• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
neither me nor kels is going. Sad about both. I don't know if/when he is going to another national. I am going to MIST and then who knows. If possible i'd like to go to apex, but its more than likely that school will stop me from keeping my skills honed.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
If The GERM and Replicate were to team they should call themselves Germinate and...germinate an array of women.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ok I watched the first one.. Howtf does he make the cards appear like that in his hands? lol.. And GIANT RINGS!? uhhh... lol.

My mind is blown.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol warned you. The last one is even more insane!

I know how he does almost all of his stuff... but I can't do that for anything haha.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I remember you linked to the first vid a long time ago (one of the ones that made me first interested in ur magic vids). I can practically see him grabbing the stuff out of his pockets and stuff for most of the vid but i still cant see where hes getting those cards when hes snapping them.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Encyclopedia Dramatica isn't funny at all tbqh. Apparently they think satire = being unnecessarily over-the-top negative about everything.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
My ninja friend said Jason latimer was sloppy at times but I wasn't able to see it. To me it was incredible lol. But I guess a ninja is a ninja for a reason. =P

tw1n

Smash Champion
There are a few moments in the first one where it's obvious what he's doing... but the other 2 I still am 100% in shock over haha

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yea the 2nd and 3rd boggle my mind though I think I sorta have a clue how he does it. For example, I know how he does most of the laser stuff. To me it doesn't take away from the amazement, the execution and practice that went into all of that is unbelievable.

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
1st one was OK, third wasn't even impressive. I dunno exactly how he does it, but I could give you at least one plausible, workable explanation for each trick he pulls.

Also, Uncyclopedia Dramatica is... a cesspool of iniquity, lol. Seriously, every page of that thing is like, legit evil. IDK who that's funny to, but to me it's incredibly tasteless, offensive, etc. without actually being even remotely humorous.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
That laser **** was crazy haha....and yea U can def see him pullin **** out his pockets. like the 3 red balls into white balls on his right side...like I didnt even think that was a trick haha.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol ya it's the overall performance I love.
The lazer one blows my mind for many reasons... mostly the coathanger part lol.

The glass cups and balls is insane because I do know how he does a chunk of it and I still haven't figured out the end. Each time I think I got it, I rewatch and get proven wrong lol.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Well the coathanger thing... theres some sort of material obviously holding it up, whether its a strong piece of clear plastic or more likely a specially designed material that i am unaware of existing. You can see him flipping a switch or pressing a button with his left hand at the same time he moves his hand in front of the beam of light, which probably signifies that he is releasing the mechanism then. Something similar happens near the end when he pulls the glow stick out of air.

As for the light manipulation... he has some sort of laser tool in his hands that allows him to create a laser in one direction or another or both. You can see him mess up at one point.

Jonas

Smash Champion

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol ya I still get that feeling with many shows. I actually get more impressed with knowing how alot is done because of how difficult the moves are haha.

Genesis is gonna be my stage for alot of magic :D

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Omg I love these magic shows, but at the same time I hate watching them because I just want to know how they do it :bee:
Life is a paradox, don't waste your time trying to learn it. lol. If you do, it'll probably cause you a lot of unnecessary suffering for your whole life. The magic of life ftw. =P

Jonas

Smash Champion
Life is a paradox, don't waste your time trying to learn it. lol. If you do, it'll probably cause you a lot of unnecessary suffering for your whole life. The magic of life ftw. =P
Actually I'm the type of person who appreciates stuff a lot more when I know how they work. If there's one thing I can't stand it's mystery :p

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Actually I'm the type of person who appreciates stuff a lot more when I know how they work. If there's one thing I can't stand it's mystery :p
I'm actually the same =3. I mean I get the point of the post since life is a cluster**** for logic but yea. Being an engineering major, I love understanding factual things and how it works.

=3

snake23

Smash Cadet
I only play melee now since now i totally hate brawl with a complete passion here are the top 5 things that made me drop brawl completely

#1 nerfing my best character ganondorf to the point where his moves are too slow and weak to even bother to continue using him at all in brawl
#2 putting meta knight as part of the roster in brawl he is the only character that i know of that is way too overpowered he is practically unbeatable it takes too much practice and work just to own his *** in tournaments or wifi
#3 taking my favourite character mewtwo and have him replaced with lucario mewtwo was the most unique character in brawl no one had his moveset
#4 putting tripping as a standard move that can be used in brawl to cancel the other person's attack to edgeguard is lame
#5 taking wavedashing and L-cancelling not putting those advanced moves in brawl it makes the game become a game of camping, gimping and you have to wait for the other person to make a mistake to punish them with grabs and by smashing

Top Bottom