• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta knight glitch on halberd.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
This happens with more than just MK. I did this with Ike over a year ago a few times by accident, both from Aether and Quick Draw.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I got it to work a few times, but it takes forever to get inside there. Sometimes I'd be using 7 or 8 drill rushes until I finally get in. It's fun, not even the claw or the laser can hit you under there.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
It's very likely that Wolf can get in here with his side B. This probably works with every character that has a move with fixed movement speed/patterns.

Benny The Jet Rodriguez

Smash Apprentice
it should. the reason this stage gets cped sometimes on mk is because of the low ceiling, which isn't much of a problem for mk when the stage is flying because he can just shark the whole time. if he waits out under there, he'll never have to fight on the part of the stage that is his worst

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
It's not broken. It often takes multiple tries to get inside there and you'll just end up being punished when you miss with the drill rush and fall to your death while your opponent edgehogs you. I would try getting inside once, and if that fails I'm not going to dedicate most of the match to get inside.

Master Raven

Smash Master
This won't be banned. Anyone can just sit on the floating platform and wait for it to end, and then there's the fact that people might start chasing you down knowing you want to get under the stage.

Johnny Citrus

Smash Apprentice
Smart players won't waste their time with this.
Why not? It's so much harder to kill him when he's in the stage.

I thought CaliburChamp is a good Meta Knight!?! I mean look at his avatar, it's bad *** so that means he has a bad *** Meta Knight.
I never said he was a bad mk I'm just saying once good mk's learn this they will rarely if ever miss.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I never said he was a bad mk I'm just saying once good mk's learn this they will rarely if ever miss.
Just making sure, you know how some post looks make it look like it was directed towards people. =P

Why not? It's so much harder to kill him when he's in the stage.
Yes it would be harder to kill him when he's in the stage, but would you let your Meta Knight foe just constantly try to get in his ship without punishing him for it? I would if he fails to get in, because I won't let him get another try because it would be bad if he did on most of my characters behalf.

Johnny Citrus

Smash Apprentice
Well yeah you can punish him if he misses. But I'm just saying if this tactic is practiced a lot and mk's get good at it there will rarely be opportunities for you to punish one for missing

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Well yeah you can punish him if he misses. But I'm just saying if this tactic is practiced a lot and mk's get good at it there will rarely be opportunities for you to punish one for missing
The risk is greater, and the reward isn't easy. Since you can get punished for this, and since you have to aim it perfectly, it doesnt make this broken. We'll see if this can be perfected, but I doubt it.

V

Smash Ace
Has nobody taken into consideration that you can just stay on the platform and not be hit by any of MK's attacks? So unless it's used to stall, that platform takes the need of going under the ship away entirely.

noodles

Smash Champion
this makes it sooo easy to run out the timer. if it doesnt get banned id just get a % lead and stay down there and ledge camp the the platform part of the stage

SecretofMana

Smash Cadet
Just reporting, I went out and tested this: it's not exclusive to MK. Wolf can also do it. I'll try to take a vid, though I'm finding it pretty hard to pull off consistently.

EDIT: Sorry, missed .AC.'s post. So that's Wolf, Ike, and MK thus far.

EDIT2: WOW I'M STUPID LOLOLOL.
Halbred opened right as I used B-side for the thing to take off. I wasn't really paying attention at all, so I mistook it for...<.<;; yeah.
D:

.AC.

Smash Lord
It's not broken. It often takes multiple tries to get inside there and you'll just end up being punished when you miss with the drill rush and fall to your death while your opponent edgehogs you. I would try getting inside once, and if that fails I'm not going to dedicate most of the match to get inside.
lol as if diddiculty affected the result,its atleast 1 minute of not getting hit ,smart players will abuse this.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Right, so no one is paying attention to the primary use of this.

A) Characters that matter can hit MK while he's in there. It notably lowers offense, but more notably increases his defense. Yes, it can be used for stalling, but not indefinitely, so it shouldn't be banned yet. People wait out transformations on PS all the time, and like Halberd, that's about half the time as well.

B) The more important reason this is a good tactic, is because it allows MK to recover and then select his position on the stage, with minimal chance of being interrupted. It significantly weakens normal edgetraps vs MK (well, not really, I'll just counter Drill Rush like I always do). This pulls away the edgeguarding aspect from many characters that could guard him at least somewhat decently. It also allows him free access to any point in the stage.

Also, I think it's feasible to assume MK's ftilt will also reach. The real question is whether MK can tornado and still remain within the stage.

Also, I think it's feasible to assume MK's ftilt will also reach. The real question is whether MK can tornado and still remain within the stage.
MK can Tornado to an extend. In order to stay below one would have to press the special button not as much to stay as horizontal as possible. This also means that it gets less priority. Overall, I would say that it's pretty pointless to attack with Tornado. You CAN SH aerials under there and still stay down.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I don't know if this has been brought up but

IKE CAN ALSO DO THIS WITH AETHER.

I've done this before with Ike like a year ago, even saved the replay; but twas too lazy to do anything with it.

Just read the previous page and noticed someone brought it up.

Funny thing though is the replay I have of it doesn't have Ike's head above the stage at all.
All you see is his SHADOW walking on the floor whilst his entire body is covered... lol.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
brought up at the top of the page shaya, how long till I start seeing you do this eh?

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
no its super easy to do i can do it like 14 out of 15 times
just hover a tiny bit above and in front of the tip of one of the guns (The single cannon gun, not the three cannon gun. and its the one that sticks out the farthest from the stage) and do a side b and immediately hold up. you'll get in every time

the camera angle does change where you start, the closer your opponent is to you the closer you will be to the gun and the opposite for farther away

also its funny that d3 can grab you when your down there

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i faught sanocy in real life 5$ mm and won

but he beat chu dat????

makes no sense dude LOOL

Top Bottom