• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I started doing 2 - 3 jumps after to MC, and it worked better. starting a glide doesn't really do anything

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yes, it's just stuck deep in my habits. Gonna take more than that. But it's not gonna be hard anyways.

SethT

Smash Ace
What are some strats/tips for taking down a good Wolf?

If I can get close to/directly above him its no biggy but thats the hard thing. The only solid ways I can get to him are tornado at about his head height (just above the projectile height) and if I bait the diagonal wolf flash (sorry, don't know its name) thing and manage to air dodge it so I can get the punish.

The wolf in question plays a campy kinda playstyle.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Wolf is surprisingly hard for me. Be careful with nado, as he can easily break it. I am not sure if you can beat hit bair with your fair, but still watch out for that, other than his bair, he's got nothing special. Also, when he does fsmash, hold up on both sticks, you will never die. I have played this MU but I can't make my mind, I am so biased about Wolf, he sucks. Well obvious offstage is your place. You never get spiked, he is forced to dsmash which can't hit you if you're airborne, try to live long.
And a campy Wolf is a dead Wolf. Powershield his blaster and dash grab, he should be more careful then.

SethT

Smash Ace
Thanks for the tip with the f-smash, he spams that like a mofo. His up-b (wolf flash?) is a pretty **** good spike off the edge of the map if it hits its sweet spot, easy enough to gimp however....
Yeah, normally when I get close (with that tactic of power shield dash grab)he just rolls, downsmash. That being said I i can normally do the same thing in that position if I space properly.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You are not doing it fast enough. Remember, he can only roll forwards or backwards, if you know which way, you can get him with tornado very easily.

lilseph

Smash Ace
wolf is easy. Stay airborne, tornado ***** him, and dont get dsmashed. Don't tornado all the time cause he can bait and punish with laser or wait it out. Gimping him is EXTREMLY easy, my doubles partner is a wolf and i almost 2 stock him every game because gimping is so easy against wolf. Don't dsmash or SL til he is at about 100-120%. This keeps your kill moves fresh so when he is up at that % you can get an early kill. Overall this MU is very easy to play, just don`t be stupid and throw dsmash all over the place, if your kil moves are stale he can live to almosr 220%.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
You haven't answered my question yet. When momentum canceling, after uairing and then jumping, is it a bad thing to do to start a glide. I don't think it helps at all. But I think more jumps would make you live longer. I notice I die pretty much when I glide after momentum canceling. It's just a habit of mine.
Need to know if I have to stop doing it immediately.
if you want people to run offstage and start ****** your glide then go for it

lilseph

Smash Ace
I need help with the Falco MU. i Dair camp, which IIRC is a good thing to do in the MU, and i know his laser >tornado. Beyond that i knew a few other things but for the most part i don't know the MU all that well. I just recently at a tourny got sent into losers by a falco player 2 stocking me. I know that he is far better than me but i couldn't help but think that i could have done something better to at least make is closer. Any help guys?

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Oh btw guys, I haven't seen this ever done or said before, but if you ever get the opportunity to Dtilt lock someone, it actually does less damage than doing the lock with jab instead.

Like if they miss a tech at mid-stage, throw a Dtilt to jab reset them safely (in case they do actually tech or something, that way you're not doing a laggy *** jab), then you can walk up and just press A to do a jab that ends as fast as it can, then walk up, jab again, all the way across the stage, and it does more damage than using Dtilt.

Just mentioning that punishing missed techs with an actual jab instead of Dtilt is better (atleast after the first Dtilt. Jab does more damage per distance than Dtilt does).

