• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Micaiah for Brawl *Radiant Dawn Spoilers*

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Same with Geno.
No because Mario would still go and find Peach and then try to destroy whatever took over Bowser's castle

1) even knew about Micaiah as they first began working on Brawl
They would have.

3) they would have had to work very closely with the developers of Radiant Dawn to assure she has proper move sets, character design, et cetera.
Or they would have just had to play PoR and asked them if using light magic from that game was ok for her...

, but Nintendo doesn't know how audiences will take to her and if she'll be popular
She was popular in her game in Japan and she had a lot of buzz when she was first announced (before Brawl was even given a name, back when it was still SSBR)

and the developers of Brawl likely didn't know anything about her potential move sets as they were deciding a roster as she was likely still being fleshed out throughout the simultaneous development of Radiant Dawn.
I'm pretty sure that at least one of them would have played the FE series and would know something about how Light Magic works.

Also Roy.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Sure Geno was a side-main-chracter but he also had the most important side to the story, he HAD to fix the star road and he went all the way, Mario only did it because he was requested too and Bowser asked him to help.

As with the Roy comment, the game gets here before Brawl, so unless they added her to spark interest she seems to have a short shot of getting in.

You're argument might be the Game was in Jpan since Feburary, yes it was however like it was stated earlier, they choose whom will be in Brawl before that time.

IMO i think the only thing that they had to do at the time was decide on 3th party chracters and do the things they need to for them to be PCs. Because they already filled out the positions for Nintendo chracters.

However i do want her in Brawl.

Hong

The Strongest
Sure Geno was a side-main-chracter but he also had the most important side to the story, he HAD to fix the star road and he went all the way, Mario only did it because he was requested too and Bowser asked him to help.
All of the side characters, except Peach, had a major role. Following Mallow around to get his Frog coin back was quite the journey, where you met Rocko. His mentor Frogfucius is the very guiding force of information, which I doubt you'd be talking to if Mallow wasn't present any more than getting information from Star Road about the stars without Geno, or getting through any doors/Bowser's keep without Bowser. All of the characters in Super Mario RPG are main characters which kind of alleviates Geno's position. Macaiah has more significance in her own game since it's mostly her followed by Ike.
As with the Roy comment, the game gets here before Brawl, so unless they added her to spark interest she seems to have a short shot of getting in.

You're argument might be the Game was in Jpan since Feburary, yes it was however like it was stated earlier, they choose whom will be in Brawl before that time.
The thing is, all of the producers who provide characters for Brawl work closely with Masahiro Sakurai with the characters used, character models, stages, music, items, everything. If Mr. Sakurai said he wanted a main character the whole world could recognize that's radically different from Ike, I'm sure they'd present Macaiah. She's the first spellcaster Lord that can known worldwide and from a Fire Emblem that doesn't suck (*Cough*Gaiden*cough*).

Roy or his game weren't very good yet they put him in not knowing how the game would be received, so the lack of foreknowledge of its success is irrelevant.

I should also mention the released date of Radiant Dawn is less than a month apart from Brawl.
IMO i think the only thing that they had to do at the time was decide on 3th party chracters and do the things they need to for them to be PCs. Because they already filled out the positions for Nintendo chracters.
As I said earlier, they could have easily have easily gotten enough basic information for Macaiah by the end of 2006, including her unique qualities. Something like her in-game character description could have been done much later.

Conker1

Smash Ace
As long as Marth stays, which I'm sure he will, then I'll be fine with her in the game.

I semi-support her.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Those were all pretty good inspiring arguments arguments. I have a little hope again now.
However, none of them quite disproved anything I said, they just provided leeway for the possibility of it happening. So I maintain a fair level of skepticism. Only time/Sakurai will tell, I suppose.
I'd say cross your fingers, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I'd rather be surprised like I was delighted today to see Lucas. I hadn't really expected him or Ness (I expected one of them, but made no assumptions either way), so either was going to cheer me up. I think accepting what you're given is the best stance to take. :)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It's possible for her to be a hidden character in brawl, besides they need more female characters anyway am I right.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hey Micaiah fans, I just wanted your viewpoint on this moveset I made for my SSBB prediction thread. You can visit the thread here. I only went by previous movesets and watching some game footage on youtube.

Moveset:

A, A = Light Punch, Magic Attack
Performs a light punch followed by a magical attack that blows the opponent away.
Side A = Magik Kick
Round-house kicks the opponent while her leg in enveloped in magic.
Down A = Light Star
Touches the ground and causes a small light ray to shoot up in front of her.
Up A = Barrier
Spins her hand above her head, forming a small barrier which can cause small damage opponents and protect her.
Air A = Magik Boost
Stops for a second, shoots magic from her body to knock opponents back.
Air Side A = Magik Push
Thrusts her arms forward and produces a high knock-back magik spell.
Air Down A = Leg Barrier
Thrusts her feet downwards and envelopes her legs in a barrier for added damage.
Air Up A = Rainbow Light
Makes a arc with her arm which leaves a magical rainbow-like trail.
Running A = Barrier Tackle
Runs at the opponent with a barrier in front of her, knocking any opponent out.
Side Smash = Light Fist
Reels back and thrusts her fist into the opponent; causing them to shoot away from magical knockback.
Down Smash = Sunny Ray
Reels back and performs a stronger Light Star which, depending on how you hold, it causes 1-3 rays.
Up Smash = Ray Kick
Reels back flips backwards causing a large lighting strike from her feet.

B = Light Diamond
Fires a very fast and powerful light spell which causes three beams to split apart and travel across the stage, crisscrossing eachother.
Side B = Yune
Micaiah goes into a trance and you are given control of the bird, Yune. You can do the following attacks: B= Pierce, Side B= Divebomb, Up B= Flight, and Down B= Grapple.
Down B = Holy Crystal
Surrounds herself in a crystal of light. Any attacks bounce of her and can cause damage. She can then release her crystal which explodes and damages anyone around her. The longer it takes damage, the stronger the final attack.
Up B= Hope
She surrounds herself in light and, with great speed, jumps extremely higher.

Grab =
A = Magik Zap (zaps the opponent with magic)
Front Throw = Shoots the opponent forward with a blast of magic.
Back Throw = Uses magic to hold the opponent and then throws it behind her.
Up Throw = Punches the opponent, flips back and kicks them upward.
Down Throw = Flies up using magic, and then using magic around her legs, kicks them back down to the ground.

Final Smash: Galdr of Release – Macaiah sings the song and transforms Yune into a giant bird of light. She jumps on top and they both perform a powerful light beam attack on the entire arena.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Don't now much about the character other then she's on a title on a very much wanted sequel by many FE fans, like myself.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Don't now much about the character other then she's on a title on a very much wanted sequel by many FE fans, like myself.
Basicly she is a Branded, with one of her ancestors being a Heron. She becomes the captain of the Daein army (the enemy of the Ike's army on the previous game), and ends up fighting the Laguz army of Begnion. She sings the Galdr of Release and becomes Goddess Yune's vessel. Thats why Begnion troops wanted to kidnapped her. Also to recover Daeins lost due to Ashnard killing her laguz parent and mad a mess.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Basicly she is a Branded, with one of her ancestors being a Heron. She becomes the captain of the Daein army (the enemy of the Ike's army on the previous game), and ends up fighting the Laguz army of Begnion. She sings the Galdr of Release and becomes Goddess Yune's vessel. Thats why Begnion troops wanted to kidnapped her. Also to recover Daeins lost due to Ashnard killing her laguz parent and mad a mess.
I didn't read the post, but I will say that if I did I think i would be spoiling the game for myself which comes out next month, so I'm not going to argue or read with your post.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
However the moveset is interesting...the little bird.

