• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MetaKnight Infinite Dimensional Cape - hope you enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
as of now, i doubt someone can win a tourney relying heavily on this tech, but as time goes by someone will master it and then it might be possible.

KingK

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather not repost a possibly stupid question, but when I asked a few pages ago I was ignored (due to the raging debate).

Is it possible that characters with a similar disappear / reappear skill (i.e. Zelda / Shiek) could effect something similar to this? Does Dimensional Cape function very differently than Vanish / Forore's Wind (sp?)?

Just wondering.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
I'd rather not repost a possibly stupid question, but when I asked a few pages ago I was ignored (due to the raging debate).

Is it possible that characters with a similar disappear / reappear skill (i.e. Zelda / Shiek) could effect something similar to this? Does Dimensional Cape function very differently than Vanish / Forore's Wind (sp?)?

Just wondering.
I doubt this will work, but maybe, I'll try and post.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
The difference is, what I actually do in threads differs from what you say I do.

I don't ignore threads unless I'm telling you why. I TOLD you why I ignored you in the infinites thread; it was mainly because you decidedly misread just about everything I said. Other people provided legitimate arguments and I answered them politely. You either misread or left out what I said and responded in a completely belligerent manner (which, in turn, provoked my hostile answers.)
Strange, I'm not the only one who say you do this. In fact, many very credible posters did the same. I was also not the only person you ignored (and who pointed it out to you).

Now, I might have misread some of your posts in my haste, but I actually apologized for that and then dropped my arguments against said faulty misreads. Meanwhile, you continued to ignore me. And yes, I know fully well that you ignored me for a prolonged period. But then you said you'd stop ignoring me. But it didn't stop you from still ignoring me, not only in that thread but many others.

And it's not just about ignoring me completely. You ignore parts of my posts, when you cannot refute them. Either you're suffering from a severe case of selective reading or you're outright just blatantly ignoring them.

And your hostile answers were not, in any way, justified. And as someone who's been in Competitive debating, you should know better. Expletives and personal insults are never OK in debates. Notice how I can be sarcastic, snarky and witty all the while not using expletives and personal insults. And I've never even been in a debate club.

I responded to everyone who directed answers at me in this thread. I do that in every thread unless I miss a thread or give you a different reason (see above). You ignore threads because you assert you refuted them without actually telling me where or why. I read everything in the thread before and made a unique response. Two, in fact. Neither Mookie or you responded.
You're misusing words again. Thread =/= Post. Your response was not unique.

And I've already told you why it wasn't unique! In fact, I've told you why twice now... in the very same posts you quote!

What you said was largely old news that had already been said, most of which had been said more than once and quite possibly within just hours of you saying it. This is another fault of yours:
No research and no backtracking (a flaw I, in fact, pointed out in the post you just quoted).

You brought almost nothing (at all) new to the table because you neglected to backtrack even two pages. I'd already been forced to reply to what you just said quite recently and told you as much, to go back and read back a few pages if you want the answers.

Because neither I or Mookierah have the patience to repeat ourseles indefinitely! I've told you this many times now. In this thread and others. What you say isn't necessarily stuff you've said before but it's often stuff others have many times over and refuted many times over as well.

This is why we sometimes do not reply to what you say, we simply say "Go back and read 5 or so pages to find your answers". But you never do. When you ignore parts of my posts, you don't even give me a reason why, you just act like I'd never said it and then, later, repeat the arguments I refuted in the parts of my posts you ignored.

You still don't know anything about actual debate or logic. You CONSISTENLY misread things (if you want proof, your post here which I dismantled is still in the thread).
Look at Mr. Pot. So do you. With alarmingly much higher frequency than I. And I skim. So what do you do?

You give one-sentence responses that either only respond to one thing in two paragraphs or nothing at all.
I'm sorry, I give one-sentence responses? I'm accused of TL:DR:ing and Wall of Texting several times a week. My responses are almost never one-sentence and when they are, it's only against obvious stupid BS that don't deserve real answers.

In fact, if I do this so often (especially to you), give me 5 examples of me doing so in this thread. Or 10 whatsoever.

You quote things that say one thing, refute a small point in it that doesn't actually affect the argument, and drop the rest.
No, this is what you do. The parts of your posts I don't reply to have already been replied to earlier in the same thread, sometimes directed at you, which is why I don't repeat myself again and again because my patience can only take so much.

You frequently reinvent what was said or what was done in the thread.
5 examples.

