• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight is Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
Here we are complaining about MK when theres snake :laugh: Im not sayin snakes broken, but at least MK doesnt have two certain tilts with ridiculous priorities and hitboxs that go way out past the physical attack .*cough*
I compleately Agree on this....

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
Flame in this thread about meta knight all you want. stop making millions of threads about why you think he's gay, broken, a n00b character, etc.

i made this because i'm tired of reading about how cheap meta knight is, even on his own swf page.

meta knight users, i recommend you just leave this page alone.
I was actually thinking about making one of these for the Snake board too. We get the same problem.

meta master

Smash Journeyman
I was actually thinking about making one of these for the Snake board too. We get the same problem.
i understand why you would make one. i suggest that you go ahead and do it. people seem to complain in snake and meta's threads more than in the general brawl discussion complaint thread. (and it doesn't seem like the mods are doing much)

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
i understand why you would make one. i suggest that you go ahead and do it. people seem to complain in snake and meta's threads more than in the general brawl discussion complaint thread. (and it doesn't seem like the mods are doing much)
This thread is pointless. All you're doing is giving people who ***** about MK a reason to do that here when they can do it in their own boards.

I don't recommend anyone else do something like this.

meta master

Smash Journeyman
This thread is pointless. All you're doing is giving people who ***** about MK a reason to do that here when they can do it in their own boards.

I don't recommend anyone else do something like this.
see, i thought about this. i made this thread because people are coming to the meta knight board and complaing in every 3rd thread. by gathering all of the complainers in one place, it saves us from a bit of flaming

CPU?

Smash Apprentice
i personaly use GaW and metaknight and please tell me how he is cheap and/or broken please i want to know...

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
The way I see it, MK would be broken if he was unbeatable in the hands of anyone.

He is not unbeatable. Hence, not broken.

BetaJim

Smash Rookie
Metaknight is not broken...He's just like other characters; if you're fast and cheap you have to be light.
There really isn't much glitch techniques for Metaknight as he is simply just black and white.

cutter

Smash Champion
Metaknight's attacks have little lag, high priority, the tornado, can fly, and edgeguards so well. BROKEN!!!

Snake has BS hitboxes on his tilts, the **** C4, grenades, mortar sliding, and does not die at all. BROKEN!!!

G&W has the turtle, overpowered smashes with IASA frames, a nearly ungimpable recovery, and the bucket. BROKEN!!!

/sarcasm

People just don't understand...

l SOUP l

Smash Apprentice
MK is far from broken, he is just not one of those characters that you can charge at and unleash hell upon, you have to play him smart or else his speed+range+tornado will decimate you.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Meta Knight, even though he is my 2nd best main. Is broken, I mean he racks up damage up to 80% in 3 seconds, and his Down Smash can finish pretty good. not to mention all the Special moves can help him recover, the whorenado is a big problem, and his lagless attacks are already a big problem, and the very small learning curve is another problem, I just picked him up played 2 matches, then he became my 2nd best, I tend not to use him a lot, only if I'm brawling G&W or someone who can kill falco.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
MK's anything but broken. He's the classic n00b stopper at this point. He'll kick anyone around up until a certain skill level, where he just plain reaches a halting point and becomes not as effective anymore...

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight, even though he is my 2nd best main. Is broken, I mean he racks up damage up to 80% in 3 seconds, and his Down Smash can finish pretty good. not to mention all the Special moves can help him recover, the whorenado is a big problem, and his lagless attacks are already a big problem, and the very small learning curve is another problem, I just picked him up played 2 matches, then he became my 2nd best, I tend not to use him a lot, only if I'm brawling G&W or someone who can kill falco.
Nobody can rack up damage that fast, all of his specials leave him in FallSpecial, leaving little to no room for mistakes. I don't only use MK, I've noticed the best way to avoid the "whorenado" is shield, or run like hell, or in your case with Falco, shoot him or throw the reflector in his face; and since when is MK a counterpick for G&W? >.>

Edit: Double post in a flaming thread, gah -.-

meta master

Smash Journeyman
Nobody can rack up damage that fast, all of his specials leave him in FallSpecial, leaving little to no room for mistakes. I don't only use MK, I've noticed the best way to avoid the "whorenado" is shield, or run like hell, or in your case with Falco, shoot him or throw the reflector in his face; and since when is MK a counterpick for G&W? >.>

Edit: Double post in a flaming thread, gah -.-
the best counterpick for MK are heavy weights like Bowser, DK, or other small and fast characters like Tink or Mr. G&W.

(notice i didn't say Snake, i hate that guy so much, yet you dont here me flaming SnakE is sO BrOk3en)

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
the best counterpick for MK are heavy weights like Bowser, DK, or other small and fast characters like Tink or Mr. G&W.

(notice i didn't say Snake, i hate that guy so much, yet you dont here me flaming SnakE is sO BrOk3en)
Yes, G&W is a counterpick for MK, I was wondering how he got the idea that MK is a counterpick for G&W.

David0175

Smash Rookie
Quebec ! Brawl FC : 1v1, no item, neutral stage
Why is everyone complaining about MK ?

Personally my main is pit, i started playing MK few days ago, and yes hes good, but not broken.
I bet that if most of the pro would start playing an X character and own people, you would all say that character is broken when actually hes not, ANY character can be VERY good, you just need to learn techniques, hitbox, and some trick with him.

You complain about MK, if he is that good, why dont you use it, nothing stop you from doing that instead of complaining because your losing to him...

meta master

Smash Journeyman
Why is everyone complaining about MK ?

Personally my main is pit, i started playing MK few days ago, and yes hes good, but not broken.
I bet that if most of the pro would start playing an X character and own people, you would all say that character is broken when actually hes not, ANY character can be VERY good, you just need to learn techniques, hitbox, and some trick with him.

You complain about MK, if he is that good, why dont you use it, nothing stop you from doing that instead of complaining because your losing to him...
yay, another person that understands.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Another thing people could do is learn to play against MK instead of *****ing about him. That's how I got decent against Snakes, ROBs, GaWs, etc.

ADHD

Smash Hero
He's just like melee sheik, there, now think about that. Maybe not in terms of KO power or weight, but definitely her aura.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Melee Shiek had the same bad rap as MK? I never got the chance to play Melee competitively so I don't know about her general consensus.

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Omg you scrubs need to stop using "Z0MG T3H M374KNiG7 I5 T3H Br0K3N!!!!" as a john... Learn how to play the game and maybe MK's won't own you as bad...

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
meta isnt broken... but you need a TON of experience to fight a skilled mk properly. and until you have that experience he's really frustrating.
is man speaks the truth. get experience fighting this ghey character so u can laugh in that persons face for losing as top tier. but seriously u need experience

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
i dont get it. now that we finally make a thread that says "Meta Knight is Broken" everyone is posting about "learn how to beat him noobs" instead of "he11 yes hes broken that noob homo meta knight f@g learn to play!"

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
What's up with all this Meta Knight hate? You KNEW he was gonna be broken the minute you popped Brawl in your Wii because Sakurai is his father!

I still don't like the fact that he can hit you with his sword when you're in BACK of him. Now that's bull. Other than that...

Metaknight= Win.

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
He's not broken...

It seems like people who can't beat MK, come up with the John of "ZOMG HES BROKEN JUST CUZ I CANT BEAT HIM!".

I'm tired of repeating myself... I'll just spend the time I'm wasting on this dumb thread trying to convince narrow minded people that MK isn't broken, and contribute to helping serious MK mains get better.

SummerObsession

Smash Apprentice
Metaknight isn't broken, but he sure is gay and overpowered. He has no lag in his attacks, so it's hard to punish him. I can perfect shield his D-smash and if I try to attack him he can get another one out and I get hit by the second Dsmash. He may be light but good luck hitting him when he has no lag in his attacks where he can get two Dsmashes before you can get one attack out. Sakurai designed this game to be played with items so MK would be fine if we played with items as him being light will actually mean something to everyone and not just to the few at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom