• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Just stick to MK and play randoms when you want to have a small break from MK. The very best thing to do.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
Thanks beepo<3

------------

Anyone else anything helpful with the MK vs R.O.B. on Delfino MU?

Any transformations in ROB's favour?

What is MK's strongest point on the stage? (sharking? getting opponents in aqua?)
for some reason alot of ppl(rob users) like the mk vs rob MU there so tbh its prob 1 of robs best places in the MU. but... i could be wrong.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Yeah, I've heard it's more in MKs favor, I'm just looking for why it shuts down R.O.B. so much.

Kaffei

Smash Hero

Kaffei

Smash Hero
The hitboxes on GW's bair disappear for a split second after the 4th hit, that is when you GSL

etecoon

Smash Hero
what is GSL

if you just mean shuttle loop, yes, you can shuttle loop after shielding GAW's bair but you MUST hit confirm it, if you get antsy and throw out a SL when his bair hasn't actually connected with your shield you will get *** ****ed

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
DTL gave up about the Mu threads, and I just started with the first one on the tier list, I'll just keep the Tier list order, and since Snake and Diddy are already there, next one would be Falco.

I might make an exception with GW, since people ask too much about him.... =/

theunabletable

Smash Lord
I think we should do Olimar before doing G&W lol.

Hell you could go through the MK question and answer thread, and just quote some of the things Orion said in there (or what I said) about the matchup, and use that to summarize it in the matchup thread until we get a formal discusison. That way we don't get people constantly asking about it, and we can discuss more urgent matchups (like Olimar...)

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Considering Brood beat M2K and Olimar's are now starting to pick up his tricks, now would be a great time to learn Olimar.

Compared to G&W who never does anything notable, and the matchup can be summed up in like 2 posts (and it has, by me and Orion).

Idk I just think that discussing Olimar would be a lot better than discussing G&W, since the G&W matchup is REALLY simple (really your strategy is super simple, use tilts, up B OoS, stay grounded, and tech Dthrow. More to it than that, but not much. Definitely not enough to warrant discussing it before Olimar, imo), anyways, and honestly I don't think that matchup even needs a whole thread

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I haven't seen this, but you can do this on another portion of this stage. The part with the mountain, if you go to the left side with no space to move around you can grab you opponent and Metacide them with up throw, just like this video.

Also less practical, you can do this on the bottom portion of Spear Pillar at the edges

NNID
Budget_Player
For G&W, if he's ******** and bans something like RC or Brinstar against you, go FD. FD is an incredible counterpick stage against G&W, he has no options against you. Failing that, SV. Basically, you want the least interference and the least platforms, as you can wall him very effectively.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
It's really not that hard to figure out who he's talking to.

As for the Pit MU, what bothers you the most?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Nado & Power shielding > arrows

If they try any dumb gimmicky stuff like arrow looping just go in and **** him. A lot of his moves have a lot of lag and MK =/= lag

and what kinds of moves anyway lol

Orion*

Smash Researcher
For G&W, if he's ******** and bans something like RC or Brinstar against you, go FD. FD is an incredible counterpick stage against G&W, he has no options against you. Failing that, SV. Basically, you want the least interference and the least platforms, as you can wall him very effectively.
and then they go falco or diddy :laugh:

its hard to cp gaw, because haldberd and FD are good stages for other chars. and hes good on brins and RC.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
never run vs kirby.

just space tilts, and read dash shields, and dash grab him. upBing his bair is a legit kill option

tornado is meh here imo, he dis out pretty easy so it wont do much damage, and he can fsmash even easier. however, it does beat/cover a lot of options so from time to time it isnt bad, just dont do it to far away or you will eat a foot

kirbys roll->utilt is mad gay, try and nair him for it

sdi up and away if you get grabbed at low percents

fresh bair WILL KILL YOU

dont be an idiot and air dodge after dthrow

kirbys relatively easy to gimp imo, but invince nairs are good here practice those
That should work for you milesg2g.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
never run vs kirby.

just space tilts, and read dash shields, and dash grab him. upBing his bair is a legit kill option

tornado is meh here imo, he dis out pretty easy so it wont do much damage, and he can fsmash even easier. however, it does beat/cover a lot of options so from time to time it isnt bad, just dont do it to far away or you will eat a foot

kirbys roll->utilt is mad gay, try and nair him for it

sdi up and away if you get grabbed at low percents

fresh bair WILL KILL YOU

dont be an idiot and air dodge after dthrow

kirbys relatively easy to gimp imo, but invince nairs are good here practice those

There ya go bud.

Top Bottom