• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight Officially Banned In Italy.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
i was going through some post today on some character forums and i found this out, i know he's overpowered but wow a ban...hopefully this won't spread to the other countries. It might help the metagame of the other characters in the game imo...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if there was to be any character banning, i personally think snake should be banned before MK :laugh:

but yea, this seems pretty dumb

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Hahaha. there are characters and players who do REALLY well against MK. clearly he doesn't warrant a ban. i agree with Zoro. italy is full of pansies.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
i've even seen a ZSS get with an MK before (Nick Riddle's awesome) G&W can take on MK just fine, Italy is crying...the metagame of other characters will increase but...if they decide to go international with the game then they'll get wreck by other metaknight using countries...we should post video on their forum of our foxes, snakes, marth, warios and many other characters that can and do beat mks.

Cinder

Smash Master

Breaking news, Italy has just announced a new design for their National Flag. I like it.
WIN!!

But yeah, MK's banned from Italy's scene, eh? It's gotten to that point...tsk tsk...did they at least explain why? I mean, other than tournament records? DSmash/Mach tornado spam? Just all around too godly?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Italy has never even hosted a Brawl tournament. The TC of the original thread in the MK boards said this.

MK hasn't really been banned; it doesn't mean anything.

Master Raven

Smash Master
What affinity said.

Honestly I am not against an MK ban... but what I am against is considering banning him this early. It would be MUCH better if we simply give the metagame much more time to develop before we can even start considering such a thing. As far as I'm concerned MK shouldn't be banned, and I'm not biased for MK, because I have several other characters I'm already good with (most notably DK) to fall back on if such a thing ever occurs. People were whining about Snake several months ago and raved over how he would completely dominate the scene, and look how that turned out. I'm hoping the same will happen for MK.

Heck, I LOVE fighting MK. >_>

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
MK is like my favorite matchup.

My main point about this whole thing is:

every character has bad matchups...as far as I've seen.

MK can lose, in a reasonable scenario...as in, two skilled players..., to Lucario, Snake, Fox, marth, Diddy...and several others.. so what's the huge deal about him?

Snake has, on the whole, better matchups, imo, but he's been shown to lose to DDD, and have roughly even matches against a large number of characters... also not so broken.

They're good, yes... but they already have weak matchups and it's this early in the scene? Why does this look so familiar to me?

Oh yeah...it's because the SAME EXACT THING happened with Shiek in Melee. She dominated the game for the first year or so... then a Marth popped up that could beat her... the Spacies were shown to be good picks. Sure, she still beats 3/4 of the Melee characters (reasonably)...but she's still not the best in the game. *shrug*

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
i thought that was the french?
No. On september 1940(forget the day), the Axis powers were made with the signing Tripartite Pact. Germany, Italy, and Japan were the three nations to sign it. So technically Italy was one of the first to give to the power. Mussolini did this however because he wanted Italy to be as powerful as it was when the roman empire exsisted. This never happened for them :(

I could go into more detail.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i rather have king ddd banned than meta knight. and snake banned beofre meta knight? not gonna happen. snake's manageable, just like meta knight. i just can't fight against ddd (no offense ddd players).

Master Raven

Smash Master
He's just tough in general for me right now. I've honestly given up on fighting him with MK and will be using DDD for him instead.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
Italian players are just mad that Mario and Luigi aren't winning tournaments

THIS ACTUALLY MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD. too funny!!!!!

I hate MK soooooooo much, but not even i would say to ban him outright this early in the gane, if at all. No i cant beat MK, but that doesnt mean he isnt beatable in general. Im just a nobb he doesnt want to switch characters for one matchup.

-hiro

Master Raven

Smash Master
IMO the top 5 characters to use for MK (in order) are Snake, Diddy, DK, Falco and either Yoshi or Wolf (yes, Wolf. Only disadvantage in this matchup from what I can tell is his gimpable recovery, but even gimping Wolf can be easier said than done...).

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
He's just tough in general for me right now. I've honestly given up on fighting him with MK and will be using DDD for him instead.
true, some have a hard time. i'm a kirby player, and all i have to do is grab him and combo him. but yea he is tough to an extend.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
MK is far and away the best character in the game, and I support the ban whole heartedly.

I hate how everyone just basically says "ROFL ITALY=NUBZ"

Look guys, this needs to be seriously discussed. I'm considering getting back into brawl for a tiny bit just so I can try to host a large tournament with MK banned.

I've already argued this very much in the original thread, but i'll give you an idea on how serious it might be the case in the US. The backroom currently has a discussion going on about it, and almost everyone is in agreement that at the very least the discussion needs to be held. And I know many agree with my original idea from 2 months ago and just ban the dumb character.

Brawl wont advance at all until metaknight is banned.

PS: The game has been out for 9 months, not a week. We're at the point where we can start making educated statements about the game.

Zoro

Smash Champion
nah metaknight is easy there is nothing broken about him

hes better so what
we've had plenty of em and look we got different characters winning tourneys.

Tornado spam? Big deal
Without it metaknight is even easier to beat.

I stand by my ITALY= Nubz statement because if ive been dealing with them so can the rest of the world.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
nah metaknight is easy there is nothing broken about him

hes better so what
we've had plenty of em and look we got different characters winning tourneys.

Tornado spam? Big deal
Without it metaknight is even easier to beat.

I stand by my ITALY= Nubz statement because if ive been dealing with them so can the rest of the world.
please come back when you beat every US metaknight and place first at all tournaments.

Top Bottom