• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

tw1n

Smash Champion
Electrical Engineering, man what an awful decision.

... lol okay I lied I like it haha
Lol I'm a EE major as well.

And hello Mr. Alvin. It is going well :D
I actually was just training a fellow melee player a bit ago. We ended up sparring for about 45 minutes so that actually wore me down a bit. I should sleep well tonight :)
It's always enjoyable also seeing someone grow and become so much better at something you've trained them in lol.

So have you been sleeping at all? ;)

MTKO

Smash Journeyman
Lol driving on the freeway is scary the first few times. Rush hour blows... but other then that it is not so bad :)

And careful everyone. Tai is asian! Be scared!
Lol <3 ya Tai. You got this without a sweat.

Also, this is phenominal!
http://www.dorkly.com/embed/13260/smash-bros-song-fk-you-parody
YEah the traffic was really scary. I would finally get comfortable driving and then suddenly tons of traffic comes out of nowhere and I'd choke. Then my girlfriend starts screaming in my ear about how I'm driving badly lol. She's korean and even though I don't want to go with the stereotype she did run over some parking blocks, hit the curb a few times, almost drifted into some other cars... all in the span of 2 weeks while I was there visting :D

By the way, does anyone live in the Riverside, CA area? I plan to move out there after I find some roommates and I'm hoping to be there by June at the latest.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hahaha wow. Ya a good friend of mine is Korean. I refuse to ride with her. The only time I ever did, I feared for my life.

Not all asians are bad drivers tho thank god haha.

MTKO

Smash Journeyman
lmao since everyone is just sharing stuff if anyone wants to see what I've been doing all day >___>

I've literally been designing this all day. Thats my senior design project. Gaaaawd dammit
That looks like a lot of work. Nice job. My major problem with doing projects is that I think of how I want it to be before I start and plan everything out in my head, but then I never start it :D

tw1n

Smash Champion
no school tomorrow I'm gonna sleeeeeeeeeeeeep innnnnn :D
Lol very nice bro!
Sleeping in is so freakin awesome! I won't get a chance to sleep in till Thursday :(
But I plan on sleeping in as late as possible that day :D

tw1n

Smash Champion
I actually am in my junior/senior year, but i keep changing my concentration around :(
Just can't seem to find one I seriously am passionate about lol.

But power systems and fiber optics are kinda fun :)
What about you?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
This is my last semester to get my BS degree. Though I'm gonna go for my masters, so I'm not quite done with school lol.

My concentration is RF engineering and my project is actually a microwave engineering project.

I took a class in Fiber optics too, really neat stuff. My Fiber optics lab ended up me just shooting lasers.

Pretty awesome =3

I hope you find something you can really enjoy man ;)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Wow Kage... I have work in 8 hours but part of me wants to watch this really badly.

And wow amazing stuff Tec. I hope I can get my BS soon. Regrettably UNM's engineering school is complete fail nowadays. So I am seriously thinking about transferring to a different school to complete my degree :)

MTKO

Smash Journeyman
I might be going back to college sometime, but I went part time for a year and a half at my community college and had a really hard time being motivated to do the work. So as of right now I'm just working until I move then I've got to find a new job.

@Kage: that should be the way you introduce yourself to people at tournaments. :D

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol how old are you Tec?

And Wooh go kage! I wish I could slay faces in melee :(

Instead I slay minds and bodies in real life :D

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol dude don't feel old. I'm 23. I spent way too long trying to figure out what degree i wanted to get haha.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I might be going back to college sometime, but I went part time for a year and a half at my community college and had a really hard time being motivated to do the work. So as of right now I'm just working until I move then I've got to find a new job.

@Kage: that should be the way you introduce yourself to people at tournaments. :D
Lol, Won't I scare people away? =(

Lol how old are you Tec?

And Wooh go kage! I wish I could slay faces in melee :(

Instead I slay minds and bodies in real life :D
Yaaa all day. =)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Haha I guess. Though, its worth it man. You are going to spend your entire life working in that field after all.

Might as well pick soemthing you like imo xD

I actually got really lucky with my major/concentration so I'm =D in regards to that

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol awesome to hear :D
I'm off to sleep now k bros. I shall speak to you all later :)

Also Kage! Don't forget. We need to spar at genesis lol. And if it get's recorded, I want the whole community to know that there are at least 2 warriors here. So don't disappoint ;) <3

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I'm an English and Psychology major. The kid is aiming to be an English teacher though :) I turn 26 next month. I'm definitely getting old but still sexilicious lol.

Haley & Kage: I gotta team with both of you so I can add you guys to my list of teammates throughout my smash career lol.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Haha I guess. Though, its worth it man. You are going to spend your entire life working in that field after all.
this isn't really true. i got a math degree and i just started work as a web developer today. having a degree at all allows you tremendous freedom in your career afterwards, especially any technical degree

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well, I suppose its not true for everyone you have a point.

Especially if you have a minor, which could open doors in a completely different field.

I'll just say that right now as an EE major I can't see why or how I could work in another field except maybe mathematical related or programming related haha.

But regardless congrats on that.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
thanks!

and with an EE major you can get accepted working as a financial analyst in a second. They prefer EEs to finance and econ majors. just as an example. (my roommate for 2 years was an EE major because his plan was to work on wall street. His plan changed but that fact remains true).

tw1n

Smash Champion
But we all love you KK.

Also I am digging the new skin for the boards.
Everything is kinda colorful but not overdone.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm not 100% sure on what improving my life matchup entails but I imagine it has a lot to do with having a proper diet, taking better care of myself, exercising more, and losing the weight I keep gaining. Toning down certain recreational aspects of my life that can't really be discussed here is also probably a good idea.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's really not as bad as it sounds. I'm just having too much fun right now and it's going to suck in the long term if I keep going this way. I also have a bit of an addictive personality, I think.

L__

Smash Master
the new design is nifty but not my style

back to smashblue

also, kk, gl with life man. :D

Top Bottom