• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
from the pit's point of view

spam nado (not near an edge or you'll get mirrored) because it juggles him all by itself because he can't really get out at all ever.

if he planks, gsl when he tries to uair through the stage, or go dair him

don't ever shuttle loop to get onstage from the edge or you will get mirrored due to pit mains just throwing it out against MK at the ledge.

gimp us, you're the only character that can chase our scrooge AND stop us from coming back after hit far away.

keep good spacing when chasing him under the stage or you will get bair stage spiked and die at unholy early percents

have faith that everything you do outranges us (if you actually space) and is faster

Nido

ily Sebby
Is the key to the Mario MU, nado then plank/scrooge for an eternity?
That's the only way I can play it without getting so angry I hit the person I'm playing...

Tesh

Smash Hero
You can nado and just eat up the fireballs and hit Mario. Fireballs also aren't safe on hit close range so if you are close enough to hit him with something faster, buffer it after the fireball hits you.

Shielding is the best thing you can do though.

C.J.

Smash Master

Kaffei

Smash Hero
vs luigi just nado whenever you predict them jumping
and space dairs lol
gsl oos r4pes too

dont glide attack mario

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Shuttle Loop looking away from the ledge and grab it with the loop itself. As simple as that lol.
Just measure your distances and timings, practice it until you get it right. Yes, that implies tons of SDs, but the payout is worth.

C.J.

Smash Master
I think he was referring to the different kind of SL.

SL goes a different vertical distance depending on whether or not you make a jump input at the same time. Do an aerial SL with MK and then do an aerial SL with MK when you're out of jumps. They go very different lengths.

The easiest way to do a "Rain Loop" is to turn TJ off. The "best" way to do it is to be able to consistently input a "soft up" so you don't input the jump when you input the SL.

Still takes a lot of practice and SDs and the like, and you still SL away from the stage like kyokoro said.

C.J.

Smash Master
Welp

Also, here's when it "first" got attention:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217069
(skip to DMG's post)

And like I said/DMG says in that thread, it's really easy to test. Do a normal aerial SL, then use all your jumps and do an aerial SL from the same spot. They're completely different. I'll look for in-game examples in a little bit.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So that is why ppl tend to SD when they run out of jumps and upB to recover only to not make it back. That is soooo interesting and awesome to know.

C.J.

Smash Master
Yes, that would be why.

There was some video, or maybe it was a stream, idk, where Nairo was fooling around on SV and was SLing offstage non-stop to AC it on the platform to immediate fall through to SL etc. and he would keep varying which version of SL he did so sometimes he'd be right under the platform and others a bit down. It was really cool. Unfortunately, I couldn't find that. So here's this instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF4TR7rOqXo
1:00 vs 2:08 (the one at 2:08 starts much lower and farther away but ends in the same spot)
2:30 vs 2:35 (Look at where the glides are. The one at 2:30 is above the platform height while the one at 2:38 is below platform height)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NyvpsniLbA
I think 4:22 an 4:30 are different but I can't tell for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNmD5MQXTO0
The heights at 10:19 and 10:30 appear to be completely different.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Maybe that's why I could never get it - so it's no jump, away from ledge?

After watching those, videos, wow. I've been doing it allll wrong

Thanks lol.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Yes, that would be why.

There was some video, or maybe it was a stream, idk, where Nairo was fooling around on SV and was SLing offstage non-stop to AC it on the platform to immediate fall through to SL etc. and he would keep varying which version of SL he did so sometimes he'd be right under the platform and others a bit down. It was really cool. Unfortunately, I couldn't find that. So here's this instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF4TR7rOqXo
1:00 vs 2:08 (the one at 2:08 starts much lower and farther away but ends in the same spot)
2:30 vs 2:35 (Look at where the glides are. The one at 2:30 is above the platform height while the one at 2:38 is below platform height)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NyvpsniLbA
I think 4:22 an 4:30 are different but I can't tell for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNmD5MQXTO0
The heights at 10:19 and 10:30 appear to be completely different.

The mikehaze example is correct

all of the other ones are all without jumping first, there are just different sweet spot angles that you can use for each one. So it's not like you just learn both and then you're set, if you want to be truly intimate with the spacing and character you have learn all of the different angles haha.

Btw, ramin NEVER jumps before shuttle loop for the sweetspot, I actually dont think he even knows the spacing to.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
hi MK's ^^

just wondering if anyone knows how the hell is this ridiculous glide done. I'm trying hard to have a decent to good MK as a secondary to gimp Olimars(Zelda main here), and I just happen to think that I have to know the most I can, regarding cancels AT's and stuff to know every single existent option and also think when it's best to use whatever I need to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIxPlWGnraA&t=9m58s

thanks guys! ^^

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I seriousy have no idea lol
I'm pretty sure that if I ever try that, I'd just snap the ledge everytime.
Japanese tech skill is just another level, and imo, most of the time unnecessary other than for some flashy mindgames you'd use once in a blue moon.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
everything I thought could make it work failed miserably when I tried it, so I got bored and that's when I decided to ask :3

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Tell Ramin to do both then. More options is never a bad thing!
why would i help him :embarrass:
no ive already told him his MK is limited when it comes to gimping, he has like 1-2 setups and if you dont fall into them its like a free recovery lol.
hi MK's ^^

just wondering if anyone knows how the hell is this ridiculous glide done. I'm trying hard to have a decent to good MK as a secondary to gimp Olimars(Zelda main here), and I just happen to think that I have to know the most I can, regarding cancels AT's and stuff to know every single existent option and also think when it's best to use whatever I need to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIxPlWGnraA&t=9m58s

thanks guys! ^^
I don't really know how to explain how to do it, lol. If I think of a good way to explain it then I'll post but I just messed around in training for a few hours till I figured it out lmao

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
I have a problem where whenever i go for the Rufio kill people always pop out early out of my tornado..? Is there any sort of gimmick to make it work? Or am i just missing the timing..?

BSP

Smash Legend
Do you guys aim to hit with a specific part of tornado? Sometimes my opponents pop out of the tornado and that can be a big problem depending on the character. How do you prevent them popping out?

And what's a good strategy for recovery in the MK ditto? High? Low? Under the stage? Tornado?

C.J.

Smash Master
Use the corners of nado. Look up the move's hitboxes and you'll see why.

MK can always cover MK's recovery options. Just be patient, be careful with your jumps and don't take the most common routes.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace

I was about to ask the same thing about nado, I'm the worst nado performer lol

but which are the corners? I don't really undestand that :/

C.J.

Smash Master
There are 3 main hitboxes in nado. There's the bottom one and then the two on the sides. If you hit with the bottom one they have to fall back down into the hitbox again giving time for the other character to escape/footstool/attack/etc. If you keep them in the corners, they don't have to fall back down into the hitbox again so it is much more difficult for opposing characters to escape.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
oh, now I get it!!

I always thought the bottom hitbox was the good one to keep 'em there, and I thought I was pressing B too fast or something related to that.

thanks for the info!! ^^

C.J.

Smash Master
Well, you can mitigate the likelihood of them getting out of the bottom one based on how you press B, but the easiest way/most consistent way is just to abuse the corners.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
MK can always cover MK's recovery options. Just be patient, be careful with your jumps and don't take the most common routes.
MK can't do this without ****** his risk reward though. 90% of the time time recovering low and being patient is the best option. If they do something stupid, or try and preemptively go someplace, nado easily gives you stage control. Just don't get baited.

Top Bottom