• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE TOURNAMENT, MiSSISSAUGA

idea

Smash Master
Bernard has informed me u r having ppl over..... can I come to?
yup. come around 3:00pm, probably better to be late than to be early since i'm coming back from york that day and don't want people to be locked outside if the buses are way slower than usual. see below for a map. "58 Bertha Avenue," and the street has no sign on it for some reason, so i suggest printing out the map =P

Speaking of MSN, can anybody else add me?

Idea, KirbyKaze, anybody?

*Needs moar people to talk to* :yoshi:
done. have a map:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=maps&i...US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl

any other questions?

edit: okay, map doesn't work. put 'M1L 3M2' into google maps and it'll work.

Desh.

Smash Lord
They'll either full hop the lasers or shield my approach cause I have no turnip to cover it (I can't get the time to pull them on FD usually through the spam)
other option besides power sheilding,
if by chance they dont full hop the lasers and they just sheild,
you can always fc to grab =/
i cant really think of anything
or fc something to dsmash,

although im assuming that in you're scenario they will always full hop the lasers?
if so then ye idk T.T
I tried =[

C 3

Smash Ace
btw instead of Teen Titants..
can we be like Looney characters.
i callz Marvin the Martian.
if we do........... I CALL TAZ!!!! TAZ FTW :chuckle:

Also.......... C 3 needs a Teen Titan signature.

yup. come around 3:00pm, probably better to be late than to be early since i'm coming back from york that day and don't want people to be locked outside if the buses are way slower than usual. see below for a map. "58 Bertha Avenue," and the street has no sign on it for some reason, so i suggest printing out the map =P

done. have a map:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=maps&i...US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl

any other questions?

edit: okay, map doesn't work. put 'M1L 3M2' into google maps and it'll work.
Thanks a lot, appreciate it. How do we get to your place by ttc from VP station?

Kage, come to Toronto and bring me KFC
Agreed.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
*goes back a few pages*

David what the hell. Every joke you make is either about how you don't love me or how small a wang you think I have.

This is seriously affecting me, and I'm getting really depressed. I hate you and I quit this game.

*slits wrists*

<3

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yo, y'all, I'm in Toronto today, at Idea's house, and a couple of other people are going to.

And Brampton is still phail, sorry guys. =P

And if my foster brother lets me bring his backpack, I'll bring my Gamecube and two controllers, as well as my Melee. :yoshi:

a

Smash Cadet
Yo, y'all, I'm in Toronto today, at Idea's house, and a couple of other people are going to.

And Brampton is still phail, sorry guys. =P

And if my foster brother lets me bring his backpack, I'll bring my Gamecube and two controllers, as well as my Melee. :yoshi:
Who is at Idea's house?
:confused:

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
it looks like somthing i would do, a combo that ends in SD, lol the knees and the jump sound like the starting of a techno song

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yo, Grmo, get back at us, have you figured out a time or a place for this Tournament?

Also, do you wanna meet for some Smashfest gatherings?

Since we both live in Meadowvale, it would be totally awesome if we could man.

Also, my MSN is willowdalenativez287@hotmail.com

Get back at me yo. :yoshi:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
*goes back a few pages*

David what the hell. Every joke you make is either about how you don't love me or how small a wang you think I have.

This is seriously affecting me, and I'm getting really depressed. I hate you and I quit this game.

*slits wrists*

<3
i'm sorry baby i'll come back to you.

there's room enough in my heart for you. and matt. and testrider. and several others.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
if we do........... I CALL TAZ!!!! TAZ FTW :chuckle:

Also.......... C 3 needs a Teen Titan signature.
Yeah basucally my top looney charcaters are:
Marvin the Martian.
Tazz
RoadRUNNNNAAAA haha.
yup C 3 needs signature ASAP.
or else hes gonna send missles to yo house.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Grmo.
we should have.
singles/doubles/low-tier & Crew for this tourney.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
I am not coming anymore because I was told that you guys use stupid cheap tactics like wavedashing and all that stupid ****. thats why I play brawl and only play little bit of melee, cheap people drove me from that game to brawl. Melee is good and fun, but not with exploits.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I am not coming anymore because I was told that you guys use stupid cheap tactics like wavedashing and all that stupid ****. thats why I play brawl and only play little bit of melee, cheap people drove me from that game to brawl. Melee is good and fun, but not with exploits.
I hope you are not serious... >_>

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Why do you scratch your head about exploits? Thats what wavedashing and all tht stupid **** is. You force the game to do something it wasn't intended to do. Brawl doesnt let you do any of that scrub **** that u guys apparently call "skill" by just spamming WD and doing cheap chain grabs that don't even give you a chance to get out. C-sticking is cheap too cuz its faster then how u do it normally how you are suppose to do it too.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Infinite comboing isn't really possible unless you're Fox or ICs. O-death doesn't constitute as infiniting. Chain-grabbing requires actual skill in melee. I can press forward+Z all dai with 3d. Am I pro now?

The cheap tactics you hate so much require practice, and a mastery of sorts...if you don't have the patience to practice and perfect a competitive game...why compete? Brawl is stupid because it auto-wins for you. Even if you suck really bad, you pick MK and all the important things like thinking, blocking and lack of jumps are a thing of the past.

Wavedashing is probably the only really useful glitch in melee, and tbh - its not even that useful or necessary. L-cancelling on the other hand...well that was both in SSB64 and melee, meaning it was completely intentional.

D.i. prediction, tech-chasing, punish/combo game, edge-guarding, technical ability, fluidity, approaching strategies, defensive options, character specific combos, d.i. dependant combos, GIMPING...

I've named 11 things you can't do.
I've also named 11 things Brawl doesn't have.
You're going to sit there and tell me this is a scrub game? If you get good at it in less than 2 weeks and beat me then I'll agree its a scrub game.

Brawl: Its the type of game where someone like Kingace can beat CHUDAT after picking up the game only a month or two prior. Its a game that lets me pick up MK, and spam my way up the ladder of respect in the brawl community. Its a game where thinking really isn't thinking, its just pressing B really, really fast.

I hate ignorant people that disrespect melee, not because its a bad game but because they don't want to put effort in. Go play brawl.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
T
R
O
L
L
E
D

Lol srry. couldnt resist. btw Tyrant has a good troll detector. I can bring a Wii + Melee, maybe a TV. I sold my gamecube.

Top Bottom