• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE TOURNAMENT, MiSSISSAUGA

a

Smash Cadet
Infinite comboing isn't really possible unless you're Fox or ICs. O-death doesn't constitute as infiniting. Chain-grabbing requires actual skill in melee. I can press forward+Z all dai with 3d. Am I pro now?

The cheap tactics you hate so much require practice, and a mastery of sorts...if you don't have the patience to practice and perfect a competitive game...why compete? Brawl is stupid because it auto-wins for you. Even if you suck really bad, you pick MK and all the important things like thinking, blocking and lack of jumps are a thing of the past.

Wavedashing is probably the only really useful glitch in melee, and tbh - its not even that useful or necessary. L-cancelling on the other hand...well that was both in SSB64 and melee, meaning it was completely intentional.

D.i. prediction, tech-chasing, punish/combo game, edge-guarding, technical ability, fluidity, approaching strategies, defensive options, character specific combos, d.i. dependant combos, GIMPING...

I've named 11 things you can't do.
I've also named 11 things Brawl doesn't have.
You're going to sit there and tell me this is a scrub game? If you get good at it in less than 2 weeks and beat me then I'll agree its a scrub game.

Brawl: Its the type of game where someone like Kingace can beat CHUDAT after picking up the game only a month or two prior. Its a game that lets me pick up MK, and spam my way up the ladder of respect in the brawl community. Its a game where thinking really isn't thinking, its just pressing B really, really fast.

I hate ignorant people that disrespect melee, not because its a bad game but because they don't want to put effort in. Go play brawl.
you sound like a real ****ing gamer geek, don't take him seriously, just look at his name.
:ohwell:

Miller

Smash Lord
Infinite comboing isn't really possible unless you're Fox or ICs. O-death doesn't constitute as infiniting. Chain-grabbing requires actual skill in melee. I can press forward+Z all dai with 3d. Am I pro now?

The cheap tactics you hate so much require practice, and a mastery of sorts...if you don't have the patience to practice and perfect a competitive game...why compete? Brawl is stupid because it auto-wins for you. Even if you suck really bad, you pick MK and all the important things like thinking, blocking and lack of jumps are a thing of the past.

Wavedashing is probably the only really useful glitch in melee, and tbh - its not even that useful or necessary. L-cancelling on the other hand...well that was both in SSB64 and melee, meaning it was completely intentional.

D.i. prediction, tech-chasing, punish/combo game, edge-guarding, technical ability, fluidity, approaching strategies, defensive options, character specific combos, d.i. dependant combos, GIMPING...

I've named 11 things you can't do.
I've also named 11 things Brawl doesn't have.
You're going to sit there and tell me this is a scrub game? If you get good at it in less than 2 weeks and beat me then I'll agree its a scrub game.

Brawl: Its the type of game where someone like Kingace can beat CHUDAT after picking up the game only a month or two prior. Its a game that lets me pick up MK, and spam my way up the ladder of respect in the brawl community. Its a game where thinking really isn't thinking, its just pressing B really, really fast.

I hate ignorant people that disrespect melee, not because its a bad game but because they don't want to put effort in. Go play brawl.
All i can do is laugh at you :D

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I do love Bernard's post though. You neglected to mention sweet-spotting as something needs to be mastered... oh and spacing >_> Hearing that Azen almost lost to Kingace was pretty depressing as well. Difference in smash tournament experience between them? Azen = 7 and a half years. Kingace = 6 Months

.Marik

is a social misfit
But guys, guys, don't you see that they are both awesome?

Why the Smash community says so. =P

Sheesh. Just like tiers. >_>

Europhoria

Smash Lord
People say Brawl is a different game, fine it is. People say it takes spacing, mind games, etc. that transfer over from Melee which is why top Melee players are top Brawl players... bull****.
Kingace's success at CH4 is a huge proof of that. It takes a lot longer then 6 months to build up the mental game, spacing, etc. that players like Chu and Azen have developed over the course of 6-7 years. All you have to do is play MK and spam the most broken crap possible... no spacing, thinking or any of that required.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Continuum requires a lot of spacing, mind games, observation and a decent about of tech skill you know.

Well, some of the servers and events at least.

