• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta knight recovery better than Pits?

Seriaxe

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys, I was just wondering if Meta Knight's recovery is better than Pit's, because MK's is much longer and seems to me to be better. However, pit's has more versatility with his UpB, I need to hear your thoughts.

Master Raven

Smash Master
They both have excellent recovery, but I think, once you get used to Meta's gliding capabilities, that Meta's recovery is superior.

waks

Smash Journeyman
I dont like Pit's really cos once you use UpB and get hit out of it, I think you cannot do UpB again

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight can:

UP+B for a KO-potential attack plus glide to glide back onto the level, to the ledge, or under the level to the other side. If you get damaged while doing this move, you get another.

SIDE+B to attack towards the ledge (or land, if you want). Works from even very very very low areas where the Shuttleloop won't work.

DOWN+B to teleport for the ledge (or land, if you want). Works from close areas and lower below ledge areas where SIDE+B and UP+B won't work, which you may rarely find yourself at. (remember, if you don't attack at the end of this move it works like Pikachu's UP+B, in the fact you can go further if you do 'two different directions' through the animation start and end)

Meta can recover from virtually anywhere. He also has more jumps than Pit.

Pit can:

UP+B for a predictable non-attacking usually slow moving short lasting flight that is simply gimped by hitting him with even a toothpick to the toe.

META > PIT

Vlade

Social Outcast
I have to agree with HolyForce - what I like about MK is his options for recovery; he has 3 recovery moves and shuttle loop has awesome knockback to KO.

Seriaxe

Smash Apprentice
Lots of people are agreeing that MK has a better recovery then pit

From what i seen and heard i think MK has a better recovery due to the fact he has more variety and option then Pit and can travel much further than pit can

So MK > Pit in all areas

MK FTW

Meta_Master

Smash Cadet
Ah, finally. People see it like I do. Not only can MK glide with shuttle loop, but he can glide BEFORE that already with his standard jumps. So thats TWO potential glides. :D

MK > PIT. Anyday, anytime.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Metaknight doesn't get gimped. Pit does. This makes MK's recovery a lot better than Pit's.

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
the big thing is that its hard to gimp meta's recovery and real easy to gimp pit's, although ive seen pits Upb all the way under FD, its still easier to gimp. and you can kill whilst recovering so yea

Meta>Pit

ckm

Smash Journeyman
yeah MKs recovery beats pits in almost every way... MK can recover from any distance not KO'd on FD, and is less vulnerable to being gimped or edgeguarded.... he can also recover offensively

i guess if youre talking upb only... well, MK still wins but by a slightly smaller margin.

Jarabe 93

Smash Apprentice
Meta Knight has better recovery. It's a fact.

-Glide alone is infinite distance. Throw in Shuttle Loop auto-glide and we have more gliding than we can handle.
-Proper B button presses can allow you to recover wide horizontal distances while attacking with high priority with Mach Tornado.
-Drill Rush makes a great recovery attack, not only covering decent horizontal ground, but amazing vertical distance as well when angled up (plus the extra hop at the end of the Drill Rush animation). Also enjoys high priority.
-Good timing with the Dimensional Cape allows a small-distanced recovery with a few invinciblility frames, as well as a nice 14% attack if desired (it is usually unexpected).

Pit's Wings of Icarus is easily gimped. Hit him once, and he can't use it again until his hits the ground (unlikely) or dies (probably what's going to happen).

Dojo

Smash Champion
Meta Knight has better recovery. It's a fact.

-Glide alone is infinite distance. Throw in Shuttle Loop auto-glide and we have more gliding than we can handle.
-Proper B button presses can allow you to recover wide horizontal distances while attacking with high priority with Mach Tornado.
-Drill Rush makes a great recovery attack, not only covering decent horizontal ground, but amazing vertical distance as well when angled up (plus the extra hop at the end of the Drill Rush animation). Also enjoys high priority.
-Good timing with the Dimensional Cape allows a small-distanced recovery with a few invinciblility frames, as well as a nice 14% attack if desired (it is usually unexpected).

Pit's Wings of Icarus is easily gimped. Hit him once, and he can't use it again until his hits the ground (unlikely) or dies (probably what's going to happen).
Along with drill rush being able to sweetspot. =]

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
pit actually does not have that good of a recovery... -__-
compared to mk's it's nothing lol.
pit is ridiculously easy to kill because once off the edge just make him use his jumps by edgeguarding .. then when hhe uses his up b just hit him once and he's dead...

certainly can't be compared to mk's lol

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
MK's recovery is better. It's harder to use MK's recoveries once you first use him, but once learned, MK has pretty much the best recovery in the game.

5 midair jumps
4 recovery aiding specials
2 glides

Pit's recovery is nice and easy to use, and can recover from almost anywhere. However, if attacked over a void, you have no place to go except down to your death. Pit's side special aids in recovery, but just a little bit.

3 midair jumps
2 recovery aiding specials
1 glide

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight's recovery is by far better than Pit's in my opinion. He has five jumps as opposed to three and good options for a final recovery depending on the situation (drill rush has insane vertical distance, shuttle loop attacks into gliding and has no lag) Pit's up-B seemed broken the first week I had Brawl, but it's too easily gimped.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
You guys are missin the big picture pits up b is used as a last resort unless wingdashing when last i checked MK cant do that. im not sure what shuttle looping is but doesnt sound like a problem. You see the problem is you guys havent faced a good pit. Sure you cant glide so can we but we have shield that turn you around your attack becomes your downfall. Also your drill attack is easily knocked back and your mach tornado? Meet mr neutral air or my good friend forward tilt. By the way you guys are sayin we have 3 jumps u have 5 look a distance 1 jumps takes you compared to pits and dont get me started on wing refresh where our first jump = Our up b than following that is 3 jumps with another up b plus pit has loopable arrows meaning im dangerous off the stage too. You guys ever need proof you see my aim and my fc hit me up. Hahahahaha MK > Pit? dont make me laugh

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
You guys are missin the big picture pits up b is used as a last resort unless wingdashing when last i checked MK cant do that. im not sure what shuttle looping is but doesnt sound like a problem. You see the problem is you guys havent faced a good pit. Sure you cant glide so can we but we have shield that turn you around your attack becomes your downfall. Also your drill attack is easily knocked back and your mach tornado? Meet mr neutral air or my good friend forward tilt. By the way you guys are sayin we have 3 jumps u have 5 look a distance 1 jumps takes you compared to pits and dont get me started on wing refresh where our first jump = Our up b than following that is 3 jumps with another up b plus pit has loopable arrows meaning im dangerous off the stage too. You guys ever need proof you see my aim and my fc hit me up. Hahahahaha MK > Pit? dont make me laugh
We're talking about recoveries here, not which overall character is better. Take that to the MK VS Pit discussion.

Seriaxe

Smash Apprentice
Lol you are making me laugh, Mk Recovery is better because he has more variety in what recoveries he can choose to do like Mach Tornado if their coming close or for horizontal recovery, Pit Up B is good but if you get hit you fly down to your dooms, you know this is a disscussion about recoveries not about how good they are

metaknightp0wns

Smash Apprentice
just because ur good with a character doesnt mean that the character ur good with is good. and metaknight owns pit in everyway exept for weight and projectile

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
just because ur good with a character doesnt mean that the character ur good with is good. and metaknight owns pit in everyway exept for weight and projectile
not true pit has strength over MK all Mk does and use his speed to his advantage, he can barely kill thats why he cant beat snakes.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
not true pit has strength over MK all Mk does and use his speed to his advantage, he can barely kill thats why he cant beat snakes.
With all due respect, you have no idea what you're talking about.

If you can't beat Snake with MK, then you don't know how to fight Snake with MK.

Last time I played a talented Snake, I won with 2 stocks left. It's an even matchup.

As far as the topic is concerned, yes MK's recovery is SS rank and Pit's is A.

Pit is one of my favorites; but face it, MK is broke.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Lol you are making me laugh, Mk Recovery is better because he has more variety in what recoveries he can choose to do like Mach Tornado if their coming close or for horizontal recovery, Pit Up B is good but if you get hit you fly down to your dooms, you know this is a disscussion about recoveries not about how good they are
Your missing the predictablity of your recovery. You can glide in or come to edge. Actually good players will intercept you making you come to the edge. Than what use drill? or tornado? or Up B? they all are predictable in your movements and can be gimped if the player is good enough. Pit's recovery is prestigious. He can shoot arrows off of the stage and come back with his up b. If tryed to be hit in Up B than pit can simply WoI to the other edge easily. Than come off the edges with an attack unlike most Mks i fought they just slightly go under the edge and Up B which im guessing is a shuttle loop. You can be grabbed and knocked backed off the stage. Pit's Recovery is more movable, where Mks is stronger but more direct and predictable. Thats all im saying

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
With all due respect, you have no idea what you're talking about.

If you can't beat Snake with MK, then you don't know how to fight Snake with MK.

Last time I played a talented Snake, I won with 2 stocks left. It's an even matchup.

As far as the topic is concerned, yes MK's recovery is SS rank and Pit's is A.
Im sorry but Holy Force you seem so clueless. Snake will reck MK in so many wayz. The snake you played wasnt really that good then. Sure he could have been talented to you but he really couldnt have been that good. Its nowhere near an even matchup when snake has projectiles and tilts that kill you below 100%. You haven't a clue what your saying Mk is beasted by snakes.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
You don't play smart MKs, do you?

Don't forget the final fact: Pit gets hit by even a toothpick = death.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Im sorry but Holy Force you seem so clueless. Snake will reck MK in so many wayz. The snake you played wasnt really that good then. Sure he could have been talented to you but he really couldnt have been that good. Its nowhere near an even matchup when snake has projectiles and tilts that kill you below 100%. You haven't a clue what your saying Mk is beasted by snakes.
Tilts below 100%? Without DI *maybe* on the edge of a level.

Besides, I want Snake to tilt. That's how MK wins.

What when I dair Snake edge-level off the map? He has to recover and can't with laggy aerials. Outwards Shuttleloop on the first two non-cancelable seconds of the cypher = good night Snake. One of many, many examples.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Sad Mk player you dont understand the outclass that snake has to MK. Your just playing them lvl 7 cpu's actually play really good snake players and you will see that snake barely dies by Mk, Snake sets traps, throws grenades, and has missiles. He weighs more than MK, hes stronger than MK, and his range is much farther.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Sad Mk player you dont understand the outclass that snake has to MK. Your just playing them lvl 7 cpu's actually play really good snake players and you will see that snake barely dies by Mk, Snake sets traps, throws grenades, and has missiles. He weighs more than MK, hes stronger than MK, and his range is much farther.
Uhm, I don't get paid to educate ignorant ppl. You are worth nothing to me. Continue to be stupid and see how far it gets you. Good day.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Sure insulting my intelligences won't hide that fact that i am right. But dont believe me see it from another MK player in your fellow MK furoms.

He quotes!!!!
"Snake-Fighting Snake Is Like Walking Aroung A Field Of Mines.A Good Snake Always Knows What To Do And When To Do So.Snake Is Vey Dangerous Up Close And From Far So That Cripples Mk's Startegies As In To Aproach Or To Evade.Snakes Often Use Theirgrenades To Iether Shield And Inflict,Drop Them Then Roll,Or Cook Them.Another Highly Used Move Is The Dash To UpSmash,It Is Fast And Allows Snake To Hit You 3 Times(dash,Upsmash,Explosive).They Also Use The Jab Combo And And Uptilt Along With Sidetilt.These Moves Make The AnitMeta.So Ill Try My Best To Exlplain The Strategies I Use To Defeat A Good Snake.First If A Snake Aproaches With A Dash Upsmash,There Is A Way To Completely Make Them Stop Using That Move,This Includes A Soft Mindgame Or Just Crazy Reflexes.When Ever And I Mean In any Occasion You See A Snake Dashing To You,You Immedietly Use Downtilt If A Snake Gets Caught It Stop Him From Ever Hitting You,If You Miss Wich Means He Missed Also Doesnt really Put You In Any Danger Since Mk Is Steps Away,If He Trips And Gets Attacked Because Of It(this sometimes doesnt happen but just incase he trips)He Just Got Countered.If This Is Done Atleast Three TimesThe Snake User Will Not Dash Aproach As Often As He Would Normally Or If He Feels Theirs Other Openings He Will Stop,Because Of The Fear Of Getting Countered.If They Use The Grenades In Anyway Especially If They Are About To Or Have It Holding It In Their Hands,It Means They Cant To Nothing But Throw It,Or Move Back And Forward.This Small Opening Is Very Important,As A Snake Knows That If You Aproach To Attack He Will Shield And Let The GreanadeInflict And Stun You,But Dont Attack Insted Grab Him With An Up Grab,Especially If He Left a Grenade Close To Him On The Floor,Wich If It Explodes Mostly Likely Will Miss Becuase You In The Air.If Done Successfully Snakes Grenade Mind Games Just Got Countered.This Leads Me To The Tilt He Has In Store,Just Incase He Expects A Grab,And He Might Try To Up Tilt You Or Sidetilt,Though His Grenades Might Hit Him You Can Stop Your Aproach Until The Nades Explode ThenResume YourAproach And Stop A Character Away From Him Enough To Make Him Miss Any Tilts After That You Can Attack Or Tornado,More Safely Tornado And Inflict Damage.If He Is In The Air After That Thats Mk's Call To Own Him Since Snake In The Air Is Slow.If He Uses His SideB,Dont Panic Just Use The Tornade And Nothing Will Happen To You,You Just Have To Go Through It And Catch The Voulnerable Snake.His Down B Is Just A Matter Of Keeping A Close Eye Therefore Disabling The His Field Control.If A Snake Uses UpB To Recover Try To UpB(shootle loop) And Could Possibly Kill Hi Since It Goes Through It And If You Do His Cypher Will Hit You Enabling You To Move Freely Without Freefalling,It Sounds Like This Was Intended Because Snake Undoubtly Is Mk's Hardest Foe.Well This Is What Most Snakes Do Or Atleast Its What They Always Try To Do To Me,In Conclusion Dont Rush The Fight Let Him Expect You To Come After Him ThenStop Your Movements Causing Him To Question Your Intentions And In That Moment Capitalize(this is somewhat what all Us Humans Do when playing brawl)."

on this thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174098

Notice he has an extremely large paragraph trying to explain ways to actually come close to beating a snake. If they doesnt prove it than im wasting my time trying to enlighten you.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Dude your "point" is so stupid I can clearly tell I'm dealing with a minor and therefore conclude my business here.

We'll see who is right in time. Snake is great (he's top tier with MK; no Pit, sorry) - but he's not as "sure win" as you make him out to be, at all.

Good day, bro. God bless.

Dojo

Smash Champion

OK, I played arguably 2 of the best 3 snakes in Texas tourney matches and 2-0'd them. The key is knowing how to play them. Stick to your own character matchups rather than trying to prove to us that we cant beat a snake. This isn't even the thread to do it in, so yeah that'll do.

On the recovery matter. MK's is better. That's just plain fact.

MK has 5 jumps compared to Pits 3.
MK has 2 glides compared to Pits 1.
MK has 4 different B recovery options compared to Pits 1.

Your shield and arrows offstage are oblivious to the fact that you can be gimped off your up b with one single hit. 3 outta 4 of MK's different B recoveries all hit with more priority than 70% of the moves in the game. Leaving him with more and safer options.

Plain and simple
MK's recovery = broken
Pit's recovery = gimpable

Sorry bud.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
Tilts below 100%? Without DI *maybe* on the edge of a level.

Besides, I want Snake to tilt. That's how MK wins.

What when I dair Snake edge-level off the map? He has to recover and can't with laggy aerials. Outwards Shuttleloop on the first two non-cancelable seconds of the cypher = good night Snake. One of many, many examples.
I could be wrong here, but wont utilt kill mk below 100?

Top Bottom