• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta knight recovery better than Pits?

ckm

Smash Journeyman
god this thread is ****. I cant wait for it to be gone from the front page, its such a waste of space.

EvilShadow777

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1177-8767-4539
ckm, that sir, is spam.
On-Topic:
MK easily has the better recovery. He has 4 recoverys, each one has different benifits. As said before, pits recovery actually DROPS him.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I am honored by the name Sir Lucario, but if Undr Dog and u both brought this thread into here for a dispute, get outta here. ArmPit is regarded by many as annoying in the char threads, while most comment that MK is a match up that results in suicide if accepted. If u want to bring up Pit's other things, name it "who's better, Pit or MK?" rather than "who's recovery is better". MK is awesome, ArmPit IMO is just annoying. And whichever one of u said that a good player can gimp MK's recovery, easier said than done, and take that easiness, multiply it by 5, and u get gimping Pit's recovery. He has no speed, no true "attack" options, and yes, I hate Pit. I do have to admit, his edgegame is pretty good, but srsly, go post this somewhere else, of course MK ppl are gonna say theirs is better.
Why include me in this? I was just saying both of the characters have amazing recoveries and questioned if it was necessary to even argue about which is better. In fact I only made two posts, couldn't you've bothered to read at least half of one of them? That alone would've said I wasn't interested in this debate.

However from reading this thread I will say this. I believe Metaknight's recovery is better overall, but Pit's is better in a couple regards such as mobility and having a smaller hitbox during the glide. In other words Metaknight's recovery in the end.

The one thing that urges me to post this though is how obvious it is that people don't understand Pit's recovery. It's sort of like saying "Samus is a slow character" but never actually having saw a fast Samus. When I see all of this "easily gimped" talk, it makes me think you guys imagine a Pit using his WoI to recover. Which Pit should never do unless under the stage.

So anyway, in order to keep people from seeing the itty-bitty image of Pit in my profile rather then reading my post, I'll make sure there is no confusion.

They both have great recoveries, but Metaknight's is better.

And to clear something up, a Pit player didn't create this thread like Phi seemed to've suggested.

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
In the terms of recovery without expecting edge guard I would say Pit is better the recovery can get you almost anywhere on the stage much like Rob's full up special recovery... remember his arsenal is five jumps, broken up B to get you anywhere, and a gimped glide. As MK does indeed have a very good recovery as well but I see most of them as offensive opportunities

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Pit tops out at three mid-air jumps unless you preform one of his infinite jumps.

Amide

Smash Lord
From a completely unbiased point of view, Meta Knight has best recovery, while Pit has third or fourth. Pit's recovery can be edgeguarded incredibly easily.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
From a completely unbiased point of view, Meta Knight has best recovery, while Pit has third or fourth. Pit's recovery can be edgeguarded incredible easily.
How...? Really I'm curious on that one. Unless Pit is taken to a stage where he can't travel beneath he's not easily edgeguarded. I would say Pit has the second best easily, with R.O.B. being third.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to join a war. I'm here for educational purposes.

Undr: Sup, bro? Are you just referring to Pit using his up+b with momentum to quickly fly under the stage and grab the opposite ledge?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
That's one of the ways. He can just as easily glide over there too. I'm just saying a smart Pit won't be gimped on his recovery nearly ever. Though I feel I need to keep stressing that Metaknight has a better recovery. lol... Don't shiv me.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
People need to define what's "better." Pit's recovery covers more distance in any direction compared to Metaknight, but Metaknight has more options combined with being simultaneously attacks.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well Metaknight has less freedom as far as movements are concerned but he has more attacks that assist in his recovery.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Meta Knight ties for horizontal recovery since they both can glide. No doubt Pit can recover upwards more, if executed right; but MK can always get enough verticle recovery to nail the stage, so maybe that point is moot.

I find myself gimping Pits a lot when they are out of jumps or on their last jump. If they have their glide into WoI then they become harder to gimp, but not impossible. Depends on where they are. Below the stage it's pretty easy with MK but other characters not so much.

I had a Pit once fly under the stage with WoI aiming for the opposite ledge. I ran that direction on stage then drilled towards the edge and gimped him trying to hit the ledge. For reasons like this and also in 2on2's I don't think Pit's recovery is as good as MKs overall. Terrible, tho? Not at all. Definately one of the best in the game - esp in the hands of an accurate user like Undr.

To those fighting: Fact is when you tally up all the points Meta Knight has a better recovery game in all situations, and his options double as an offensive move. However, Pit has his highlights, a few categories he pushes forward in, and is top there with best recoveries in the game with MK. Not to mention Pit can wander around offstage a bit pumping arrows back to land.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I would also like to point out that as easy as MK mains like myself find Pit fairly simple to gimp in certain situations - there is always the chance a Pit will reflect your recovery with his shield. Be equally as careful.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
in my opinion
pits upB seems easy to gimp to you guys because You ARe metaKnight players! Omgosh!
gimping recoveries is what u guy do best! but seriously though a good pit player barely ever gets gimped.
you guys should take that to account because newsflash : Not every1 plays Meta!(they play snake too hahaha)

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I'd say Meta Knight ties for horizontal recovery since they both can glide. No doubt Pit can recover upwards more, if executed right; but MK can always get enough verticle recovery to nail the stage, so maybe that point is moot.

I find myself gimping Pits a lot when they are out of jumps or on their last jump. If they have their glide into WoI then they become harder to gimp, but not impossible. Depends on where they are. Below the stage it's pretty easy with MK but other characters not so much.

I had a Pit once fly under the stage with WoI aiming for the opposite ledge. I ran that direction on stage then drilled towards the edge and gimped him trying to hit the ledge. For reasons like this and also in 2on2's I don't think Pit's recovery is as good as MKs overall. Terrible, tho? Not at all. Definately one of the best in the game - esp in the hands of an accurate user like Undr.

To those fighting: Fact is when you tally up all the points Meta Knight has a better recovery game in all situations, and his options double as an offensive move. However, Pit has his highlights, a few categories he pushes forward in, and is top there with best recoveries in the game with MK. Not to mention Pit can wander around offstage a bit pumping arrows back to land.

You say that Mk has more horizontal distance. Thats only with gliding, pit can glide the entire hyrule stage also so going horizontal with gliding pit takes that.

Also with the over b gimp you were force over and up to avoid dying, a pit could drop down than choice where to go from there.

Lastly imo MK has more ways to recover in forms of attacking but pit can go the distance. imagine at the very bottom left of fd mk might die, pit could make it back.

Heavenly Cloud

Smash Apprentice
I find MK's recoveries better, mostly because he has 4 different recovery moves and a glide. Also, he can attack out of any of his recovery options. Its not always safe to attack out of Pit's recovery and if you do manage to get hit during WoI then your done.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Meta Knight ties for horizontal recovery since they both can glide.
. . .
You say that Mk has more horizontal distance. . . .
Sir Lucario, I entirely believe you read what you want to read - and not what is actually there. The same can be said for the “realization of things in reality”.

Your very first line in your reply towards me contradicts the very first line in my post.

I find any argument pushed forward by yourself irrelevant.

I digress.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Affinity we played before and your mk begs to differ my gamer tag is skip
Play me offline without terrible lag before you say such things; it affects both our recoveries.

Also, you only win against me like 1 out of every 4 games we play. I don't understand where you're coming from.

EDIT: GGs today. Youre a lot better at playing against MK than before. Nice Job.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
All of Meta Knight's specials can be used to recover, and not only are all of them good at doing so, but they're all attacks. I'm a pit main and I say MK's recovery is superior. I also say so what?

metahunter

Smash Apprentice
it realy depends on what you mean by recovery

if you mean the abilty to get back to the stage from the farthest distence away then pits would be better

but if you mean the abilty to get back to the stage more efencently without being edge gaurded to death then metaknight is better by a long shot

i personaly perfer meta knight. The only time i could not recover with metaknight but could with pit was on a custom stage with a huge *** wall that i got spiked to the bottom of, but sence that stage will never make it to a torrnement so i like metaknights recovery more

Seriaxe

Smash Apprentice
it realy depends on what you mean by recovery

if you mean the abilty to get back to the stage from the farthest distence away then pits would be better

but if you mean the abilty to get back to the stage more efencently without being edge gaurded to death then metaknight is better by a long shot

i personaly perfer meta knight. The only time i could not recover with metaknight but could with pit was on a custom stage with a huge *** wall that i got spiked to the bottom of, but sence that stage will never make it to a torrnement so i like metaknights recovery more
I think Meta knight can travel further then pit?:confused:

Top Bottom