JUST LETTING YOU KNOW. :DDDD

and I swear, these are in Continuum also: D.i. prediction (kinda), tech-chasing (more like chasing), punish/combo game, edge-guarding, technical ability, fluidity, approaching strategies, defensive options, character specific combos, d.i. dependant combos, GIMPING...

I just though they were kinda similar but anyway.

Yeah, Brawl is like, you try to play at a normal speed (normal for melee) or even fast, and you can't really do what you want to do. You HAVE to ****ing play slow to actually do ****, like ledge hopping.

.Marik

is a social misfit
People say Brawl is a different game, fine it is. People say it takes spacing, mind games, etc. that transfer over from Melee which is why top Melee players are top Brawl players... bull****.
Kingace's success at CH4 is a huge proof of that. It takes a lot longer then 6 months to build up the mental game, spacing, etc. that players like Chu and Azen have developed over the course of 6-7 years. All you have to do is play MK and spam the most broken crap possible... no spacing, thinking or any of that required.

That may be why I'm good at Brawl.... and well, I personally like both.

But I can see how Brawl is more broken then Melee.

But I still love both of them 100%.

But that's just me. Maybe I'll realize what game is better soon enough. =P

Desh.

Smash Lord
GODDAMIT ANDY
ENOUGH WITH CONTINUUM !!!!! D:
rofl @_@ <3

where can i find it? sounds pretty kewt =o

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
you sound like a real ****ing gamer geek, don't take him seriously, just look at his name.
:ohwell:
Firstly, **** you. I don't care if he was trolling, I still got my ****ing point across. That was the whole reason I even bothered to type that much. Its not a personal attack, its an attack on all the ignorant scrubs Brawl has sucked in.

Secondly, the fact that I got to vent my feelings towards Brawl makes misunderstanding that post all the more worthwhile. At least I ****ing contributing something to the thread.

Ugh, ****ing trolling.

Desh.

Smash Lord
bernard.
I loved your ventilation towards brawl.
I could tell it was heart-felt and full of truth<3
But next time post it in a place with more brawl scrubs!!!! D: !!!

lol noh0m0.

All i can do is laugh at you :D
go play brawl

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
There shouldn't be any Brawl scrubs here, lol. Sorry Bernard >_> wasn't expecting that vicious of a post, lol.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
It wasn't vicious, it was supposed to be informative. A post laden with many points to why Brawl is such a fail game. Its necessary for everyone to hear that, so they know why it sucks so bad competitively.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Don't be a ***** Bernard, truth be told we've all played your MK too and it wasn't good at all.
You insult Phil like that and you're directly insulting Me, Ambrose, Julian and Max by association. Sorry we can actually compete with the US in the game we play.
You'd think you people would be proud about us putting canada on the map. This blatant self hate is disgusting.

Desh.

Smash Lord
here here.
so who else is going to marcos? O.o

gimme a month, i'll compete too.
;D

edit: and lol, continuum is pretty sick,
but dam its confusing T.T

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
Don't be a ***** Bernard, truth be told we've all played your MK too and it wasn't good at all.
You insult Phil like that and you're directly insulting Me, Ambrose, Julian and Max by association. Sorry we can actually compete with the US in the game we play.
<_< christ man, do you LOOK for conflict or something? this thread has been trolled enough .__.

let it go, or atleast move it to another thread seeing as how this is a TOURNAMENT thread

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I'm not trolling, the attitude from some of the people in here sincerely offends me. If you guys went and did well against top US players in melee I'd be soo excited and proud for you guys, not bitterly spitefull. Jealousy is a *****.

Come on matt this TOURNAMENT thread has gone 18 pages and a date still hasn't been set yet so.....

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Not really. He is standing up and voicing whats right. I also think the Phil comment was unnecessary. Thats why it was a vicious post. Anyways though I didnt mean to start a conflict such as this, obviously the post was going to be serious from my troll post, but I wasn't expecting a personal attack.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
You'd think you people would be proud about us putting canada on the map. This blatant self hate is disgusting.

What are you talking about? I'm the 30000th best MK on smashboards. I'm better than everyone I know.

*tornado, tornado, tornado, ledge-stall, tornado, tornado, up+b, tornado, tornado, beats CHU, tornado, tornado*

Lol, if you're going to defend Phil and say he deserves the respect of beating CHU legitimately because he is a better or smarter player...you'd be lieing to yourself and everyone here.

I'm not disrespecting Julian or Ambrose. They are actually pretty good at things that require patience and thinking. They do good in doubles, they win with characters that Japan hasn't banned, and they still respect the melee community.

Maybe I was a bit out of line, but I never said I wasn't proud about you guys putting Canada on the map. We can compete in the U.S. with the game we play as well.

Brawl is fun to play, but it becomes so stupid competitively.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
I'm not trolling, the attitude from some of the people in here sincerely offends me. If you guys went and did well against top US players in melee I'd be soo excited and proud for you guys, not bitterly spitefull. Jealousy is a *****.
i dunno it just seemed that way way to me =\

Come on matt this TOURNAMENT thread has gone 18 pages and a date still hasn't been set yet so.....
lol good, point, i've been gone for a month, and dont read up often so im not sure what these last 10 pages of posts have been. a well -.-

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Sorry Bernard, you're still way out of line. You should have never made things personally against kingace for doing well. It does insult us seeing as he's part of our crew and we all have become good from learning from each other's abilities and thus training each other.

I am willing to bet $20 Phil would smoke you hard with like 3 of his secondaries as well. Prove me wrong.

And sorry but lets be blunt here, when was the last time you beat big name U.S players in anything but doubles?

Also anyone can make a character look stupid when you put it that way:

Sheik: Grab, grab, ftilt, grab, ftilt, ftilt, fair, fair, grab, grab, grab, ftilt, fair...

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
IAnd sorry but lets be blunt here, when was the last time you beat big name U.S players in anything but doubles?
I hate to bring this up. Competitively? Cactuar in pools at Georgia.

Friendlies? Xif, Dope, Drephen, Zelgadis - all at Pound 3.

The real question is, who have you ever beat? In melee?

Jagg

Smash Journeyman
Oh Wow, Nate's trying to argue that Brawl takes ****ing skill. You ****ing newb. Anyone can pick up Brawl and be good in 5 minutes. No one likes you, gtfo out of threads you and go back to sucking **** at your university. We all know you have to because even Allison rejected you

Desh.

Smash Lord
OH GOD.
i almost cried.
marco<3
btw idk when ima get to your place,
i ferget your address.
goddamit. i'll find it O.o

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOL Marco randomly jumps out of left field.
Riddle me this Marco, how come everyone who says they can be good in 5 minutes is never actually ever good? Surely there would be tons of people coming out and owning us at brawl if this was the case right?
If I recall correctly you barely even played melee in tournaments (while you'd still show up anyways each time) so what do you really know about skill?
I'm actually incredibly well liked, I've only generally had problems with 2 main people in the smash community, (its not hard to guess who) and I've probably met more people in the two weeks I've had down here in university then you have in 5 years.
Oh, and how are you and Allison anyways?

I'm going to leave this thread now, mainly because I'm not trying to ruin a positive thing, not trying to discuss melee vs brawl, and was mostly just appalled with Bernard's crablike behaviour towards Phil.

Edit: I just noticed as well "gtfo out of threads" Get the **** out out of threads?
Desh: No, marco never beat me.

Desh.

Smash Lord
simple answer,
do u realize everyone who thinks brawl is easy to get good at doesnt really play brawl? rofl >_>
and marco destroys almost everyone at the tournaments he doesnt participate in anyways.
including u lol .

Miller

Smash Lord
Oh Wow, Nate's trying to argue that Brawl takes ****ing skill. You ****ing newb. Anyone can pick up Brawl and be good in 5 minutes. No one likes you, gtfo out of threads you and go back to sucking **** at your university. We all know you have to because even Allison rejected you
Hey buddy, why dont you prove those words, go play and see if you beat any of the crew

Desh.

Smash Lord
Lol... he probably will... =/
if u can get him to play brawl that is lol.

edit:
dzenan probably will too.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Lol @ Raynex. I mean, not to take away from you winning a set in pools, but you know what would have happened if I chose to use my main. :laugh:

Top Bottom