• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MetaKnight Infinite Dimensional Cape - hope you enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

unit182

Smash Apprentice
but, but, ghosting doesn't have potential to be modded, igitur, it should be called that because I deserve to win

unit182

Smash Apprentice
Yes because the point of debating is to win m i rite :p :chuckle:, anyway ghosting has probably shown up at other tournies

acv

Smash Journeyman
or maybe you can mix both names to make something like ghost D.I.C.K.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I ask again. Any tourny videos of the new tech being used?

and shadowlink. The mods aren't going to close this on such insignifigance (especially considering the topic). They'll just give a warning if it gets out of hand.

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
i got 1 only doing it for a sec cause i recently discovered you need like flatland to do this and not steeps on delphino. sense they go down it messes it up. But I don't want to use it in tourney. I didn't need it before and i don't need it now. yet my tech is still fun haha

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Hmm.

Well unlike most Brawl techs, this won't just fade into obscurity considering its potential applications, so their will be some MK (maybe M2K?) who will show the actual power of this. And we will have a video to discuss.

acv

Smash Journeyman
Hmm.

Well unlike most Brawl techs, this won't just fade into obscurity considering its potential applications, so their will be some MK (maybe M2K?) who will show the actual power of this. And we will have a video to discuss.
hopefully since its been almost a week and no vids.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
even though ghosting came first, and think of teh kiddies.
When did someone mention we should call this ghosting? Also "It came first" isn't a good argument. Likewise, "Would someone, please, think of the children"?

Like when we made up the term "Sex Kick"?

I ask again. Any tourny videos of the new tech being used?

and shadowlink. The mods aren't going to close this on such insignifigance (especially considering the topic). They'll just give a warning if it gets out of hand.
The technique was introduced to the general populus on Monday. Suffice to say, this weekend will see the first tournaments since its revelation. Most of said tournaments are still on-going since it's Sunday. We'll have vids by tomorrow at the earliest.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'm dying to see someone use this effectively. I hope it doesn't get banned. It seems counterable.

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
I seem to agree with Tyr. It may own on Final D., but may get nerfed a lot by other levels.

I think someone already said something about it not being very good on Delfino.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Well I'm banning it at my tournament. I hope other tournaments follow through as well. It's just way to broken of a tactic in the right hands.

metahunter

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm banning it at my tournament. I hope other tournaments follow through as well. It's just way to broken of a tactic in the right hands.
it has not even been used in a tornament yet. your just upset that they will have to make a god tier for metaknight and also your upset that this move completely owns a peach

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
Why is the name of the technique being determined by non-MK mains? I'm pretty sure half of them just want that acronym as an excuse to call MK a "D.I.C.K." without starting an argument.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Sorry if I was particularly short-tempered with people the other day. I hadn't slept in a while and, after reading back on it, I'm a little ashamed of how much I lashed out.

However, I still stand by my giant post on page 68... the one no ones has touched yet. I think there are still possibilities to go against this move that haven't even tried, and, before people immediately jump to this being unstoppable and persuading tournament organizers, scrubs, pros, and anyone else just to ban it, we should be telling them to wait for our trials with the move to end.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Sorry if I was particularly short-tempered with people the other day. I hadn't slept in a while and, after reading back on it, I'm a little ashamed of how much I lashed out.

However, I still stand by my giant post on page 68... the one no ones has touched yet. I think there are still possibilities to go against this move that haven't even tried, and, before people immediately jump to this being unstoppable and persuading tournament organizers, scrubs, pros, and anyone else just to ban it, we should be telling them to wait for our trials with the move to end.
Frankly, Corey, your hypothetical MK is an idiot. A smart MK would notice that you're not doing anything, then move out of range and decloak. Congratulations, you've chosen the best move you could in that situation.

But what happens when you're at 50% and the attack portion will actually start doing some knockback. This is MK we're talking about, so a good one doing 50% on you, a Pit, is not unexpected. Now that he's got a good attack on him, your best bet is retreat. Go to the ledge (against a MK? hahaha), or go to the air (again, hahaha). Either way, MK puts you at a disadvantage. You're making the mistake that everyone else arguing in favor of this move is; you're forgetting that MK is already nigh unbeatable for most of the cast, and this is a move that makes it impossible for any character to approach him. You're forgetting that a good MK will use this to augment his full moveset, and he'll shut down any character in the game.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Ph00t, I think you are forgetting that I said everything you said. I know MK is good. I know this tech is good. However, is this tech broken enough to ban? No s my answer. If this were on Ganon, we would allow it. It's not the technique we don't like, it's that MK has it. Him having this will just a another annoying thing that he can do, but it is beatable (in my opinion).

