• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Anyone wanna help me with Doc? I'm not noticing anything but I'd like other input.
If no ones answered you yet, (cause **** me if I'm scrolling through 1,300 messages) Doc Punch has been buffed in damage and knockback, Dr. Tornado has the slightest bit less ending lag, and up smash now sends opponents to the side.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
If no ones answered you yet, (cause **** me if I'm scrolling through 1,300 messages) Doc Punch has been buffed in damage and knockback, Dr. Tornado has the slightest bit less ending lag, and up smash now sends opponents to the side.
By Doc Punch, do you mean f-air? Because I'm positive that his up B was unchanged. Also, I have to test the Tornado. That sounds like placebo but could be true. If that's the case, are his customs affected and is Luigi's cyclone plus customs affected?

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
By Doc Punch, do you mean f-air? Because I'm positive that his up B was unchanged. Also, I have to test the Tornado. That sounds like placebo but could be true. If that's the case, are his customs affected and is Luigi's cyclone plus customs affected?
Yes, Doc Punch is fair. I forgot to test his customs, but you can definitely shield after the Tornado a split second quicker in 1.0.6 than you could in 0.4. Luigi is completely unchanged with the exception of his Fireball, which really isn't enough to do anything.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
but you can definitely shield after the Tornado a split second quicker in 1.0.6 than you could in 0.4.
Nope; I've tested this side-by-side repeatedly.

After Pac-Man and ZSS grab, it's one of the placebos people have been spreading around the most.

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Ive been away for a few dys, any news on when we should have actual hard data from the update?
I'd like to know this as well. Hopefully they're here sooner rather than later.

As for Pac-Man's grab, has there been a change to the visual effects to be more accurate to the actual hitboxes (in either version)? That could be what's throwing people off and causing so much placebo with it. I know the attack functionality is exactly the same, but I'm not sure if visual changes are covered. I think Zelda also had a few added from personal experience, at least in 3DS.

Last edited:

JohnnyFifth

Smash Rookie
There hasn't been a change at all. Comparing your video to my unpatched 3DS, they are exactly alike.Pac's grab was probably always different than his grab in the Wii U version, but we are just now noticing.

I don't have recording software to show his grab from the previous version, you can delete your patch and compare it to your video if you want though.
I may be one of very few people who were Exclusive to Wii U prior to the patch and have been exclusive to the 3DS after the patch. That is why I was so convinced that it was the patch changed it, the two games are supposed to be identical as far as characters are concerned.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I'd like to know this as well. Hopefully they're here sooner rather than later.

As for Pac-Man's grab, has there been a change to the visual effects to be more accurate to the actual hitboxes (in either version)? That could be what's throwing people off and causing so much placebo with it. I know the attack functionality is exactly the same, but I'm not sure if visual changes are covered. I think Zelda also had a few added from personal experience, at least in 3DS.
Apparently Pac-Man's grab on 3DS animates a bit differently (though is functionally the exact same in every way). And since most people did their testing by comparing an unpatched 3DS with patched WiiU while ignorant of the gameplay differences between the two (most notably the larger blastzones on 3DS stages), led people to thinking his grab got altered in the patch (along with innumerable false claims of attacks KOing about 10-20% sooner).

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
Read a few pages back in the topic regarding pac-man shenanigans. Very stern redditors are strictly blind to the frame data when the 3ds animation is different. I guess they never updated their WiiU or vice versa afterward.

On the other hand, I can't wait to rub the raw frame-data in their faces when it's released. I could use more downvotes.

JohnnyFifth

Smash Rookie
Apparently Pac-Man's grab on 3DS animates a bit differently (though is functionally the exact same in every way). And since most people did their testing by comparing an unpatched 3DS with patched WiiU while ignorant of the gameplay differences between the two (most notably the larger blastzones on 3DS stages), led people to thinking his grab got altered in the patch (along with innumerable false claims of attacks KOing about 10-20% sooner).
Pac Man's grab is more than just an animation difference. You are correct about people comparing it to the unpatched 3DS version but even the patched version has the the different animation. The grab animation on the Wii U takes almost twice as long on the Wii U as it does on the 3DS which is more than enough to call it functionally different. On the 3DS the grab is slightly shorter and does not linger at maximum length which makes the grab duration significantly different/shorter. On the 3DS you can do 9 grabs back to back in about 11 seconds. If you do 9 grabs back to back on the Wii U it takes about 20 seconds. Pac Man missing a grab on the 3DS is much less easy to punish than on the Wii U.

Firefoxx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefoxx200
3DS FC
1821-9385-9105
Pac Man's grab is more than just an animation difference. You are correct about people comparing it to the unpatched 3DS version but even the patched version has the the different animation. The grab animation on the Wii U takes almost twice as long on the Wii U as it does on the 3DS which is more than enough to call it functionally different. On the 3DS the grab is slightly shorter and does not linger at maximum length which makes the grab duration significantly different/shorter. On the 3DS you can do 9 grabs back to back in about 11 seconds. If you do 9 grabs back to back on the Wii U it takes about 20 seconds. Pac Man missing a grab on the 3DS is much less easy to punish than on the Wii U.
They have different animations and the exact same start-up, endlag and hitbox. It is not faster on the 3DS and this has been debunked about 5 different times in this very thread.

I can't wait for the raw frame data so that we can finally put this incredibly absurd case of the placebo effect to bed.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Nope; I've tested this side-by-side repeatedly.

After Pac-Man and ZSS grab, it's one of the placebos people have been spreading around the most.
I've tested it as well, and there is a slight difference.
Also, I don't see too much of a difference in Pac-Man's grab.

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
To steer the conversation away from Pac-Man, has Kirby's Ice Breath custom been updated to be the same speed as Inhale post patch? Seems exactly the same to me.

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
The tip. It says Luigi's fireball doesn't travel as far, but doesn't lose power as it leaves him. It now does.
I really don't know what you mean by the "tip". Nobody here has claimed that Luigi's fireball travels a different distance, that would be quite noticeable after all. The change is that Luigi's Fireball will now deal 5% damage after it travels a set length of its full distance.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
I really don't know what you mean by the "tip". Nobody here has claimed that Luigi's fireball travels a different distance, that would be quite noticeable after all. The change is that Luigi's Fireball will now deal 5% damage after it travels a set length of its full distance.
He is talking about one of the tips that you can read in the Tips section of the Vault. It is titled "Luigi: Fireball". Another one that needs to be changed is the one titled "The Three Lightest Fighters".

Last edited:

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
He is talking about one of the tips that you can read in the Tips section of the Vault. It is titled "Luigi: Fireball". Another one that needs to be changed is the one titled "The Three Lightest Fighters".
There was one changed for Zelda. "
  • Zelda: Phantom Slash – If the Phantom takes 13% damage or more, he'll be destroyed. After that, you'll have to wait six seconds before summoning him again.
Changed to:

• Zelda: Phantom Slash – Zelda's Phantom can take some damage. But when it's destroyed, she can't summon another one for a while.
May not be word for word, but it definitely used "a while" instead of a certain amount of time.

The only other new tips I'm aware of are the ones that are about Mewtwo, but I'm sure some others were changed or added too.

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
There was one changed for Zelda. "
  • Zelda: Phantom Slash – If the Phantom takes 13% damage or more, he'll be destroyed. After that, you'll have to wait six seconds before summoning him again.
Changed to:

• Zelda: Phantom Slash – Zelda's Phantom can take some damage. But when it's destroyed, she can't summon another one for a while.
May not be word for word, but it definitely used "a while" instead of a certain amount of time.

The only other new tips I'm aware of are the ones that are about Mewtwo, but I'm sure some others were changed or added too.
The first one seems to be for the Wii U version while the second one seems to be for the 3DS version, according to the two respective articles in the Smash Wiki site.

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
Did the Flying Man have sound effects before?
Yep he did...makes that weird squawk sound when he dives.
I only recently found you could grab the jerk too.I've always just bashed him in the face. xD

randomnessmain

Smash Rookie
New Clash Tournaments video shows Link's dash attack getting a nerf from 13% > 12%, also a change in the down tilt knockback which potentially has to do with modification of the moves spiking abilities, I'm not sure. Either way, check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zubq1Tu8PUk&index=13&list=PLlIHVxA7UoL2me49_ivTfSPeXn0_7PSOC

Also, I would like to second some additional testing on Charizard's up B, as side by side testing clearly shows some sort of difference. Potentially swapped hitboxes like on fair? or angle of knockback change?

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
Head programmer: What were they complaining about again?
Programmer 1: The invincibility on Mario's up-smash.
Head programmer: Okay, hey you two! Take the invincibility off of Mario's up-smash!
Programmer 2: What did he say?
Programmer 3: I think he said to alter the trajectory of Dr. Mario's up-smash.
Programmer 2: Oh, Okay.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
1.07 Patch just seemingly dropped (at least for WiiU).

It's forcing me to update (and I'm just doing it now).
It seems very small, the download was under a minute but the patching part seems a little longer.

Probably just the mewtwo fixes?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yeah, I just got forced to update as well.

Replays still work, so no balance changes.

Last edited:

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
Finally, I've been locked out of online for like a week now.

Too bad the customs aren't abusable anymore, though. RIP my hopes of ever beating Classic at 9.0 without losing a life, 2015-2015.

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
-Insert all of OP here-
Could you have a little spoiler box listing off whatever new thing was found and added to the list of changes?
I personally only check this thread for the first post every now and then and I can rarely ever tell what were the most recent things that got added to the list so it makes it hard to use this sometimes.

It's cool if this ain't happening though, was just a thought.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
So do Mewtwo's custom glitches still work?

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Nope. They don't do anything anymore, but the old replays recorded of the glitches still play.
That tells me that whatever data the glitch tricked the game into looking at is still there, they just closed the loophole that let us tell the game to look there in the first place. Mildly interesting, I guess.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
They essentially removed an interface issue where you were able to "input" things they weren't expecting. The backend issue remained untouched, probably because every character "has to have those things" anyway (customs).

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Found that Donkey Kong's Jab 1 no longer jab locks with the close hit in 1.06. And I can confirm it worked in 1.05 and prior on my 3DS. I surmise the reason must be that they changed the sakurai angle to a real angle of 70 degrees, or something that pushes the opponent forward. Because the far hitbox pulls them in with a real 130 angle, and that never jab locked.

Change is Jab 1 Sakurai angle removed - no longer jab locks at close range.

I've been playing with the move at 999% and finding several different angles depending on DK's proximity to the target. So Jab 1's hitboxes will be something to look out for when the data dump is out.

Scott Melonball

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2148-8224-9599
It seems like Pit and Dark Pit's side b has less super armor frames now. Sometimes I get hit out of it mid dash. Can someone confirm or disconfirm this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom