• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MGC Championship Vegas 2010

diegot143

Smash Cadet
hey sinc il be there at saturday by the way, sorry for not being all talketive i just want to learn match ups so bad i have no experience at all :(

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Pierce's Pet Peeves obv

And Keitaro, let's say you and I agreed that if one of us wins Inui's upcoming tourney, me and you agreed to split. The day of, before the tourney, I have a change of heart.

If you were going to that tourney anyway, and it did not cause you a change in plans or expense, I did not really inconvenience you in any way, and just decided I no longer wanted to split. It's not like I told you that AFTER THE FACT. I gave you enough warning to know that you can no longer rely on me winning to make money anymore, and visa versa.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I hate MGC. They never keep to their rules, ever.

[COLLAPSE=MGC RULES]
http://www.midnightgamingchampionship.com/games_super_smash_bros_brawl.php

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL

FORMAT:
1VS1

DOUBLE ELIMINATION:

STOCK:

TIME LIMIT:

WINNER OF BEST 2 OUT OF 3 ADVANCES TO THE GRAND FINALS BEING BEST OUT OF 5

(ITEMS)
NONE

NOTE:(IF TIME DOES EXPIRE, THE WINNER WILL BE DETERMINED BY FIRST STOCK, THEN PERCENTAGE. IN THE EVENT BOTH ARE TIED SUDDEN DEATH WILL BE PLAYED OUT.)

(STAGES)
RANDOM:
SMASHVILLE
FINAL DESTINATION
BATTLEFIELD
YOSHI STORY
POKEMON STADIUM 1(MELEE)

COUNTERPICK:
BRINSTAR
LUIGI MANSION
FRIGATE ORPHEON
BATTLESHIP HALBERD
DELFINO PLAZA
LYAT CRUISE
JUNGLE JAPES
CASTLE SIEGE
PICTOCHAT
POKEMON STADIUM 2
RAINBOW CRUISE
NORFAIR
HALBERD

(BANNED STAGES)
MUSHROOMY KINGDOM
MARIO CIRCUIT
BRIDGE OF ELDIN
RUMBLE FALLS
PORT TOWN
WARIO WARE
DISTANT PLANET
NEW PORK CITY
THE SUMMIT
SHADOW MOSES ISLAND
DONKEY KONG ARCADE
SPEAR PILLAR
MARIO BROS.
FLAT ZONE 2
ELECTROPLANKTON
GREAT SEA
GREEN HILL ZONE

(BANNED)
IF BOTH PLAYERS AGREE TO PLAY ON A BANNED STAGE THEN THE STAGE WILL BE PLAYABLE.
NO STALLING (VIA LEDGE OR OTHERWISE). ANY INFINITE CHAIN GRABS MUST BE ENDED AFTER 300% HAS BEEN REACHED AS TO PREVENT EXCESSIVE STALLING. AVOIDING A REACHABLE POSITION OF COMBAT TO PURPOSELY RUN THE TIMER IS STALLING.
STANDING INFINITES ARE BANNED ONLY WHEN USED TO STALL.
NO PLAYER/TEAM MAY COUNTERPICK A STAGE YOU HAVE ALREADY WON ON EARLIER IN THE CURRENT SET.
IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE, CONTROLLER PORTS, COLORS, AND STAGE STRIKE SELECTION ORDER WILL BE DETERMINED BY ROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS.
YOUR CONTROLLER, SETTINGS, AND NAME TAG ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY PRIOR TO THE START OF THE MATCH. ALWAYS CHECK YOU ARE USING THE CORRECT SETTINGS AND EVERYTHING IS WORKING BEFORE A MATCH IS PLAYED. IF A MATCH IS TO BE RESTARTED DUE TO CONTROLLER FUNCTIONS OR INCORRECT SETTINGS, IT MUST BE AGREED UPON BY BOTH PARTIES.
ANY ACTION THAT CAN PREVENT AN IN PROGRESS GAME FROM CONTINUING (I.E., FREEZING, DISAPPEARING CHARACTERS, GAME RESET, TOUCHING THE EQUIPMENT, ETC.) WILL RESULT IN A FORFEIT OF THAT MATCH FOR THE PLAYER THAT INITIATED THE ACTION. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWING YOUR OWN CHARACTER, AND WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR TRIGGERING ONE OF THESE EFFECTS OR ANY CONDUCT PREVENTING THE MATCH FROM FINISHING.
METAKNIGHT'S INFINITE CAPE GLITCH IS BANNED.
IF A PLAYER SUCCESSFULLY ENDS THE MATCH WITH EITHER BOWSER OR GANONDORF'S OVER B ATTACK BY SUICIDE, THEN THE PLAYER WHO INITIATED THE MOVE WINS. IF A PLAYER ENDS THE MATCH BY SWALLOWING WITH KING DEDEDE OR KIRBY, AND IT COUNTS AS A TIE THE PLAYER WHOM INITIATED THE SWALLOWING WINS. UNLESS THE CHARACTER BREAKS OUT PRIOR TO DEATH AND IS SHOWN WINNING THE MATCH. IN WHICH CASE, THAT STANDS AS THE CORRECT RESULT. NORFAIR.
STALLING IS BANNED: THE ACT OF DELIBERATELY AVOIDING ANY AND ALL CONFLICT SO THAT ONE MAY MAKE THE GAME UNPLAYABLE. RUNNING AWAY FROM AN OPPONENT TO REACH A BETTER POSITION IS NOT STALLING. PLAINKING IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE. IF I SEE IT, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR ENTIRE SET.
LEDGE GRAB LIMIT RULE: ALL METAKNIGHTS THAT ENTER A MATCH WILL BE UNDER THE LGL RULE. METAKNIGHTS ARE ALLOWED TO GRAB THE LEDGE A TOTAL OF 55 TIMES PER MATCH. THE NUMBERS CAN BE VIEWED AFTER A MATCH ON THE RESULTS SCREEN. IF YOU EXCEED THE LIMIT EVEN BY A SINGLE LEDGE GRAB YOU WILL LOSE YOUR ENTIRE SET OR MATCH( THE TO WILL DECIDE). HOWEVER, THIS RULE CAN BE IGNORED IF BOTH PLAYERS AGREE.
[/COLLAPSE]

It's funny how this ruleset was directly copied from a HOBO tournament, then altered a bit. Not how "Planking" is misspelled and the word-for-word MK only LGL (something Hobo started)

Garbage.

Jem.

Smash Master
Lol I thought Washington had drama going on. dang.

I still support Mikehaze and Havok leaving vVv. Especially Havok, he could have chosen to keep taking vVv's free hotel expenses/whatever else he gets, but trusted that his friend had good judgement since he introduced him.

I've also heard on multiple accounts (From people outside Smash) that vVv is pretty sketch, which is what has stopped me from sending them my gaming resume and making a sponsorship request. I thought about it a few times since a few vVv players told me they'd probably accept me, but I would want to represent a professional company/community that I am proud of, which it seems Mike is not. Major kudos to mike.

Still this whole thing is crazy haha.

Btw so are M2K + ADHD going to be banned from MLG? Guess it's okay to say since Chibo mentioned it in his post thousands have probably read by now. I heard they might be. I'd be surprised, but then again in Halo 2 Lil Poison got banned from events for having a modded controller to help him double shot. I'll still guess no, since if Dallas doesn't cap, there'd be no reason to ban them from MLG when their game isn't in it lol.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
I know that, but lol, Haze got money for last place and losing to me.

I wouldn't. He won the tournament with those payouts. It was the fact that four players got together to split money only between the four of them leaving out the three of us for seemingly no reason, seeming like they were conspiring against us.

did you completely fail to look at this post :

i think there's a misconception that needs to be cleared up. Chibo, nobody ****ed you out of money. Only the top 2 players were promised money in this tournament, the rest of the money given out is irrelevant and is basically a "you're my friend, here's some money " ordeal. If the top 2 get money, it's their money to spend how they wish.

Why i got money was never relevant upon my placings. I needed money for a ticket and my car, so I asked my FRIENDS if i could have some money. This is what friends do. You and Cheese (fatal is <3 now) were never my friends. We were associated through a company.

also, the only reason i tried to DQ you was because of the ridiculous **** cheese tried to pull off on Elliot and Jason, which you failed to glorify lmao. For example, You said there's nothing wrong with Cheese trying to DQ elliot for being Canadian. ARE YOU SERIOUS? LOL. How do you fail to see the lack of ethic behind this?

Also, this is not even remotely true. Half of your story is an attempt to self glorify you and Cheese. I understand that this is YOUR EXPERIENCE of what happened, but why are you stating things you are unaware of as if they were facts? Really makes me question your credibility when you say "i asked m2k at dc he said we can split"

I talked with Lee and Havok about it, and decided I do not want to be associated with Cheese. I went to the hotel room, and when i came back to talked to vVv Paradise from Staff about me resigning, and let him know it's nothing personal and i'm still friends with him, i just can't be associated with someone like Cheese.

LOL get your story straight

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Btw so are M2K + ADHD going to be banned from MLG? Guess it's okay to say since Chibo mentioned it in his post thousands have probably read by now. I heard they might be. I'd be surprised, but then again in Halo 2 Lil Poison got banned from events for having a modded controller to help him double shot. I'll still guess no, since if Dallas doesn't cap, there'd be no reason to ban them from MLG when their game isn't in it lol.
idk anything but I doubt it. I just know MLG did not like the deal they had that went down.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So I keep getting namesearchbaited.

Mike, good for you for leaving vVv. It's a shame to hear what happened, especially at such a small tournament.

Count

Smash Champion
I don't get how MLG can have reasonable cause to ban Mew2King and ADHD.

Do they regulate gifts that players give? Is ADHD not allowed to give Mew2King money for his birthday?

smokyprogg

Smash Rookie
also, the only reason i tried to DQ you was because of the ridiculous **** cheese tried to pull off on Elliot and Jason, which you failed to glorify lmao.
The Ally thing was silly. Trying to get m2k out because he could not have physically qualified due to being at a LAN even in Australia is completely reasonable.

DotHack

Smash Apprentice
(STAGES)
RANDOM:
SMASHVILLE
FINAL DESTINATION
BATTLEFIELD
YOSHI STORY
POKEMON STADIUM 1(MELEE)

COUNTERPICK:
BRINSTAR
LUIGI MANSION
FRIGATE ORPHEON
BATTLESHIP HALBERD
DELFINO PLAZA
LYAT CRUISE
JUNGLE JAPES
CASTLE SIEGE
PICTOCHAT
POKEMON STADIUM 2
RAINBOW CRUISE
NORFAIR
HALBERD

(BANNED STAGES)
MUSHROOMY KINGDOM
MARIO CIRCUIT
BRIDGE OF ELDIN
RUMBLE FALLS
PORT TOWN
WARIO WARE
DISTANT PLANET
NEW PORK CITY
THE SUMMIT
SHADOW MOSES ISLAND
DONKEY KONG ARCADE
SPEAR PILLAR
MARIO BROS.
FLAT ZONE 2
ELECTROPLANKTON
GREAT SEA
GREEN HILL ZONE
.......ummm

Green Greens anyone?

SKidd

Smash Master
1. Chibo
2. Chibo
3. Chibo
4. Chibo
5. Chibo
6. Chibo
7. Chibo
8. IkeHaze

superfix'd

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I've also heard on multiple accounts (From people outside Smash) that vVv is pretty sketch, which is what has stopped me from sending them my gaming resume and making a sponsorship request. I thought about it a few times since a few vVv players told me they'd probably accept me, but I would want to represent a professional company/community that I am proud of, which it seems Mike is not. Major kudos to mike.
People leave vVv.

vVv is sketch.

/logic

Seriously though, I know a lot of people **** talk us, but a lot of it is word-of-mouth and from the wrong people. We seriously don't go out of our way to **** people over. That wasn't my intention when I started trying to get the vVv Brawl Division together, nor has it ever been.

Unfortunately a lot of people like to hate. It sucks, but that's what happens.

On my end, I can honestly say that we definitely aren't sketch, nor are we looking to make people hate us or screw people over. That has never been our intention and it never will be.

So, please, when this stuff happens, I'd really appreciate if people didn't just degenerate to, "omg vvv sucks" or whatever. Have your opinion, but at least be reasonable. I can understand if vVv, as in the organization itself, was the main cause of the problem, but it wasn't. And this is just coming from a vVv member. I'm not sponsored (I'm sure many of you know that), nor am I part of the competitive gaming memberbase at the site.

I'm just giving my two cents on that.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
People leave vVv.

vVv is sketch.

/logic

Seriously though, I know a lot of people **** talk us, but a lot of it is word-of-mouth and from the wrong people. We seriously don't go out of our way to **** people over. That wasn't my intention when I started trying to get the vVv Brawl Division together, nor has it ever been.

On my end, I can honestly say that we definitely aren't sketch, nor are we looking to make people hate us or screw people over. That has never been our intention and it never will be.

So, please, when this stuff happens, I'd really appreciate if people didn't just degenerate to, "omg vvv sucks" or whatever. Have your opinion, but at least be reasonable. I can understand if vVv, as in the organization itself, was the main cause of the problem, but it wasn't. And this is just coming from a vVv member. I'm not sponsored (I'm sure many of you know that), nor am I part of the competitive gaming memberbase at the site.

It's more of this:

People look at the players with vVv shirts at events. some of these members are cool, others aren't. One of the members is hated amongst 95% of the brawl community. They see him wearing a vVv shirt. vVv is now has a negative connotation because they sponsor this player.

This is illogical, i agree, yet it is how humans respond. If there is an issue with how an organization is perceived, perhaps they should look for the root of it.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Should have been smart then because I clearly said, I DONT WANT TO PLAY MIKEHAZE In BRACKET AND LOSE MY CHANCE OF WINNING THE 5000$. That was the deal I said if you beat him, I'd have the chance of winning the 5000$ and buy you ATLEAST for sure and xzax ticket.

This did not happen, you are VERY VERY BEGGING, even at the airport I could tell you'd stay there forever if you could to beg that lady for the you know what. When we said US 4 WE'RE SPLITTING, that was it, If you can't tell that the deal was off by then and that I WOULD SERIOUSLY PAY ABOUT 600-800$ WORTH of Plane tickets last min purchase for you and Xzax AFTER I split with mikehaze and the others, well dude should have agreed to the top 7 then, would have been as bad as it.

It's not going to work anymore it's better if you drop it now because anything you say was never part of the deal nor we were going to pay you guys or split OTHER than the mikehaze deal that I would have done if I wasnt splitting with anybody.
i already knew you weren't serious and ill told you this and chibo kept saying yeah i know but still ask. i thought he did aswell? guess not....

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Wow

-ANTi-, TURV, blackanese, So Fatal, ch33s3, MulticolorShyGuy, Twilight Prince, Dekillsage, Matt07, Hot_ArmS, Tin Man, Nosboss, 2link121, smokyprogg, omgwtfToph, lucha5, jber4life, junebug, Ninja Edd, AlphaZealot, Gaia_x

Jem.

Smash Master
People leave vVv.

vVv is sketch.

/logic

It's a story that doesn't need to be explained over here, it's about someone not apart of the smash community (since im part of the smash + halo community). But Mike nailed it. When you have probably the sketchiest/lowest player in smash history sponsored, that is how you are perceived. You are only as strong as your weakest member. You guys had Mikehaze and Havok, two of the most respected players in the smash community. Now without them, everyone of course is going to look at the remaining, Chibo/Fino/Cheese, and go, eh, it's not the same.. They lack the class. That is just my opinion, but I can tell you 99% of the smash community do not respect Cheese as a competitor, and if often referred to as one of the sorest losers of all time (Even kanye can't interrupt that)

A lot of smashers dislike vVv was brought on by Cheese. Yes, that's perfectly cool if the vVv community loves Cheese. There's nothing wrong with that, I'm sure he's a cool dude when there is absolutely nothing gaming going on. But Cheese brought the smash vVv hate on by himself, and that's what you'll be viewed as by smash players.

Not trying to be a ****, but it's just how I feel and I know others have told me the same thing

So Fatal

Smash Master
tbh the guys in vVv are really cool. I just don't know if I want to represent a company for only a free room. I want a sponsorship with more incentive and stuff. People also think vvv is awful cause of cheese >.>

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm going to go to a tournament with cheese there and pretend I don't know how to speak english. see if he tries to DQ me

Top Bottom