• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee to brawl mains

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Anyone still use their melee main in brawl? I kinda do, because my second in melee is mario and he is my first in brawl. But my main is melee is sheik, and i don't like brawl sheik...

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Yeah my main is still link from melee and have been getting better and better since, the thing was to me i actually gotten better with my dodging because of melee as well as fighting. Its funny how people are just learning about z air and all these other moves in brawl and on youtube when i new about this back in ssb and melee.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion theres improvement in range with link but theres some up and downs about link in both brawl and melee, but i still main him and try to use turn his weaknesses into strengths and enhance his projectile use

SSB: Samus + Link

SSBM: Link

SSBB: Link

My secondarys are basically the most of the characters lol well except for a few and I mean a FEW

tocador

Smash Lord
Yeah.... Not really my mains now are Diddy and Lucario, i "third" DK. You see 2 are newcomers and the other i only picked in brawl, so yeah not really

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Haven't I seen a thread like this a year ago? Huh, I guess it was my imagination. As for me, when I use Melee Kirby, I couldn't use him for high competitive play in tourney's, in Brawl Kirby is Smash Jesus. But as far as I see, this will bring up nothing but ranting and complaining, so I won't post here.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
I kind of do. In melee my mains were Ganondorf, Roy and Mewtwo
The characters I use in brawl are Toon Link, Sonic (both newcomers) , Lucario (kinda similar to mewtwo), Marth (similar to Roy) and Ganondorf to a lesser extent. I prefered melee ganondorf over brawl.
Odly enough I never really liked marth in melee but i'm getting into him now.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
No, I don't main Luigi in Brawl like I did in Melee. He's a secondary now.

...This thread made me realize that all of my best characters are not newcomers to Brawl. >.>

The_Rake

Smash Lord
People need to implant into their brains that brawl is a game. melee is a different game.
Its like any other fighting series... it changes always in some way.
That's like saying I used Yoshimitsu in tekken 3...but tekken 4 is a different game so i used someone else. Makes no sense.
Sure the characters have been updated and changed a bit, there are loads of similarities however, which for some people are enough to keep them with their old main

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I tried, but it didn't work out.

MPH Deku

Smash Journeyman
My main in Melee was Roy. I'm still feeling kind of down about his removal.

Anyway, I really didn't like G&W during Melee. He was this really weak character that was completely unreliable. I thought he would be just as worthless in Brawl, but it turns out that he was just the character for me. We've been dati...I mean, I've been using him ever since.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Melee was the game i actually remember having more fun playing melee than i did right now playing brawl as the time goes on dont know why probably because I mostly not alot about my main.

Ademo

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I played Pkmn Trainer in Melee..

Naah, I don't play Marth that much now. He's boooring.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
SSB:
-Jigglypuff

SSBM:
-Fox
-Doc
-Ness
-Pichu
-Jigglypuff

SSBB:
-Jigglypuff
-Ness
-Lucas
-Falco
-Random

The only pattern I see is Jiggly, spacies, and Ness/Lucas. A huge part of the character you play usually depends on how much you like the character overall. It's the reason why I can't stand Pit, or Wario.

It's wierd seeing a thread like this after more then a year after Brawl's release...but I guess...

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
SSB:
CF
Pikachu
Fox

SBM:
Falco
Sheik
Marth

SSBB:
Snake
MK
D3

SSBM was a long and organic road to finding my favourites...

For the other two, I pretty much looked at the tier list and go with whoever I felt most comfortable with. So, my picks change as the game changes.

Anonymous24 said:
pokemon trainer has only appeared in brawl. You should edit that immidiately before another person points that mistyped error
101.6% sure the man was being sarcastic.

RumPuffin

Smash Rookie
64: Fox, Samus
Melee: Fox, Samus, Marth
Brawl: Fox, Marth, Olimar

Am I the only one who finds Brawl G&W to be really sexy?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I've never played SSB and I've almost never played Melee (when I did, I played with Peach). I'm sure that I'll main Peach in Melee if I'm ever gonna get it.

And about SSB... Probably Jigglypuff and Ness.

SSB
Jiggz
Ness

SSBM
Peach
???

SSBB
Peach
Zelda
Ness
ZSS (rarely)

SSBB+
Peach
Zelda
Ness
Jiggz

Meccs

@Meccs_
I stopped using Luigi after about a month of Brawl and switched to Ness cause I mained him in SSB and he's a fun character. Now I can't play Melee well at all cause Luigi was the only person I ever used, and after getting Brawl I've played Melee very very sparingly... He changed just a little too much for me. Ah well :p

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Melee= Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Fox, CF.

Brawl= PT, Jigglypuff, Wario.

Only Jigglypuff remained.<3

:094:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Characters I played in:

Mario
Kirby

Melee
Fox

Brawl
Pit
Lucario
Wolf
Kirby
Fox
King Dedede
Lucas
Pokémon Trainer

I still don't use the same characters.

Started out as:
64: link
melee: link (tried to learn falco/roy)

With brawl I started SWF
brawl: falco and snake

After that I decided to go back and try 64 and melee again. I ended up going to Fox for 64 and marth for melee

With that I learned an important lesson. I cannot play both melee and brawl at the same time. Trying melee falco to brawl falco was a complete screw up for me. Plus, it doesn't help when your used to the new configuration in brawl. I have grab set to R trigger instead of Z. So switching between the 2 is a pain because I keep pressing the wrong button.

Top Bottom