• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee to brawl mains

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
SSB64: Fox Mcloud - Mario

SSBM: Marth - Falco - Fox

SSBB Marth... need suggestions plz:confused:

TriforceMaster5282

Smash Apprentice
I really like Link better than Marth, but after melee, Link is just terrible ( IN MY OPINION) so Link is now a secondary

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I used Melee Jiggz a lot, and I am adjusting to her now in Brawl, And I love her.
I played Roy a lot in Melee too, and I find Brawl Marth similar to Roy more then Melee Marth.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Wow Brawl did you dirty.

Edit:// Kefrius, I really can't give you any hints to try someone out until I find out how you play Marth.

If you go on the offense a lot, try out Diddy, Pika, ROB or Falco.
If you play him defensively, give Jiggz or Snake a try.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I went from Doctor Mario to Mario, and Ness to Ness.
LOL @ CAPTAIN FALCON MAINS.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Brawl didn't affect my main. I've been maining Mario ever since Smash Bros. 64 and with each sequel I just worked around his nerfs/buffs and developed a new playstlye. Mario is always gonna be my main =P

Nicole

Smash Champion
As much as I tried not to use Peach in brawl (since I used her in Melee), all I've ended up doing is wasting my time on GW before realizing that Peach should be my main...but matchups are alot more challenging now :ohwell:

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Smash 64: Mario... Really, just Mario. I could use the rest of the roster but I never played them as much as I did Jumpman.

Melee: Mario, Link, Samus

Brawl: Mario, Sonic, sometimes Link & Snake but I haven't played them as often these days.

Yeah, I've stuck by Jumpman the whole way haha.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I've stayed consistant with both my mains (Mario and Falco) for the past 7 years. I even played Mario in 64.

Scott!

Smash Lord
64- Fox and Samus, mostly, though some Link when I felt optimistic.
Melee- Marth and Zelda, with Link, Fox, and Samus following, so some consistency there, though new characters took over.
Brawl- Marth and Zelda again, with Fox, though he was as dead to me for a while as Samus and Link still are. But I made him work.

So yeah, I've been pretty consistent, as much as possible, really. And not completely by choice. If someone worked better, I would have switched.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
I used to always use Captain Falcon until Brawl. He's absolute crap now. I still use him, but not exclusively anymore.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My mains have changed for every game.

64: Fox and Ness
Melee: Sheik and Marth
Brawl: Pikachu

I still use Fox and Ness in every game, but they're still not my best characters.

M@v

Subarashii!
I was a samus melee main. She sucks in brawl, so I dropped her. I also played Zelda/sheik in melee. I still use them sparingly since Zelda is a lot better, but sheik a lot worse.

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
64 - Samus, DK, Kirby
Melee - Samus, Ganondorf
Brawl - Olimar, ROB, Samus, Snake, TLink, Random

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Not really. I kind of mained Young Link in Melee, but I was more into Pichu than anything.

Toon Link is my main though. When I first played Brawl I hadn't even touched Melee in about 1 year. Remember that..

Kroova

Smash Rookie
64: Pika
Melee: Marth, Pika
Brawl: Pika, Marth, Kirby

The list is growing!
With the huge buff pika got from melee-->brawl, I don't see how anyone couldn't main him if they did in melee.

Honeythief

Smash Cadet
Melee -> Fox, Roy, Ness, Luigi

Brawl -> Olimar, Wolf, Luigi

So yeah, luigi is still there, but I can't stand him much anymore. And once I get to play my game again, I'll probably main someone else ^^.

EDIT: Thanks ^^. I'll get around to posting in the Presentation section later today.

Supersneezy00

Smash Rookie
In melee I became more or less "GOOD" at Smash Bros. with Marth, and then moved to Mario and Dr. Mario.
I Brawl I kept Mario as my main for awhile until I bought Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time from the Wii Shop Channel. Now, Link, Ike, Sonic, and Mario are my favorites. Marth kinda just left the picture. He's not as powerful as he was in Melee.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
my used to be main in melee was ICs, and I did main ICs in brawl. Now its like totally different, Falco-melee, and D3-brawl.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
64:pikachu

Melee:Originally Pikachu then Sheik

Brawl:Sheik sucked so I went back to Pikachu for a while now im G&W and Marth mainly.

I wish Sheik was still good.....

Laem

Smash Champion
i remember one of my first matches in brawl, i played sheik, chased some1 off-stage and did a dair....... followed by #$@%@#%@$ xD i didnt play sheik for over a month after that XD.. anyway i mained sheik in melee (although now im like falcon only because his speed is too darn sexy after playing lots of brawl) and my brawl mains are dedede and wolf.... no real connection between the two. I barely played sbb64.

blairz08

Smash Rookie
hi my maines are for melee were row and mario now in brawl i still use mario and toon link yeahhh there awsome just as well as the other character games ill mix it up every now and then.

Top Bottom