• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MetaKnight Infinite Dimensional Cape - hope you enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corigames

Smash Hero
And what do you have to base that off of? Did you play against your friends with it? Did you use it against them? Did they use it against you? Did you do everything against it that you could? What if doing one thing instant killed them out of it somehow? Would it still be broken then?

Everyone is jumping out to ban this and you have not done extensive testing on this. At most, this has been out for, what, a day? Yes, it could break him, if it does, ban it. However, until it is decided it is broken, you shouldn't limit someone's options because you can't handle it.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
All I know is that after 45 minutes and getting the cape to work for 30~ seconds. I am wanting this banned. It is a fullout stall technique in my mind. Yes you can use it to approach. But, this will RUIN tournaments. How will we tournament hosts police the dimension cape for stalling? We Can't. It would just plain be ridiculous.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
This technique is BANNED in New Mexico. btw.

All of the tournament hosts agree for this in NM.

Corigames

Smash Hero
You people are ********. You are banning something from the meta before even seeing how it affects the meta. This is nothing more than a Super Wave Dash+, and SWD wasn't banned. Get over it.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Glad I don't live in NM then :x
Frickin morons.

Yuna, when you said Sonic's b stall isn't a true stall is that because certain characters can counter it? But what about the characters that can't do anything about it? Sonic can easily stall under the level forever (I've done it sometimes during FFAs just for kicks) but no one "abuses" it in tournament play because that would be dumb and pointless.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
Because you're not good at debating. You ignore anything you can't refute and repeat old used and already refuted arguments, even those originally brought up by yourself and already refuted by whoever you're debating against. It's quite telling when almost no one who isn't random agrees with you in debates.

Sometimes, they agree with your standpoint, but not the way you motivate it because your debating skills are quite lacking. Mine are basic, I do not use any fancy-schmancy stuff. But at least I use actual facts to back myself up.
Please don't tell me who is good at debating and who is not.

I debated competitively throughout high school in LD. I placed in at least octos at Princeton, Harvard, and Yale tournaments (which, admittedly, aren't the best of the best tournaments, but I just wanted to list schools you'd know) from sophomore to senior year. I know how arguments work and what arguments are faulty. I know when someone is completely talking out of their ***.

Trust me. You are AWFUL at debating. You might be better at Smash than I am, you might know more about Smash than I do, you are NOT a better debater in any sense. Maybe you are in the subjective standards that you build in your head, but by any objective means, you're not.

I went on to major in philosophy (and econ/history, but that's aside the point) and am currently on an honors track at Vandy (now ranked 19th best college I believe) on the Deans List. I had to take and excel in several logic classes to get there, so I know about that too.

I'm not trying to brag, but you literally have no idea what you're talking about if you think that you're a good debater by any means.

--

You MIGHT be better at convincing people that you're right. You don't actually delve into arguments, but instead you opt to give blanket answers to analysis. The majority of people who agree with you are 'randoms' (if I can borrow your demeaning term) who don't actually provide any reasons for why you're right.

I don't care if people want to skip what I say because I don't want to give simplistic one-line responses that barely cover anything, sorry.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
B@N METALNIGHT!!!!!!1111111111111

In all seriousness, i think it should simply be up to the TO's digressions to ban it at his/her own tourney. That seems to be the only REAL problem arising in both sides of the arguments.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's what I was asking! Jesus Christ, do you have a little recording in your head that repeats "I'm better than you" whenever you type? Don't try to one up me when I was merely asking a question. Honestly, you're the only person here I've met who even argues with people that AGREE with you because it's not exactly your point of view. Lordy...
I'll argue against anyone using faulty logic and arguments. Though I won't randomly jump down someone's throat if we largely agree, only he says something I find really stupid.

"Isn't he invincible after the attack is initiated until he reappears?"

To which I replied

"Since when does Fox disappear during Phantasm and since when is he even invincible during most of it, anyway", shortly edited to "Since when does Fox disappear during Phantasm and since when is he even invincible during it, anyway" since he's not invincible at all. I was also not the only one, someone else also stated it.

At this point, we'd established, to anyone paying attention, that, no, Fox is not invicible during this time. And then, you came up with this:
"Just to provide a better mental picture, suppose you are Fox and you're fighting Ganondorf on a stage like Final Destination. You go to one side of the stage and spam the crap out of the lazer. Ganondorf approaches by *insert method here*. When he's right next to you, you short hop the Fox Phantasm twice to get to the other side of the stage and repeat the pattern."

To which I replied that it's not the same thing at all because Fox isn't invincible. He's just fast and good at running away.

I'm sorry, what part of "Extensive testing is needed before banning it" was too foreign for your tastes? I've said it at least twice now. I shouldn't be expected to say it in every single post in order for you to not randomly jump down my throat.

I'm merely refuting arguments for why it should never be banned. They're saying that from what we know of it so far, it shouldn't be banned. I'm merely saying "Yeah, right. No, from what we know so far, we have to ban it because...".

All the while, I've also said that extensive testing must be done before banning it. And yes, we might find a way to combat it. But if we don't during this extensive testing, then we have to ban it (if what we know insofar holds true after testing or at least doesn't change much).

In other words, "Your reasoning for why it shouldn't be banned is faulty" =/= "It must be banned now!".

I debated competitively throughout high school in LD. I placed in at least octos at Princeton, Harvard, and Yale tournaments (which, admittedly, aren't the best of the best tournaments, but I just wanted to list schools you'd know) from sophomore to senior year. I know how arguments work and what arguments are faulty. I know when someone is completely talking out of their ***.
Funny, I didn't know Competitive Debating allowed expletives, personal insults and ignoring valid arguments from the opposition all the while repeating the same already refuted arguments (your forthe).

I can say this for sure, either the debates you participating had sucky rules and judges or you didn't debate the same way as you go do here on Smashboards.

Seriously, all I see you do is jump into the middle of threads without reading up on anything already said in the thread, throw in already-by-then old arguments and stubbornly repeating them when they're refuted, ignoring anyting that refutes your arguments, even if they're directed directly at you and then often times accusing the opposition of being stupid/ignoring your very valid arguments and/or using expletives or pesonal insults.

Of course, you are articulate and use certain techniques which makes your debating technique above-average. However, that doesn't mean much when what you say is either flat out wrong or misinformed, because most of the time, the way you say things will look really good but what you're actually saying will be very bad because, as you just admitted, I know more about Smash than you, yet you consistently act as if you know more.

As I just said in the very post you quoted me in, I do not use any special techniques when debating. I have never been in a debate club (because Swedish schools normally don't have them). I'm very simple and possess no fancy-schmancy techniques. I just do my research (one of the most basic aspects of debating, yet you, Mr. Debate Club, constitently do not do this) first and make sure that the things I say are correct and cannot be twisted around (this is why I often also edit my posts afterwards). This is how I can still win debates despites not knowing how to debate "technically".

It's like mindgames vs. technical skill. So you have the ATs down. But I still win if I constitently outsmart you.

I don't even know that much about Brawl. But I know enough to consistently best you, yet you keep coming back repeating the same stale arguments despite the fact that the game itself refutes you. This is what's bad about your technique, not enough research.

You have the technical skills down to debate. But you do not possess the required knowledge for the subjects you debate. This is why I win and you lose.

Now, will you admit to having ignored the many times I said the many things which completely refuted your post before this where you went on and on about how this was like "normal" stalling despite the fact that I had already established why it's not (as had MookieRah)?

Because either you just ignored it all or you jumped blindly into the thread without backtracking more than 2 pages to read up on what has already been said, which is also bad form when debating.

And, yes, the majority of people who agree with me are randoms, because they're currently in the majority on these boards. However, if we line up the people who agree with me and not with you vs. the people who agree with you but not with me in every single matter we've butted heads about insofar, the vast majority of credible people will be standing on my side.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
All I know is that after 45 minutes and getting the cape to work for 30~ seconds. I am wanting this banned. It is a fullout stall technique in my mind. Yes you can use it to approach. But, this will RUIN tournaments. How will we tournament hosts police the dimension cape for stalling? We Can't. It would just plain be ridiculous.
PFFFFT.

Ruin tournaments how?

People go to tournaments to win, not stall forever.

Debonu

Smash Cadet
i think it should only be allowed to approach or escape. metaknight must be moving in only one direction and cant reverse and cant stop or else its consitered stalling. making it a teleport similar to zelda's

GodotAA

Smash Ace
But if someone is stalling like that it will easily be noticed and thencan be stopped easily with no confusion by even the people at the tourny who know the tech is banned. I know i would call someone out for it

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
First off I could show it to one or two friends and be perfectly content

Second I could have a controller w/ a macro or turbo feature and make a bs video that still wouldn't prove anything

If it doesn't get banned I won't care. I might even pick up metaknight myself and just ***** this out

Just get a % lead and go back and forth from one end of a stage to the other when I get approached.

Don't let my start date on this account fool you

I've been around since 2002. I'm sure at some point someone that knows me is gonna ask to see me do it that long.

Do I just keep saying no to EVERYONE? So yeah like I said... I could show one or two friends and be perfectly content

Btw I meant index finger in my other post. Just too lazy to go edit it right now

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
But if someone is stalling like that it will easily be noticed and thencan be stopped easily with no confusion by even the people at the tourny who know the tech is banned. I know i would call someone out for it
Gah. Stop it!

Someone said "People don't stall infinitely!". I said "If it's allowed, it certainly will!". This in no way means "If it can be used to stall infinitely, the technique itself must be banned!".

Banning it for stalling purposes and banning it altogether are two different (albeit connected) matters and I'm not arguing both when I'm only arguing against one!

The reason why it should be banned altogether is because it's too hard, arbitrary and time- and manpower consuming to police. If it had worked differently, then, no, we wouldn't ban it. But it works the way it does, thus we need to ban it completely (after extensive testing).

There, I just repeated stuff I've been saying all along covering all my bases so no one can come in and debate a technicality as if my entire standpoint just fell apart because I didn't just repeat everything I've said insofar to cover all of my bases.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
IT DOESNT TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO RELAIZE OH CRAP THAT GUY IS STALLING LIKE A HOMO.

ANY LOGICAL PERSON AT A TOURNEY CAN EASILY CALL HIM OUT YOU DONT NEED TO BE A TO to DO THAT.

it can be much easier to regulate then you think it is going to be.

but like i said do what you want.

acv

Smash Journeyman
IT DOESNT TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO RELAIZE OH CRAP THAT GUY IS STALLING LIKE A HOMO.

ANY LOGICAL PERSON AT A TOURNEY CAN EASILY CALL HIM OUT YOU DONT NEED TO BE A TO to DO THAT.

homos dont stall.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

No, it can't be that easy. Humans invented something called lying long ago to get them out of situations such as this; you may have used this with your parents or girlfriend in the past. This then becomes a "fine, just replay the match" with observers. It's difficult to police things such as this, especially if all he's doing is teleporting from one end of the stage to the other.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
so your saying everyone at the tourneys are going to lie. thats quite improbable but not impossible it could happen but most likely if enough people know the technique is banned and the player is click away on his c-stick for an extended amount of time its quite obvious what they're doing.

IF hes teleporting from one side to the other. He still is jammin his c-stick continously which will give off the same amount of noise.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
Also I'm too lazy to look through the pages to see if this was mentioned already

Aside from using the control stick

You can also angle your up taps on the c-stick to go left or right

Making the method I use even easier to maneuver with

acv

Smash Journeyman
has anybody noticed that the camera follows mk while he is doing it?btw i checked a replay i have and i am pretty sure the cpu grabs me out of it.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
you must of messed up i already said before that the CPu follows you and grabbed you right as you messed up. i think Hylian tested it already

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
so your saying everyone at the tourneys are going to lie. thats quite improbable but not impossible it could happen but most likely if enough people know the technique is banned and the player is click away on his c-stick for an extended amount of time its quite obvious what they're doing.

IF hes teleporting from one side to the other. He still is jammin his c-stick continously which will give off the same amount of noise.
... ... ...
*plays orchestral version of "Ryuichi Naruhodo ~objection"*
... ... ...

GAH!

How will be police this?! Besides subjective judgment calls where TOs just go "That's enough, you lost!", how?! Yes, a time limit. And then how will we police the time limit?! By stationing TOs with stopwatches around each Meta-game or at least each Meta-game where this is being used and the TO's have to react with lightning reflexes every time the Metas perform Down B just in case.

And that doesn't factor in human erorr. The TO hit "Stop" too late and it became a stall though it wasn't.

i dont have a recording device.
1) Insert SD-card into computer.
2) Go to www.yousendit.com, megaupload.com, rapidshare.de or a similar site.
3) Upload the replay there.
4) Wait for someone who can record video off their Wiis to download the replay, load it into their Wii and record.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
Funny, I didn't know Competitive Debating allowed expletives, personal insults and ignoring valid arguments from the opposition all the while repeating the same already refuted arguments (your forthe).

I can say this for sure, either the debates you participating had sucky rules and judges or you didn't debate the same way as you go do here on Smashboards.

Seriously, all I see you do is jump into the middle of threads without reading up on anything already said in the thread, throw in already-by-then old arguments and stubbornly repeating them when they're refuted, ignoring anyting that refutes your arguments, even if they're directed directly at you and then often times accusing the opposition of being stupid/ignoring your very valid arguments and/or using expletives or pesonal insults.

Of course, you are articulate and use certain techniques which makes your debating technique above-average. However, that doesn't mean much when what you say is either flat out wrong or misinformed, because most of the time, the way you say things will look really good but what you're actually saying will be very bad because, as you just admitted, I know more about Smash than you, yet you consistently act as if you know more.

As I just said in the very post you quoted me in, I do not use any special techniques when debating. I have never been in a debate club (because Swedish schools normally don't have them). I'm very simple and possess no fancy-schmancy techniques. I just do my research (one of the most basic aspects of debating, yet you, Mr. Debate Club, constitently do not do this) first and make sure that the things I say are correct and cannot be twisted around (this is why I often also edit my posts afterwards). This is how I can still win debates despites not knowing how to debate "technically".

It's like mindgames vs. technical skill. So you have the ATs down. But I still win if I constitently outsmart you.

I don't even know that much about Brawl. But I know enough to consistently best you, yet you keep coming back repeating the same stale arguments despite the fact that the game itself refutes you. This is what's bad about your technique, not enough research.

You have the technical skills down to debate. But you do not possess the required knowledge for the subjects you debate. This is why I win and you lose.

Now, will you admit to having ignored the many times I said the many things which completely refuted your post before this where you went on and on about how this was like "normal" stalling despite the fact that I had already established why it's not (as had MookieRah)?

Because either you just ignored it all or you jumped blindly into the thread without backtracking more than 2 pages to read up on what has already been said, which is also bad form when debating.

And, yes, the majority of people who agree with me are randoms, because they're currently in the majority on these boards. However, if we line up the people who agree with me and not with you vs. the people who agree with you but not with me in every single matter we've butted heads about insofar, the vast majority of credible people will be standing on my side.
The difference is, what I actually do in threads differs from what you say I do.

I don't ignore threads unless I'm telling you why. I TOLD you why I ignored you in the infinites thread; it was mainly because you decidedly misread just about everything I said. Other people provided legitimate arguments and I answered them politely. You either misread or left out what I said and responded in a completely belligerent manner (which, in turn, provoked my hostile answers.)

I responded to everyone who directed answers at me in this thread. I do that in every thread unless I miss a thread or give you a different reason (see above). You ignore threads because you assert you refuted them without actually telling me where or why. I read everything in the thread before and made a unique response. Two, in fact. Neither Mookie or you responded.

You still don't know anything about actual debate or logic. You CONSISTENLY misread things (if you want proof, your post here which I dismantled is still in the thread). You give one-sentence responses that either only respond to one thing in two paragraphs or nothing at all. You quote things that say one thing, refute a small point in it that doesn't actually affect the argument, and drop the rest. You frequently reinvent what was said or what was done in the thread. You never keep the same ground for people to debate on evenly. You don't make concessions; whenever you're wrong, you ignore. That's just the beginning of your laundry list of issues while you 'debate' here.

I'm not saying you're an idiot either. You're clearly not, and you know the game more than I do. I've never said to the contrary; I attack your logic, not your knowledge of the game.

You know what your biggest problem is? You're stubborn and you want to be right. There have been times where you get so inexplicably upset when I prove you wrong that you say "Yea, so what? I'm wrong, but you've been wrong more" even on something as silly as a spelling error. You will do anything it takes to be right, most of which avoids any logical progression of an argument. Everyone who's ever argued against you comes up with that same conclusion.

The part I hate the most is arguing with you until it just becomes extremely inconsequential. If we had an argument over which type of sandwich is best, you'd be arguing down to the brand of pickle that should be used so that the whole scope of the argument is lost.

And, for the last time, you didn't 'win' any arguments. I just gave up for the benefit of everything else; every time we argue it turns into something extremely inconsequential. Case in point: this topic about MK turned into who is a better debater.

You might know Smash more, but until you actually understand the proper progression of argumentation, you haven't won *any* debates.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
I think we realize yuna people are not machines you keep throwing this dumb *** point at us when we realize there is human error involved. I just said excessively i never said anything about time limit.

Debonu

Smash Cadet
besides angeling ur taps you can also angel the cstick to down left or down right to move across the stage very fast and if u do it with angeled taps its even faster(i think)

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
i dont have an sd card.
I have a capture card, add me my Wii number and I'll be more then happy to upload for you.

My Wii Number= 3964 8307 8964 3931

Brawl FC= 0731-4425-9148

I think you need both to send replays to people not sure.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
if a cpu did indeed grab you, I would start to move to the non ban side. Since if thats true this technique would not be that useful anyways, depending how easy it is for the grab. Ill do some tests.

acv

Smash Journeyman
I have a capture card, add me my Wii number and I'll be more then happy to upload for you.

My Wii Number= 3964 8307 8964 3931

Brawl FC= 0731-4425-9148

I think you need both to send replays to people not sure.
doesnt matter i will just use my friends sd card.i will upload it during the week.although i am pretty sure he grabbed me out of it i need to see what other people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom