had intended for Mia to be higher, but then I felt it's best to avoid Fire Emblem characters who use swords exclusively. I'm more into the idea of a sword + staff or light + staff user. Ah well. To each their own.

Zevox

Smash Lord
it would be weird because mia is a girl
Not to mention their other vast differences. Marth is taller, has much shorter hair, wears armor where Mia does not, has much finer clothing due to being a Prince while she is a mercenary, and wields a unique sword that Mia could never have. Just wouldn't work.

Zevox

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well quite frankly the sword bit isn't what would really matter, since Marth can never wield a beam sword under normal circumstances, but he does it it Melee. (And really Marth's sword isn't all that unique. >_>)

Rakath

Smash Ace
If they did that I'd be sad, as all I'd see is Marth in a dress...

Hong

The Strongest
it would be weird because mia is a girl
And Marth isn't?

/drumroll
Seriously. I had to clear up Marth's gender so many times when he was introduced to Americans in melee.

thedup

Smash Cadet
I can't imagine Mia fighting like Marth to be honest. Mia would be a lot faster, a lot weaker, and a LOT cooler

it would be cool if she could do the critical strike for the swordmaster

but to stay on topic, I couldn't get fire emblem yesterday because I was too busy to get there before the stores close, so I'm finally getting my preordered copy today

micaiah for brawl!

hypeman

Smash Apprentice
I'm a snake, marth, and zelda in training.
And Marth isn't?

/drumroll
Seriously. I had to clear up Marth's gender so many times when he was introduced to Americans in melee.
I thought he was a girl at first, but when I heard his vioce I was "That's a guy" and thought his story was him undergoing a sex change that went wrong.

By the way in the end of Radiant Dawn I heard that you can use Ike to kill Micaiah is that true

hypeman

Smash Apprentice
I'm a snake, marth, and zelda in training.
And Marth isn't?

/drumroll
I thought he was a girl at first, but when I heard his vioce I was "That's a guy" and thought his story was him undergoing a sex change that went wrong.

By the way in the end of Radiant Dawn I heard that Ike to killed Micaiah since he didn't need her anymore since yune was released. If thats true I hate Ike.

uhh double post

Top Bottom