• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta knight recovery better than Pits?

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Aug, we all know that Metaknight is overall better than Pit for gimping reasons. If anyone had more then 3 air jumps, Pit would usually lose since Up+B makes you very vulnerable. However, in the end, Pit's vertical recovery is better than almost anyone though he is vulnerable...

kupo15

Smash Hero
good pit players dont get gimped like that. i think both recovers suit the character good in different ways. There are a bunch of AT's with it that ppl think are useless, but I guess you will have to find out the hard way granted the Pit player knows how to use it.

It is like comparing Olimars recovery to Ivysuar's. Olimars is worse than Ivy's but it is the same thing. A good whatever doesn't get edge guarded like that

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Wow, thanks for noting this kupo... I was almost wondering if Pit's recovery was all that good..... I'm a Pit mainer and I almost always thought that Meta Knight was better than Pit at everything...

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Still conversing over this i see.

Aug, we all know that Metaknight is overall better than Pit for gimping reasons. If anyone had more then 3 air jumps, Pit would usually lose since Up+B makes you very vulnerable. However, in the end, Pit's vertical recovery is better than almost anyone though he is vulnerable...

Anywayz good pits over use they're Wings as a last resort, pits will go under the stage if necessary where a MK trying to gimp will just die. Btw you say he vertical recovery is better than almost anyone? Name 1 character that can go higher and i can stay in the air for over 25 seconds.

MK is much more versitile.... Pit's recovery is pretty easily gimped...
Play me and try to gimp my Up B please. Im beggin ya

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I think Meta knight can travel further then pit?:confused:
Please tell me why Mk can travel farther than pit?
Most like your gonna say Gliding. IF your gonna say gliding than both Mk, and pits recovery are equally good. We BOTH CAN GLIDE FOREVER!!!!!! IF your gonna use any other move, Shuttle loop is also considered gliding. Tornado, Over B, Down B . Than pit will be seeing as he can travel farther with his up B. without the use of glidng.

But its not really important, Pit and Mk can travel back from anything. Except Pit has more vertical, If you were metoered with one jump left MK could hop and Shuttle loop but hey! they can glide, slowly to theyre death, Pit can reach higher elevations but Mk can damage with his. So please can everyone stop saying MK > Pit until you play pro pit players. Also Gamebattle Pits arent the best type Anyway. If anyone likes i would happy to have a Pit vs MK. My friend Affinity can tell you that pit isnt a joke and you will rarely even look at me in my Up B. Well unless im pushing you backward :laugh:

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Wait, Sir Lucario. I don't understand what you meant by your interpretation of my quote saying that pit's recovery is better than almost anyone else's. Snake can do that bomb refresh and with his C4 and go really high... That's what I meant by almost... Also, Lucas's has Zap Jump to Pk Thunder 2 which could also be better than Pit's recovery in both height and speed while it also damages...

kupo15

Smash Hero
This is so annoying how ppl are so narrow minded. Pits Up B is an attack like Mk's except a little different. I don't expect anyone who doesnt main pit and is good with him to understand what I mean.

Wait until you play a good one and not the noob pits because there are so many its disgraceful. Then you will see. Its like saying "Zamus is so easily gimped, just knock her off the edge and shes dead." A good Zamuss player doesn't get gimped the same way a good Pit doesn't get gimped. If you think we are going to use it where you can easily gimp us, then you i dont know what to say.

This isn't worth the time to argue. You will just have to wait and see when you face a good pit. There is no point in trying to convince you guys otherwise.

They both fit the style of the player in there own ways

MK=Pit

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Well Said Kupo And i will agree to that, Both Mk and Pit has they're good and bads. But i will agree
MK = Pit
Btw Demonic I mean Pit's Vertical recover towers over anyone esle's, With Lucas Zap Jump he requires his second jump to use it.
Snake bomb jumping if done continuously will eventually die.

Pit can Wing refresh. Meaning Pit can do this
WOI top of stage, Cancel with an attack, Jump, Jump, Jump, WOI the entire time. If you wish i could show you on Wifi but Noone esle can mess with pit's vertical Game, trust me.

Top Bottom