• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Faster startup on spin attack? That's actually a really good buff, given one of Link's big problems is out of shield options.

Did you check Shocking Spin? Unfortunately that move didn't get any damage buffs.
I didn't check any of the customs pre-patch, unfortunately. Since I don't have two Wii Us I recorded all of the default moves of every character for total frames and start-up time, as well as various stuff on block before the patch hit and that's what I'm using to frame count and double-check for differences, but I didn't record any of the custom moves. So I won't have anything to compare to.

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
I'm definitely noticing more shield damage with Yoshi's down-b. Anyone else notice this?
I doubt that this is the case. Shields already take the full amount of damage from attacks.

Last edited:

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Jesus Christ, can we get a hard post count limit on this thread?
No. People are gonna be wrong. We dealt with it last patch, and we can this patch.

Besides, someone with a low post count that has legit info or is capable of confirming info can now be barred from helping out the community because they don't post at a forum enough. Now think about that for a moment.

Last edited:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
No. People are gonna be wrong. We dealt with it last patch, and we can this patch.
People being wrong is inevitable. People creating accounts just to post obvious placebo feels is very avoidable.

Besides, someone with a low post count that has legit info or is capable of confirming info can now be barred from helping out the community because they don't post at a forum enough. Now think about that for a moment.
You can just make the post count limit 5 or something. Enough to keep people from making brand new accounts just to post about how they think Ganondorf's penis might be bigger.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
However, I definitely did once get 15% with Jigglypuff's Rollout on Pac-Man. I can't replicate it though. :ohwell:
You have the freshness bonus in Smash mode that will result in attacks dealing a bit of extra damage (usually up to around 1%). That is why it's stressed people do their move testing in Training mode (where the stale-move negation and rage mechanics aren't in effect), so we don't get the thousandth false claim of "Move X deals 1% more damage"

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
In other Charizard news, down tilt now hits on frame 9 and FAF is 31, down from 11 and 33. This is replicable by simultaneously inputting the dtilt vs ganon jab (frame 8) and dtilt (10).
When are you guys going to continue LP Every Mario Party? I'm having some serious salt withdrawal bro. Although for Smash, I understand the desire to play the new game instead of Mario Party.

So has it been 100% confirmed that there are no Shulk changes whatsoever? If so, I'm fine with it since the last patch was his best friend, I was just wondering. I keep hearing rumors of a shortened Vision activation time, but it seems exactly the same to me.

Last edited:
20? Where'd you see that? I checked Thinkaman's pastebin which (I'm pretty sure) uses data from v1.0.4 from mastercore, and it says Yoshi Bomb has +10 shield damage both from aerial and grounded startup.

Oh and the stars also have +6 shield damage each? So functionally a total of +16 shield damage.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
This is how you DON'T post things in this thread; no referencable proof
Confirmed, Jigglypuff's rest flower clings on longer. When the opponent stays still and takes the rest, the flower does 1% more than before. Confirmed on the puff boards and reddit. Weird-ass change tho honestly...

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Confirmed, Jigglypuff's rest flower clings on longer. When the opponent stays still and takes the rest, the flower does 1% more than before. Confirmed on the puff boards and reddit. Weird-*** change tho honestly...
And uh....what does this have to do with Mewtwo?

On another note; really love Mewtwo's speed and power now. A better Mewtwo than in Melee, for sure.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I didn't check any of the customs pre-patch, unfortunately. Since I don't have two Wii Us I recorded all of the default moves of every character for total frames and start-up time, as well as various stuff on block before the patch hit and that's what I'm using to frame count and double-check for differences, but I didn't record any of the custom moves. So I won't have anything to compare to.
Well I'm performing both attacks as close together as I can in 1/4 time of Training Mode. It's easy to see that shocking Spin is starting later when you perform both moves uncharged. I tried charging both and releasing at the same time as well, and shocking spin seemed to come out at the same time as normal spin attack. So the theory of the charge window being reduced seems to hold up. Shocking Spin also ended later in this scenario. But it's not at all uncommon for a custom move to be assigned more endlag. Since this move is was the "stronger" version of an existing move.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Yeah, Shocking Spin has always had higher endlag. I should check the frame data on customs at some point.

Wish they had significantly increased the KO power on shocking spin. As it is it's just a slightly more powerful version of Spin Attack that gives him N64 level recovery for a move that's really hard to land in the first place. Not worth it at all, especially since they upped the power of regular spin attack now.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Where are KB reductions on Diddy's Uair and Sheiks Bair?

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Where are KB reductions on Diddy's Uair and Sheiks Bair?
The decrease in the amount of damage dealt by those two attacks affected the amount of knockback dealt. I'm not sure about whether the base knockback and knockback scaling constants were affected.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
:4dk:Donkey Kong
Neutral B Charges slightly faster ?

How is it we've gone almost 10 days and still don't have an accurate time difference for giant punch lol.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
:4dk:Donkey Kong
Neutral B
Charges slightly faster ?

How is it we've gone almost 10 days and still don't have an accurate time difference for giant punch lol.
On Page 24, @ LordWilliam1234 LordWilliam1234 posted

Also I think I can confirm that DK's charge punch gets to full charge faster. Originally (Wii U 1.02) I counted 172 frames from start-up until the portrait's eyes flash (indicating full charge). Now I count 144.
A 28 frame difference is just under a half a second. And to be clear on the actual change, each windup in the animation is completed faster. But Donkey Kong still needs to wind his arms 11 times before he gets a full charge.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
On the OP, I noticed that the "A + B together produces smash attacks" part doesn't mention the fact that you can set it off by modifying controls.

Also, rumble can be set off in the controls menu for all commands (but setting Mid-Smash Rumble to On ingores that)

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Confirmed, Ganondorf's penis is two inches bigger
Placebo. It's the same size as before. Gonna need some video evidence of any changes.

In all seriousness, are the knockback values in the OP the only ones found so far or are we just holding off on adding any KB changes since the data can be inaccurate? I'm fairly sure Sheik's back air has less of it.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Placebo. It's the same size as before. Gonna need some video evidence of any changes.

In all seriousness, are the knockback values in the OP the only ones found so far or are we just holding off on adding any KB changes since the data can be inaccurate? I'm fairly sure Sheik's back air has less of it.
Sheik's back air has less KB because it does less damage. Damage is multiplied with KBG in the knockback formula. If its knockback was nerfed beyond what the damage nerf would, we wouldn't really know until we have a data dump to look at it (or someone gets really bored and tries to do the math), but odds are it wasn't (-3% is a lot).

NewZen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NewZen41
I can say I'm glad that none of my characters got anything in the way of true negatives...if anything at all.

D

Deleted member

':4tlink:Toon Link
Down Smash
First hit knockback reduced (removes first hit only "gimps")'

The knockback on the second hit was reduced as well (I checked the launch distance on it before and after the patch), and hitting the opponent with the tip of the first hit of dsmash now causes it to do 12% instead of 13%, so the loss of the gimp isn't the only change to his dsmash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
You have the freshness bonus in Smash mode that will result in attacks dealing a bit of extra damage (usually up to around 1%). That is why it's stressed people do their move testing in Training mode (where the stale-move negation and rage mechanics aren't in effect), so we don't get the thousandth false claim of "Move X deals 1% more damage"
I thought I was caught up on all the Smash mechanics. :ohwell: Sorry, then.
So has it been 100% confirmed that there are no Shulk changes whatsoever? If so, I'm fine with it since the last patch was his best friend, I was just wondering. I keep hearing rumors of a shortened Vision activation time, but it seems exactly the same to me.
Really? That's actually the only thing I noticed before I read this thread. It's significantly shorter, it now hits a lot of dash attacks that used to miss sometimes.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I thought I was caught up on all the Smash mechanics. :ohwell: Sorry, then.
Really? That's actually the only thing I noticed before I read this thread. It's significantly shorter, it now hits a lot of dash attacks that used to miss sometimes.
By activation time, I mean duration where the move will counter an incoming blow, not the actual animation time of the slash. Both of these things are unchanged though it seems. If you connected on a dash attack, you probably just timed it better than before so the opponent couldn't slip by. Shulk literally seems unchanged in every way. No damage changes, The arts haven't been changed at all, all of his specials are unchanged etc. Only things I've noticed are opponent's slipping out of U-Smash' first hit more often and AS auto-snapping the ledge more, both of which are almost certainly placebo.

sgib64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sgib64
So? Can anyone confirm that the pac man trampoline exploit no longer works ? Cause maybe we're doing it wrong.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
By activation time, I mean duration where the move will counter an incoming blow, not the actual animation time of the slash. Both of these things are unchanged though it seems. If you connected on a dash attack, you probably just timed it better than before so the opponent couldn't slip by. Shulk literally seems unchanged in every way. No damage changes, The arts haven't been changed at all, all of his specials are unchanged etc. Only things I've noticed are opponent's slipping out of U-Smash' first hit more often and AS auto-snapping the ledge more, both of which are almost certainly placebo.
No, I meant that some dash attacks would previously go straight through Shulk when he counters it, but it will now hit most (if not all) dashes when countered. The animation for after he counters the attacks has been shortened.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
When are you guys going to continue LP Every Mario Party? I'm having some serious salt withdrawal bro. Although for Smash, I understand the desire to play the new game instead of Mario Party.

Actually, according to Jerm's Shulk gude, Dthrow kills at 100%(In Smash mode, at the edge presumably). That guide was made in Patch 1.0.5. When I tested it, it didn't kill the target until about 122-126%*.

*To test my data, go to Omega Guar Plains at Shulk against Marth(level 3), and set him to stop. Around the percentages I mentioned above, Go to Smash Art, run up to Marth(make sure he's at the edge), and Dthrow him. Depending on how close you are to Marth when you grab him, it'll kill.

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
Asking if there have there been any behaviour changes to the CPUs fighting style or to character's final smashes.
It'll probably be difficult to check but can someone with both versions try running a few 'free for all' or even some one on one matches with them at level 9 in Smash solo play.

Probably not as urgent or important as the balance patches but still...

They don't seem as ...on point with punishes and perfect shielding on Level 9. They still dodge about every attack in the air however but it's like they're stuck at 7-8.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Asking if there have there been any behaviour changes to the CPUs fighting style or to character's final smashes.
It'll probably be difficult to check but can someone with both versions try running a few 'free for all' or even some one on one matches with them at level 9 in Smash solo play.

Probably not as urgent or important as the balance patches but still...

They don't seem as ...on point with punishes and perfect shielding on Level 9. They still dodge about every attack in the air however but it's like they're stuck at 7-8.
I've noticed that it takes them slightly more time to break out of grabs. I used to never be able to pummel level 9s, now I can usually get one hit in at high percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom