• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's Revenge: The Official Match-Up Thread *Wario* -> GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
Anyways, we can discuss any character now? :\ Or are we waiting for the next official announcement?

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Hey guys I would like to talk you about the Peach match-up KOS-MOS' Peach is too good I just don't know what to do lol. How should I play this match-up and what stages would be great to play on neutrals and counter-picks. What stages should I stay away from as well. I also need help on the Falco match-up so if you have some adivce that would be nice.

Please be descrete I really want to know the ins and outs of the match-up so I can do very well.

Thanks for reading.

smasher01

Smash Ace
for peach when shes in the air tornado her then when she throws crap at you tornado her just camp and look for a chance to nado her and combo her with uairs from there. watch close cuz if your predictable with nado she will fsmash or ftilt you out of it and that frustrating.

for falco dair camp till you get to 30 percent than play normal after that watch how the falco plays cuz most falcos are very predictable with sideBs and all that stupid stuff that leaves them open.

O and can we talk about the olimar match up?
what moves does olimar have that stops our tornado?

Staco

Smash Champion
for peach when shes in the air tornado her then when she throws crap at you tornado her just camp and look for a chance to nado her and combo her with uairs from there. watch close cuz if your predictable with nado she will fsmash or ftilt you out of it and that frustrating.

for falco dair camp till you get to 30 percent than play normal after that watch how the falco plays cuz most falcos are very predictable with sideBs and all that stupid stuff that leaves them open.
Lol, if it was that easy vs. Peach.

And Falco doesnt even have to Side B vs. you until you are in a situation, where you cant really predict or punish his side B.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Peach vs MK is kinda easy. Like, it's not lol easy, but it's kinda basic. There's not many "hard" things to read, any extremely dangerous things against him, etc. You just abuse tornado, Upb her aerials or outspace her with your own aerials, and on the ground Tilt and Dsmash/Fsmash. If you aren't trying to beat her to a pulp with offense and just use your range well along with abusing the fact that she has a hard time stopping tornado when done right, and you have a won matchup.

smasher01

Smash Ace
Lol, if it was that easy vs. Peach.

And Falco doesnt even have to Side B vs. you until you are in a situation, where you cant really predict or punish his side B.
for peach mk is he worst match up.
than dair camp

help on the diddy matchup plz?
dair camp to nado when you see an opening works well.
any advice or strategys on how to get in side and **** his ****?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dash, Shield, Punish.

I'm not kidding, it's pretty easy. Just get close and be LOL MK. That and once you get him offstage, you have a field day if you play it right.

PS aerial-Upb or PS Zair-Upb works well too. That and getting dash grabs/dash attacks in is pretty safe.

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
Dash, Shield, Punish.

I'm not kidding, it's pretty easy. Just get close and be LOL MK. That and once you get him offstage, you have a field day if you play it right.

PS aerial-Upb or PS Zair-Upb works well too. That and getting dash grabs/dash attacks in is pretty safe.
Alrighty :p But what do I do about all those projectiles?:psycho:

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
for peach mk is he worst match up.
than dair camp

help on the diddy matchup plz?
dair camp to nado when you see an opening works well.
any advice or strategys on how to get in side and **** his ****?
Against Diddy, PS the bananas as he throws them at you, but if you can't time it right, shield grab Diddy as he runs towards you. It's inevitable that most Diddys will try to grab you after you shield a banana toss.

DAIR camping and nado work alright. They aren't really the solution because Diddy has the tools to punish you right after especially if the stage is small. Really, the only way to **** Diddy on the ground is to abuse his own bananas against him. I suggest Glide Tossing them as Diddy won't expect it and with Meta's amazing glide toss, you'll probably be within his range and go on the temporary offensive.

Edge guarding him is something that works better in theory than in execution. If he uses the Rockets to recover, grab the edge to get the invincibility frames and DAIR him out of it. It's difficult, but it works. If he tries to use his side B (that move where he jumps), move out of the way. If you shield it, he can land with no lag and shield your punishments, barring a grab. It's better to sidestep and chase wherever he lands in order to punish him and restart the edge guarding process.

If you are going to throw him, use D-THROW at the edge. (But personally, I just grab release them, which basically forces them to use their second jump or recover immediately). Using any other grab leaves Diddy in the air in which he can side B and use other mix ups to escape your grasp and break your edge guarding process.

Use tornado to punish his landings just to build up damage. Then you are free to use any other move to finish the d@mn dirty ape.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Dair camping sucks vs. Diddy. It gives him time to pull bananas, he can throw them up to hit you, and his fair/uair work effectively against it.

Don't use the bananas. Throw them offstage or throw them up into the air where he can't reach them.

When he's on the ground and throws bananas towards you, shield and up B OOS or spot dodge -> punish/dair/nair OOS the obvious grab coming.

If he has a banana, don't touch his shield or tornado. It is impossible to shieldpoke Diddy with tornado unless he's on a platform.

Dthrow -> tornado works great unless he has a banana.

If there's a banana on the floor right in front of Diddy, don't even consider dash attacking to pick it up...such an easy shieldgrab opportunity.

When Diddy does that stupid brickwall with one banana in his hand, one in front of him, and shooting peanuts, there's not much you can do. Try to bait the banana throw and catch it, then get rid of it so he can't do stupid **** like that.

Obviously don't be predictable about where you move after being tripped.

If you pop him up in the air, his aerial movement and landing options kinda suck ****. Get under him and prevent him from landing with tornado or uairs to bait dodges, then hitting him with some other aerial/tornado.

Grab and uair open the most opportunities for attacking Diddy.

If he's got two bananas out and they're both near him, there isn't much you can do. It all comes down to your ability to read the opponent and vice versa.

Offstage shouldn't be a problem. You can dair, nair and fair his side B, and dropped invincible nair/dair from the edge on his up B. Nair is the best option because the weak hitbox will knock him off his barrels but not propel him in any specific direction, making him fall to his death.

smasher01

Smash Ace
Thanks for the info. So basically play aggressive what if i d-air camped aggressively ? or is it not reliable because he can still u-throw the banana at me

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can make it work if your goal isn't actually to hit the player, but instead to stall the match. Diddy is like Falco in the sense that his aerial mobility is pathetic and he won't be able to chase you horizontally with aerials. This works best on stages with a good platform or two. (Battlefield & Pokemon Stadium1, in my experience)

If you have a goal to diminish his shield with dairs and tornado afterwards, you're going to fail. Diddy's shield is great and he's got bananas which can be glide tossed out of shield extremely well. He'll glide toss them up at you after each dair. That and as someone else mentioned, his fair is a great anti-air tool.

Staco

Smash Champion
Dont just throw the bananas away.
Throw them at place, where they wont annoy you so that the Diddy cant pull new bananas.

You can also use the bananas to your advantage.

You can also Dair Camp while holding a banana by pressing Z and then picking up the banana again while doing the Dair.

Picking up bananas on the floor with an aerial is also pretty good.

If you dair camp and expect him to fair just do the 2nd Dair higher than the first so that the Diddy jumps into it. ;)

One thing I dont notice MK players doing:
For example the top Snakes just PS the bananas or directly pick them up, if the Diddy throws it at them.

Its pretty good and if you can do it perfectly you wont be forced to approach from the air. (you really dont want to go into the air with MK for a big distance, since his airspeed is so slow; Diddy is also pretty bad on the floor, if his bananas get useless)

TeSik

Smash Cadet
Wouldn't it be helpful to not actually try to approach Diddy but to bait him to get his bananas thrown away?
E.g. abovementioned Dair camp. After a spaced dair Diddy might want to GT the banana up to you. So the thing you have to do is to do one dair and then a rising airdodge. This way, you either get lucky and catch the banana or it gets through you so it can be caught after with Z which gives you quite some control.

If it works it shouldn't be used too often the same way, though, as clever Diddys tend to predict that and wait for your airdodge to punish it. Mix it up with waiting aswell (requires good reflexes) or doing this higher Dair thing if Diddy comes up with a fair or w/e

Staco

Smash Champion
Making an airdodge makes you punishable and limits your options.
If you dodge he can just jump up and punish the dodge with an aerial.

But Diddy wont throw it up senseless since it doesnt make much damage.
And if you do a spaced dair, he wont throw the banane up to you.

flytai45

Smash Rookie
I know IM a bit of a noob in terms of posting but I actually have ALOT of metaknight vs snake matchup expierience and I disagree with what the matchup says "Don't use F-tilt or D-tilt as you have much better options in this match-up."/

the reason being is that I find that D-tilt helps alot especially if you have good reaction because the minute I see a snake do a dash for a Mortar slide I D-Tilt hime and it stops him right in his tracks. (but I just recently started doing this and this could also work because it was an unexpected change in my gameplay...Idk for sure...).. but D-tilt can also be used to edge guard while on stage, i just think it shouldn't be a move thats excluded for a match.-that's all.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Ftilt is good vs. Snake, dtilt isn't. Ftilt beats his ftilt with really good spacing and it seems that lots of Snakes spot dodge a lot. Instead of dtilting his DACUS, I tornado/fsmash/grab it.

flytai45

Smash Rookie
Ftilt is good vs. Snake, dtilt isn't. Ftilt beats his ftilt with really good spacing and it seems that lots of Snakes spot dodge a lot. Instead of dtilting his DACUS, I tornado/fsmash/grab it.
okay thx for the advice...I've also found that tornadoing his DACUS is also really good too. I'll have to try f smash and grabbing:)

smasher01

Smash Ace
I know IM a bit of a noob in terms of posting but I actually have ALOT of metaknight vs snake matchup expierience and I disagree with what the matchup says "Don't use F-tilt or D-tilt as you have much better options in this match-up."/

the reason being is that I find that D-tilt helps alot especially if you have good reaction because the minute I see a snake do a dash for a Mortar slide I D-Tilt hime and it stops him right in his tracks. (but I just recently started doing this and this could also work because it was an unexpected change in my gameplay...Idk for sure...).. but D-tilt can also be used to edge guard while on stage, i just think it shouldn't be a move thats excluded for a match.-that's all.
I like to f-air their Mortar slide. every time i try d-tilt it trades hits i think i just have bad timing.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
ugh the only reason i bothered looking at this is cuz i wanted a good lol by seing his matchup against link <_<
but you ppl dont have it yet D=
neither does the link board i mean rly <_<

i guess the thought is "ppl know **** well it's like 5/95 so why bother putting it" but it would still be funny to see it DX

OverLade

Smash Hero
Most good snakes wont randomly Snakedash at you (and if they do, they'll hit your shield/body with the dash attack first, then cancel it into an Usmash) so you can't punish it as easily.

But I like using Nair because it's multihit so even if you dont time it perfectly you're still relatively safe. A mistimed Fsmash can get you hit.

Nic64

Smash Lord
i guess the thought is "ppl know **** well it's like 5/95 so why bother putting it"
I think we should just start going to random low tier boards and making topics like "just a reminder, Meta Knight ***** you like a catholic priest in a preschool"

Duo55

Smash Ace
I've fought many different meta-knight mains, pro and noob, and I can honestly say that your analysis of Fox has a few very important gaping holes, and a couple of misconceptions. I prefer it this way though.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I'll be taking over this thread soon. As soon as Steel transfers ownership to me I'll get discussion started again. :)

Staco

Smash Champion
I'll be taking over this thread soon. As soon as Steel transfers ownership to me I'll get discussion started again. :)
You could maybe make a matchtup thread export system instead of one matchup thread.
Ive seen this beeing used in other char boards and it seems to work pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom