• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok for a general changes

Remember that you had to keep selecting your name over and over again in the wii u version after each mode

That is gone once you select a name it sticks until you turn off the wii u.

And number 2

Its more common to find custom specials/trophies in the game modes (The RNG for those has ben fixed its easier now)

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The first one is already in the list.
The second one reeks of confirmation bias, which is unfortunately inevitable when it comes to RNG within a game.

Yet again, either check properly to see if it's been listed or debunked or PROVIDE PROOF.

Last edited:

ChickenJon

Smash Rookie
Don't know if it's been stated or not yet, but G&W bucket fills completely with a single mewtwo shadowball.

Edit: Nvm, didn't realize this wasn't unnatural lol.

Last edited:

Aidalator64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aidalator64
On Twitter, Japanese player SnakeHeart is claiming that frame cancelling, which was previously only performable on hit, is now performable on shield as well. Can anyone confirm this?
Yes, please i'd like to know aswell! I've been practicing my frame-cancelled knees for ages now and i would like to know if my practice has become even more useful

On Twitter, Japanese player SnakeHeart is claiming that frame cancelling, which was previously only performable on hit, is now performable on shield as well. Can anyone confirm this?
Btw dude, where can i find this tweet?

Last edited by a moderator:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
If you have something to add to your post, use the "Edit" button at the bottom of it, please avoid double posting.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
G&W's up-tilt got a knockback direction change that makes it knock opponents behind him instead of above him.
It's always been that way. Make sure to set the CPU in training mode on 'control' though because it seems like CPUs always DI away in training mode now. G&W is unchanged.

:059:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Even so, it'll be a while before we can get the data in a readable format like this, right? Somebody's gotta translate it into English. Both literally and figuratively.
I have a script that generates this. As soon as dant updates and runs his mastercore scripts and the 1.0.6 files are publicly facing, I can run mine.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You can still test stuff on the 3DS. You just need to know that CPUs tend to DI in training mode now which can lead you to falsely believe that some move have altered knockback. I'm pretty sure that's what happened to Peach's dthrow as well - I don't think the knockback is actually different, it's just the CPU that DIs away now.

:059:

create314

Smash Rookie
Yes, please i'd like to know aswell! I've been practicing my frame-cancelled knees for ages now and i would like to know if my practice has become even more useful

Btw dude, where can i find this tweet?
It's in this series of tweets: https://twitter.com/sh_ssb/status/589427118724939778, https://twitter.com/sh_ssb/status/589428583820472323, https://twitter.com/sh_ssb/status/589430229069758465, https://twitter.com/sh_ssb/status/589430874606686208, https://twitter.com/sh_ssb/status/589431765346877440.

Be warned, they are completely written in Japanese.

Krypton

Smash Cadet
Why can't Villager pocket the springs anymore?
use your brain. He can't pocket trampoline because that was utterly unfair for Pac-Man, because it made his already predictable recovery nonexistant, and made Villager's already incredible recovery even better.

they did the same thing for Sonic, probably unintentionally.
edit: or for the same reason; more recovery for Villager. :4villager:

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
use your brain. He can't pocket trampoline because that was utterly unfair for Pac-Man, because it made his already predictable recovery nonexistant, and made Villager's already incredible recovery even better.

they did the same thing for Sonic, probably unintentionally.
edit: or for the same reason; more recovery for Villager. :4villager:
Actually it's because of a glitch causing Villager to teleport after Sonic or Pac-Man used another spring/trampoline.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
@ Thinkaman Thinkaman or anyone who still has the previous patch.

I need Mario's U-Smash to be tested. I've noticed it kills earlier and I'm hearing from others it kills 5% earlier.

Luigi player

Smash Master
ZSS up tilt was definitely nerfed. It's slower starting up and doesn't "suck in" opponents like it used to.
It's still frame 3, unless Sonics and Ness' jab are frame 4 now. It should also still hit the opponent diagonally upwards into her which should be the "sucking in" you're talking about?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well that WOULD be convenient for me
But I have "A" bound to B and "B" bound to X (With Jump being A and Y)
So
:I
It automatically binds Smash and Attack together with whatever button configuration. So, for example, my Smash button is Y and Attack is X on the 3DS which would mean my "A + B" would be "X + Y". If I swap out B to Attack, then it'd be "B + Y".

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also confirming the :4kirby: knockback buffs to usmash and dsmash.

Mario on 3DS FD, no DI:

Usmash: 112% → 105%
Dsmash: 120% → 116%

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It automatically binds Smash and Attack together with whatever button configuration. So, for example, my Smash button is Y and Attack is X on the 3DS which would mean my "A + B" would be "X + Y". If I swap out B to Attack, then it'd be "B + Y".
My 2 attack buttons are on the opposite sides of eachother (Bottom for A, top for B) so I can't exactly do that without making my hand go in this weird position. :I
And I'm so used to that scheme, so changing it would screw me sideways :b

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
People have their reasons for using and not using it. For example, Rosalina's ability to have Luma constantly Rapid Jab while using other moves is somewhat hindered by it.

LightLV

Smash Ace
Hey it's been a minute! Smash 4 got updated, lets check those patch no-

...Oh....there's no patch notes?

...Good god, Nintendo. Did nobody tell them it's 2015 yet? What could possibly be the motive behind omitting character changes in patch notes other than being insufferably obnoxious?

Last edited:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
I guess they don't want people dropping characters because of nerfs that they wouldn't have otherwise noticed. Either that or the placebo effect was intentional.

Last edited:

Thunder_py

Smash Rookie
CONFIRMED CHANGE

not to important though(i just wanna be famous)..

engine

·
Display mode on wii u gamepad (char % or same as tv(a.k.a. off-tv)) will now persist after the first change
Important: When not using gamepad as controller !

obs.: Confirmed bc I play sometimes without tv and every time i played a match, character % were shown instead of off-tv mode, so my mind got used to touch the screen in order to play off tv, but know the second game already showed off-tv. Also this extents the amiibo-farm change to general play

Last edited:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
People have their reasons for using and not using it. For example, Rosalina's ability to have Luma constantly Rapid Jab while using other moves is somewhat hindered by it.
Specials cancel the desynched rapid jab anyways, so if you want to use them during the rapid jab you can just let go of "a" before using the special to get the same effect.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Specials cancel the desynched rapid jab anyways, so if you want to use them during the rapid jab you can just let go of "a" before using the special to get the same effect.
Life lessons. That's good to know.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
No changes to Mr. Game & Watch? Interesting. I recently played some Smash with a gaming group and did damn well. There might have been minor buffs to G&W since I hadn't played Smash in a long time, or maybe I was actually on top form, or maybe both.

Also, my mate said that despite them trying to nerf Diddy, they actually buffed him because now his Uair has less knockback, so now even though he has less KO potential with that move, he can combo more with it.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Villagers recovery got nerfed. It is now significantly harder to recover with one balloon. Forgive me if this was already brought up

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Nah before it was just severely slowed down with not as much distance
You're right, it does work like that if you pop while Villager is rising (my experience was from when Villager wasn't rising when a balloon was popped, which then kept him from regaining his momentum), but I just tested it in 1.0.6 against pre-patched, and it still works the same across both.

Last edited:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
There's no mention of Yoshi's Egg Toss on the front page, so I thought I'd mention it here. It seems to me like it takes him longer before he can act out of an Egg Toss (Aerial, at least). It seems like a change to IASA (Interrupt timing).

Even though I'm not an in-depth Yoshi player this still seemed fairly obvious to me. A common Yoshi tactic was to Short Hop -> Egg Toss -> Nair so that Yoshi would be using a N-air right along with the Egg Toss. Now he cannot N-air until he almost hits the ground.

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
You know I could almost swear that all grabs were universally made longer, even Force Palm grab. This is just a feel thing though, and I'm not capable of testing differences.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Patch 1.0.7 confirmed :awesome:

2015年4月16日

『大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ for Nintendo 3DS
/ Wii U』をプレイされている皆さまへのおしらせ

クラブニンテンドーのキャンペーンで先行配信しております「ミュウツー」を使用して、「シンプル」、「オールスター」、「競技場」、「フィギュアラッシュ」、「フィールドスマッシュ(for 3DS)」のいずれかをプレイした後にインターネット接続されますと、世界戦闘力が不正データと誤判定されてしまう場合があり、不正と判定されるとインターネットに接続できなくなる不具合を確認しております。プレイ中のお客様にはご迷惑をおかけすることとなり、誠に申し訳ございません。

現在、この症状を修正する更新データの準備を進めておりますが、更新データの配信までは、「ミュウツー」を使用して「シンプル」、「オールスター」、「競技場」、「フィギュアラッシュ」、「フィールドスマッシュ(for 3DS)」をプレイすることは控えていただきますようお願いいたします。

なお、「大乱闘」、「インターネット」、「ワールドスマッシュ(for Wii U)」についてはこの不具合の影響はございません。

更新データの配信は準備ができ次第、本ページにおいてご案内させていただきます。

It says they will fix the Mewtwo bugs, but maybe they will change other things?
I doubt it, but you never know with Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom