• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Falco has the funniest "just got hit hard" voice good lord lmfao

And here is a quality test. I just recorded this 10 minutes ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE8iKDZb7GI
I should be able to fill in some of that black space though....right lol?

edit:
and another
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj4AZND10Lw
didn't seem to get rid of any of that dead space. Oh well.
This one came out with worse quality lmfao. I know what not to do.

Thanks to whoever helped me out when I asked. I went with the Diamond Vc500 for mac, since it's cheap.

Kadano

Magical Express
Falco has the funniest "just got hit hard" voice good lord lmfao
MYTHH or TOO-ORRAKHHH? I like those too =)

And here is a quality test. I just recorded this 10 minutes ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE8iKDZb7GI
I should be able to fill in that black space though....right lol?
Yeah, and you should definitely start deinterlacing. Here is an AviSynth script I made with ajp_anton’s help:
Code:
AviSource("D:\Video\Melee\Record\Virtualdub32 Test\ds010-H264-crf8.avi")
assumetff()
converttoyv12(interlaced=true)  #Necessary for QTGMC later
Trim(60,0)  #My capture card has stutter during the first few frames so I cut off the first second
crop(42,0,-40,-2) #Remove side bars and bottom row that is corrupt with my card #ajp: I like to use negatives for right/bottom
stackvertical(last, crop(0,height-2,0,0)) #copy and stack the last two lines
Lanczos4Resize(854,480) #Use 640 instead of 854 unless you are playing on a 16:9 hack version.
QTGMC( Preset="Fast", FPSDivisor=2 ) #Leave out FPSDivisor if you upload to mediafire instead of Youtube as mf has no 30fps limit
Most values are customized for my card, but if I were to directly upload my capture without editing, it would look pretty much exactly like yours, so maybe you don’t need to change anything at all.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
MYTHH or TOO-ORRAKHHH? I like those too =)
The latter lmao

Yeah, and you should definitely start deinterlacing. Here is an AviSynth script I made with ajp_anton’s help:
Code:
AviSource("D:\Video\Melee\Record\Virtualdub32 Test\ds010-H264-crf8.avi")
assumetff()
converttoyv12(interlaced=true)  #Necessary for QTGMC later
Trim(60,0)  #My capture card has stutter during the first few frames so I cut off the first second
crop(42,0,-40,-2) #Remove side bars and bottom row that is corrupt with my card #ajp: I like to use negatives for right/bottom
stackvertical(last, crop(0,height-2,0,0)) #copy and stack the last two lines
Lanczos4Resize(854,480) #Use 640 instead of 854 unless you are playing on a 16:9 hack version.
QTGMC( Preset="Fast", FPSDivisor=2 ) #Leave out FPSDivisor if you upload to mediafire instead of Youtube as mf has no 30fps limit
Most values are customized for my card, but if I were to directly upload my capture without editing, it would look pretty much exactly like yours, so maybe you don’t need to change anything at all.
I'd happily use that if I knew where to and how to.

Kadano

Magical Express
I'd happily use that if I knew where to and how to.
What program do you use right now for recording? Oh wait, you’re a Mac user. I have no idea if there are decent frameservers for Mac that use AviSynth language, sorry. On Windows, using this script with MeGUI, x264 and NeroAAC is really easy, but again, my Mac knowledge is zero.

Edit: I think Avidemux should work for deinterlacing, cutting and resizing. No scripting unfortunately, but at least it’s available for Mac.

Kadano

Magical Express
You can’t include M2K without Hbox. So if I had to name a elite four, that would be Mango, PP, Hbox and M2K. Armada is clearly the champion.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
What is with the EVO commentary? So far there's been:
"DK doesn't have invincibility on his up B"
*strong hit DK up B* "In over 10 years of watching smash, I have NEVER seen that kill"
*edgeguard at 150%* "Nice gimp"
etc.

It's not bad per se, but is the guy beside Prog actually a smash player?

Peach doesn't have zero landing lag on a float cancel

Xyzz

Smash Champion
There's smash4 boards?

I vaguely remember that there's some smash game released after melee, but that one is already of little relevance to me... and the other one isn't even released yet :D

BrandX

Smash Ace
I'm sorry that I never got to meet any of you at Evo :( I was hanging out mostly at the SkullGirls station and was getting ready for my pools. I hope you all had a great time!

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
It taught me that I have a long way to go, and it lets me know that I will improve because I'm playing people better than me.

Varist

Smash Lord
based smashboards site reformatted into gay dumbness
based smashboards posters replaced with little gaylets

my cube broke all i play now is league
easier to become pro at league than to become pro at melee
league more celebrity status more money more sustainability more hunnies
melee so small
why play melee
do you play because you love? love deeply and hardly
you play because it is what you have always done
if you have not always done it snuff your professional aspirations now because there is nothing here for you mlg wavelets
let the old men remain to spank the children for the enjoyment of the casual donator, the sustainable core
you will be that casual or i will laugh at you, without knowing
that you even exist

Bones0

Smash Legend
Apparently MLG dropped StarCraft and LoL, so now they only host DotA and CoD... Anyone think Melee has a chance of getting back on the circuit if they decide they want some more games? >.>

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
They're in talks with Jebailey about bringing more fighting games into the MLG, so maybe. My only worry is if Nintendo makes them jump through hoops for permission and they say **** it cause they got DotA and CoD.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
So I saw a dude with the tag "Armada Jr." entered at The Big House, is it Mango or just someone else?

Hey, I'm new to the forums, and this is my first ever joining a forum. Name's Dalvin, friends call me Dal or Niv for short. I prefer Niv. I'd like to know if there is a melee community in my neck of the woods that I can join? It sort of pertains to melee because I want to become better. I need more experience and I believe playing different people is the way to go. The more experience the better, right? Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting to know most if not, some of you fellow smashers out there. I hope to be friends, and learn a ton from you all. (Sorry if I went off topic here.)

Bones0

Smash Legend
Just go to the home page and navigate to the Regional Forums, and look for Atlantic North. There should be a thread for people in and around RI, so you can introduce yourself to them and see if anyone is near enough to Smash.

Also, unless you really want the Japanese symbols for your name, I'd suggest creating a new account as "Niv" so people can easily address you. lol

Just go to the home page and navigate to the Regional Forums, and look for Atlantic North. There should be a thread for people in and around RI, so you can introduce yourself to them and see if anyone is near enough to Smash.

Also, unless you really want the Japanese symbols for your name, I'd suggest creating a new account as "Niv" so people can easily address you. lol
Thanks Bones. Say, are you the Bones that faces EPsilon? If so you guys are pretty good. You have an interesting Falco.

The name in Japanese is only three letters of my last name. I'm keeping it. Lol, I'll just have to introduce myself often, but it's all good. Thanks for the advice man.

Top Bottom