And it'll unstale stuff (dtilt would, too, but Dtilt would get stale and we sometimes use that move, whereas we should never use jab any other time (actually I think it can be a good mixup for edge guarding, but very situational))

I can't believe that there's a legit use for jab, it seems >_>

I haven't seen it mentioned before, so I thought I might as well post something about it, since it's simply a better punish than using Dtilt all around.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Falco MU, my most played MU with MK...
A really fun MU. You will have problems with FD, so ban it. Now you are on advantage on pretty much any other stage. Dair camping is really great here. Avoid the chain grab at all costs. The chain grab is the most important factor in this MU. If you get grabbed easily, you will get destroyed. If he doesn't, it's going to take a while for him to kill you.
After about 100%, stay grounded more. Staying airborne is just asking for laser > usmash.

Just some stuff.

lilseph

Smash Ace
Oh btw guys, I haven't seen this ever done or said before, but if you ever get the opportunity to Dtilt lock someone, it actually does less damage than doing the lock with jab instead.

Like if they miss a tech at mid-stage, throw a Dtilt to jab reset them safely (in case they do actually tech or something, that way you're not doing a laggy *** jab), then you can walk up and just press A to do a jab that ends as fast as it can, then walk up, jab again, all the way across the stage, and it does more damage than using Dtilt.

Just mentioning that punishing missed techs with an actual jab instead of Dtilt is better (atleast after the first Dtilt. Jab does more damage per distance than Dtilt does).

And it'll unstale stuff (dtilt would, too, but Dtilt would get stale and we sometimes use that move, whereas we should never use jab any other time (actually I think it can be a good mixup for edge guarding, but very situational))

I haven't seen it mentioned before, so I thought I might as well post something about it, since it's simply a better punish than using Dtilt all around.
Holy ****, us MK's have a use for jab LOL

Falco MU, my most played MU with MK...
A really fun MU. You will have problems with FD, so ban it. Now you are on advantage on pretty much any other stage. Dair camping is really great here. Avoid the chain grab at all costs. The chain grab is the most important factor in this MU. If you get grabbed easily, you will get destroyed. If he doesn't, it's going to take a while for him to kill you.
After about 100%, stay grounded more. Staying airborne is just asking for laser > usmash.

Just some stuff.
So if i stay grounded i wont get laser to usmash? If so that would be fantastic, that was generally how i kept dying.:laugh:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You will get laser upsmashed, you are just not in the perfect position for it. Also start to use less nado at higher %, a single mistake and you are dead.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605

I use to jab to punish a predicted ShuttleLoop AutoCancel from an opponent MK (it's better than most attacks since it covers most range un bioth front and back at the same time). It's most likely never to happen, but Mexican Metagame use to be gimmicky and flashy, so I've used it a couple times. =P
Just sayin'....

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I need help with the Falco MU. i Dair camp, which IIRC is a good thing to do in the MU, and i know his laser >tornado. Beyond that i knew a few other things but for the most part i don't know the MU all that well. I just recently at a tourny got sent into losers by a falco player 2 stocking me. I know that he is far better than me but i couldn't help but think that i could have done something better to at least make is closer. Any help guys?
You should dair camp until you are out of chain grab range. You realllly need to be good with dair spacing too

Once you are out of CG % range, you can approach linearly, by power shielding his lasers and tornadoing/ nair when he is about to Side B. they can mix up and do other stuff so be smart

If he's trying to bair you, predict it and nado and that puts him in a bad position
A safer option i think is to air dodge through the bair and start juggling him.

Most Falcos are very obvious with their spacing you can usually tell when they will side B away. Nair, GSL, and nado are really good for beating this. Nair and GSL have harder timing, but they come out faster. Nado catches side b almost ALL the time, but since it comes out slower that can suck a little

if you get grabbed at high% they can D throw and if you DI away they can DACUS and you will die

If you get chain grabbed I would start mashing up on the C stick in case they screw up. Uair comes out in just 2 frames and if they screw up they will get hit or at least take the %.
If you are about to get spiked, either SDI the spike so you land on stage (I think this is bad because it can set up for something else idk) or just recover safely with drill rush/jumps/whatever

a really good stage to take falco IMO is battle field. The platforms help you a lot and they can't really camp. Tornado works really well here imo. i don't really like FD or SV because of how he can camp. If Japes is legal BAN THIS ****ING STAGE BECAUSE IT IS REALLY REALLY GAY

If a falco is high% and they are trying to recover with Side B onto the stage, run off stage, Shuttle loop backwards so you are gliding toward the stage, and glide attack them after they land from their Side B. This can be really good to kill them but since it is so choreographed smart falcos will mix up their recovery. I saw DEHF recover with just an Up B when an MK tried to do this.

If they are off stage and they are too low to recover with side b, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS ASAP and gimp them because they will not be able to come back since falco's up B is really short

that is all i really know about the MU. sorry

theunabletable

Smash Lord
About taking him to BF... As being someone who lives in SoCal and sees Larry play a lot, along with seeing what he counterpicks a lot, that's a bad idea.

I really wouldn't take a Falco to BF when I have guaranteed **** like Delfino (where I can camp him harder than on BF), Rainbow (watch M2K vs Larry from Apex and you'll get it lol), or Brinstar (it's Brinstar, imo MKs best stage (matchup dependant but w/e), 'nuff said).

idk Larry always counterpicks this stage when he can. It might just be Larry being good on BF.

idk when stage striking, it's probably more of a personal preference thing when playing with a 5 neutral list. Depends on whether or not you're more comfortable on SV or BF to decide which one you'll strike, I think.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I meant for like game 1. I would definitely encourage Delfino/RC/Brinstar as a counter pick but personally I find it easier to fight falco on BF. I guess it's just personal preference

theunabletable

Smash Lord
I think that Falco can camp about as hard on BF as he can on SV, but with the moving platform and scrooging and stuff, I have the potential to camp him harder on SV than he can camp me.

But, yeah, exactly, personal preference.

lilseph

Smash Ace
i would go to BF if anything, at least on the 5 starters.

In my region we do the 7 starters and delfino is neautral along with halberd, so id take Flaco there but he always strikes it :(

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I have a lot of experience in this MU. In every money match, the winner was the player who won the 1st match. It's you number 1 priority to win the first match.

lilseph

Smash Ace
i hate it when flaco takes me to japes. I don't play him enough so i forget to ban it lol.

lilseph

Smash Ace
I try, but the falcos in my region are a lot better than i am. So i end up screwing up here and there and they take advantage of it :/

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys recommend for the Kirby matchup. I have a brother who uses Kirby and while I'm doing very good, I think I could do even better so anyone have any advice?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
never run vs kirby.

just space tilts, and read dash shields, and dash grab him. upBing his bair is a legit kill option

tornado is meh here imo, he dis out pretty easy so it wont do much damage, and he can fsmash even easier. however, it does beat/cover a lot of options so from time to time it isnt bad, just dont do it to far away or you will eat a foot

kirbys roll->utilt is mad gay, try and nair him for it

sdi up and away if you get grabbed at low percents

fresh bair WILL KILL YOU

dont be an idiot and air dodge after dthrow

kirbys relatively easy to gimp imo, but invince nairs are good here practice those

Orion*

Smash Researcher
all kirby can really do is try and bait you.

also, spacing fsmash against him is pretty legit if you dont spam it, just do it Sometimes. (no tearbearing XD)

i honestly am wayyy to lazy to explain to how invincinair, im sure theres a thread on the mk boards about it, if nobody bothers to find/link it to you by tomorrow i will look and if i dont see it ill explain lol

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Thanks for the advice. How do I perform an invince nair? Now I know to try to space better and try to gimp him more.
"if you're quick enough drop off the ledge as soon as you grab it and you will retain some invincibility frames from the ledge grab. With this you can quickly do any move and it will go through ANYTHING. Your invincible in this mode. So drop from the ledge N-air, drop ledge D-air, up b, etc. An extremely good edge guarding technique and good thing to know in this matchup and others as well."

-Ksizzle

Orion you gotttaa teach me how to fight campy snakes ughhh

Top Bottom