• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight Officially Banned In Italy.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Im not saying im gonna win any tourneys cuz i can play against metaknights

but obviously other people are doing it

If metaknights win the majority so what? Its not like fox and falco didnt win the majority of melee tourneys.

Hes the better character but that doesnt mean other characters cant win

Last i checked snake was winning more anyway and the small amount of metaknights that are undefeated or whatever have earned it because scrubby metaknights lose alot. You actually have to know the character to do well with him. I cant enter an tourney and **** with him.

Again a very good fox should do better than any other good person and thats whats going on with meta. I dont see a problem with that.

And since ive mained ganon i havnt lost to one metaknight in tournamant yet ive lost to fox and DK. The focus of this topic is metaknight so thats why im talking about him but im not saying im the **** and im gonna win every tourney cuz i can beat them. In fact id say ban DDD before any character because i really believe DDD is gay.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
forget meta knight! ban ddd instead. meta knights easy. come on he's not THAT hard.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Im not saying im gonna win any tourneys cuz i can play against metaknights

but obviously other people are doing it

If metaknights win the majority so what? Its not like fox and falco didnt win the majority of melee tourneys.

Hes the better character but that doesnt mean other characters cant win

Last i checked snake was winning more anyway and the small amount of metaknights that are undefeated or whatever have earned it because scrubby metaknights lose alot. You actually have to know the character to do well with him. I cant enter an tourney and **** with him.
Statistics say otherwise:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954

but i'll quote the pertinent information.

If you think this is a tier list, you are a MORON.
This is merely an interpretation of tournament results, organized into ranks. Your opinions don't matter when it comes to character placement, only tournament placings do.

If you want to see the old thread post, go here:
http://theviashino.com/ssbb/oldrankings.txt

Expect to see something on Sunday, June 15.

If you want to contribute tournament results, please provide the following:
MAKE SURE IT WAS AT LEAST 13 PEOPLE IN THE TOURNAMENT
Number of entrants
Entry fee
Where it was (what state it was in, or something)
Top 8, with character main for each of the top 8
Link to tournament page or results page

TOURNAMENT RESULTS FROM TWO MONTHS OR OLDER ARE NO LONGER COUNTED.

Character Rankings List
Last Updated: Monday, September 15, 2008

The math behind the list is as follows:
Base values are
1 for top eight
4 for top four
7 for second
10 for first
Base values are then multiplied by number of entrants and entry fee, then divided by 160. This helps account for larger tournaments being more relevant than smaller ones. If two characters are listed, both gain half the points. On that note, PLEASE ONLY PROVIDE MAINS. I don't care if you randomly picked Captain Falcon for a random game in your first round if you spent the rest of the tournament as Meta Knight.

Format on detailed list is as follows:
# Character (character placements) - points - previous rank #
Lime means the character moved up in rank
Red means the character moved down in rank
Cyan means the character was previously unranked
Green means the character is Luigi

Tournament Reference List is here:
http://theviashino.com/ssbb/tournaments2.txt

*: Meta Knight
S: Snake
A: Wario, (Falco, King Dedede), Mr. Game & Watch
B: (Marth, Lucario), (ROB, Diddy Kong, Pikachu), (Kirby, Peach, Olimar)
C: (Wolf, Pit), Donkey Kong, (Ice Climbers, Pokémon Trainer, Zero Suit Samus, Zelda/Sheik)
D: (Luigi, Mario, Fox), Toon Link, (Bowser, Sonic), Zelda
E: (Yoshi, Ike, Link, Samus), (Ness, Jigglypuff, Lucas, Sheik), Ganondorf, Captain Falcon

DETAILS
* Rank <LOLquaza>
1 :metaknight: Meta Knight (44 top8, 26 top4, 15 top2, 30 wins) - 1385.8

S Rank <Uber>
2 :snake: Snake (30 top8, 20 top4, 11 top2, 7 wins) - 835.4

A Rank <Overused>
3 :wario: Wario (8 top8, 3 top4, 3 top2, 6 wins) - 419.8

4 :falco: Falco (24 top8, 9 top4, 5 top2, 4 wins) - 360.5
4 :dedede: King Dedede (15 top8, 18 top4, 9 top2, 4 wins) - 329.8 - 5

6 :gw: Mr. Game & Watch (22 top8, 13 top4, 7 top2, 5 wins) - 292.6

B Rank <Standard>
7 :marth: Marth (25 top8, 13 top4, 6 top2, 3 wins) - 193.2
7 :lucario: Lucario (10 top8, 7 top4, 3 top2, 3 wins) - 188.1

9 :rob: ROB (16 top8, 9 top4, 3 top2, 1 win) - 161.0
9 :diddy: Diddy Kong (12 top8, 5 top4, 3 top2, 1 win) - 154.2
9 :pikachu2: Pikachu (10 top8, 4 top4, 4 top2, 6 wins) - 147.9 - 11

top ten or so characters in tournament placings, and pretty much on the tier list. Look at the radical gap between MK and Snake. And if you read it there's weight given to size of tournament, placing, character usage, etc. AND it uses only tournaments from the past 2 months. If that isnt current, pertinent info I dunno what you want.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
What the...? This is just odd. Banning MK? My first time against an MK...hmm....well with my Main...I won. Peach, FTW. I see how you can want to ban MK. Think about it, though. Ban him, and people are just going to find another character to mess with and make beyond all broken. *shrugs* I think Banning him would be like Banning Fox or Marth in Melee. Or like Banning Pikachu or Kirby in 64. (Pikachu being the best Example. Goddang!!! Super Pikachu bros. 64) Sorry to intrude, this just made me lol and wonder. I'm not a competitive player of Brawl, but I've experienced a competitve MK. Doesn't scare me, but I know it's Gay.

"Crank that Roy"
"Gimpin' is a Habit"

Zoro

Smash Champion
Then im mistaken
Last time i checked that list snake was at the top

Either way i doubt metaknight will ever be banned
too many people play him.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
the character doesn't need to be banned. Fox wins wayyyyyy more melee tournaments than MK does brawl tournaments. Sheik is just as broken in Melee as MK is in brawl.

There's just a such thing as good characters, guys. when we start banning characters rather than learning how to beat them, thats when the problem arises. People have figured out how to beat MK. That a lone is enough to leave him unbanned. The diff. between MK and someone like Akuma in super turbo is that there is no strategy to beat Akuma. He's literally broken. MK just happens to be a good character that people don't feel like learning how to beat. whatever happened to no johns.
you didn't complain with sheik instacomboed you at 50 percent and took your stock? or when marth stood at the edge and flicked the c stick a bunch of times to kill you?

If you have a problem with lots of people maining him, well that's just what happens to good characters. Again, see: Fox in Melee. I would say over half of melee players play Fox. and about 90 percent use him as a secondary. That's just what happens. The same's going to happen with MK in Brawl. That is, unless this useless neverending bickering continues.

Leh

Smash Ace
the character doesn't need to be banned. Fox wins wayyyyyy more melee tournaments than MK does brawl tournaments. Sheik is just as broken in Melee as MK is in brawl.

There's just a such thing as good characters, guys. when we start banning characters rather than learning how to beat them, thats when the problem arises. People have figured out how to beat MK. That a lone is enough to leave him unbanned. The diff. between MK and someone like Akuma in super turbo is that there is no strategy to beat Akuma. He's literally broken. MK just happens to be a good character that people don't feel like learning how to beat. whatever happened to no johns.
you didn't complain with sheik instacomboed you at 50 percent and took your stock? or when marth stood at the edge and flicked the c stick a bunch of times to kill you?

If you have a problem with lots of people maining him, well that's just what happens to good characters. Again, see: Fox in Melee. I would say over half of melee players play Fox. and about 90 percent use him as a secondary. That's just what happens. The same's going to happen with MK in Brawl. That is, unless this useless neverending bickering continues.
Yeah i've heard people saying that MK is like Akuma, those people usually dont know what they are talking about. MK is really good but no akuma.

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman

The only difference is the ridiculous characters in melee actually made a tier. Reason why people want mk banned is because he's alone in his tier as compared to Fox Falco Shiek Marth and Peach that essentially counter each other.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
It doesn't matter how much a character is played.. it doesn't matter how a character does against most other characters in the game...

There is no reason to ban a character unless they are unbeatable... and that's simply not the case with MK...

You can come back with, "well, go beat every MK then" and feel all good about yourself, but that's a ridiculous statement and you know it. I beat basically every MK I play now... I went even with M2k at Fast... yes...it was a friendly and M2k is known to sandbag in friendlies... but he was intrigued enough to actually ask me questions on what I was doing.

The Smash Back room has already proven itself to be completely useless as a declarer of rules and statements, so why, exactly, should this be trusted to them?

To say MK is unbeatable is ridiculous. He is nothing that we didn't see in Melee. Stop whining about it and just play the game. I believe he is easy to play, yes. I think he has good choices in moves, yes... but I also think he can be limited and shut down in his moveset. I will always stand by that until somebody comes along and proves me wrong.

If I get beaten by a MK in tourney, good job to that player. But I'm not scared by the match...nor will I ever be. Why do people insist on whining and threatening bans?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Well, I personally hate metaknight, but that's probably because it is litterally Sonic's second worst matchup. And there's like a million of them.<_<

Top Bottom