You never keep the same ground for people to debate on evenly.
Yes I do. The grounds for debate are: Do your research and have knowledge in the subject you're debating. If someone is obviously misinformed or blatantly lying, why shouldn't I call them on it?

You don't make concessions; whenever you're wrong, you ignore.
Don't go there. I frequently do. When I'm proven wrong, I conceede and apologize, unless it's just something minor at which point I just drop the subject, but this is just minor stuff like "Yuna: Hey, can't Kirby do some BS combo on you that does this and that? Mookierah: No." in a discussion about how Zelda fares against Meta-Knight. It's not really important so there's no reason for me to type out a 5-sentence apology for it.

Also, I could quote myself conceeding. I'll go and do it if you want me to. Now can you quote me doing these things you claim I so frequently do? It should be easy since I do it so often.

That's just the beginning of your laundry list of issues while you 'debate' here.
Quotes or it didn't happen. I can quote you doing what I say you do. Can you do the same?

I'm not saying you're an idiot either. You're clearly not, and you know the game more than I do. I've never said to the contrary; I attack your logic, not your knowledge of the game.
My logic is often sound, if sometimes not entirely bullet proof, but since I have facts to back it up, my logic still stands firm (most of the time).

And, again, this is where I win and you lose. I use average to sub-par techniques in debating, but what I say is fact-based and can be backed up with evidence.

What you say, while very intelligently formulated and technically good from a debating standpoint is often misinformed, blatantly wrong or subjective opinion (which is oftentimes possibly just plain wrong since said opinions are based on faulty information and knowledge of the game).

I've never claimed to be a great debater on a technical standpoint. But I do my research and know my stuff. Which is why you can almost never call me out on being blatantly wrong in what I say.

You know what your biggest problem is? You're stubborn and you want to be right. There have been times where you get so inexplicably upset when I prove you wrong that you say "Yea, so what? I'm wrong, but you've been wrong more" even on something as silly as a spelling error.
Wait, what? A new ludicrous accusation. If these are so numerous, point out 5 occasions where I've done so. Or just 2. Specifically the "Well, I'm wrong, but you're more wrong." part.

You will do anything it takes to be right, most of which avoids any logical progression of an argument. Everyone who's ever argued against you comes up with that same conclusion.
Quote or it didn't happen. You've accused me tons of wrongdoings over the past few months but you've never provided evidence for it when called on it. I can go and mount a case against you right now if you wish me to prove that you do the things I say you do. Can you do the same?

Hey, you even brought it up randomly out of the blue in threads where we weren't even butting heads just for the sake of flaming, trolling and flame-baiting. Good debating?

Everyone who's ever argued against me? Pray tell, did you do a survey? I can bring out a long sheet of credible people who will vouch for me that while I'm at times overly harsh and sometimes using sub-par techniques, I'm oftentimes right and my logic is at least sound.

The part I hate the most is arguing with you until it just becomes extremely inconsequential. If we had an argument over which type of sandwich is best, you'd be arguing down to the brand of pickle that should be used so that the whole scope of the argument is lost.
No, I would never argue about something that stupid.

And, for the last time, you didn't 'win' any arguments. I just gave up for the benefit of everything else; every time we argue it turns into something extremely inconsequential. Case in point: this topic about MK turned into who is a better debater.
You never provided any real arguments that proved your standpoint in any of the threads. I wasn't the only one you were arguing against. Many others argued against you, you didn't refute their points either. Meanwhile, we largely refuted your points. That's called losing the debate.

Then you just left.

You might know Smash more, but until you actually understand the proper progression of argumentation, you haven't won *any* debates.
Try learning more about Smash before arguing about, you know, Smash.

If you'd read just two pages (the latest two pages at that point, but ideally five for more coverage of already covered points of debate) before posting in this thread, we wouldn't even be talking about who's worse at debating.

One of your fundamental flaws is that you never read up on anything, be it the subject or the thread itself. You just jump in and post what you want to say if it what you're saying is new and has never been said before, even if it's already been done to death. This is why you're often met with exasperation and mild hostility.

We're sick and tired of repeating ourselves.

I think we realize yuna people are not machines you keep throwing this dumb *** point at us when we realize there is human error involved. I just said excessively i never said anything about time limit.
"It's not godly because Meta-Knight can screw it up"? Or do you mean to say I should be mor forgiving when others make mistakes?

Also, if you've never ever referred to the time limit, then how do you suggest we police this? The honour system? Subjective TOs and judgment calls?

Ulevo

Smash Master
What is stopping Meta Knight from flying around the stage to stall? Or underneath the stage to stall? Nothing but the tournament rules if I recall. You claim you can just lie about stalling with the cape if an accusation comes up, but you can do that with every other stalling tactic too. Most of the legal stages aren't actually large enough to even abuse this by caping from one side of the stage to the other, and his cape allows him to move as fast as Sonic runs. I've tried this in matches recently and it just doesn't work. You either keep the cape going and stall indefinitely (which makes it obvious you're excessively stalling) or you use it as an approach. In comparison, Jigglypuff floating below stages like battlefield to stall a match is banned. That doesn't stop me from using it to avoid edge guards. This is honestly not as big of a deal as it sounds.

Stalling is stalling, and it doesn't go unnoticed. Not by the players, or even the spectators. If your tournament is large enough to want to issue a ban on something like this so that Meta Knight doesn't own every good player out there with one tech, there will be people watching, and there should be sufficient supervision to deal with said problem.

Try it out first, see how it works. It's an awesome approach versus ranged characters, I guarantee you. Stalling with this just won't work though.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
no i was refeering to your constant use to the stopwatch point.

Unless everyone feels like lying all you have to do is call over a to the rest is up to them.

but as i stated if this is banned it wont effect my game at all.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I've had a change of heart and I'm with Yuna on this whole lets ban it all together thing.
After 36 pages of just seeing his walls of text, lets hope he gets what he wants.

Unless everyone feels like lying all you have to do is call over a to the rest is up to them.

b[
B]ut as i stated if this is banned it wont effect my game at all.[/B]
Because it's new. Imagine a month from now and you incorporated into your game, assuming you use MK.

This tech has a lot of possibilities, it should not be banned.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ease... of... enforcement...

You... can... blatantly... tell... when... someone... is... going... under... the... stage...

How... do... you... limit... this... technique? A... time... limit... that's... how...

But... how... do... we... gauge... this? Stopwatches... and... lightning... reflexes... each... time... Meta-Knight... Down B's... that's... how.

GAH! I think I'm going to explode. I'll have to put the response to this line of debate into a .txt file on my Desktop for easy access at all times! God, does no one read back more than 3 posts before posting something which has obviously been posted about before you just sit down and think about it for more than 4 seconds anymore?!

but as i stated if this is banned it wont effect my game at all.
Ok... stay with me. We cannot rely on the honour system. We never have and we never will.

Now, what have we told you about this taking too much manpower and time to monitor? Too many TOs needed. Now, too much work from said TOs needed since they'll have to use stopwatches and try not to mess up and measure every single down B.

This tech has a lot of possibilities, it should not be banned.
Yes... stupid potential. Potential which forces us to ban it (after extensive testing).

acv

Smash Journeyman
there is no need to use stop watches since its obvious when someone is stalling.

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
lol
If I play nunchuk I can set a UpSmash to the D-pad.
Your guys are going to ban this, ban controllers, configurations or the character itself? lol

Sorry, that learning curve is just about getting knowledge about this technique.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
i do understand your points i may just have more faith in some players
Faith is for church. It has no place in Competitive gaming. If it's not banned, it will be abused.

Oh, BTW, Patsie, do you know why so many of my past debate opponents are pissed? Because those whom I debate against who are logical and who actually have proof to back themselves up and who are knowledgable in what they speak of, I don't go into overtime against.

If I debate AlphaZealot, for instance, his arguments are never so blatantly wrong I have to shoot multiple holes in time. And when I do debate against him, he responds with valid arguments and then we either win the other over to our side or we just agree to disagree, agreeing that neither is blatantly wrong and that it's just a matter of opinion and interpretation.

It's against those who have no idea what they're talking about that I have to post TL;DR posts to. They continue to not get it, to not use valid arguments and post general BS and so the battle rages on since they keep posting new BS I keep having to refute. In the end, they usually just leave or claim to have won and then leave and then bad-mouth me behind my back.

I you read my posts, even those aimed at you, I always remain perfectly civil and largely calm. Bold does not mean angry. I use bold to emphasize words because you can't use intonation and inflections in written word otherwise (well, you can with Italics, Underline or CAPS, but I prefer Bold).

And most people can recognize this and do not take offense. However, when they see me repeatedly point out they're wrong, they might take this to mean as me insulting them or demeaning them when I'm merely debating them.

Thus they become hostile and even less coherent and willing to listen to reason and then it all goes to hell and then it all sucks. Tell me, how many people can you get to denounce my debating skills? And how many of those will not be randoms?

there is no need to use stop watches since its obvious when someone is stalling.
For the last time, you cannot police it easily. What constitutes "obvious"? What if I just stall short of that threshhold? How can you tell I'm obviously stalling if I keep within the arbitrary time limit you've set up?

By having subjective judgment calls from judges? "Well, he used it a bit too much in that game, not for long periods of time but too many times in quick succession". No, subjective judgment calls from TOs are never good.

lol
If I play nunchuk I can set a UpSmash to the D-pad.
Your guys are going to ban this, ban controllers, configurations or the character itself? lol

Sorry, that learning curve is just about getting knowledge about this technique.
Sorry, Kizzu-chan (I'm not being disrespectful, trust me), just clarify this to us so that people won't randomly misunderstand you:
What you're saying is "This isn't even that hard, stop saying it is. What are you going to do, ban alternate controller setups? Ban reconfiguring those setups? Meta-Knight? No, just ban the friggin' technique!", right?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I have a recording in my head telling me I'm better than everyone else. It says, "You play Melee... You play Melee... You play Melee..."
*throws a waffle iron*

Anyways, I tested it and this doesn't work with stages with curved/slanted platforms like Lylat Cruise, Pirate Ship, and Halberd. Maybe it does work but the timing is different but I'm not getting any results yet.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyways, I tested it and this doesn't work with stages with curved/slanted platforms like Lylat Cruise, Pirate Ship, and Halberd. Maybe it does work but the timing is different but I'm not getting any results yet.
Don't be so vague. Exactly what does work? And how can you be so sure since you just said "The timing might be different"?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
There isn't a hard ban on stalling; it's a soft ban. We can't ban "not approaching", and stalling is merely the act of not approaching for long periods of time with the intent of running out the clock. When you stall, you avoid conflict even if it greats you at the door (this differentiates from camping in that you stay in one spot to give you a combat advantage).

We don't have a time limit on stalling; if we did have a 2 minute stalling rule, the next best strategy would be to stall for 1 minute and 59 seconds, hit your opponent, then stall again. So on and so forth.

Things like the peach bomber and jiggly's rising pound were easy stall tactics that people actually saw in tournament, and so they were named specifically; these were allowed for recovery. They are not easy to enforce. What happens if the peach bomber player made a mistake, fell, and then started again? Do we make him die even though he could theoretically get back?

The reason stalling is banned is because in many situations it IS the best strategy. Avoid your opponent, hide under the stage or off the stage where they can't get you, run the clock.

It isn't banned in such a way that a TO can just point and say "YOU'RE OUT". It's banned as a precaution for both logistical reasons (time) and competitive reasons; that doesn't mean it is easy to enforce.

However, it is much easier to enforce than this.

If MK uses his down+b to approach but he can't find an opening... is it wrong for him to go to the ledge or other side of the stage instead? How many times can he do this? Could an MK stall out an entire transformation on PS1 simply because he didn't like it?

It's very difficult to enforce concretely. It will more than likely be banned outright or not banned at all.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
WTF!? This thread is still going on!? (I left it at around page 15). These people are really trying hard XD

Well, again, I feel it should be banned because there are many things that can go in your favor. And limiting it makes it useless in the first place.

Now wait, even though your hands will get tired after much use, it's not a good excuse. Pro players like Azen, M2k, PC Chris, and many others have great experiances with constant fast finger play. I know their arms get tired after playing hard and with effort at each major tournament. A friend I know in NYC pulled his muscle of the arm after extensive play of his Diddy. This can't go to say that after practicing the fingers (I know I'm gonna get a stupid joke of this... XD;; ), the finger and muscles will gain endurance to last longer for that effect to happen. While you don't need to be dissipeared for the whole 7 minutes, performing a 2 minute stall is good enough.

Again, I love the original way of the cape. If it's not banned (highly doubt), then I wouldn't use it. Also, you shouldn't trust the faith of players. As the line says, "You do what it takes to win." Chaingrabs, camping, and spamming are effective ways of winning both melee and Brawl (IMO).

So yeah, let's just drop it already. It's a lost cause.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Ease... of... enforcement...
Exactly how is stalling under the stage easier to notice than having your character model disappear from the screen and not return while you're mashing the controller? I missed that because I didn't want to read three pages back.

You... can... blatantly... tell... when... someone... is... going... under... the... stage...
You can also tell when Meta Knight disappears and doesn't come back for an extended period. How about that?

How... do... you... limit... this... technique? A... time... limit... that's... how...
As far as I can remember, there was never a time limit, or any sort of defined limit, for any stalling tactic ever in a Smash tournament that was notable. No one would argue that they didn't excessively stall under a stage because they only did it x number of times or for x amount of time. They're still prevented, and still enforced against. It is a different method of stalling, it is a better method of stalling; it does not change the legality of stalling, or how it is enforced.

But... how... do... we... gauge... this? Stopwatches... and... lightning... reflexes... each... time... Meta-Knight... Down B's... that's... how.
See previous post.

GAH! I think I'm going to explode. I'll have to put the response to this line of debate into a .txt file on my Desktop for easy access at all times! God, does no one read back more than 3 posts before posting something which has obviously been posted about before you just sit down and think about it for more than 4 seconds anymore?!
I do not feel the need to read through this entire thread just to make sure I covered points people missed or made sure I didn't bring up statements already claimed just to argue to your standards. The bottom line is this is all theory craft, just like Wobbling was. People are arguing against this tactic with points they can't even derive from extensive experiences with, and you seem to be following the herd of sheep.

If this becomes an overly powerful tactic that forces players to abandon any other character excluding Meta Knight, I might vote for a ban. But the stalling crap? Come on. Put your stop watch away and use common sense.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Still not sure how to get the attack from the infinite dimensional cape, it seems it comes out randomly, obviously if u hold B, it will come out, but when you don't touch anything, I'm wondering what triggers it to come out..hmm

Anyone know?

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Well have hard data on this hopefully tonight. I'm doing some events that may get us some good videos for analyzing.

Oh, and @Yuna: Stop being a ****er. Almost everything that needs to be said by either side has already been said. Repeating things with ellipses and insults won't make the other side want to listen, especially if they didn't listen the first time.

If you ask me neither side is being particularly rational here.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I held Up on the c stick at different times when MK came out of the cape..but still no swipe, are you 100% sure, is there something I'm missing? o_O
It has to be on a certain frame. When you hit up on the c-stick, it hits the (up) and (attack) commands on frame one; this is why it does a smash attack when you hit it, but holding it does not cause you to continually up-smash.

I'm not entirely sure, there may be something else, but as it is the only button being pressed I'd imagine it is merely you pressing up on the c-stick and doing it at the right time to bring out a swipe when you mess up. I know you can do it 100% of the time by holding B.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Exactly how is stalling under the stage easier to notice than having your character model disappear from the screen and not return while you're mashing the controller? I missed that because I didn't want to read three pages back.
I'm sorry, are you arguing we shouldn't ban the technique altogether? Good.

Now, when you go under the stage spontaneously and without reason (like you were just knocked somewhere and go under it to recover), it's pretty easy to spot and police. At least when compare to this.

How are you going to police the use of Down B stalling? Are you gonna police the amount of times you can do it? Fine, then I'll just go it got 3 minutes at a time. Are you going to put on an arbitrary time limit? Fine, I'll constantly toe the time limit.

How are you going to enforce this with a time limit in place? Yes, stopwatches.

You can also tell when Meta Knight disappears and doesn't come back for an extended period. How about that?
We've already established that the only viable ban is to enforce a time limit and then it's very hard to tell when one's overstepping the limit and when one's not if one only does it slightly.

I do not feel the need to read through this entire thread just to make sure I covered points people missed or made sure I didn't bring up statements already claimed just to argue to your standards.
No, but doing so, reading back even 1 page, would've given you the answers to this entire post as I just debating these very same points one page ago... and the page before that and the page before that and the page before that.

Because people keep coming into the thread, not reading a single post that came before them and spouting off their obviously old argument. If you come into a thread and don't read back, don't immediately go for arguments that have most probably already been used!

The bottom line is this is all theory craft, just like Wobbling was. People are arguing against this tactic with points they can't even derive from extensive experiences with, and you seem to be following the herd of sheep.
Reading up on the thread would've told you I've said, many times now, that this must be tested extensively before we ban it.

I'm just saying that as things stands now, we'll probably ban it, unless great discoveries are made to limit this technique severely.

Well have hard data on this hopefully tonight. I'm doing some events that may get us some good videos for analyzing.

Oh, and @Yuna: Stop being a ****er. Almost everything that needs to be said by either side has already been said. Repeating things with ellipses and insults won't make the other side want to listen, especially if they didn't listen the first time.

If you ask me neither side is being particularly rational here.
If only people would read back on those pages where everything has already been said. If no one argue against the new people, we'll have 10 pages of new people spouting off about how this shouldn't be banned for already refuted reasons.

Also, quotes or it didn't happen. Where I did insult anyone?

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
im not too sure but maybe snake will still be number one and mk second. especially once pple learn to smash di out of all his multi hit attacks.

this tech is too good tho. mk has the best and most useful moveset now

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, Kizzu-chan (I'm not being disrespectful, trust me), just clarify this to us so that people won't randomly misunderstand you:
What you're saying is "This isn't even that hard, stop saying it is. What are you going to do, ban alternate controller setups? Ban reconfiguring those setups? Meta-Knight? No, just ban the friggin' technique!", right?
Exactly. Couldn't say that better.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Yuna, I did miss your statements on how this needs to be tested extensively, and yes it was due to me not reading back a previous page. I thank you for the clarification. I just have a different opinion on the stalling matter, as I seem to believe it's a tad easier to spot and enforce then everyone seems to claim.

On another note, the use of the technique has very punishable lag at the end, and you can easily tell where the character is because of the camera zoning in on Meta Knight. Openings for this technique aren't easy it seems.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I disagree. You cannot enforce it "easily" as you need a stopwatch and impeccable timing to do so as a TO. This is not "easy".

Also, people are seriously understating the usefulness of this, as if Meta's always going to be open and lag and die after using it.

Debonu

Smash Cadet
for me i have found the best way to do it is by using a numchuck and changing the up on dpad to the upsmash and z to special you hold the control stick down or down left/right if u wanna move then just press or hold z and spam the up on dpad and it works pretty well(easier than cstick X_X)

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
For the last time, you cannot police it easily. What constitutes "obvious"? What if I just stall short of that threshold? How can you tell I'm obviously stalling if I keep within the arbitrary time limit you've set up?
Yuna's right on this point. Yes, it's easy to identify stalling, but that was BEFORE this tech. Everything we've had up to this point was easily identified as stalling. There's simply no way to allow this without problems. There's only two possible outcomes for this tech the way I see it. It either is proven unpractical due to it's difficulty and isn't used (e.g. it doesn't matter), or it is do-able, gets abused, and gets banned.

a) You auto-ban.
b) You allow it, it gets abused indefinitely. It gets banned.
c) You allow it, not everyone is good at it, but those who are abuse it. Banned.
d) You allow it, but NO ONE can do it well enough to abuse it. At this point it doesn't exist so nothing changes
e) You allow it with a time limit. People discover that with a time limit, it's not worth it. It doesn't get used and nothing changes.
f) You allow it with a time limit.
- People realize it's godly even with a time limit. It gets abused.
- Arguments ensue as to whether someone went past the time limit.
- Word against word leaves you with no choice but to have a TO at every match.
- You realize you can't have a TO at every match, so you have no choice but to ban.

This technique either gets banned by force, or isn't used by choice, simple as that. There's simply no in-between with a technique that offers infinite invincibility. Is there any other outcome? We're not in some utopia where everyone is honest and plays by the rules. Yes it is perfectly possible to ban the stalling version of this and allow it's use in moderation, but this will break down as shown above.

Seriously think about it. If this technique is in ANY WAY useful, it will end up banned even with a time limit. Allowing this with a limit is like telling people they can yell "stop!" at any point during the match and move their character to another position for five seconds. Well, technically, any time you are on the ground.

TomTom

Smash Cadet
Sorry for being a bit slow, but how could I do this using the Wiimote + Nunchuk system? What's the equivalent of the C-stick there?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Nothing, there is no C-Stick, so there is no glitching without it. You need to be DIing down, using the control stick, and smash attacking up, using the c-stick. If you don't have both, it can't be done.

Debonu

Smash Cadet
go into the settings and change the up on the dpad to smash attacks. its easier to press and it goes back to neutral easier

TomTom

Smash Cadet
go into the settings and change the up on the dpad to smash attacks. its easier to press and it goes back to neutral easier
I don't quite get what you mean.. as opposed to pressing A and smashing the control stick in a given direction? :confused:

How is that relevant to what we're talking about now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom