• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Orion*

Smash Researcher
YOU DON'T YOU CAN'T IT ISN'T POSSIBLE AND IT MAKES ME SAD

sigh

jump canceling in a Melee technique. They took it out in Brawl.

Basically you can run, jump with control stick or X or Y then press Z and you'll do a standing grab out of a run. It's useful because every character in Melee (besides Zelda) has a faster standing grab than running grab, leaving you less vulnerable. On the other hand, there's boosted grabs which give you MORE range but more vulnerability... those, however, are uncommon.

And you can jump cancel Fox's shine. Like, into another wavedash. Hence waveshining. Or you can shine into Usmash. Or turnaround shine into Usmash. Or fun at you opponent, shine, turnaround Usmash. Or shine into grab. Run at your opponent and shine -> grab, which will work sometimes, depending on the character and how fast you are.

BUT NONE OF THAT IS RELEVANT BECAUSE THIS IS BRAWL
why are you in the bbr again LOL

BBQTV

Smash Master
since metaknight ***** rob are there any stages that help us **** even more against rob?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
so can someone show just how gay metaknight can play on these new stages with vids? i've heard some stuff but im not convinced
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ujLvRh_4JHQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ujLvRh_4JHQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I wonder why Plank didn't steal the Gyro. That would have been even gayer

BBQTV

Smash Master
but isn't stalling banned if i try that they would say im stalling but that was nice what about the others?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
How is stealing a Gyro stalling? You run away until they throw the Gyro, grab it, then spam Nado.

Also someone pleaaaaaaaaase go indepth MK vs GW (Doom plz plz)
I suck asssssssssssssssssss vs GW I NEVER win vs GW

Player-4

See you in 25 years
but isn't stalling banned if i try that they would say im stalling but that was nice what about the others?
Just say you weren't stalling, you were just gaining better ground, and anyone can break the Mansion, Plank wasn't really stalling, just finding a better position ;)

How is stealing a Gyro stalling? You run away until they throw the Gyro, grab it, then spam Nado.

We've talked about GW in here before, just go back a few pages

theunabletable

Smash Lord
I'd CP Luigi's Mansion if it were ever legal anywhere...

Just 'cause it's on the BBR ruleset doesn't mean I'll ever end up going to a tournament where it's actually legal lol...

G&W is easy. You **** him on the ground with tilts, and he can't hit your shield in the air because you can just up-B him. It's a simple matchup, really. Stay grounded and control the ground with d/ftilts, mix it up with grabs because they'll sometimes do running shields, don't go in the air, he beats you there flat out, but you never need to go in the air since you control the ground so well, don't bother gimping him it won't work, stuff approaches with up-B (sometimes without him even hitting your shield, but be careful, if he expects it he can punish it), and that's pretty much it.

Don't get grabbed and you won't really ever get punished very hard.

I could be wrong, though; so if any MKs better than I am wanna correct me, please do so :)

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
hey any advice on how to beat DDD's wadle dee projectiles
okay another question how do you aprroch toon link while he is spaming projectiles whenever i go in the air i end up geting hit by an airial or a smash and if a go tornado he just throws in a bomb any advice

Orion*

Smash Researcher

learn to tech dthrow.

dtilt *****, theyre best options are bair or airdodge through you, or run up and shield

if they dash, its so slow and his range is so bad that you should be able to space the tilt and not get shield grabbed.

if you read bair, upB but usually i just shield it, because it resets to nuetral positions, except if they keep doing it they will get to a crappy stage position. smart gaws, will airdodge the upB and uair you, which is GAY so rather than get potentially 9ed or usmashed just let them do useless crap.

they should really only be killing you with fair. everything else is booty

DONT GET GRABBED, especially at zero

bored so ill stop talking could prolly keep going though

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Meta Knight doesn't have real stage control like Snake and Diddy. He must control the space around him and he is good at it.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
lolwtf, how large is the hitbox of Meta-Knight's Tornado? I was onstage vs a Pikachu, and he was under the stage.
He uses Quick Attack and hits the bottom of the stage, i use Tornado, and he gets hit.

I still have the replay if nobody's heard of this before.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
lolwtf, how large is the hitbox of Meta-Knight's Tornado? I was onstage vs a Pikachu, and he was under the stage.
He uses Quick Attack and hits the bottom of the stage, i use Tornado, and he gets hit.

I still have the replay if nobody's heard of this before.

Meta Knight Hit Bubble thread

Pikachu's hurtbox size increases while he is using Quick Attack, if I recall correctly.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Just a random question.
I just did my first real timeout today in Final Destination. It felt so good.
So just asking, how do your opponents think when you do it? :)

BBQTV

Smash Master
so im timeout this wario ok and time was almost up but then he got a hit in the drove his bike under the stage and jump and did his up b and with 2 seconds on the clock he dies on his last stock! is this awesome?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
hey any advice on how to beat DDD's wadle dee projectiles
okay another question how do you aprroch toon link while he is spaming projectiles whenever i go in the air i end up geting hit by an airial or a smash and if a go tornado he just throws in a bomb any advice
Ok then don't jump in the air.

ok then don't nado.
power shield his projectiles and **** him

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You haven't answered my question yet. When momentum canceling, after uairing and then jumping, is it a bad thing to do to start a glide. I don't think it helps at all. But I think more jumps would make you live longer. I notice I die pretty much when I glide after momentum canceling. It's just a habit of mine.
Need to know if I have to stop doing it immediately.

Top Bottom