Like Lucas/Ness' shield should she be engulfed in light until the glow fades?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
The little bird is the negative goddesses Yune allthough it turns out she's the good one and Ashera is more evil but not really, they are both just sides of the one goddess of dawn.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Moveset:

A, A = Light Punch, Magic Attack
Performs a light punch followed by a magical attack that blows the opponent away.
Side A = Magik Kick
Round-house kicks the opponent while her leg in enveloped in magic.
Down A = Light Star
Touches the ground and causes a small light ray to shoot up in front of her.
Up A = Barrier
Spins her hand above her head, forming a small barrier which can cause small damage opponents and protect her.
Air A = Magik Boost
Stops for a second, shoots magic from her body to knock opponents back.
Air Side A = Magik Push
Thrusts her arms forward and produces a high knock-back magik spell.
Air Down A = Leg Barrier
Thrusts her feet downwards and envelopes her legs in a barrier for added damage.
Air Up A = Rainbow Light
Makes a arc with her arm which leaves a magical rainbow-like trail.
Running A = Barrier Tackle
Runs at the opponent with a barrier in front of her, knocking any opponent out.
Side Smash = Light Fist
Reels back and thrusts her fist into the opponent; causing them to shoot away from magical knockback.
Down Smash = Sunny Ray
Reels back and performs a stronger Light Star which, depending on how you hold, it causes 1-3 rays.
Up Smash = Ray Kick
Reels back flips backwards causing a large lighting strike from her feet.

B = Light Diamond
Fires a very fast and powerful light spell which causes three beams to split apart and travel across the stage, crisscrossing eachother.
Side B = Yune
Micaiah goes into a trance and you are given control of the bird, Yune. You can do the following attacks: B= Pierce, Side B= Divebomb, Up B= Flight, and Down B= Grapple.
Down B = Holy Crystal
Surrounds herself in a crystal of light. Any attacks bounce of her and can cause damage. She can then release her crystal which explodes and damages anyone around her. The longer it takes damage, the stronger the final attack.
Up B= Hope
She surrounds herself in light and, with great speed, jumps extremely higher.

Grab =
A = Magik Zap (zaps the opponent with magic)
Front Throw = Shoots the opponent forward with a blast of magic.
Back Throw = Uses magic to hold the opponent and then throws it behind her.
Up Throw = Punches the opponent, flips back and kicks them upward.
Down Throw = Flies up using magic, and then using magic around her legs, kicks them back down to the ground.

Final Smash: Galdr of Release – Macaiah sings the song and transforms Yune into a giant bird of light. She jumps on top and they both perform a powerful light beam attack on the entire arena.
Very nice! Couldn't have done better myself!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Remember watching a vid where the BK and Mikaya were in a achapter together so if both are in the game they could be a 2-player co-op team!

BK and Mikaya for Brawl!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Then Mario and Peach should be a pair, they fought together before. Also Link and Zelda should also be a duo. Not to mention DK/Diddy, Ness/Paula and Sonic/Tails.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Then Mario and Peach should be a pair, they fought together before. Also Link and Zelda should also be a duo. Not to mention DK/Diddy, Ness/Paula and Sonic/Tails.
Yeah pretty much or you know other pairs like Mario and Luigi, Bowser and Mario teaming up

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Ah... The game comes out in 2 weeks... And I already spoiled much....

Yeah, I forgot about subspace also. Ike's gotta have a partner after all.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
BK I can agree on, but what do you have against Hector?
Nothing, and no one should (after all, Hetor is awesome). The thing is that he is a secondary main character, much like Lyn. The difference is that you have to play Lyn's part while Hector's only optional.

Also, we already have a power FE character, Ike. Both BK and Hector would have to be slow and powerful. BK would only be much of a clone, and Hector would be much of the same, only with an ax.

Plus, Lyn > Hector when in comes to wining matches.

So to better represent FE, I would say the Following:

Ike represents Power
Marth represents Speed
Micaiah represents Magic

3 FE characters.

skullkidd

Smash Ace

So...
I have a new theory about Micaiah being in Brawl.
I noticed that most people that went to E 4 All said Ike was surprisingly really slow.
But, if Black Knight was included, IMO he would be a lot slower than even that.
Marth was also seen to be an alternate costume for Ike.
With those things in mind, that kind of lowers their chances of being playable characters.
So, to me, the path is clear for Micaiah to join Brawl.

GenG

Smash Lord
Marth isn't a costume. You're probably talking about the white one which isn't even Marth default color.

Seeing how Ike plays more like Bowser than Marth, I think he will be back.

Top Bottom