• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Go look up NCR videos!! (Norcal regionals)

Big *** NorCal tournament that was also a Road to EVO qualifier. Almost all of the big WC names were there (Socal's best, Norcal's best, Axe, SW, and Bladewise) and Hbox also made it out there.
Here's the playlist for top 8: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FsDtCQCJRs&list=PLHL9GyibDp1xWE73aHFhDuKgel6S-itel

if you haven't seen it yet, do check it out, some of the sets were absolutely incredible
Sick dude. Checking out the vids now. So I'm currently subscribed to stabbedbyahippie, MeleePacWest, MeleeAtlNorth, and VGBootCamp on YouTube.

Any other suggestions (I'm looking for channels with more constant uploads rather than random uploads for intervals apart)? :)

Kadano

Magical Express
I’m looking for a thread about Wombo Combo. The OP was confused a lot about the importance of not being Falco and stuff. It was hilarious.
Neither Google nor Smashboards could find it for me—maybe someone of you still has it bookmarked or knows the subforum and approx. date?

Bones0

Smash Legend
I’m looking for a thread about Wombo Combo. The OP was confused a lot about the importance of not being Falco and stuff. It was hilarious.
Neither Google nor Smashboards could find it for me—maybe someone of you still has it bookmarked or knows the subforum and approx. date?
Can you remember any exact phrases from the thread?

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
Kings of Cali 2 also happened. Many top players from NCR were at KoC2, and there were a ton of sick games.
I'm pretty sure VGBootCamp has most of the VODS, check out the thread for it as well

BrandX

Smash Ace
It's been awhile since I've talked in the melee section. I hope all of your tourneys are going well :)

BrandX

Smash Ace
Lol brand x. Hope you're games fundig is coming along
Everything is doing fantastic! We have funded five characters, 7 stages, voice packs, etc. Just need time for Lab Zero to add it all lol. First DLC character is being released in July.

I still hope I can meet you guys at evo, if you haven't forgotten me lol

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
I actually didn't know about a couple of these.

The three "Did You Know Gaming" videos explained things much better, especially the motion sensor. The only thing that DYKG didn't include was the Ganondorf thing, which was really cool. Also does this guy's voice annoy anyone else? Not the British accent, just the general pacing of his voice lol.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Just your general judgmental consciousness regarding his voice I found the video quite enjoyable.

So liek guys, EVO competitor passes are running low....this is a serious problem :( hoping to buy mine Saturday.

MaPow

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone else's pits ****ing pour waterfalls during the end of an intense match?!?!?! Sometimes its quite distracting... and no, deodorant doesn't help whatsoever :c

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I was never one to get a lot of underarm perspiration. I tend to get very wet hands, though, which is much much worse.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I wipe them between stock too, but I do that between every stock now. Its really rough when you're trying to make a comeback on your last stock and the opponent doesn't give you that time

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I tend to wipe my hands all the time as well, despite them not really being sweaty. Paranoia and stuff... (how the hell would I consistently perform double shines, if the amount of force needed to slide from one button to the other isn't constant because of lower friction with the tiniest amount of sweat? :D).

MaPow

Smash Apprentice
Something that happens to me that i discovered at Zenith is that in the beginning, when I play others, I choke!

I have got to stop that
I do this too except its usually only against one of my opponents...he knows how to get in my head sometimes :ohwell:, but sometimes i can get in his head as well.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Thankfully I don't have sweaty hands. The choking thing can be an issue. Just gotta stay cool under pressure.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
LOL that picture.

I've recently been having issues with choking when I'm behind. I'll play well, lose a stock to something, and then I'll start getting worried and then SD and then my tech skill gets terrible and then I throw a match/set I definitely could've have. It is disheartening, but I dunno how to....keep my confidence, I guess.

Doesn't help that this game is SUPER DIFFICULT

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Got into a very similar situation at KoC2.

Wasn't playing well, down a game, and on pretty much my last stock of the SET. Doubly important because if I lost, I wouldn't have made it out of pools.

I knew it'd be super easy to choke though if I thought about that **** too hard, so I thought about other stuff. I thought about what exactly I'd need to do take a stock and how to go about not getting hit while doing it. Casually baited him into coming near the ledge by kinda weaving in and out and making it look like I was getting pushed back outta fear. He over extended and I got the stupidest ****ing stomp and he didn't meteor cancel.

Rest of the set went a lot better, probably because my opponent wasn't ready to choke stocks like that. This is kinda where that UmbreonMow **** really applies and you gotta separate emotion from your gameplay, if only to calm the **** down and get your **** together.

DeadLastClown

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know the name of this certain Hype/Combo video? The first combo is of Falcon doing two drop zones starting from the top platform on Yoshi's, and the song was some older song being remixed to sound modern. It is fairly new I'm think.

Kadano

Magical Express
Does anyone else's pits ****ing pour waterfalls during the end of an intense match?!?!?! Sometimes its quite distracting... and no, deodorant doesn't help whatsoever :c
Because store bought deodorants are profit-orientated garbage. Their active ingredients are usually alcohol (anti-bacterial, but only until it’s evaporated which takes like 2 minutes), aluminum chlorohydrate (decreases perspiration, but not completely and might be toxic) and perfume (overshadows the sweaty stench).
The best solution are chemicals that kill the bacteria, for example sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) and zinc oxide. I stir them in liquified shea butter. After cooling down, you get a thick cream that stops odor for at least 24 hours.

Concerning the sweaty hands problem, I always carry a towel with me as well as diluted sodium bicarbonate. I pour some of it on one end of the towel and rub it against my hands and my controller, then I use the other end to rub them dry. Removes both grease and sweat very effectively.

Top Bottom