The technique isn't what is broken, it's MK.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I can't do this technique. I cape, mash up C, hold down on the control stick...nothing. Except frustration and sore thumbs.

/endslife
You have to time it right. Don't just mash C-stick willy nilly. There's a rhythm to it.

The technique isn't what is broken, it's MK.
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner! \o/ But remember that before this move, we knew of several characters who could beat MK if the players were of equal skill. The fact is, MK wasn't actually broken without this; he was just stupidly good. Now that we have this, it is an addition to this already stupidly good character that is invincible, invisible and indefinite. The technique isn't broken, but with it, MK certainly can be.

Personally, I've been finding all sorts of uses for this. Dtilt out of a well-spaced Cape looks like a really good thing to try, as does aerial pressure. I'm sure MK mains can be even more resourceful than I have been, as long as they actually want to find things to do out of this. The point is, MK is already so good that this can easily push him over the line between stupidly good and broken.

Edit: also, this sets off Snake's proximity mines.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I can do this consistently. Thanks to my 3rd party controller. And it is not broken at all. I played online against people and whenever I do this to someone, they either run to the edge and edge hog or jump on a platform to escape it. The only thing it is useful for is defensive tactics, like to get out of the way of projectiles spam or a stage hazard. I definitly dont see how it can be banned. And even though I can do this consistenly, I can only cloak for about 10-15 seconds. Then my fingers get too tired to keep up.
once you know how to do this advanced technique consistently and against people, you'll realize its definitly not a broken technique.
This is the controller I use if you want to do this alot easier. I remap "C-stick up" to the "Y" button. Its alot easier to mash a button than a joystick, it also wont break your c-stick or won't harm your thumb. So your "Y" button will be upsmash and your "c-stick up" would be grab. But I use Z for grabbing anyways for MK. For my other characters I grab with "Y". But to simply refresh the controller setting just shut the controller off then turn it back on.

http://www.shop.com/+-a-wireless+t+thrustmaster-p75807183-g1-k36-st.shtml

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
I can do this consistently. Thanks to my 3rd party controller. And it is not broken at all. I played online against people and whenever I do this to someone, they either run to the edge and edge hog or jump on a platform to escape it. The only thing it is useful for is defensive tactics, like to get out of the way of projectiles spam or a stage hazard. I definitly dont see how it can be banned. And even though I can do this consistenly, I can only cloak for about 10-15 seconds. Then my fingers get too tired to keep up.
once you know how to do this advanced technique consistently and against people, you'll realize its definitly not a broken technique.
This is the controller I use if you want to do this alot easier. I remap "C-stick up" to the "Y" button. Its alot easier to mash a button than a joystick, it also wont break your c-stick or won't harm your thumb. So your "Y" button will be upsmash and your "c-stick up" would be grab. But I use Z for grabbing anyways for MK. For my other characters I grab with "Y". But to simply refresh the controller setting just shut the controller off then turn it back on.

http://www.shop.com/+-a-wireless+t+thrustmaster-p75807183-g1-k36-st.shtml
no no, its pretty broken, and how can you remap your Y if you have to hold down?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can do this consistently. Thanks to my 3rd party controller. And it is not broken at all. I played online against people and whenever I do this to someone, they either run to the edge and edge hog or jump on a platform to escape it.
We already told you why this is actually pretty bad.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'll agree with this if we find that there is absolutely nothing you could ever do to stop this move from hitting you.
I've already said this over in the thread on AiB, but it bears repeating: Just because I haven't hit you doesn't mean I haven't harmed you.

gantrain05

Smash Master
it has not even been used in a tornament yet. your just upset that they will have to make a god tier for metaknight and also your upset that this move completely owns a peach
lmao, if anything peach is one of the safer characters against this tech, i can go 50-50 with any MK around here with peach, it really isn't a bad matchup, oh and did u know that peachs's Dair will actually hit MK upon reappearing even if he uses the attack out of the cape? after messing around with this tech for a while, it has just taught me that if MK is not good enuf to win, he'll resort to this and try for a good approach option, all u gotta do is stand in one spot, and when he gets close mash shield for like half a second and release if he doesn't come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom